Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV does shootouts

37 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:03 PM Edited by Official General, 14 July 2014 - 07:05 PM.

Watching stuff like this, just makes me realize how much GTA IV is better than GTA V. The gunshot sounds are much better and the whole atmosphere just feels more tense for an explosive moment like this. Just look at the incredible gunfight in the video between two rival gangs in a Liberty City ghetto. Reminds you of just how dangerous them dark, gritty LC streets can be. 

Please, enjoy the video and remind yourself why you miss this game !

• TheOtherRyan, Mpower, GTA_fear and 10 others like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

With Simple Native Trainer everything is so easy.

• Drunken Cowboy and Lowi like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

Just did the Gracie Anchelotti encounter and called Dwayne for some back up. Pistol with free aim from mid range, with Dwayne's boys taking cover, man. Insults got thrown around, and it ended with Niko slowly walking down the alley to execute the last man standing.
  • ddyoung, Official General, theNGclan and 2 others like this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:07 AM

I don't miss it because I play it almost every day. ;)

Anyway for me shootouts in GTA IV just feel far more intense. You can practically feel the bullets tearing through their flesh. With GTA V although the shooting mechanics are obviously more refined and tighter it just feels... boring. 

My favourite kind of shootouts in GTA IV are close quarters like in "Shadow" as you can really hear how loud the guns are and this feeling of the bullets tearing through them is more intense than in open space shootouts IMO.

• ddyoung, Official General, theNGclan and 7 others like this

FootFetishBoy
  • FootFetishBoy

i Love Chicks Feet like quentin

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:13 AM

i just hate the comment   this reminds me how much better iv is than V ! is it Really Necessary to put down V At every Opportunity ?

• TheOtherRyan, IGhostUlt, adictoGTA and 1 other like this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:15 AM

i just hate the comment   this reminds me how much better iv is than V ! is it Really Necessary to put down V At every Opportunity ?

Yes. It's necessary to highlight the superiorIty of GTA IV.;)

• ddyoung, IGhostUlt, Drunken Cowboy and 3 others like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:34 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 15 July 2014 - 03:35 AM.

Yes. It's necessary to highlight the superiorIty of GTA IV. ;)

You mean all of the nothing that's superior? ;)

• TheOtherRyan and adictoGTA like this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:41 AM

What's that sound? It must be that master GTA V fanboy again...

Thinking about it I actually think GTA V's refined mechanics could be why it lacks the intensity that GTA IV does. That and the sounds aren't as thundering. For example compare GTA IV's AK47 to GTA V's. GTA IV's AK47 sounds menacing and frightful.

GTA V's sounds like a toy.

• Geralt of Rivia, SimsDaniel916 and Alchemist like this

Ermac
  • Ermac

Presented in SpittaVision®

• The Yakuza
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:41 AM

Yes. It's necessary to highlight the superiorIty of GTA IV. ;)

You mean all of the nothing that's superior? ;)

Completely off topic here, but I hate the Giants. Boo to you good sir.  :v:  :pp

OT: I'd have to agree. I never realized how good the acoustics in IV were until I played V. Most of the weapons in IV sound distinctive and loud, whereas in V they sound really lame and cap-gun-y.

• TheOtherRyan, Official General and IGhostUlt like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:34 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 15 July 2014 - 04:34 AM.

The one and only :D

BTW: Nothing is better in IV. That's just your fanboy showing.

Obviously, I'm right, because I'm speaking from a completely unbiased PoV and I'm never wrong.

Completely off topic here, but I hate the Giants. Boo to you good sir.  :v:  :pp

We're still kinda relevant!

Who's your team?

• TheOtherRyan likes this

Ermac
  • Ermac

Presented in SpittaVision®

• The Yakuza
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:35 AM

The Jets. We're never relevant, but the day will come.

Eventually.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:07 AM

The one and only :D

BTW: Nothing is better in IV. That's just your fanboy showing.

Obviously, I'm right, because I'm speaking from a completely unbiased PoV and I'm never wrong.

You're still not at my level though.

• Geralt of Rivia likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:20 AM

Fight me IRL.

• TheOtherRyan and Donut like this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

This is getting off topic. I sense that was your intention to turn the heat away from GTA V's crappy gun sounds and lackluster shootouts. ;)

Spoiler

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:35 AM

This is getting off topic.

You started it!

I sense that was your intention to turn the heat away towards from GTA V's crappy amazing gun sounds and lackluster orgasmic shootouts. ;)

You're right!

Spoiler

Spoiler

OT: GTA IV's instigated shootouts were great.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

OT: I'd have to agree. I never realized how good the acoustics in IV were until I played V. Most of the weapons in IV sound distinctive and loud, whereas in V they sound really lame and cap-gun-y.

Definitely bro. That was the first thing I noticed that IV did better than V. 

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:52 AM Edited by Jeansowaty, 16 July 2014 - 09:52 AM.

The GTA5 AK-47 is a joke. It is the least accurate AK-47 in the series so far. The real AK-47 might have some recoil, but it would tear anyone off the ground, while the GTA5 AK just... is inferior to some German/Israeli rifle...? And the sound of the GTA5 AK-47 suits better an Uzi rather than an Assault Rifle :lol: I will always prefer it how it was in IV, however it could deal more damage than the M4...

• TheOtherRyan, Donut and Alchemist like this

JetsRLove
  • JetsRLove

Jets are love, Jets are life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

The guns in IV sound different when comparing guns but the guns in V sound the same except for the regular MG.

• Donut likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

The guns in IV sound different when comparing guns but the guns in V sound the same except for the regular MG.

Yeah for sure. That's what I didn't get about V. The guns sounded all so similar. 

• TheOtherRyan, Donut, boxfish566 and 2 others like this

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

Agree on the weapon sounds.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

I'm just now realizing how annoying the f*cking shooting is in V. You can see the light or whatever it's called after you shoot. You know exactly where each shot is going.
  • JetsRLove likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

One of the coolest things about IV's shooting is how you can hear the bullets drop after you shoot the gun. But still, V had the best shooting mechanisms to me.

Donut
  • Donut

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:11 AM Edited by thekillerdonuts, 27 July 2014 - 03:04 AM.

GTA 5 shooting deals too much damage and is extremely accurate - making shootouts really quick, with no intensity IMO. In GTA IV, everyone could take so many shots and guns weren't as pinpoint accurate, so the shootouts were long and crazy.

Today, i was doing a vigilante mission for gang activity - there was like 20 of them outside a police station. I arrive, they start shooting me which makes the police shoot them. I start shooting them, the police AND the gangsters start shooting me. Everyone was taking bullets and at one point my cover (which was my police car) caught fire and i had to run to a nearby building for cover. Eventually, i killed all but 2 gangsters, who ran down the street, while i had a 4 star wanted. With red health, i said "f*ck it" and ran to the gangsters who were still trying to kill me, with a police chopper shooting at me. I clipped both of them with my Mini Uzi. With the the gangsters dead, i lost my wanted and i survived. It had to be the craziest shootout i've ever done in IV.

It was cool.

• TheOtherRyan, B Dawg and VIce City Again like this

fefenc
  • fefenc

All are equal no discrimination, Son of a Gun, a simple equation

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:39 AM Edited by fefenc, 27 July 2014 - 01:44 AM.

I played Drug wars yesterday with spiderman script on that makes the game to spawn some bikers that attack everybody on their ways and they attract heat.

I was going to a stickup in a Warehouse on the third city, I went inside to make the dealers shoot at my cavalcade to make the cops shoot at dealers. After this I've exited the warehouse near from the seaport to save the Cavalcade and the bikers have spawned inside the warehouse, then they've started a f*cking shootout against the cops and the dealers. It was like everyman for itself, I've got some cover, but these stupids Armando and Henrique was always getting my way and making me shoot them. The shootout lasted too much longer than I expected and I knew if I'd stay there, I would die because I was running out of ammo and health.

I've exited the Warehouse to do a "backdoor" while the dealers was taking fire from the bikers and the cops, I've killed everyone guarding the backdoor and I've stolen the Bag, after this I've killed the cops surrounding the exit area, then I've entered the Armando cavalcade and I was keeping the heat until I got near a pay'n'spray because if I'd lost the heat, then the dealers would keeping spawning behind my camera forever inside of 3 cars and they would blow up my cavalcade. After this I've delivered the drug :)

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:52 AM

Yeah for sure. That's what I didn't get about V. The guns sounded all so similar.
I noticed this whilst doing Hood Safari the other day. I switched between the pump and sawned off shotguns yet they sounded the same. Not similar, but the f*cking same.

IV's combat and pump shotguns sound different. Aswell as the sawned in TLAD. It seems R* put more effort into the weapons in GTA IV. GTA V may have more, but it feels like they were more lazily designed.

Quality> quantity.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:36 AM

While I still like GTA IV's guns and sounds better, they weren't perfect. I never liked the muted pop or the lack of efficiency of the Glock.
Max Payne 3 pretty much nailed everything. The guns sounded, felt, and looked great, as did the gore. However, that game was rooted in theatrics, and I can't see 50-year-old wise-guys doing dives off balconies with dual SMGs.

But yeah. GTA V's gunplay isn't well-optimized. When I used to play Online, everyone would just auto-aim with an assault rifle or pick everyone off across the map with the sniper. I found it possible but difficult to hold my own with pistols, SMGs, and shotguns.

GTA IV felt more balanced and intense to me. The snipers were a bit garbage, discouraging quick-scopes and long-range dominance, but could still be effective if you weren't retarded. The Deagle and .44 packed a wallop and were relatively accurate and could be fallen back upon. The AK and M4 were practically side-grades, people still arguing which one is superior in GTA IV today. The SMGs made up for damage with high fire rate and clip size. Around all the narrow corners of LC were places a shotgun could ruin someone's day. The only thing really BS about GTA IV online was the RPG, as it is in every game.

Take the aesthetics and cover system from Max Payne, the gun functions from GTA IV, and you've got a great game. I miss when I could dominate online with nothing but a Hexer and a sawed-off... Riding a motorcycle is a death sentence in V.

• B Dawg and Kampret like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

The GTA5 AK-47 is a joke. It is the least accurate AK-47 in the series so far. The real AK-47 might have some recoil, but it would tear anyone off the ground, while the GTA5 AK just... is inferior to some German/Israeli rifle...? And the sound of the GTA5 AK-47 suits better an Uzi rather than an Assault Rifle :lol: I will always prefer it how it was in IV, however it could deal more damage than the M4...

The AK in IV deals the same damage as the M4 (30). Checked the weapon data file myself (since two websites had conflicting numbers regarding the AK)

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

The AK in IV deals the same damage as the M4 (30). Checked the weapon data file myself (since two websites had conflicting numbers regarding the AK)

I know that too, that's why I said that it could deal more damage, to make it more accurate to its real life version.

• B Dawg likes this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

Just like how V's cars felt all so similar.

• JetsRLove likes this

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

I think it is funny how I see a lot of users here praising IV when I remember them trashing it before V released.

Rockstar dropped the ball in some areas, but this is just nit picking based on preference. I have a few years worth of fond memories with IV which makes me more inclined to say it does things better until I go back and play it again and notice how sloppy everything is. I prefer the feeling and atmosphere to V's shootouts so I guess I need to head over to the V section and start a thread about how V does it better?

When VI comes out I know for a fact V is going to be the superior game as well as the best in the series. When VII comes out...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users