Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will ACU ending up like Watch Dogs when it comes to the graphics?

24 replies to this topic
LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

I am not talking about gameplay at all because I think the gameplay in Watch Dogs was great, refreshing and fun.
But when it comes to the first E3 gameplay footage shown and then compare it to the visuals now when WD got
released the visual gap is huge. Not saying WD looks bad though.
Ive seen both E3 gameplay trailers of ACU and this trailer today

and I feel like Ubisoft will fool us all again when it comes to the visuals of actual gameplay.
I hope thats not the case though, but ACU looks so incredibly good, way too good to believe that the final game
will look like this.
I know the PS4 and X1 are capable of doing this kind of graphics, but give the devs more time, maybe
2 more years till we will see games on this level of visuals.
So, will ACU ending up like Watch Dogs when it comes to the graphics?

Anyway, Im looking forward to ACU.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

how are we supposed to know?

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

That past every Ubisoft game says yes.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:38 PM

Hopefully not as it isn't cross gen.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

I'm pretty sure it'll look like that because say bye bye to cross gen games. Not one single AC game actually looks downgraded or bad in the last gen consoles, obviously apart from 1 which is obvious why.

FC3 was ported from the PC to the last gen consoles, and to me it looks very good. But they did downgrade it for the PC for absolutely no reason if you see what they showed at E3 at that time. And Watch Dogs, tbh I have no clue about that. Maybe it was supposed to look how it is on the consoles, maybe it was downgraded, f*ck knows. I'd say it was supposed to look like that. But night time PS4/PC/XB1 looks almost the same.

However FC4 is going to look like sh*t, as shown in E3. I can't even distinguish ANY difference from that and FC3. They already downgraded the Division by a small amount, but still, it's a downgrade.

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

Yes, the fact that it isn't cross gen sounds very promising! I'm actually surprised they went next gen only with AC this fast.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:56 PM

Far Cry 4 and The Division will. Not sure about AC: Unity, but I'm willing to bet that it will.

I bet it's gonna run like complete ass on PC as well. 

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:52 PM Edited by The Yokel, 14 July 2014 - 08:55 PM.

Hard to tell. They don't seem to be emphasizing graphical fidelity as much with this one. They don't have to because it's a very popular franchise.

And AC games have always looked great for their time IMO. AC IV proved that you don't need freakin' CryEngine to make a beautiful looking game when the art style and the overall aesthetics of the game is beautiful. They have a knack of nailing the atmosphere in AC and that goes a long way.

• Failure likes this

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

I'd say those graphics are about right. They're not groundbreaking, but they are about what one might expect for the first wave of games on this gen.

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

I think what we see is what we will get with this one simply because its not cross gen. No need for downgrading.

Ezekiel_RN
  • Ezekiel_RN

ƤΛƝƊΛ

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:37 PM Edited by Ezekiel_RN, 16 July 2014 - 09:40 PM.

Far Cry 4 and The Division will. 

OMG......

FarCry 4 even isn't that good to finish like that....it's a small game...read sometimes something other except Machinima bullsh*t

___

Maybe you're dead..but games going good

Tom's Division 

it's about engine-something new for all

SnowDrop engine

Ubisoft's games in future will be similar to Division...(engine)

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

^ okay...try that again in English please. Good luck  :^:

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:50 PM

how are we supposed to know?

Its called speculation you f*ckwit!

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

I think The Division and ACU had the best graphics show at E3. Since ACU will come out this year, it has more time to get antiquated with the new technology better than Watch_Dogs. I'd like to see a side by side of the graphics from AC4 and ACU. See how they changed with the NG consoles and PC.

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

I'm pretty sure it'll look like that because say bye bye to cross gen games. Not one single AC game actually looks downgraded or bad in the last gen consoles, obviously apart from 1 which is obvious why.

FC3 was ported from the PC to the last gen consoles, and to me it looks very good. But they did downgrade it for the PC for absolutely no reason if you see what they showed at E3 at that time. And Watch Dogs, tbh I have no clue about that. Maybe it was supposed to look how it is on the consoles, maybe it was downgraded, f*ck knows. I'd say it was supposed to look like that. But night time PS4/PC/XB1 looks almost the same.

However FC4 is going to look like sh*t, as shown in E3. I can't even distinguish ANY difference from that and FC3. They already downgraded the Division by a small amount, but still, it's a downgrade.

Wait you can't distinguish any difference between FC4 and FC3, no offense but the environment is clearly different so I'm not sure if you've actually seen the game. Also I haven't seen any downgrades in the The Division E3 demo so no idea what you're talking about.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:14 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 20 July 2014 - 09:14 PM.

Environment <><> Graphics you f*ckwit.

This topic is obviously about downgrades in terms of graphics. Not so smart now are you? If you watch the demo, there's barely any difference compared to FC3.

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:05 PM Edited by DisasterMaster13, 20 July 2014 - 10:22 PM.

Environment <><> Graphics you f*ckwit.

This topic is obviously about downgrades in terms of graphics. Not so smart now are you? If you watch the demo, there's barely any difference compared to FC3.

Sorry I just misread you're statement. Don't have to be such a f*cking asshole about it especially since I didn't even insult you in my post. Also who cares if it looks like FC3 I mean it's a cross-gen game so it's not really gonna look next gen plus it still looks good anyway.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

Alright. My bad for the aggressiveness. It's a habit. And that's exactly the problem though. What the heck is the point in making FC4 cross gen when it ruins the potential of the game if it was next gen only. It's time to start moving on, especially when the NG consoles need more games. FC4 as a next gen/PC only would have increased console sales.

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

Alright. My bad for the aggressiveness. It's a habit. And that's exactly the problem though. What the heck is the point in making FC4 cross gen when it ruins the potential of the game if it was next gen only. It's time to start moving on, especially when the NG consoles need more games. FC4 as a next gen/PC only would have increased console sales.

Maybe FC4 was made for last gen originally but they decide to port it to NG consoles to make extra money off it. Also apology accepted.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:35 PM Edited by The-King, 21 July 2014 - 07:35 PM.

OMG......

FarCry 4 even isn't that good to finish like that....it's a small game...read sometimes something other except Machinima bullsh*t

___

Tom's Division 

SnowDrop engine

You do know Ubisoft have already stated they're doing the same thing to the Division? They showed the demos on PC and they're purposefully gimping the graphics come release without giving options to play it like it was meant to be played like they did to Watch Dogs because 'next gen' consoles can't handle the game at those settings. It's funny how the 'next generation' is already gimping gaming, it took the last gen at least couple of years to start doing that.

• Failure likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

You mean the game won't look like these pre-rendered cutscenes?

Seems quite likely, The E3 footage was also pre-rendered, just wait till a Let's Play before you buy it.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:11 PM Edited by The-King, 21 July 2014 - 09:11 PM.

Those aren't pre-rendered cutscenes.

This isn't 2008.

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:44 PM

OMG......

___

Tom's Division 

SnowDrop engine

You do know Ubisoft have already stated they're doing the same thing to the Division? They showed the demos on PC and they're purposefully gimping the graphics come release without giving options to play it like it was meant to be played like they did to Watch Dogs because 'next gen' consoles can't handle the game at those settings. It's funny how the 'next generation' is already gimping gaming, it took the last gen at least couple of years to start doing that.

Gameplay over graphics man. Gameplay over graphics. As long as the gameplay and story are good then who cares if the graphics aren't 100% photorealistic. The NG consoles aren't really gimping gaming at all.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:24 AM Edited by The-King, 22 July 2014 - 04:25 AM.

OMG......

___

Tom's Division 

SnowDrop engine

Gameplay over graphics man. Gameplay over graphics. As long as the gameplay and story are good then who cares if the graphics aren't 100% photorealistic. The NG consoles aren't really gimping gaming at all.

10/10 most over-repeated bullsh*t f*cking buzzphrase I've ever seen. Graphics very much do effect an experience, not to mention physics effects and NPC densities. The new consoles are very much gimping gaming potential, the fact that their release titles can be maxxed out by mid-range PCs is very much evidence that they're going to hold the future of gaming back. It took a couple of years for PCs to catch up and blow by the 360 and PS3 and they still held gaming back for a good five years or more after that.

Not to mention not everyone believes that ignorant cop out, I certainly don't, graphics very much affect gameplay for me and plenty of other people. The prettier and crisper a game looks the easier it is to play and to continue to play. The lower the settings I play a game at the less I enjoy the overall experience.

• Failure and RyanBurnsRed like this

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:49 PM Edited by DisasterMaster13, 24 July 2014 - 06:50 PM.

OMG......

___

Tom's Division 

SnowDrop engine

10/10 most over-repeated bullsh*t f*cking buzzphrase I've ever seen. Graphics very much do effect an experience, not to mention physics effects and NPC densities. The new consoles are very much gimping gaming potential, the fact that their release titles can be maxxed out by mid-range PCs is very much evidence that they're going to hold the future of gaming back. It took a couple of years for PCs to catch up and blow by the 360 and PS3 and they still held gaming back for a good five years or more after that.

Not to mention not everyone believes that ignorant cop out, I certainly don't, graphics very much affect gameplay for me and plenty of other people. The prettier and crisper a game looks the easier it is to play and to continue to play. The lower the settings I play a game at the less I enjoy the overall experience.

Calm down man. It's ironic that you talk about graphics over gameplay when some of the most popular games on PC are TF2 and Minecraft which aren't graphical powerhouses and are simple looking, so while you believe that graphics are the most important factor of game many believe it's gameplay that's more important. Not saying graphics aren't important just saying gameplay is more of a priority. Also aren't physics and NPC's a seperate thing from graphics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users