Quantcast

» «
Photo

What are the chances of being caught glitching?

134 replies to this topic
Revoltion
  • Revoltion

Rev

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

Personally, I have done a few glitches in the past, but that is only because I feel cheated by R* due to certain bugs in the game. (e.g. the insurance glitch, cars going missing for no reason, cars that I've ordered never turning up in my garage). I never glitch an insane amount anyway, so as long as I'm only reclaiming money that was lost because of bugs in the game I feel that I'm not doing anything wrong.

There was also the whole bounty phase where people were hacking bounties and I happened to end up with around 2billion, but after a few days I think R* took that money away from most people (me included)

So what is the risk of being caught glitching? And also what happens if you are caught? I'm pretty sure people have been banned, but is that only in the case of really serious glitching?

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Go hard or Go home

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:06 PM Edited by BlackAce23, 14 July 2014 - 05:19 PM.

.0000001% chance being that theres millions glitching as of right now. Just don't go broadcasting yourself all over the net & on youtube like a dumb*ss or you will get banned.
  • NoSignal666, Bozzah and tonko like this

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

You could get sent to the cheater pool, have money wiped, and rank reset as far as I know.

Kausus
  • Kausus

ssshhhh.

• Members
  • United-States

Not much.

SirFiras47
  • SirFiras47

Sarcastic

• Members
  • None

This thread is stupid, of course there's a chance of getting banned for glitching 

• The Real SpitKing likes this

Andrew1980
  • Andrew1980

Rat

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

I believe R* on a high alert now. It doesn't worth it. 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

Minimal.

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

Van Society Representative

• Members
  • Egypt

if people keep ratting themselves out they'll get caught

• mmm chocolate likes this

Hyde Original
  • Hyde Original

Birdman

• Members
  • None

I think the chance of getting caught is low because so many people are doing it. And if you are caught you will proably be warrned to stop by rockstar
  • zapotist likes this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

Not much 3 cp warnings and then perma cp on 4th offense. But in order to be caught you have to do something for rockstar to manually look at ur account.
  • Bozzah likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

I think R* is letting this happen and no one will get banned for using these in-game glitches. People are tired of grinding the same missions. Heists have been a bust. R* knows this. They probably figure hey if their glitchin atleast they are still playing the game. They need to drag this game out as long as they can. 

• Niyologist, ChrilLe, Timoshenko77 and 1 other like this

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:14 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 14 July 2014 - 05:16 PM.

All the posts i see on the boards (60-70%?) being about glitches, you guys are f*cked lol....

they want to make money, and if they dont take affirmative action, it makes them look weak... and less people will be nervous in the future to do these glitches...

me: never glitched, never will

• ivarblaauw and blackwolfred like this

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

Just know that since the glitching is on this big of a scale there will be a maintenance to take the money away, so the chances are high at this point.
  • TheProphet78 likes this

gtuned
  • gtuned

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

I don't think they'd go after you if you keep it within a realistic amount.

gil62291
  • gil62291

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

Well me personally I glitched millions and used DNS servers to raise my ranks to 800 plus and have glitched millions (then with DNS got to billions).

Long story short Rockstar does not want you "cheating" the game by glitching cash, or using DNS mods to raise up ranks, hacks or anything to give you an unfair advantage; I was caught and they deranked me to 20 and I lost all my cash.

I would stop just to be safe because you never know who is reporting and recording your actions; just saying I had to work my way back up to 150 and even had to buy a shark card just to get back to where I was and it took me months.

Big daddy Rockstar is not joking about playing their game how they want you to play it and if you glitch, mod or hack and there is evidence supporting your actions they will take action (if you are caught or reported). Be careful man.

Revoltion
  • Revoltion

Rev

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

This thread is stupid, of course there's a chance of getting banned for glitching

Did I ever say there wasn't?

• gil62291 likes this

tronheisenberg
  • tronheisenberg

The Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

I think R* is letting this happen and no one will get banned for using these in-game glitches. People are tired of grinding the same missions. Heists have been a bust. R* knows this. They probably figure hey if their glitchin atleast they are still playing the game. They need to drag this game out as long as they can. 

what??? yeah that's why with every update they patch a sh*t load of glitches and exploits. They're going to do whatever it takes to keep this from becoming IV. I'm not trying to be a fan boy but rockstar will do whatever it takes to keep people from glitching as much as possible. It's not worth the risk in my opinion when you can make a 100k in about 25minutes grinding rooftop.

redpoint
  • redpoint

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

Depends what you mean by glitching..

Using exploits, like for example to dupe cars - minimal chance of being caught

DNS servers, hacking, modding, stuff like that - high risk but still could get lucky

Glitching is just taking advantage of bugs in the game, its not game-breaking to make lots of money, unless 90% of players are making billions. 

• Chrunchip likes this

tronheisenberg
  • tronheisenberg

The Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

DNS servers, hacking, modding, stuff like that - high risk but still could get lucky

Glitching is just taking advantage of bugs in the game, its not game-breaking to make lots of money, unless 90% of players are making billions. 

lol seeing how this whole game is based around money it kinda is game breaking when you're not actually earning anything. Because then two months in to the game we have to hear people like you and the glitchers bitch about how boring this game is when you probably haven't completed half of the missions,races, etc. 

• blackwolfred and A Maned Wolf like this

Peiva's Laahdin
  • Peiva's Laahdin

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

Keep it under like 2,5 million and you most likely won't get caught.

Chrunchip
  • Chrunchip

Homeboy

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:48 PM Edited by Chrunchip, 14 July 2014 - 05:51 PM.

You could get sent to the cheater pool, have money wiped, and rank reset as far as I know.

Well all the possibilities above... wasn't that just for modding files or DNS-Server? 

Haven't heard of someone who got punished just for LSC glitching... and im a day one player...

After the last famous solo-money glitch - people were left with their money – R* hasnt done anything, except fixing the glitch.

• zapotist likes this

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Last: LSPD tint on the Sawed Off Shotgun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

The only glitching I had any part of was claiming hacked bounties and being given millions from a hacker robbing a store. That and I used to keep and sell the Lampadati Felons from Out of Court Settlement. 

gil62291
  • gil62291

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

This. He said it perfectly and if you read my comment you'd know Rockstar will punish you for DNS servers for sure.

I spoke to them about my punishment and they made it clear that "using exploits or mods to create an unfair advantage will cause the appropriate consequence". They also made it clear glitching that does not create an unfair advantage (like the wearing a mask, hat and glasses glitch) is okay because it does not create an unfair advantage (they consider unfair advantages to be anything that raises your cash or RP; like duping and selling cars or DNS mods or hacking). Again be careful I almost got rid of my game (which is a great game) when I was punished lol

• Chrunchip likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilitated Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

99% of the time R* "react" based on user reports...

dont glitch huge amounts of cash, 6-8millions perday is my limit.

dont glitch in open lobbies(yes stupid people do this), as you never know who can record you glitching using the spectate option from the tv.
  • Chrunchip likes this

MookStunna
  • MookStunna

Il Duce; The Fuel Junkie Mafia

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

They slaughter hogs, not pigs.  Take that for what you will.  

I tried to do it, failed miserably.  I'll stick to my grind.

• ParanoiaX likes this

Revoltion
  • Revoltion

Rev

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

This. He said it perfectly and if you read my comment you'd know Rockstar will punish you for DNS servers for sure.

I spoke to them about my punishment and they made it clear that "using exploits or mods to create an unfair advantage will cause the appropriate consequence". They also made it clear glitching that does not create an unfair advantage (like the wearing a mask, hat and glasses glitch) is okay because it does not create an unfair advantage (they consider unfair advantages to be anything that raises your cash or RP; like duping and selling cars or DNS mods or hacking). Again be careful I almost got rid of my game (which is a great game) when I was punished lol

Luckily I have only been doing the dupe glitch. It seems that I've had some of the worst luck with in-game bugs so I'm glitching a few million today (just in case the glitch is patched tomorrow) with a bit on the side as compensation. If I get the money taken away in an update then so be it, but I may just invest in cars so I have some money if I need it.

• gil62291 likes this

mrpodo100
  • mrpodo100

Grandmaster Sexy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

Rockstar CANNOT punish you for any of their screw ups.

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

chances are, unless your really pushing it with money glitches or something then nothing will happen.

however i do find it funny when people feel like they were cheated out of something because R* screwed up some coding or something that it's ok and nothing wrong with , but yet it's the end of the world if R* does something to people cheating or the way they were cheating. i find it all quite entertaining and fun to see.  :lol:

Rockstar CANNOT punish you for any of their screw ups.

tell that to the people who were banned for taking advantage of their "screw ups".

• Wombater likes this

em1b16a2
  • em1b16a2

Post Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

Lol you feel cheated. Dumbass

gil62291
  • gil62291

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

Luckily I have only been doing the dupe glitch. It seems that I've had some of the worst luck with in-game bugs so I'm glitching a few million today (just in case the glitch is patched tomorrow) with a bit on the side as compensation. If I get the money taken away in an update then so be it, but I may just invest in cars so I have some money if I need it.

I would recommend doing it with a friend you trust and in an invite session only. I have heard rumors that Rockstar are spectating random players so just be careful. I honestly doubt they will take your cash away unless you have an amount that would be impossible to achieve within the game play time (like if you have 100 Million but only have 5 days of game play) that kind of stuff.

I am not judging you its your game and you can play it how you see fit and you having millions of cash does not affect my game or game play experience at all so I say do it if it makes your game play experience funner. Just warning ya from personal experience. Also be careful there are alot of people on this forum that will report you lol so I would not mention glitching on this forum you risk people reporting you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users