» «
Photo

Early Game... Easy Money? Help PlZ

10 replies to this topic
Antny421
  • Antny421

Lurkin...

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:43 PM Edited by Antny421, 14 July 2014 - 04:49 PM.

Alright so I dusted off the case a popped GTA5 back in. I'm playing as Franklin, just finished where him and Lamar bring the cars to Simeon for the first time. I've got 10k...

BAWSAQ Isn't available...

LCN Browsing...

Life Invader stock is at like $25. A share. Doesnt this stock go up good before you kill the C.E.O. If I remember right before you kill the guy the stocks worth $100 or so.

Any ideas on how to capitalize early on

Sofa
  • Sofa

innocent bystander

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:00 AM Edited by Sofa, 15 July 2014 - 01:04 AM.

Well, not much this early on, and even less so since patches removed the cash briefcases.

The lcn is usable early on and although some stock have scripted movements related to story missions, you still need a sizeable investment to make a noticable profit.

Stock price in dollars are randomised each story launch, percentage variations are scripted in certain cases(assassination and certain storyline events), but fluctuate slightly every 30 seconds or so during freeroam.

There's the street races though(franklin s&f hao mission), highway (popular street)is 4400 or something a win, race is doable in under 2 min, not much no, but spammable and very easy....

Epsilon missions for michael can pay off nicely, although not "easy money", recommend you do them early if you want to invest during the playthrough.

The encounter events can yield modest sums, like the bicycle theft, and bottinos daughter.
  • fac316 likes this

Capital
  • Capital

Generic Goon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:40 AM

Well, not much this early on, and even less so since patches removed the cash briefcases.

They patched those money truck briefcases? Since when cause I've replayed the story recently and could still find them for like 3000-6000 dollars.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:05 AM

The underwater briefcases. There were briefcases with money in them underwater. The blueprint map shows where they should be. It seems like they removed them entirely maybe because they kept respawning. I never got one before they were removed. :(
  • Sofa likes this

hitrho5
  • hitrho5

The Big Red

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

If you own a PC, you could always try modding your save file. I didn't do this until the end of the game, though; I thought the rewards for the first 4 scores would be higher. If you're not a fan of cheating, the best way is probably through playing the stock market. There are several guides across the web for this, but the jist of it is to chose a stock that's doing well, look at it's high and low, and then buy low/sell high. You'll have to be pretty patient. SPOILER: Lester gives Franklin a few assassination methods a little further into the game. Do only the first one, and save the rest for endgame. You take down CEOs of companies on the stock market. So, using one of the guides on the web and investing as they say to do, it is very possible to make hundreds of millions of $. If you still have trouble making money, just be frugal while you play the story. Don't buy any clothes, properties or vehicles. Don't let the cops arrest you. Die as little as possible. The only thing you should spend money on is weaponry. If you decide to invest, always save just before buying shares, and keep in mind the risk you take by using sleep to speed up time.

Sofa
  • Sofa

innocent bystander

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:28 AM

Ye, you don't have many expenses in early story mode, but it can be preferable to "live comfortably" through the storyline, so to speak.

Weapon are mostly given to you in missions, but upgrades are nice to have. Clothes, tattoos, and haircuts add up if not careful, but it can be fun to personalize the dudes you're gooing to spend a playthrough staring at. But these things don't add up to a degree they will break your bank, cars and their upgrades, on the other hand will!

The only thing i have spent a noticeable sum on during story was Franklins lsc property in order to work around this and get free vehicle upgrades for the lively bunch, just have them meet up and swap cars, and tune them with franklin.

The vespucci beach safe house(wades cousins condo) parking trevor gets is excellent for this withouth having them actually meet, cars save there regardless of protag. Now have fun wrecking them in retarded ways without much sense of loss!

InnocentA
  • InnocentA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

When you get to the 'construction assassination', do the no cops glitch and use that to rob stores (a glitch will also make the money from the tills respawn if you walk about 10 meters away then return) & security trucks. You have to go up the crane next to the building to take out the chopper & finish the mission without failing and losing it all when you are done. And the glitch with michael during the live invader (i think) glitch where you rig the phone with explosives

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

As Special vehicles are free, you can pick up the Zentorno and go beat some races (Frank Only, however) Other vehicles work too if you don't like the Zentorno. I think the last race gives you 6750 per win.(it costs 1500 to enter the last race though) Maybe not the best way to get money, but not the worst either.

As Trevor, you can raid the Weed farm near mount Chiliad. A glitch prevent's the briefcase from respawning, but at most with me it has been worth 60k.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:44 PM Edited by fnxrak, 16 July 2014 - 03:04 PM.

Were the briefcases completely removed because a few of patches back they were still available????

I know at first they were there almost all the time, but then they patched it and we no longer were able to get them through the change character glitch but still they were obtainable through quicksaving and realoding. Was that patched too???

Like I said a few patches back I made this video and they were still there I can't remember what patch was it but definitely not lower than 1.07

<<<Edit>>>

Yeap they are still there just go to the locations and quick save the game using the phone and relaod that quicksave get the briefcase and quicksave/reload again to get the same briefcase over and over.

Here you may you use this map as reference: Hidden Packages

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

There's a couple of random encounters up north that can get you a bit of cash. Antonia Bottino, and the deal gone wrong in the Chiliad Wilderness both net a pretty penny or two.

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

I robbed stores, and security trucks for awhile.

That first time stealing a security truck was the best lol.

After awhile though you start to notice that the game is really expensive, and you'll need to use the LCN/BAWSAQ.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users