12 replies to this topic
Fox_McCloud45
  • Fox_McCloud45

Player Hater

• New Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hello!

I am trying to enable all the alternative trains paths who exists in the original files...

I saw there were four path files for trains (tracks1-4.dat), but also two other files (train1-2.dat) in the data\Paths folder.

I'd like to know:

- Are the 4 files tracks1-4.dat are 4 different tracks, 1 track only or something else?

- What are the two files train1-2.dat ?

- And, if it is possible, force the game to spawn regularly trains on the unused paths (although they are buggy)?

Thank you in advance.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ZAZ, 2 weeks ago.

check out X Train Track Editor
train.dat? i believe it's unused, i believe i have read that anywhere
hmm.. i just had a look with this tool for the 4 track.dat's but i miss a track, we know that there is an unused train track from SF Station going straight to very east of San Andreas, we can drive this with train by using a cleo script

Fox_McCloud45
  • Fox_McCloud45

Player Hater

• New Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well, here is the path of data\Paths\tracks2.dat , which is unused:

1405374141-tracks2.png

And here is a screenshot of data\Paths\tracks4.dat ; it is the unused track you described:

1405374402-tracks4.png

↑ There is a path not shown between Unity Station and the exit of the tunnel, I think.

But I also want to make some regular trains spawn on these tracks for debugging purposes.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

I tested something, i could drive with train in circle on tracks2.dat in both directions.
So the train ride will be connected from start and end point.

tracks2.dat seems to be unused for default train spawn, but available for scripting. I never saw a train on tracks2.dat. Maybe i'm wrong

tracks3.dat is SF Tram

tracks4.dat have for a part the same track like tracks.dat, it seems also to be unused for default train spawn, but available for scripting and don't have stops at stations
The coords of both tracks, tracks.dat and tracks4.dat are listed in same order, beginning at north/east, then passing LS unity station, then Market station and then SF Station
And the mysterious ride, i mentioned, from SF Station going straight to very east of San Andreas, is, because start and end points of tracks4.dat will be connected

The Stations of coord entries of tracks.dat are marked with flag 1 at the end
gtamodding says "Station, 1 - left side exit, 2 - right side exit"

SF station
-1944.1 139.877 24.7148 1

LS market station
814.997 -1366.51 -2.668 1

LS unity station
1725.12 -1953.81 12.5503 1

Turn the map a little bit in 3d view, then it shows also the points between Unity Station and the exit of the tunnel

tracks.dat:
08GDirt.png

But I also want to make some regular trains spawn on these tracks for debugging purposes.

When i go to SF station or LS market station or LS unity station, then a train arrives and stops
So i don't understand your request

With scripting is possible to spawn any train at any point of any of these 4 track files in each direction i want
But track4.dat is overlaying to track.dat, so i can't say, spawn it on track4.dat or spawn it on track.dat

Fox_McCloud45
  • Fox_McCloud45

Player Hater

• New Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

The tracks2.dat file is never used in-game, but tracks4.dat is used only two times in the original game:

→ During the mission "Wrong Side Of The Track", CJ and Big Smoke follow a Brown Streak (working on tracks.dat path). However, before entering the tunnel leaving Los Santos, another Brown Streak comes, and it is working on tracks4.dat path.

→ During the mission "Snail Trail", while following the Brown Streak, a Freight comes and the player must avoid it; this Freight uses the tracks4.dat path too:

The path defined by tracks4.dat is almost the same than the tracks.dat path. The only difference is that trains will navigate on the second way (in normal gameplay, only one way of the entire railroad is used at all times).

→ Also, the CrazyTrain CLEO script spawn two trains near the exit of the Doherty tunnel at small intervals to create chaos: one of these trains is spawned on tracks4.dat path.

But I want to make trains spawn on the tracks2 and tracks4 paths during normal gameplay, without modyfing path files.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Thanks for clarifying

But I want to make trains spawn on the tracks2 and tracks4 paths during normal gameplay, without modyfing path files.

and by which method do you wanna do that?

Fox_McCloud45
  • Fox_McCloud45

Player Hater

• New Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

A CLEO script, aGTA3 / main.scm modification maybe.

Do you think adding a stop point on each tracks2.dat and tracks4.dat will allow trains to spawn?

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

do know this mod? sa_two_trains

"A CLEO script, aGTA3 / main.scm modification maybe."
can you write cleo scripts?

"Do you think adding a stop point on each tracks2.dat and tracks4.dat will allow trains to spawn?"
i think no, but check it out by yourself, edit the tracks2.dat and don't forget to make first a backup copy

Fox_McCloud45
  • Fox_McCloud45

Player Hater

• New Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Fox_McCloud45, 2 weeks ago.

Yes, I know it. But it adds some other things I don't want, and the CLEO script cannot work without, causing the game to crash while loading the world. I don't want to change trains carriages, just allowing trains to use the tracks2.dat path (EDIT: and tracks4.dat) (but the new algorithm is good however). I also tried to find another Two_Trains CLEO script but without any success.

I do not know how to write CLEO script, unfortunately. I thought using CLEO would not be necessary.

The last solution does not work. Additionaly, the tracks3.dat, which is the SF Tram path, has no stop point and works well. I am not surprised it did not work.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ZAZ, A week ago.

go to SF eastern basin where the import/export crane is placed
then say me if it is what you mean

Fox_McCloud45
  • Fox_McCloud45

Player Hater

• New Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

It is what I mean, the train correcly spawn on tracks2.dat and use the path between Crawberry Station and the docks.

Is there a script to make the same thing for tracks4.dat ? Thank you.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago Edited by ZAZ, A week ago.

It is what I mean, the train correcly spawn on tracks2.dat and use the path between Crawberry Station and the docks.

Is there a script to make the same thing for tracks4.dat ? Thank you.

i will try it

meanwhile i made a nice script that let a train drive to the import/export crane at San Fierro EasterBasin

Fox_McCloud45
  • Fox_McCloud45

Player Hater

• New Members
  • France

Posted A week ago

Oh, thanks, I'll try it now. Good luck with the other script!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users