Photo

The 'voting' screen needs revamping.

20 replies to this topic
KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:55 PM Edited by KimberJane, 14 July 2014 - 02:57 PM.

Every time I begin a lobby where I host a job it's usually a racing job. Then people join that want to race. Then those who stick around to vote on the next job pick another race. Makes sense. 

So I find it frustrating that of the 18 possible jobs we get to choose from (2 refreshes of the jobs), that sometimes only 3 or 4 racing jobs ever show.

If the host has hosted a racing job then what would be better is for at least 75% of the 18 possible jobs to vote on actually be racing jobs. Same goes for those who host a deathmatch, most of the jobs to vote on after should really be deathmatches.

The voting process should match up to what the host originally decided to host. Or am I just being picky?

• poklane, Mr Fyn666, GrandTheftBatman and 3 others like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:59 PM Edited by Vooodu, 14 July 2014 - 03:33 PM.

The Voting screen is annoying..  Since day one.   Nothing more annoying that getting sh*t jobs that force a lobby to shut down.  I mean everyones racing.. And NO RACES show up?  Whaaat?

I think when anyone makes a new game lobby they need to choose how it works.

Party Mode = Random game types. Anything can appear.  Which is what we currently have.

Race Mode = Races only. Only races appear

PVP mode = All pvp game modes types appear

Also.... Make it during the job vote screen that 5 R* created jobs show up.  And ONE random user created published job shows up in one box.  

• KimberJane, GrandTheftBatman and BlackAce23 like this

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

It's hard now to even attract 5 or 6 people to race. Considering the millions online they really should work out a way to invite more than just your friends/crew/all in session plus when people do join their friends/crew. 

A Parked Car
  • A Parked Car

Snitch

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

Also what is up with sometimes still having one refresh left but it doesn't let you select refresh?

• Heists, miklad and LambentBunny like this

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:21 PM

If I race someones created track, then their other tracks should show up in the voting screen.

I am friends with a few guys who host created races and if they want to switch to a different track of theirs then they have to back out and inv again

• poklane, GrandTheftBatman and LuapYllier like this

Supreme Gentlemen
  • Supreme Gentlemen

Requested Ban

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

Add another Refresh?

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

Add another Refresh?

Refreshes are not enough.

I don't want to see PVP game modes when in race mode.   All races all the time..

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

Excellent thread OP

I'm still a mission junkie, made a lot of friends and had a lot of laughs. So why when I get to voting screen all I'm offered are DM's, Capture, Chuting and 2 or 3 low level missions..

Lost a lot a decent lobbies this way which is so f*cking frustrating, It cant be hard to code the voting screen to identify your preferences!

luisniko
  • luisniko

L'enchanteur de fappe

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Races always have low payout and time dragging. Definitely what Rockstar like.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

I wish it was faster, i hate joining a quick race and not being able to leave the lobby before it starts. 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

Voting screen is fine because it sometimes encourages the lobby to try out other game modes, especially if like 3-4 people vote on a different type of job quickly.

miklad
  • miklad

...playing since Pong.

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

Also what is up with sometimes still having one refresh left but it doesn't let you select refresh?

I'd like to know why this hasn't been fixed since Week 1. So annoying and so broken.

• KimberJane likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:13 PM Edited by Vooodu, 14 July 2014 - 04:17 PM.

Voting screen is fine because it sometimes encourages the lobby to try out other game modes, especially if like 3-4 people vote on a different type of job quickly.

Well its not really fine if said groups of players only want to PVP or Race..

Which is why we need a better way of creating lobbies.

If im in a racing lobby... No one wants to try anything else... We wanna race.  And when no races appear the lobby is dead and we all have to take a 2-5 minute 'cloud loading screen' break.

And the worst part is.. Alot of the times it ends up picking the same jobs again..  and again.

• KimberJane likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

I agree that it should favor the job type you just played...but it is fairly obvious they are doing it on purpose to try to push people to play the less used jobs.

takayi
  • takayi

Player Lover

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:16 PM Edited by takayi, 14 July 2014 - 04:20 PM.

They should fix it so one of the jobs in the voting screen is always Rooftop Rumble.

Just kidding. But I agree that the voting screen jobs should be based on what the players want to play; missions, races, deathmatches etc.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

Yeah, maybe I should stop doing awesome races to steal coke for Gerald :) never thought about it that way lol.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

Yeah happens often. Agreed when i'm racing or doing missions it should offer me more of that type than other jobs. 

TriumphEffect
  • TriumphEffect

Paranoic Skeptism

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

I'd like to know why this hasn't been fixed since Week 1. So annoying and so broken.

It's annoying as hell, you have to wait until the 26 second mark to refresh again, by then everyone has voted freeroam.  :/  

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:24 PM

If they have the jobs categorized in the job menu, and at the same time you have the option of joining a specific type of job when utilizing "quick job" then the way I see it, there is no reason to have randomized job selections at the voting screen when everything else has the option of being specific.

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

The first voting screen should be all jobs of the same type that was just finished or at the very least the top row of 3 should be. If refresh is chosen then there can be other job types to choose.
Another thing that annoys me is randoms that vote freemode which sometimes forces players that want to keep doing jobs backo to freemode if they're not the majority. Just hit circle and leave if you dont want to do another job!!!

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:21 PM

And the worst part is.. Alot of the times it ends up picking the same jobs again..  and again.

OMG yeah, I'm sick of seeing more or less the same choices. 

If I race someones created track, then their other tracks should show up in the voting screen.

I am friends with a few guys who host created races and if they want to switch to a different track of theirs then they have to back out and inv again

Yep totally, I've said this before. Like me for example I've made 8 race creations, so when I host one I then have to leave to host another of my creations. Yes a playlist is the only way around it but not everyone wants to join a playlist.

It does work if you keep just moving the cursor in all directions, eventually it lets you finally select 'refresh' :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users