Quantcast

» «
Photo

iPhone 6

489 replies to this topic

Poll: iPhone 6 releasing 9/19 (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Which iPhone 6 Will You Be Buying?

1. iPhone 6 Plus (16 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

2. iPhone 6 (14 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

well you got the perfect disguise and you're looking okay

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:11 AM Edited by rawrsnar, 29 July 2014 - 01:14 AM.

I think I'll stick to Android instead of buying one of these glorified feature phones, thank you very much. Twice the functionality and brawn for half the price.

Also, inb4 "This phone looks so much better than *insert older iPhone model here* because of *insert new feature here that should've been added several years ago here*. Apple has really outdone themselves this time!"
  • lpgunit, esmittystud101 and TheMcSame like this

countergame
  • countergame

Home Sweet Home

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:40 AM Edited by countergame, 30 July 2014 - 11:43 AM.

I kinda miss Scott Forstall.. because of the good old iOS design :(
But yeah, i can't wait to see the official version of the iPhone 6.
The leakead iPhone 6 looks really cool.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

Case in point: Apple's products are always over-priced as hell.

countergame
  • countergame

Home Sweet Home

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

Microsoft ain't better.. Just look how overpriced the surface pro 3 is.. 800$ for a low-end i3 version. Nope

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:54 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 31 July 2014 - 05:55 PM.

Okay, so Samsung is not releasing a high end Galaxy S5 version with a 4K display this Fall. My hopes are crushed now for a phone that really stands out from the rest. I guess I'll just upgrade to a Galaxy S5. Not really happy about it though. I would wait for the Note 4, but my Galaxy S3 is so outdated now. It still works good.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

This isn't a Samsung Plastic thread....

• Alchemist likes this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

Okay, so Samsung is not releasing a high end Galaxy S5 version with a 4K display this Fall. My hopes are crushed now for a phone that really stands out from the rest. I guess I'll just upgrade to a Galaxy S5. Not really happy about it though. I would wait for the Note 4, but my Galaxy S3 is so outdated now. It still works good.

Meh, you don't need that many pixels on the screen anyway. 1080p is good enough and it wont drain as much battery.

OT: Speaking about 4K I wonder how long it will take  Apple to release a phone with a 4K display now they are just about to break the HD barrier.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:55 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 01 August 2014 - 07:55 PM.

Okay, someone is drinking some outdated Apple Kolaid. Atleast my plastic you can do stuff with. You can customize everything. Iphones don't even have micro SD slots or well anything that customizable. Can you even replace the battery on your own? Do they even know what Widgets are yet? Apple is so far behind. Apple is like Walmart. People are just too dumb to go anywhere else. Oh yeah, my Galaxy S3 is still bigger than Apples new Iphone 6. Just plain late to the game Apple. They even sue everyone else saying they are copying them. Trust me Apple, no one has copied your small as sh*t screen.

Now back to my plastic Galaxy S5.....LOL

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

Totally off topic, but I'm 99% sure that the dude voicing big brother in this ad is the same dude who now does Grandpa Pig.....

Back on topic I'll definitely be getting the smaller 6 when my contract's up in October.
I never bothered with iPhones before 5 as I always found them too bulky and nothing ruins the look of a good outfit more than a f*cking brick in your pocket. Yes , I am really that vain!!

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:02 PM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 02 August 2014 - 01:31 AM.

Okay, someone is drinking some outdated Apple Kolaid. Atleast my plastic you can do stuff with. You can customize everything. Iphones don't even have micro SD slots or well anything that customizable. Can you even replace the battery on your own? Do they even know what Widgets are yet? Apple is so far behind. Apple is like Walmart. People are just too dumb to go anywhere else. Oh yeah, my Galaxy S3 is still bigger than Apples new Iphone 6. Just plain late to the game Apple. They even sue everyone else saying they are copying them. Trust me Apple, no one has copied your small as sh*t screen.

Now back to my plastic Galaxy S5.....LOL

You like your Galaxy and I like my iPhone. I have an Apple ecosystem with a Mac, iPhone and iPad and they all work perfectly with each other. When I'm on the go, I can read a webpage and once I get home that exact webpage is waiting for me on my MacBook Pro or iPad for whichever I feel like using. If my iPhone 5S is across the room when I get a call or text, no worries I'll just answer it on my MacBook Pro or iPad. My Apple ecosystem is absolutely perfect for me as I very rarely have any problems and when I do, I take a five minute drive to the Apple Store and replace by defective product with a brand new one within minutes of walking into the Apple Store.

Additionally, you said that your plastic Galaxy S3 is still bigger than Apple's new iPhone 6. Hate to break it to you but per manufacturing leaks, the iPhone 6 will be coming in two sizes, 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches. So I'm very curious, how did you manage to get a custom made S3 phone that is larger than 5.5 inches because last I checked the Galaxy S3 is 4.8 Inches.

Lastly, if you look at the top of this thread you'll find the title, "iPhone 6" if you want to discuss Galaxy phones, go make a Samsung Galaxy topic.

Back on topic I'll definitely be getting the smaller 6 when my contract's up in October.
I never bothered with iPhones before 5 as I always found them too bulky and nothing ruins the look of a good outfit more than a f*cking brick in your pocket. Yes , I am really that vain!!

Apple sure does like designing their phones to be thin. The iPhone 6 is supposed to be much thinner than the 5 but that just seams unrealistic. The iPhone 5 is already unbelievably thin.

• smoothie wolf likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:09 AM

There is nothing wrong with iphones or apple in general. That's great your apple echo system works for you. Wasn't what I was comparing. You say the 5.5 phablet from apple is larger than an S3 but wasn't comparing phablets. Samsung note I'm sure is bigger than that and has the specs to go with it. All I was saying is that apple is way late to the big screen world. If I wouldn't have said something someone else would have. I owned an iPhone back in the day, but Samsung along with HTC and others have done quite well in turning the tides with me at least, especially options on phones. You walk in to get something apple phone wise, you ain't got much to choose from. Walk into any major phone retailer and see the apple phone section, then look at everyone else selection. No comparison. Now go stand in line for your new Apple product. I'm sure guys in line will relate to you much better than me. LOL

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Working hard to maintain my sanity.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

Yes yes, nothing wrong with iPhones other than we're too stoopid to buy anything else.  Thanks for your input, now kindly f*k off.  

At any rate I'm looking at finally updating my old iPhone 4.  Was my first smartphone, but it's time to upgrade.  It'll be tough because I'm also looking at a PS4, choices...

Was wondering, I never had a case/cover for mine b/c I liked the clean look.  If this new one is also made from aluminum, what are your experiences with the 5/5s and scratches?  I heard it was more noticeable on the newer ones.  

Thanks!

• SimsDaniel916 likes this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

Was wondering, I never had a case/cover for mine b/c I liked the clean look.  If this new one is also made from aluminum, what are your experiences with the 5/5s and scratches?  I heard it was more noticeable on the newer ones.  

Thanks!

It's pretty well with aluminum. If it gets scratched hard by say a key it will obviously show, similar to that of a car. As longs as someone doesn't key your phone or you drop it down some stairs, it should be fine.

I myself also like the clean look and have never put a case on my 5S and the aluminum casing looks to be brand new. The glass display and glass backing on the other hand, not so much. (I'm pretty rough with my iPhone though.)

EllieAW
  • EllieAW

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

I'm a Samsung Galaxy advocate but have to say I am a little excited for the iPhone 6...what can Apple give us this time?! 

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

http://9to5mac.com/2...koffs-for-sale/

The ones Goophone made look practically identical to the real thing, save for a cheapo plastic shell the Chinese fakers used in place of the aluminum ones. Mayandjay disassembled one on his Youtube howto video showing how to replace the SD stick with a higher-capacity one, and from what I saw, the fakes lacked screw posts compared to the (alleged) prototypes.

Cock&Balls
  • Cock&Balls

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

I upgraded to an iPhone 5s from iPhone 4 earlier this year. I really like it. I love what they did with the camera, the 120 FPS can be so fun!

I guess I will be getting a 6s when my contract is up in 2016...

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:45 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 07 August 2014 - 05:46 PM.

I'm a Samsung Galaxy advocate but have to say I am a little excited for the iPhone 6...what can Apple give us this time?! 

Nothing. Same old....same sh*t. Until the phone allows you to customize deeply, get rid of the absolute HORSEsh*t battery and make the stock removable, major iOS improvement, thin bezels, Micro SD slot, and a much better camera, on paper the iPhone 6 has nothing to deliver.

However, the iPhone has incredible speed in terms of internet and phone processing, so this shouldn't come short, since the rumours say it's going to be clocked at 2 GHz. It's no surprise that Apple's custom chip can be fully utilized as well as the fact there is no bloatware on the phone, and iOS is easy to work with. The biggest nilly willy is that rumours say the resolution is going to be 906p. That's just ridiculous, IF that is true, then they STILL can't even catch up on screen quality.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:10 PM Edited by TheMcSame, 07 August 2014 - 06:11 PM.

Just found this on another forum.

Could easily be fake but you never know.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

That pretty matches up with all the current rumors and leaks so improved screen size, durability and processor is a given.

Now we wait and see if we will get a nice resolution, camera and battery upgrade along with NFC tech.

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:44 AM

A friend told me today that the release of the iPhone 6 is possibly delayed due to a fire in a factory in china. Anyone else heard anything about this?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:53 AM Edited by gtamann123, 13 August 2014 - 11:03 AM.

I went into an Apple store yesterday to see if they had any display or demo models for me to look at but they said they didn't and don't know when it will come out.

When it does come out I'm honestly thinking about jumping carriers to whoever can get me the best new contract deal on one. I'm getting pretty sick of my sh*t Android. 

I have an S5 and I had an S3 before it. And to me it isn't really any better of a phone. Sure there are improvements but it still has major stability and performance issues just like the S3 did plus the build quality is worse imho. If your S3 still works well I would recommend just sticking with that unless you can get a really good deal on an S5. 

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:22 PM Edited by one55, 13 August 2014 - 05:23 PM.

Can't wait for this to come out. I'm getting fed up my moto g android. it's a good phone but i need a change. 

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

A friend told me today that the release of the iPhone 6 is possibly delayed due to a fire in a factory in china. Anyone else heard anything about this?

Definitely false. It was recently confirmed that Apple WILL be having a iPhone 6 Keynote in early September which means we are still getting the iPhone 6 in September.

• Zondar likes this

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:29 AM

Seriously, esmittystud101? Go somewhere else with your nonsense.

That looks so fake. "Apple Iphone Air". They also only listed prices for the 16GB and 128GB Model? That makes no sense. 

I'll see how this plays out. I passed on the 5s for the LG G2 but since it's acting up lately, I might as well just upgrade to this. I've seen dummy models and I just don't like how the camera sticks out. 

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:26 AM

Less than two weeks until the unveiling of the iPhone 6! 

Really hoping for Tim Cook to show something groundbreaking on the stage to show that he can release a majorly improved product without Steve Jobs. We'll find out in under two weeks.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:31 AM

I'm mostly excited about the screen, and the resolution it'll be packing.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:27 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 28 August 2014 - 04:28 AM.

The iWatch was rumored to be debuting in October or November and reports that are all but confirmed are saying it is now debuting alongside the iPhone 6.

September is going to be a VERY expensive month for me.

smoothie wolf
  • smoothie wolf

bass city rockers

• The Yakuza
  • Armenia
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:11 AM

I'm a huge Fandroid, but the new iPhone has me excited. It'll finally get the screen that puts up to speed with its competitors.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:19 AM

Unknown.jpg

It's happening :D

• SimsDaniel916 likes this

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

I'm mostly excited about the screen, and the resolution it'll be packing.

Same here, all the rumors the last 7 months or so have really got me looking into it.. if I like what I see I'll definitely switch over, hoping I don't regret it.

• Alchemist likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users