Quantcast

» «
Photo

iPhone 6

489 replies to this topic

Poll: iPhone 6 releasing 9/19 (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Which iPhone 6 Will You Be Buying?

1. iPhone 6 Plus (16 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

2. iPhone 6 (14 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote
SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:59 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 12 April 2015 - 08:57 PM.

You can discuss anything Android here in the Android Thread.

The iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus are available now!

iPhone 6

apple-iphone%206%20-%2016gb-space%20gray      

iPhone 6 page on Apple.com http://www.apple.com/iphone-6/

Apple Watch

apple_watch_guide-collections.png

https://www.youtube....h?v=y-waTi8BPdk 

Available for Pre-Order now! http://store.apple.com/

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:15 AM

Sheep

• theNGclan, Alchemist and Flūttershy like this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

Personally, I couldn't care less about Apple. The thing that bugs me is the vocal fanboys preaching about Sapphire glass, which they know nothing about. They claim it's indestructible and billions of times better than GG3 when in reality a large area of sapphire is just as weak, if not weaker than GG3.

Sure, I see an advantage with sapphire seeing as it is basically scratch resistant but people don't understand that it will still break when you drop it. Sapphire glass should only be used on smaller surfaces (like the camera lens, home buttons and watch faces) like it is now to actually be stronger than GG otherwise, there's very little advantage to it. Personally, I think they're using sapphire glass so they can add an extra $200 to the price tag for a ~$30 screen.

Honestly, I don't understand the hype around iPhones at all. I mean, the iPhone is basically the iPod Touch with a few bells and whistles but it costs hundreds more.

• lpgunit likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

The Wolf Hunger Rises

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

Saphire glass is designed to be scratch proof- that's why it's used for high end watches. I haven't seen anyone claim that it is unbreakable- just that its hardness makes it more scratch resistant than conventional toughened glasses.
  • SimsDaniel916 and one55 like this

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

Not an Apple fan boy but I'm looking forward to the new iPhone 6.

I currently have an Android phone but I'm open to moving back to iOS. Not loyal to a particular brand. 

I'll probably wait a month or two after release to buy one. I really hope they release the 5.5" version (if there even is one) at the same time as the 4.7". I don't have a problem with 4.7" which is the same size as my current android phone. i just think it'd be nice to have an even bigger screen.

not too fussed about the specs of the phone. i don't think it really matters. never had an issue with performance when using an iphone. a good camera would be about all i care about and even at that...no big deal for me.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

The Wolf Hunger Rises

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

Screens larger than 5" I find push the boundaries of being manageable. I mean Apple did a great disservice to the larger phone market by pretending the 4/4S were the largest size one could use with a single hand (I mean, I have average-sized hands possibly erring on the small side and I can manage a Nexus 5 without issue) so I personally won't be interested if the 6 is 5" inches in size.

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

http://9to5mac.com/2...koffs-for-sale/

• lpgunit likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:33 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 16 July 2014 - 05:41 PM.

Apple has joined up with IBM. Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave as we speak and trying to use the afterlife Iphone to fire Apple's CEO. I think Steve Job's main goal in life was to never partner with IBM. Seen that article right before I seen this post. LOL

As for the Iphone 6. It looks like a decent phone. It will get you through your day, but they are way too late to the big screen smartphone world. My current two year old Galaxy S3 still will have a larger display than the Iphone 6. I have to watch Netflix on my phone alot so a larger display is much needed in my case. Does Iphones let you add micro SD cards yet? I don't even know. Plus Samsung's new "Galaxy S 5 Prime" is rumored to have a 5.2-inch Super AMOLED screen with 2560 x 1440 pixels, Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 SoC with four Krait 450 cores clocked at 2.7 GHz and quad-core Adreno 320 GPU, 3 GB of RAM and the usual 16/32 GB of native storage, and support for microSD expansion up to 128 GB. These are all rumors and nothing is set in stone. But a 4k screen, has anyone even done that yet with a smartphone? Also I'm not trying to down the Iphone 6, I know alot of people that have Iphones and love them, but those new Galaxy Specs are out of this world good.

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

Love Is Like Nicotine

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:41 PM Edited by LightningLord411, 16 July 2014 - 05:42 PM.

I had a dream I switched back to Android last night  lol. 

Apple releases those things so soon. I've hardly had the iPhone 5S. Damn. Was considering having two phones (second one being the Galaxy S5). Use one as my main and one as a back up in case one has no more power left, or something. Only thing that might be an issue is maybe the phone bill as I'm currently relying on money from chores around my house and stuff. Probably won't get the iPhone 6. Knowing Apple, they're going to change very little to the phone and just mainly focus on the visual appearance.  I'm sticking with my iPhone 5S and saving up for a Galaxy S5 as a back up phone.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:18 PM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 17 July 2014 - 08:50 PM.

Not an Apple fan boy but I'm looking forward to the new iPhone 6.

I currently have an Android phone but I'm open to moving back to iOS. Not loyal to a particular brand. 

I'll probably wait a month or two after release to buy one. I really hope they release the 5.5" version (if there even is one) at the same time as the 4.7". I don't have a problem with 4.7" which is the same size as my current android phone. i just think it'd be nice to have an even bigger screen.

not too fussed about the specs of the phone. i don't think it really matters. never had an issue with performance when using an iphone. a good camera would be about all i care about and even at that...no big deal for me.

Screens larger than 5" I find push the boundaries of being manageable. I mean Apple did a great disservice to the larger phone market by pretending the 4/4S were the largest size one could use with a single hand (I mean, I have average-sized hands possibly erring on the small side and I can manage a Nexus 5 without issue) so I personally won't be interested if the 6 is 5" inches in size.

According to production reports, Apple will be releasing both a 4.7" and a 5.5". Due to production issues making a larger scale phone the 5.5" is reported to go on sale after the 4.7"s September launch. It's possibly pushed to October and maybe even 2015. I was thinking about getting the 5.5" but I'm unable to wait until 2015 so it looks like I'll be buying the standard model.

Source: 9to5Mac http://9to5mac.com/2...bly-until-2015/

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:22 PM Edited by kipakolonyasi, 17 July 2014 - 09:23 PM.

iPhone 3GS still going strong. love this phone. love the scratches on it. it's like a Zippo lighter it has its own character now. it's going to be hard to say goodbye but i want to switch over to something new too. maybe a 5S.will they discontinue the 5S when these new phones come out?

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:38 PM

iPhone 3GS still going strong. love this phone. love the scratches on it. it's like a Zippo lighter it has its own character now. it's going to be hard to say goodbye but i want to switch over to something new too. maybe a 5S.will they discontinue the 5S when these new phones come out?

Per Apple's yearly procedures the iPhone 5S should get bumped down to a $99 with contract price and the 5C should be free with contract. 

I think it's worth waiting until the Unveiling in September on wether or not to stay or leave with iPhone considering not a single piece of official information has been released about the 6.

• kipakolonyasi likes this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

Per Apple's yearly procedures the iPhone 5S should get bumped down to a $99 with contract price and the 5C should be free with contract. 

I think it's worth waiting until the Unveiling in September on wether or not to stay or leave with iPhone considering not a single piece of official information has been released about the 6.

i think they will discontinue at least two of their phones though. because now they are making the 4S, 5S and the 5C. when these two come out it'll be five phones which is too much for Apple at one time i think.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:44 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 18 July 2014 - 02:44 AM.

i think they will discontinue at least two of their phones though. because now they are making the 4S, 5S and the 5C. when these two come out it'll be five phones which is too much for Apple at one time i think.

The 4S will be discontinued.

I think the 4S should have been discontinued last year if not before that as it's last IOS device in production that doesn't have the lightning Connector.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:20 AM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 19 July 2014 - 02:23 AM.

I think they are overrated phones. They haven't had much updates since the transition from the iPhone 3 series to iPhone 4 which was epic at the time, now it's outdated as sh*t.

However the good thing about iPhones are that the phone is very optimized in terms of CPU/GPU performance and iOS, which makes the phone smooth even in terms of gaming. This is a problem in the android market because most of the phones have to recieve software updates to optimize the phone better. So Quadcore processors at this point doesn't always mean faster phones until they optimize it properly. Lag is an issue on a lot of android phones. However, I'm getting an LG G2 in October which came out last year and it still eats all the competition alive, except the GS5, but still gives it a good competition. The LG G2 AFAIK is one of if not the only android phone that is optimized nicely and is a beast.

However 1 GB RAM is pathetic for the iPhones, so when iPhone 6 comes out with the 5 inch display, 2 GB should be used.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:04 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 19 July 2014 - 04:10 AM.

Well based on production leaks the 6 should be as big of an update as the 3 to 4 series. One can hope so.

I'm still waiting for an Apple Product to really "WOW" me like the iPhone 4 did. Such an amazing phone at the time compared to anything else out there in terms of design, thinness, CPU performance, camera performance and display resolution. 

Paired with it was an amazing unveiling video. Everything about it is just perfect. I still have hope that Apple can make a product with a huge WOW factor again without Jobs.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

Was the iPhone 5 even a success? I don't think it had the same wave of excitement or anything like the iPhone 4 had.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:10 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 19 July 2014 - 07:12 AM.

Was the iPhone 5 even a success? I don't think it had the same wave of excitement or anything like the iPhone 4 had.

Based on sales, it was highly successful.

It's currently the most sold iPhone and Smartphone with 125 million sales.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:01 AM

However 1 GB RAM is pathetic for the iPhones, so when iPhone 6 comes out with the 5 inch display, 2 GB should be used.

it may look low of a RAM for todays standards but somehow performance-wise, iPhones never suffer RAM shortage anyway. you never see an iphone lag (almost). if it says that particular app supports your model, it works perfectly 99% of the time. or multitasking is always smooth as f*ck etc. looks like for some reason Androds always need more RAM to deliver the same performance. it's probably because of the iphones' perfect software and optimization. and iphones are never about the numbers anyway. you never see an iphone camera that's 36 billion megapixels like samsungs and sonys. they're always low (8 and such), but iphones always take the best pictures because it's the best quality lens. so it's not about numbers when it comes to iphones

• SimsDaniel916 likes this

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:20 AM

Something I will never understand, is people who bag hard on Iphones for their Battery life.

I have a 4S, and my battery will last nearly 3 days with regular use.

Yet I see people bitching "Oh man, I only get like 30 minutes battery life on my Ish*t" and I can't help but wonder what the f*ck they're doing with it.

Hopefully the 6 will put that annoying wave to bed.

• LightningLord likes this

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

iPhones are a tad overpriced for their kinda mediocre specs. Even if I didn't decide to boycott them for being jerks I still don't think I would ever buy a product from them since there are always better alternatives out there both in terms of price and specs.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:56 PM Edited by TheMcSame, 21 July 2014 - 05:00 PM.

iPhones are a tad overpriced for their kinda mediocre specs. Even if I didn't decide to boycott them for being jerks I still don't think I would ever buy a product from them since there are always better alternatives out there both in terms of price and specs.

In their defence the OS is optimised for the specs because there's only Apple making phones running iOS. Much like you though, there's a good chance I wont buy a product from them because there's much better options out there that are either a similar price or much cheaper.

Personal experience with Apple products has turned me away from them because I purchased an iPod Touch and it overheated when charging about 2 weeks later. I got a replacement and that one went the same way (it lasted a bit longer) so I decided to get my money back rather than give Apple a third chance. If I was using a third party charger then I'd understand but this happened with the official charger that I came with. 

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

In their defence the OS is optimised for the specs because there's only Apple making phones running iOS. Much like you though, there's a good chance I wont buy a product from them because there's much better options out there that are either a similar price or much cheaper.

Personal experience with Apple products has turned me away from them because I purchased an iPod Touch and it overheated when charging about 2 weeks later. I got a replacement and that one went the same way (it lasted a bit longer) so I decided to get my money back rather than give Apple a third chance. If I was using a third party charger then I'd understand but this happened with the official charger that I came with. 

What generation iPod Touch was it?

Having purchased so many Apple products I have had similar issues but it's only a minor inconvenience as all it takes is a quick drive to an Apple Store and I usually get a brand new product exchanged within ten minutes of walking in.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

What generation iPod Touch was it?

Having purchased so many Apple products I have had similar issues but it's only a minor inconvenience as all it takes is a quick drive to an Apple Store and I usually get a brand new product exchanged within ten minutes of walking in.

It was either the 2nd or 3rd gen.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:39 PM

Currently bought a cheap 925 Nokia Lumia (after my highly abused 520's volume refused to work from wear and my lock button got severely damaged and refuses to work at times).

I am (as it seems from friends/online reviews) one of the few who actually enjoys current Nokia smartphones and actually likes the Windows mobile (yes it has its flaws like any mobile OS and yes the Windows App store is pretty desolate/aren't as many apps on as for IOS/ANDROID).

Still, liking it. Although I have been thinking for quite some time to wait for the 'new' iphone to come out and get it. I'm really satisfied with my Ipad Mini RETINA (only made the biggest mistake of only taking the 8 gig storage version istead of atleast double).

IOS is just sleek and a really stable OS. No matter how you twist and turn it. It's hard to turn it down once you're used to it.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:00 AM

I have just got my first Iphone about a month ago. I have the Iphone 5, got it along with a new plan, and I don't understand how they're doing so well? I just get the feeling that it's so much more restrictive than my previous Android phone. And there is just really odd design choices in the operating system that seem completely pointless. Is there some benefit I'm missing? Apart from Siri, which is just really fun to mess around with.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

the congressional medal of sh*tposting

• Zaibatsu
  • NATO
  • Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:13 AM Edited by Android, 22 July 2014 - 02:13 AM.

I thought these two videos were worth sharing in this topic.

• Distrom likes this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

Mass Production of the iPhone 6 JUST started so theres no way that YouTuber managed to grab a iPhone 6 display from the factory line in China.

Even so, it's not like a phone display needs to be resistant to diamonds and sandpaper.

I have just got my first Iphone about a month ago. I have the Iphone 5, got it along with a new plan, and I don't understand how they're doing so well? I just get the feeling that it's so much more restrictive than my previous Android phone. And there is just really odd design choices in the operating system that seem completely pointless. Is there some benefit I'm missing? Apart from Siri, which is just really fun to mess around with.

Well, the iPhone 5 is going on two years old. For Future reference, always buy iPhones after September as thats when the new ones release and the old ones get a price drop.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:06 AM

I'm pretty sure the Sapphire being used is breakable though, because it's not "pure" Sapphire as it would cost too much for Apple, given their rich status, and development would take long. The worst scenario is if you drop the phone, you are f*cked when it comes to replacing the screen. Boy is it going to be expensive.

Nikopol89
  • Nikopol89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users