Photo

Why GTAO is Somewhat Ruined

115 replies to this topic
itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:46 AM Edited by itrpatrick, 15 July 2014 - 09:55 PM.

EDITED:

I am going to explain why I think GTAO is somewhat ruined - ruined for those that want to play legitimately and not exploit glitches whatsoever. I still love the game and I play it frequently but, after the influx of glitches, GTAO will never quite recover to what it was meant to be - a game in which you start from the bottom and work your way up using what you're given: jobs and a pistol.
Rockstar rushed the release of Online. The amount of money glitches that are STILL in this game is amazing. Hundreds of thousands of people have exploited the various money glitches to some extent - including me. I made a lot of money, but it was nothing compared other people's exploitation. There are thousands of people that want to glitch show off their stuff - and that's their fault. But whose job was it to make sure that there are no ways people can get easy cash? Whose job was it to at least quickly patch these money glitches? Not mine!
It's not entirely the players' fault. Rockstar shares the blame as well.
"omg he said it's rockstar's fault much wow OP you are an idiot"
The players are at fault for exploiting the glitch. But it was Rockstar's responsibility to make sure there are no money glitches in the game.
"wow OP you think that rockstar could just simply remove all glitches before launch wow such idiot"
Obviously there were going to be glitches in the game, but Rockstar could have done something to make it more glitch-free. They could have at least released a Beta like many multiplayer games do nowadays. They could have spent another month removing the glitches and testing the game. But instead they completely rushed the release. One youtube video led to another. Now the community is being destroyed by GTA glitching youtubers.
In a game about money, many will do whatever they can to get some big, easy cash.
Every time I enter a match now I see red dots on the map, chrome adders with dollar sign rims, and sticky bombs. 
I guess the 360/PS3 GTA is a good Beta version for the next-gen edition...
  • ten-a-penny, Heists and DBrasco like this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:48 AM

> implying that cheating is a valid method of "getting back" at Rockstar
  • Blingy, Schweppez, Xyn and 6 others like this

BitPieStudios
  • BitPieStudios

Fly Goils. :U

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:48 AM Edited by BitPieStudios, 14 July 2014 - 05:49 AM.

it's not the players' fault. It's Rockstar's fault.

THANK YOU FOR THIS.

of course, players have blame as well, but yeah.

• itrpatrick and pedinhuh like this

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:50 AM

When did I say that? Nobody cheats to 'get back' at Rockstar. People only cheat for money.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:52 AM

This game has just been broken from the start but still fun. The problem is everyone doesn't want to work for their money & act as if they can't have fun without being a millionaire.
  • hugh750, Schweppez, ten-a-penny and 9 others like this

K-ROSE
  • K-ROSE

45 mins Southeast of Thibodaux, Louisiana

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

It was ruined when they added RPGs, tanks, Buzzards, etc. Not realistic to throw in military weaponry and tell people to "work their way up with jobs and a pistol." 

• Magick, ten-a-penny, Feurian42 and 3 others like this

TurboLag23
  • TurboLag23

Track day, bro!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:56 AM Edited by TurboLag23, 14 July 2014 - 05:57 AM.

I know everyone has different reasons for glitching, but really it's not the players' fault. It's Rockstar's fault.

Incorrect.  It's the people's fault.

There's no way Rockstar could have troubleshooted (troubleshot?? eh, whatever; words are too complicated anyway) every possible scenario.  People are creative, and in a game about money you can be damn sure they'll find a way to break it to get more money than they would have otherwise.  People will be more creative about breaking the game than Rockstar can be about trying to make the game hard to break.

I agree with you - seeing everyone driving around in Chrome Aadders with dollar sign rims and shooting you constantly because they have 9,999 of every bullet, all bought with money they didn't earn, is annoying.

I personally try not to let it get me down.  Since The High Life update came out, I've filled a new garage to the brim with awesome (and quite expensive) cars - perfectly legitimately.  I personally feel a greater sense of accomplishment having done it that way.

• Ballistic Jello, Lc gta, hugh750 and 13 others like this

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:02 AM Edited by itrpatrick, 14 July 2014 - 06:02 AM.

I know everyone has different reasons for glitching, but really it's not the players' fault. It's Rockstar's fault.

Incorrect.  It's the people's fault.

There's no way Rockstar could have troubleshooted (troubleshot?? eh, whatever) every possible scenario.  People are creative, and in a game about money you can be damn sure they'll find a way to break it to get more money than they would have otherwise.  People will be more creative about breaking the game than Rockstar can be about trying to make the game hard to break.

I agree with you - seeing everyone driving around in Chrome Aadders with dollar sign rims and shooting you constantly because they have 9,999 of every bullet, all bought with money they didn't earn, is annoying.

I personally try not to let it get me down.  Since The High Life update came out, I've filled a new garage to the brim with awesome (and quite expensive) cars - perfectly legitimately.  I personally feel a greater sense of accomplishment having done it that way.

I understand, but I think the GTAO devs should have done a lot more testing. They could have spent just a few days or weeks, and they probably would have come upon many glitches that are currently being exploited.

Most of the glitches are very simple. For example, the Xbox Games Store code was originally written so that you will spawn in the car (motorcycle) you were previously in, before entering the store. Something so simple and preventable slipped some dev's mind and opened the world (or black hole) of the car selling glitch.

• Christacoma likes this

Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

You don't need millions of dollars to enjoy this game. Well I don't anyway. As long as I have a place to store my small group of vehicles, and enough money to buy clothes and weapons/ammo, I'm happy. I don't care much for fancy apartments (I sold mine) or supercars (I have one which I rarely drive anymore).

• ten-a-penny, Jeff Nesteruk, itrpatrick and 1 other like this

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

I am going to explain why I think GTAO is somewhat ruined. I still love the game and I play it frequently but, after the billionare days, GTAO will never recover to what it was meant to be - a game in which you start from the bottom and work your way up using what you're given: jobs and a pistol.

FREE YOUR MIND!!!!

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:11 AM

I am going to explain why I think GTAO is somewhat ruined. I still love the game and I play it frequently but, after the billionare days, GTAO will never recover to what it was meant to be - a game in which you start from the bottom and work your way up using what you're given: jobs and a pistol.

FREE YOUR MIND!!!!

.... with medical cocaine.

• RoachKiller_416, Heists, redpoint and 4 others like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

$CASH OVERFLOW$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:20 AM

i think billionaire days and current money glitches only give freedom to the people!

the only thing that could "ruin" the game is a extended period with a RP glitch.

like i always say, money is no game breaker as people still have to play the game to rank up and to unlock stuff.
  • ZeroF0rce likes this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

The game is only broken if you play it that way.

I had billions (randomly gifted). I bought everything in the game on two characters, minus the tank on the lower level character.

This does not mean my work is over. I just worked for a week to buy a Zentorno. Bought a turbo for it, then I'm broke. A few missions later I can visually customize it. A few races later I add the performance parts.

It's all about playing the game slowly. To build up your little empire. Idk, I guess it's hard to explain.
  • We Are Ninja, Heists, sebcreed and 1 other like this

DangerZone77
  • DangerZone77

ninja not ninjer

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

Heists should unlock new weapons, new vehicles, clothes, etc after completing each heist. It will be like doing Heroics in WoW during the WOTLK expansion... when it was worth the grind. GTAO is far too easy and honestly I'm at the point where I spend more time in this forum than actually playing the game. 

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

I think maybe, just maybe, 

EVERYTHING IS FINE

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:36 AM

Heists should unlock new weapons, new vehicles, clothes, etc after completing each heist. It will be like doing Heroics in WoW during the WOTLK expansion... when it was worth the grind. GTAO is far too easy and honestly I'm at the point where I spend more time in this forum than actually playing the game. 

This is actually a good idea.

I remember playing gran turismo, winning the prize car is always much more satisfying than winning the credits.
  • Magick, VoodooVibez and PrestoWater like this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:44 AM Edited by RoyalRedXIII, 14 July 2014 - 06:45 AM.

When did I say that? Nobody cheats to 'get back' at Rockstar. People only cheat for money.

Lol that's funny. Cause Maybe you might not have said that, but clearly THIS guy is saying the EXACT OPPOSITE

I'm sick of hearing this crap. Glitching because of cash cards and low payouts are poor excuses. R* has a right to make money and set in-game prices however they want.

What they don't have a right to do is advertise falsely and lie about heists to make their $1bil. A week or two setback due to server overload? Sure, fine. We understand. But NINE MONTHS! Heists coding hadn't even begun by launch. R* lied to rush the game out before PS3/Xbox 360 were toast. Now they'll "re-master" the game for next gen and make another fortune. 

I still haven't gotten the game I was promises at sale. Since I don't have the means to take legal action against a multi-national corporation I'll have my little piece of cake in the form of 20 Adders in my second character's garage.

But honestly, "neither getting back at rockstar" nor "because of money" are the reasons at the heart of the matter. Those are both reasons to justify cheating.

The real reason at the heart of "glitching," which is cheating, is a blatant disregard for right over wrong concerning a knowledge of the rules for personal gain.
  • ten-a-penny and Heists like this

Lukezke
  • Lukezke

Captain of the Hunt

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

I'm buying an Xbox One just for GTAV, I might get it on PC too, but my friends that play already have Xbox One's and I don't want to buy it a third time.

Anyway, when I start playing on Xbox One, I will NOT be using my current Xbox 360 character. I'll store all my money in my main character's pocket, and start fresh on a new character. No money glitches, no car duping, no single player to multiplayer, nothing. I'm going to be legitimate.

• itrpatrick likes this

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:00 AM

I'm buying an Xbox One just for GTAV, I might get it on PC too, but my friends that play already have Xbox One's and I don't want to buy it a third time.
Anyway, when I start playing on Xbox One, I will NOT be using my current Xbox 360 character. I'll store all my money in my main character's pocket, and start fresh on a new character. No money glitches, no car duping, no single player to multiplayer, nothing. I'm going to be legitimate.

Yeah, you say that NOW....

;P
  • blk95ta, Lukezke, itrpatrick and 1 other like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

DOA5 welcomes Mai

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

Rockstar reap what they sow. Then blame players as if players sowed what Rockstar reap.

It's as simple as:

1. Thinking how to make lots of money in instance

2. Cash Card system start

3. Greed for money

4. Set imbalance reward and prices

5. Players sees glitch and hacks as angels from heaven

6. Rockstar blames glitchers and hackers as the cause of Imbalance Reward and Prices (4)

Not to mention about Heist stuff.

***** Company Bullsh*t Award 2013-2014 goes to Rockstar Games *****

inb4 raging fanboys

• JWitfield, Vooodu, Magick and 4 others like this

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

We all wish it was someone else's fault and never our fault. Of course Rockstar game could had done better but we could had been better too.

• freakydude20, Heists, BitPieStudios and 3 others like this

Lukezke
  • Lukezke

Captain of the Hunt

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

Yeah, you say that NOW....

;P

Granted, I wouldn't be able to do it on my own, but I managed to convince my friends to as well :p

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

Using your logic the game was ruined far before the billionaire days

• ten-a-penny and itrpatrick like this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

When they took everyone's money, every person they deducted money from should have had all their property seized.  That would have been the proper course of action.

• ten-a-penny, Heists and BigStu4q like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

The game has been broken from the start.  No matter how many times they patch a glitch, a new one always arises.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

The game has been broken from the start.  No matter how many times they patch a glitch, a new one always arises.

Lol that would never matter if no one ever made the decision to exploit it.
  • SmokeDat and mareepx like this

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

Responsibility is scary.

HopalongCasidy
  • HopalongCasidy

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

Rockstar reap what they sow. Then blame players as if players sowed what Rockstar reap.

It's as simple as:
1. Thinking how to make lots of money in instance
2. Cash Card system start
3. Greed for money
4. Set imbalance reward and prices
5. Players sees glitch and hacks as angels from heaven
6. Rockstar blames glitchers and hackers as the cause of Imbalance Reward and Prices (4)

Not to mention about Heist stuff.

***** Company Bullsh*t Award 2013-2014 goes to Rockstar Games *****

inb4 raging fanboys

smrt.

lunaticz0r
  • lunaticz0r

Crazy Dutch Drugs

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

I like how the thread under this one is called ''why dont grinder smple glitch''

damn the irony

KingJohn
  • KingJohn

♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

This game has just been broken from the start but still fun. The problem is everyone doesn't want to work for their money & act as if they can't have fun without being a millionaire.

Can't have fun, no. A lot more fun when you don't have to worry about money, definitely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users