Quantcast

» «
Photo

Email notifs (and layout of notifs)

Best Answer WildBrick142, 23 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

How do I fix it? All the other forums I am in only send one notif until I check the thread.

Click on your username in the top right corner.
Click on "My Settings"
Click on "Notification Options"

Uncheck all boxes in the first two options.
63AwN0n.png

That will no longer send you any topic/reply notifications to your email. Go to the full post

6 replies to this topic
muddeprived
  • muddeprived

Da Phuck

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:07 AM

I get email notifications when someone replies in a thread I replied to or posted. This is cool and all but why do I receive a notification for every single reply in that same thread? In other forums (jeep forums, game forums, etc) I get one notif when someone replies and that's it until I check the post again. They don't send 15 notifications when 15 people reply. This fills up my inbox rather quickly. Is there a way to change this so I get ONE notification instead of 15? I once woke up to 50-some notifications on the same thread LOL. 

This ain't a huge issue but nearly all notifications of all forums have the link to the post at the top of the email but here we get a notification with the link near the bottom. That requires scrolling down through the reply of the person who replied just to find the link to the thread. I feel it's way easier to have the link at the top of the email that way we can just click and read the reply on the forum instead of scrolling down through the reply to find the link at the bottom. Like it said, no big deal but it would be easier and quicker to have the link at the top of the notification email. 

Thanks!

Chris

muddeprived
  • muddeprived

Da Phuck

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:30 AM Edited by muddeprived, 16 July 2014 - 01:31 AM.

Here's a perfect example of what I mean:

desktop_zps1ddf09fc.jpg

I posted in that thread once and got 55 notifs in less than a minute! Probably a bug or something but this is usually what it's like when I check my email after a few hours. Can't we just got ONE notification like all the other forums?

Franceska
  • Franceska

You look up to me like I'm a pizza on the roof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

That's by default in IPB. Not a bug.

muddeprived
  • muddeprived

Da Phuck

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

How do I fix it? All the other forums I am in only send one notif until I check the thread. 

Vanto
  • Vanto

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

You can't receive only one notification if more that one replies were done. You will either need to unfollow the topic so you don't receive notifications, or simply deal with the notifications.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:44 PM   Best Answer

Click on your username in the top right corner.
Click on "My Settings"
Click on "Notification Options"

Uncheck all boxes in the first two options.
63AwN0n.png

That will no longer send you any topic/reply notifications to your email.

muddeprived
  • muddeprived

Da Phuck

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:20 PM Edited by muddeprived, 21 December 2014 - 01:21 PM.

I turned off the notifications as suggested then it became a chore because I'm so used to opening the thread link via email like all other forums I'm into. So i turned em back on and bam, 140 email notifications in just 12 hours. Jesus. 

This forum is......different. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users