Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

^
Same as above aswell

MeatSim64
  • MeatSim64

Just plain grade "eh" meat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:11 PM Edited by MeatSim64, 14 August 2014 - 07:11 PM.

If my hood flies up, I have to slow down to make sure it latches back in place.

Yep, I do that a lot as well.

I try to avoid accidents whenever possible, running over peds or crashing into cars or inanimate objects.

If my hood flies off or car starts smoking then I go to the Pay 'N Spray.

Always hang out with friends if they call or hang out with them during the day, only once a day per friend.

GtaV Is Coming To Pc
  • GtaV Is Coming To Pc

30 Days Left

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:19 AM

Whenever I pass a gas station I gotta pretend to fill up my car.

Gotta kill the talking guy outside of the Bohan safehouse.

Gotta make my trainer font color blue.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:43 AM

-My Health must be full (Damaged armor are ok, but seeing my health less than a semi-circle, really pisses me off).

-Drive as clean as possible (no dents, just scratches).

EDIT:

Another one, always smash the driver-side window whenever you got in a car.

I usually smash the passenger window since I don't want Nico sitting on glass while driving. 

-Spare every possible character
-Never delete any e-mails and reply every e-mail posively
-Always kill Playbox X and Derrick
-do GTA IV trinity like a movie, and I make sure some events happen on the same day (I.E. Museum Piece, Collector's Item and Not So Fast, always must happen on the same hour and day (Monday, Tuesday etc - it doesn't matter as long as it's the same day))

As soon as i unlock bohan, i go to the unfinished highway to get the deagle.

I my case, I always keep the pistol, especially if execute Darko (although I spare him 75% of the time)

Now, I do like the idea of realism (never taking out a huge weapon, only keep 1 or 2 throw able weapons), but I only do that if I wanna look badass, in normal gameplay I rarely do that, I'm not that autistic about it. :monocle:

I do certain missions so that Nico's mood in the cutscene matches previous missions and free roam.

If Nico wants to use a large weapon, he has to retrieve it from the boot (trunk for Americans) of his car.

Change clothes daily, and have a sleeping pattern as others have said already.

I also have to pretend Nico has outgoing money for rent and stuff, since the story doesn't really match up to Nico's financial situation. When we get the safehouse in Alderney, I ignore Ray's text and pretend Nico rents the apartment himself as a spare hideout and somewhere to stash his weapons when he's west of the river. I even have different outfits and weapons in different safehouses.

I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only one who takes this sh*t way too seriously!

Actually I have another OCD. I start to pull out my hair when people don't spell Niko's name right.

• Tony., Mr_Leone, Mr. Jago and 3 others like this

fefenc
  • fefenc

pi pi pi pi pi pi pi pi pi :'(

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:14 AM Edited by fefenc, 15 August 2014 - 03:14 AM.

I turn off the radar to have more difficult to evade the cops

If I'm doing a chasing mission, I'll follow the target until they stops the car/bike

If I'm doing a mission that requires me popping out unarmed or melee armed targets, I won't use fire weapons.

A Premier on the road is a "must steal" for me ;)

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

Every time I get out my car, I make SURE to close that door.

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

-My Health must be full (Damaged armor are ok, but seeing my health less than a semi-circle, really pisses me off).

-Drive as clean as possible (no dents, just scratches).

EDIT:

Another one, always smash the driver-side window whenever you got in a car.

I usually smash the passenger window since I don't want Nico sitting on glass while driving. 

-Spare every possible character
-Never delete any e-mails and reply every e-mail posively
-Always kill Playbox X and Derrick
-do GTA IV trinity like a movie, and I make sure some events happen on the same day (I.E. Museum Piece, Collector's Item and Not So Fast, always must happen on the same hour and day (Monday, Tuesday etc - it doesn't matter as long as it's the same day))

As soon as i unlock bohan, i go to the unfinished highway to get the deagle.

I my case, I always keep the pistol, especially if execute Darko (although I spare him 75% of the time)

Now, I do like the idea of realism (never taking out a huge weapon, only keep 1 or 2 throw able weapons), but I only do that if I wanna look badass, in normal gameplay I rarely do that, I'm not that autistic about it. :monocle:

I do certain missions so that Nico's mood in the cutscene matches previous missions and free roam.

If Nico wants to use a large weapon, he has to retrieve it from the boot (trunk for Americans) of his car.

Change clothes daily, and have a sleeping pattern as others have said already.

I also have to pretend Nico has outgoing money for rent and stuff, since the story doesn't really match up to Nico's financial situation. When we get the safehouse in Alderney, I ignore Ray's text and pretend Nico rents the apartment himself as a spare hideout and somewhere to stash his weapons when he's west of the river. I even have different outfits and weapons in different safehouses.

I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only one who takes this sh*t way too seriously!

Actually I have another OCD. I start to pull out my hair when people don't spell Niko's name right.

Wow, that's a pretty f*ckin extreme OCD! I hope I've provided you with a nice little bald patch anyway.

• Miamivicecity, ddyoung, albanyave and 2 others like this

The_Anti-tragedy
  • The_Anti-tragedy

Ain't got no sun tan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

-I must pick up all money that is dropped. This is the reason I almost died when collecting the money from and armoured truck, twice.

-I must pick one of my favourite radio stations to see which song is playing, and if it's a good song for a mission. I chased Vlad while Mayday was playing on Radio Broker. I also did Roman's Sorrow with Pruit Igoe playing on Journey FM, when we got to the burning apartment it felt so dramatic.

• ddyoung and Kampret like this

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:09 AM

Just realized I have this OCD, certain cars have to be at each safe house. The Infernus and a Turismo have to be in the Middle Park East parking spot, a PMP 600 and Stevie's Comet at Playboy X's place, A Sabre GT and LCPD car at Broker, a Banshee and a Merit in Bohan, and in Alderney I have a FIB Buffalo and NOOSE Patriot

• thekillerdonuts likes this

GTAnian
  • GTAnian

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

I always smash out the drivers-side window, even if I don't intend to shoot or throw grenades. And I always put a bullet in a hookers head when I see one.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:32 PM

When going up a long flight of stairs, I almost always make Niko jump so that he simply glides up the stairs quickly. It's faster than running up the stairs and I've been doing it for years.

• Miamivicecity, nobum62, Inbred Walrus and 1 other like this

nobum62
  • nobum62

A Fat Bald Dude with a Bad Temper

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:29 AM

When going up a long flight of stairs, I almost always make Niko jump so that he simply glides up the stairs quickly. It's faster than running up the stairs and I've been doing it for years.

actually i have another OCD. i get irritated when people say "I always make Niko do this", or "I normally make Niko do that". :angry:

why do they never say "I always make my character do this", or "I usually make Niko, Johnny or Luis do that"? there are two other protagonists you know...

• maxpaynefan likes this

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:54 AM Edited by Tony., 21 August 2014 - 02:16 AM.

actually i have another OCD. i get irritated when people say "I always make Niko do this", or "I normally make Niko do that". :angry:

why do they never say "I always make my character do this", or "I usually make Niko, Johnny or Luis do that"? there are two other protagonists you know...

Because I'm currently only doing a playthrough of IV and the two other protagonists are on a separate disc, so for now, it's just Niko doing everything, not the biker or the nightclub guy ;) Just be glad I didn't spell his name "Nico" or "Nikko." :p

• Kampret likes this

Kampret
  • Kampret

Glorious Multiplatform Gaming Race

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:53 AM

That trick is needed in V, too bad it doesn't work thanks to its so-called "improved" physics.

• Witchking Of Angmar and maxpaynefan like this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:55 AM

That trick is needed in V, too bad it doesn't work thanks to its so-called "improved" physics.
Lol

Inbred Walrus
  • Inbred Walrus

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:18 AM

I also do this! I also jump when going down stairs too. Sometimes it results in a funny ragdoll effect.

• Witchking Of Angmar and Kampret like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:13 AM

More to do with modding, but I just have to eliminate every "Liberty City" sign in New Alderney. What I mean is all the LCPD logos at the police stations, the Port Tudor signs that say "The Gateway to Liberty City", etc.

Cheers.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

I've developed a new OCD it seems..

-After every mission (or two) I always save to let time pass by. It bugs me doing missions in strands one after the other when it feels like I should let some time pass by first.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

I've developed a new OCD it seems..

-After every mission (or two) I always save to let time pass by. It bugs me doing missions in strands one after the other when it feels like I should let some time pass by first.

Try doing a playthrough where you only do missions during standard business hours (from 0900 to 1700 hours). I have tried it a few times and it gives the story a different feeling.

Cheers.

• Miamivicecity likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Help, I'm steppin' into the Twilight Zone!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

If a person happens to have survived the shootout, let's just say the following phrase (Survivors will be shot again) will be taken into consideration.

If I see a hotdog merchant, I have to go up to eat one.

If I happen to go on the internet, I always check MyRoomonline, even though I've already seen everything to see there.

I lean towards calling Francis during that mission for that thing...

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:10 PM Edited by Witchking Of Angmar, 28 August 2014 - 01:10 PM.

i never take my car out of the garage lol.

have to reload after firing a single bullet.

Tatsuya
  • Tatsuya

Where is my mind?

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:11 AM

I always leave the engine running if sh*t's about to go down or if I'm going into a shop.
I make Niko sleep every night, except the the end and the more rougher parts of the story.
I don't make Johnny sleep all that often
And I make Niko wear appropriate clothing (e.g suits for Mafia casual for Packie, Roman, Playboy, etc...)

albanyave
  • albanyave

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

1. I have to eat throughout the day
  2. When I'm in different parts of the city, I tune the radio to an appropriate station
  3. I go to the internet cafe at least once a day. I need to stay informed. 
  4. I purchase from the street vendors when they are nearby
  5. Health and armor has to be full
  6. Niko always wears a hat and glasses
  7. I still use ZIT
  8. I turn off the radio when approaching the seen of a mission

More to come once I think about them but this is a pretty good representation of what I do.

El Oso Blanco
  • El Oso Blanco

That guy with the AK

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

Kind of shocked to see the number of people saying they do missions during the day. Some like Call and Collect make sense, but I wouldn't assassinate someone, ambush a drug deal, or destroy a garage in broad daylight. 

That's one of my OCD's. Keeping my car nice is another, and I try to avoid car cheats until completing Three Leaf Clover, as it seems Niko could afford to buy and insure an expensive car at that point. Lastly, I ALWAYS go for the headshot.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

Walking to Roman's cab depot to begin the very first mission is a big thing for me. Always the same route: past the 69th street diner, down Iroquois under the Broker Bridge. There's something about Liberty City at that time of morning Niko arrives that stops me going straight out and causing random chaos: I just have to submit to the experience.

And scratches on my car. Can't deal with that sh*t.

• Mr. Jago and EM_JAY_86 like this

Shadowlarvitar
  • Shadowlarvitar

Proud Saints Row Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:39 PM

Every time I get out my car, I make SURE to close that door.

Can't believe I forgot that one. I don't do that for cars I plan to get back in right away to make a quick escape.

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

Wear shades and Claude's shoes, eating at a Burger Shot before heading out on a mission, etc

fefenc
  • fefenc

pi pi pi pi pi pi pi pi pi :'(

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:50 PM Edited by fefenc, 31 August 2014 - 07:50 PM.

- i pursue a vehicle without shooting too much on chase missions to see all the scripted events.

Do you guys know Jim's cannon death is crashing his bike on a subway train and being blowned up by this instead of being shot down by Niko?

Shadowlarvitar
  • Shadowlarvitar

Proud Saints Row Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

New one, whenever I play IV/TLAD?TBoGT I always stop at a internet cafe or laundromat if it's on the way or nearby to steal the cash. Doesn't matter how rich Niko/Johnny/Luis are I can't resist.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:00 AM

I always do Stevie's car thefts at night. It makes me feel like a thief working in the shadows.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users