- I've got three misc backup bikers in TLaD gang wars I like and at full buff. If they die (which is often) I reload the last save.
- Change clothes every day as Niko, mostly Russian shop clothes when working in Broker, suits and nice shirts when working in Algonquin, and slacks, leather jackets, "mob clothes" when working the Alderny missions.
I've also gone with some realism constrains as of recently.
- Only use non-concealable weapons (assault rifles, assault SMG, snipers) if found in the environment. Keep them dequipped when the shootout is over and only take them out if found again.
- Try to only carry one or two throwables
- Wait for night for certain missions, crimes, or gang wars.
- Try to use or cheat in cars Niko got throughout the story, the Comet, the Infernus. I've cheated them in if I couldn't find them after I did a mission, but if I destroyed them I let them remain destroyed.
- Hide stolen cars in alleys when ditching them.