Whats the point of the game?

95 replies to this topic
Kalerney
  • Kalerney

GTA universe resident since 2002

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:15 PM

Even though I don't collect proof vehicles, I'm astonished to see how insane some collecting methods are ! I guess one of the greatest requirement a collector need to have is nerves of steel :lol: . 

Do you know a place on the internet (I'm almost sure the answer is yes !) where I could find a complete proof vehicles guide ? Maybe I'll try to collect some if I start a new playthrough some day.

Interesting. Personally, I don't care about having perfect stats. In fact, I much prefer having accurate stats, that's why I've got one big major save, and I never turn off my console without saving my progress. My single rule is : no cheat code. I like to know how many time I've been playing, how many people I've killed etc ... When I want to begin a new playthrough, I start a new save and get back to my major save once I've beat the game. 

The only exception is with Vice City, where my main save got corrupted, and with San Andreas. I used to play it on PS2, but I much prefer my Xbox Origin version I bought 2 years ago (yeah, the version everyone is talking about these days !), so my main save is on it now.

I'll rank exploration as my #1 activity. I never go far into the storyline without countless hours of exploration, otherwise I feel as if I had rushed the game. #2 are side activities. That's why I love San Andreas, the number of side activities in this game is just insane. Burglar mission are one of my favorite, every time I try it, I discover new house interiors ! #3 are random cool activites (photography, hydra stunt, mountain hiking etc etc ...)  

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:28 PM

Exactly right.  The methods, especially in SA are just like WTF?!  :blink:  :panic:

But they are required to obtain some vehicles, thus, you have no choice but to do it if you want the vehicle in question.  III, VC, LCS, and VCS aren't THAT bad with insane methods, but still some very tricky vehicles in those games, too.

I look on Youtube and Gamefaqs, also GTA Wikia.  GTA Wikia lists a good amount of vehicles in the games, but not ALL of them, and some descriptions are wrong.  Gamefaqs has complete guides, more or less, but some new vehicles have recently been discovered in the past few years, so those won't be included in the guides.  As for Youtube, this is your best bet, imo.  I am a visual learner, so seeing it done first before I attempt it always helped.  This guy "jam8tone," "fnxrak" (who is also on this forum), and "4emp2008" are the main guys to watch on Youtube for vehicle collecting.  jam8tone is mainly usefull for vehicle quests in LCS and VCS, he has COMPLETE guides on Youtube, for EVERY possible obtainable vehicle in those games without cheats.  As for GTA III, he is also good, but 4emp2008 is just as good.  For VC, I just used 4emp2008.  For SA, I used all 3 of these guys' videos (jam8tone, fnxrak, and 4emp2008).  Oh, you can also use this very forum.  They have Unique Vehicle Guides for all GTA Games, I believe.  I can find you the one for III, SA, LCS as of right now.  Not sure if I ever saw one for VC or VCS, though.  But like I said, you can use Youtube for basically ALL the stuff in these games...

The Stats I am referring to is Deaths, Busted, Cheats, and Mission Failures.  Nothing else I am looking at for the most part.  I always have 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, and the fewest mission failures as possible.  There is only ONE exception to this rule.  If a vehicle is REQUIRED to have a death or a mission failure, then I do it for the vehicle.  SA is the only game I have deaths in, and I have 3 Deaths since it was required to obtain 3 vehicles I wanted.  Every other game has 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, and 0 Cheats.  Mission Failures are sometimes required to obtain vehicles, too, most vehicles actually require a mission failure.  As for Cheats, there IS some Proof Vehicles that require a cheat to obtain them and that's the ONLY way to get it, but if it requires cheats, I don't even acknowledge said vehicle.  It's Unobtainable to me, until a cheatless method is discovered.

Everything you named, though, can be done AFTER 100%.  That's what I mean by Work First, Play Later.  I also take into account my "Total Playing Time" Stats in the Pause Menu of each game, too.  I try to finish it as fast as I can to 100%, but after 100% is when I do everything you have named.  I don't see a difference if you do it FIRST or LAST, you're still gonna do it regardless.  So that is why I finish everything I can with my vehicle collections and then just mess around AFTER I hit 100%.

• Kalerney likes this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:33 PM

Even though I don't collect proof vehicles, I'm astonished to see how insane some collecting methods are ! I guess one of the greatest requirement a collector need to have is nerves of steel :lol: . 

Do you know a place on the internet (I'm almost sure the answer is yes !) where I could find a complete proof vehicles guide ? Maybe I'll try to collect some if I start a new playthrough some day.

Interesting. Personally, I don't care about having perfect stats. In fact, I much prefer having accurate stats, that's why I've got one big major save, and I never turn off my console without saving my progress. My single rule is : no cheat code. I like to know how many time I've been playing, how many people I've killed etc ... When I want to begin a new playthrough, I start a new save and get back to my major save once I've beat the game. 

The only exception is with Vice City, where my main save got corrupted, and with San Andreas. I used to play it on PS2, but I much prefer my Xbox Origin version I bought 2 years ago (yeah, the version everyone is talking about these days !), so my main save is on it now.

I'll rank exploration as my #1 activity. I never go far into the storyline without countless hours of exploration, otherwise I feel as if I had rushed the game. #2 are side activities. That's why I love San Andreas, the number of side activities in this game is just insane. Burglar mission are one of my favorite, every time I try it, I discover new house interiors ! #3 are random cool activites (photography, hydra stunt, mountain hiking etc etc ...)  

I love exploring myself. I got probably more than 100hrs in every GTA series (except 3 and LCS)  only exploring the map. There isn`t single alley or thing i wouldn`t know about it.

In that aspect, V is the best. As for side activities i also like some of them. Like parachuting, cage fighting, vigilante, triathlon, beat the cock etc..but i hate colectables.

I think SA had the most side activities but half of them was boring. Well depends what you are after.

In V for example i love searching around for strangers then feed them to the Altruisters and then exterminate altruisters.

Or hiking in the mountains while fighting off cougars.

Btw, i see in your sig that you have 100% in RDR. Good work, i`m stuck at 98.7% only because i can`t win poker and blackjack. Don`t know how to play them. Have you unlocked US army outfit already?

• Kalerney likes this

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

GTA universe resident since 2002

• Members
  • France

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:29 PM

Militia : Thank's for your good advices ! As I know I'll eventually buy the "HD" GTA and it'll be something like my 10th playthrough, I'm seriously planning on collecting proof vehicles in order to play the game differently. 

Have you ever managed to achieve such perfect stats without reloading your save when you die/fail ? That would be impressive ! Personally, I'm about to beat GTA IV with 0 death, 0 busted, 0 cheat code, 1 (extremely stupid) mission failure and 0 reloading. I've even spent 20 hours free roaming, survived a 6 stars chase on foot, a chopper crash etc ... And my stats are still almost perfect !  

I much, much prefer to explore first, then play the missions, then explore again. I like playing the storyline VERY slowly, so I can enjoy the atmosphere in a better way. The only game I've rushed to death was GTA IV (missions first, then exploration) and I regretted it a lot. But if you enjoy playing that way, that's cool :-) 

MrVance :

I understand you, my Time Played stat is above 100 hours in every 3D and HD GTA. The GTA I've played the least is VCS with 105 hours or something like that. 

Even though I enjoyed every second spent exploring Los Santos and BC, I'd still say San Andreas is the best exploration wise. Even after 10 years of exploration, I still discover new places sometimes ! Nothing impressive though, just a back alley or something like that, but it shows how massive the map is !  

Thank you ;-) I can't recall struggling that much to get the 100 %, the game is pretty easy. Black Jack is a very easy game, do some quick research on the internet, and you will learn how to play it in 10 minutes ;-) I love that game IRL, it's addictive ... Poker is a bit more tricky, but you can learn how to play it with the game tutorial. Personally I learnt to play Poker in RDR ! Yes I have it, the only outfit I don't own yet is the Saavy merchant one. 

• Miamivicecity and Militia like this

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:42 PM Edited by Militia, 25 October 2014 - 03:29 PM.

Not sure if they will be in the HD Remake of San Andreas.  Is that what you are talking about, right?  I believe only the PS2/Xbox Original and also PC Version of SA has the vehicles  Even Android, Windows Phone, and iOS have the vehicles, too.  I am not sure what Rockstar will do to these vehicles in the remake of San Andreas, since it'll be on the RAGE Engine, like the HD Era is on, which lacks proof vehicles.  It only was able to work it appears on the Renderware Hardware/Software, or whatever...

No.  That I have never done.  I don't die often, but sometimes I die and fail the mission, thus reloading...

Agree to disagree, then :p  I just see it like this: No parts of the map are gonna "disappear" so you have eternity to explore whenever you want.  I prefer to finish everything before I even think of "playing for fun."  First is to get to 100%, Perfect Stats, and a Proof/Unique/EC Vehicle Collection.  Once all that is done and my save is backed up on my USB Drive and/or Computer, then it's time to explore, mess around with my special vehicles, go on 6 star police chases, etc, etc, etc...

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:26 PM

@Kalerney yeah i was reading online strategy for poker&blackjack in RDR but i still can`t win lol. Maybe because i`ve never like played cards in real life as well so i don`t know how to play them in game neither.

I bought myself elegant suit at the tailor in hopes i`ll be able to won cheating but i get caught right away every time. I dueled like 60 of poker guys because i was caught at cheating lol. At least my fame went up to the sky because of that.

I really hope they will do a remake of RDR on new gen console. It`s fantastic game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users