Photo

Whats the point of the game?

95 replies to this topic
Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:58 PM Edited by Militia, 20 July 2014 - 05:59 PM.

Or if you don't like it, f*ck off, and don't play it at all! :p LOL

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

This atmosphere is the best in whole GTA Series, if you don't like it, play that f*cking colorful VC.

That depends on ones personal taste i`d say. If you are more into warm colorful atmosphere like me, with palm trees and stuff than you will get sick in a game like GTA3.

But the strangest part is that real NYC doesn`t look anything like that crap hole of 3`s LC. If that 3D era`s LC should resemble on NYC than R* did quite crappy job on it. IV`s LC has dull atmosphere too but at least it looks like a NYC while 3`s LC just looks like some depressed north korean city.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:06 PM Edited by Militia, 20 July 2014 - 06:07 PM.

@Vance, I don't think people care about the sunshine and colors.  They care about the game at hand.  Tbh, a character or a story isn't "the game" either.  As a whole, III is great and that is all that matters to people.  III is a revolutionary game, anyways going from 2D to 3D.  That was a giant leap forward.  Trying to replicate an actual real life city, especially on a sh*t system like Xbox or PS2 would probably be impossible due to the limits of the hardware the console has.  GTA III is a tough game, VC and V is the easiest and shortest games in the series, they get boring after a while...

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

Yeah i know that, like i said if someone started to play with 3 then he will love it forever because i can imagine the thrill when you steped from GTA2 to fully 3D GTA3, that feeling must have been even better than step from 3D era to HD. So yeah i know but for someone who started with another GTA and then step to 3 it was huge disapointment. And i wish i`d start with 3 but SA was the 1.st one i got.

But anyway i`ve replayed 3 for like 15-18x and completed 87%. Just because i`d like to have knowledge on full GTA chronology which makes you understand it better.

And yeah it was a bit harder than the others (you can`t realy say that V is short lol, you need couple of weeks to 100% V and only few days for 3) but just because of 1 thing which makes those medium hard missions extremely hard and that is; VEHICLES. You know, the lightness of the vehicles and being hit by cops when you have wanted stars. That thing makes those missions so hard. And considering that half of the missions gives you wanted stars so it`s a pain in the ass. So without this problem it wouldn`t be as hard as it is.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

Well, I like them in this order: SA, LCS, III, VC, VCS (3D Only)

I started with III, but it's still not my favorite.  I don't think a game you "start" with means it's the best game, even for nastalgia.  I didn't do III, VC, SA, LCS, or VCS since 2007 to 100%, and I only did LCS/VCS to 100% in the past month and a half for my first time.  Since I didn't touch III, VC, SA for a whole 7 years, I actually forgot EVERYTHING about the games, but my standings for each game is after playing them back to back to back to back without a biased look...

I don't even think the story for III is hard at all, nor the weight of the vehicles, either.  The problem I had is Paramedic Level 12 as it took numerous tries and also Rampages.  None of which deal with weight of vehicle and/or police...

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

Well, I like them in this order: SA, LCS, III, VC, VCS (3D Only)

I started with III, but it's still not my favorite.  I don't think a game you "start" with means it's the best game, even for nastalgia.  I didn't do III, VC, SA, LCS, or VCS since 2007 to 100%, and I only did LCS/VCS to 100% in the past month and a half for my first time.  Since I didn't touch III, VC, SA for a whole 7 years, I actually forgot EVERYTHING about the games, but my standings for each game is after playing them back to back to back to back without a biased look...

I don't even think the story for III is hard at all, nor the weight of the vehicles, either.  The problem I had is Paramedic Level 12 as it took numerous tries and also Rampages.  None of which deal with weight of vehicle and/or police...

Then exactly what kind of problem did you have with paramedic level 12 in 3? Mine was simply because the ambulance rolled over at every sharp turn and either it set on fire or i squashed the patient with it while rolling over.

Well my No.1 problems in GTA3 are the vehicles, their rolling over during sharp turns or during chases and blowing up in a car while rolling over when cops chased me. That is my bigest concern in this game.

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

GTA III Dark Edition

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:30 PM Edited by AdusPL, 20 July 2014 - 06:31 PM.

I don't know why, but I mostly like GTA in order I played them.
How I played:
III>SA>2>I>VC>IV
How I like:
III>SA>2>VC>IV>I
Yes, I like 2 more than VC...

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:33 PM Edited by Militia, 20 July 2014 - 07:10 PM.

Running out of time is the problem in III for me, I already explained this somewhere or another in this topic or another in this section.  I never had a problem with running over patients or damaging the Ambulance, in fact, by Level 12, the Ambulance wasn't even smoking...It's not hard to be patient and avoid hitting vehicles...

I don't get how people say the Ambulance rolls over at every turn, this is why you use the E-Brake and not the normal brakes...E-Brake just makes you slide around all turns so easily, unless you are jolting the analog stick left, right, left, right, left, right really hard and fast, it's the only time it'll tip over...

Just because of vehicle physics it ruined the ENTIRE game for you?  See, this is such a small thing, that people, either one, get used to it, or two, look past this as it's not THAT important...

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

I always use handbrake, i rarely brake with normal brakes in GTA but still that thing rolles over like a ball. The same thing goes for police car. So you realy need to drive carefuly and not to turn sharply. In SA the ambulance rolls over too but you can at least turn it back on it`s wheels with the right combination of steering and gas while in 3 (or in VC too) just rolls over and over again and you realy need luck to land on the wheels.

Most of the vehicles in 3 and VC are heavily prone to rolling over. Either they roll over too fast, either they set on fire too fast or they have ridiculously large turning radius like cartel cruiser or yardie lobo. However 90% of them are like that. Only few of them are good to handle. And yes that killed my fun at playing GTA 3 because driving is very important factor in any GTA. You drive most of the time so that can be pain in the ass.

@AdusPL, you prefer GTA2 to IV? May i ask you why?

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:51 PM Edited by Militia, 20 July 2014 - 07:51 PM.

You can even use the Crusher Glitch on the Ambulance to make it a "Ghost" temporarily and drive through walls, cars, buildings, and peds/people.  Thus NEVER killing one of the patients or damaging the Ambulance even 1%...But I don't use this method really as it wastes more time at least in my eyes, when you fall through blue hell to respawn back on land, etc...

You probably don't know what I am talking about anyways since you're new to all these vehicle glitches and proof vehicles, etc...

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

GTA III Dark Edition

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:05 PM Edited by AdusPL, 20 July 2014 - 08:07 PM.

@MrVance
Mainly because of the fun. I had MUCH MORE of it playing GTA 2. It's very good game, classic. GTA IV was just dull for me.
I prefer fun over everything else in games.
  • Militia likes this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

You can even use the Crusher Glitch on the Ambulance to make it a "Ghost" temporarily and drive through walls, cars, buildings, and peds/people.  Thus NEVER killing one of the patients or damaging the Ambulance even 1%...But I don't use this method really as it wastes more time at least in my eyes, when you fall through blue hell to respawn back on land, etc...

You probably don't know what I am talking about anyways since you're new to all these vehicle glitches and proof vehicles, etc...

New? There aren`t many glitches glitch in GTA games that i wouldn`t know about it. I know about that crusher glitch for 6 years already but it didn`t succeed in my case.

Proof vehicles realy aren`t interesting to me because they are useless. What should i do with them? Drive to st.marks and watching mafia to shoot at me? Or get 5 stars and going into the roadblocks? Boring to me. You enjoy it just like i enjoy exploring the myths. I was a myth hunter for SA back in 2006.

So alot of things do interest me but proof vehicles seem just useless to me.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

Then why do you keep bringing it up in almost every topic I am in about "how do you work the Crusher Glitch?"  "How can I get an AP vehicle in this game?"

Seems interested, but lack of knowledge on how to get them.  Anyways, I don't really care anyways.

To go back on topic "What's the point of this game?"

The point of the game, like any GTA game is to get to 100% Completion with the best stats, and a proof vehicle collection.  If it's not for you, time to get into another game series.

That's all.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:52 PM

The point of the game, like any GTA game is to get to 100% Completion with the best stats, and a proof vehicle collection.

And to have fun, I think ;)

• Militia likes this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

In almost every topic? Try to find 2 topics where i brought this up? I did it in one only. And that is something i would stil like to accomplish even tough i don`t like the game, but just because it`s one of very few glitches in 3D era i haven`t managed to do it yet. Altough i`m doing everything those yt videos say to do i still don`t get picked up by crusher while in car. Well if i would trying it as long i was trying that teritory glitch in SA before i found out that it doesn`t even exists on the greatest hits version for PS2 (what a f*cking bullsh*t anyway, i have bothered my self for weeks and weeks doing that) i`m almost sure it would be done already. But since i try it only now and then it`s not enough obviously. 

But anyway don`t take it too personaly (not just you but all of GTA 3 fans) if i`m bitching on GTA3, some of you guys keep bitching on VCS or even V so i can do the same for GTA3 :die:  :r*: . 

pogo_01
  • pogo_01

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:53 AM

I always use the "sunny weather" cheat. Then I get a dodo and fly around Liberty City. This is the best thing to do in GTA III
  • CasualSergiu likes this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

I always use the "sunny weather" cheat. Then I get a dodo and fly around Liberty City. This is the best thing to do in GTA III

Yeah but you need to cheat it to have some real sun and for someone like me who hate cheats that isn`t the solution. The only cheat i use during the regular GTA3 gameplay is "more gore", that`s one thing i do like about this game, it`s unique in 3D era. I enjoy blowing off the limbs out of those stupid yardies with rattlesnake (M16). And what`s even better it doesn`t count as cheat at all as the message "cheat activated" never apears on the screen.

Yeah i flew the dodo one day for pretty long time, aprox 6-7 minutes (wow that`s quite a long lol) when i was searching for ghost town. And i think i reached it as i saw some coast or some strange land  but than i crashed into the sea because i turned to the left too fast. And i also flew with tank to the observatory and i found out it`s not solid. Like most of the high point buildings in SI aren`t.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:37 AM

Claude is just cool. It isnt something I can justify, but I think after Catalina betrayed him he lost it. Stopped talking completely. Killed everyone and anyone who stood in his way. He killed so many people and he is wanted all over Liberty City.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

Claude is just cool. It isnt something I can justify, but I think after Catalina betrayed him he lost it. Stopped talking completely. Killed everyone and anyone who stood in his way. He killed so many people and he is wanted all over Liberty City.

Yeah maybe you right, i`ve never tought about it yet, what about if Claude stopped talking when Catalina shot him? What if he had some health complications and he sted talking due to the shock?

Well we can speculate what we want here but i think the real reason that Claude doesn`t speak is that R* didn`t even think about making a talking protags yet.

Anyways i can`t believe Claude standed with that crazy bitch for so long, 9 f*cking years with that f*cking whore can you imagine that?

Well at least he made CJ happy by taking that crazy bitch in LC.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:01 AM

Perhaps Claude enjoys the challenge of being with Catalina. They most likely were a successful partnership, with them robbing banks.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:50 PM

move on people we got another SA fanboy here

so what just because its dark and gritty you don't like it?

jeez people like you probably want every GTA to be colorful

• AdusPL likes this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

Not just because it`s dull and gritty (IV`s atmosphere is a bit of depresive too but i still like it) but because of everything else. I can easily number you at least 20 reasons why i hate this game from the 1.st time i`ve played it, but since i`ve already wrote that in "things you hate the most in GTA 3" topic i won`t do it again. Besides it`s just my own opinion.

And more that that GTA games aren`t just about killing, gangs, criminal, drugs and dark and dangerous places. It`s about open world, exploring, having a feel of the place, observing weather, nature, sunset. If you are a person who gives only about shooting than probably GTA3 will be your best. Because GTA 3 simply can`t offer you more than hate, psychotic shooting and crazed gangsters  shooting at you.

GTA 3 had so many negative vibrations, it`s all about f*cking hate, the protag is mute and heartless, you have no friends and whole damn city wants you dead. Other series are much different and more diverse, the whole atmospheres are much more nice, the plots are more studied out and and protagonists are step forward from being total emotionless and greedy sociopaths.

So if you like that negativism and bad vibes in GTA 3 than ok, it`s your taste and your opinion but don`t be so surprised if someone hates all that.

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

GTA III Dark Edition

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

@MrVance
GTA is about gangster's life, NOT looking at the sunset and nature.
Jeez.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

No, GTA is open world game, action adventure and i do care about the ingame weather and atmosphere. Gangster life is the part of it not all, GTA isn`t gang simulator.

And it`s about exploring, after you beat 100% you will go and explore, at least i do that. So i bother what kind of atmosphere, landscape and weather surrounds me. WTF could you explore in GTA3 anyway?

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

GTA III Dark Edition

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

Great, we have SA and VC fanboys in 3 forum. Just f*cking great.

@up
Just look at this beautiful LC.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

I agree with everything about the crime and grittines, but that's actually the good part. That's how it's supposed to be. As for the sun, you're completely wrong. Sure, if you spend time among the skycrapers you won't see it much, but the game is far from being dark. IV was much darker in that regard. III of course isn't as shiny as VC, but it's pretty close to SA when you're in SF.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:16 PM Edited by GoldenBlade, 28 July 2014 - 03:16 PM.

The fact that the atmosphere is like that,is what makes it an amazing game in the first place.. so I'm glad you described it that way.

This is so right. GTA III is a very unique game in it's own way. It provided it's players with a feeling of no other game. The atmosphere made it simply outstanding.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:08 AM

Claude's life after the events of GTA III is kind of accurate. Everyone is his enemy. His spare no one approach hurt him in the end.

polaris23
  • polaris23

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:38 AM

The point of this game is that it defined my early teenage years.
  • Militia likes this

JeffersonCJ
  • JeffersonCJ

GTA San Andreas/IV/V Lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

It's still great game for me, but not my favorite.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users