79 replies to this topic
Raz3r95
  • Raz3r95

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:33 AM

I never really liked GTA 3.

The story was pretty nice, but i hated liberty city, the sun never rises, it is a dark, cloudy and ugly city and it seemes like fuc*ing everyone tries to kill me.

I can't do sh*t, where ever i go, gangsters, junkies and mobsters tries to shot my ass, and in the end i have no friends.

Everybody betrayed claude, what can this poor bastard do? The Leones wants him death, the cartel, the yardies, the triads, the diablos, fuc*ing everyone.

The atmosphere in this game is very spooky and scary and really depressing. 

Its the only grand theft auto game, where you got nothing left when you finnish it, no friends, no family, just a million dollars you can only spend for guns and a city with people, who are after you.

Claude better move back to SanAndreas, Liberty City was big mistake...

• MrVance and Wavesittich like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:38 AM

Liberty City is supposed to be a crime ridden, scary, depressing sh*t hole. It's not called "the worst place in America" for the hell of it.

• GTAKid667, CartmanKusanagi, Legomanarthur and 8 others like this

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:22 AM

The fact that the atmosphere is like that,is what makes it an amazing game in the first place.. so I'm glad you described it that way.

• ainsz, CartmanKusanagi, thekillerdonuts and 4 others like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

Sounds like you played it after you played San Andreas.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

Prankster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

@up

Haha true. GTA III was first 3D GTA game i played and I really liked it. The atmosphere was ok, I just didn't like going to Shoreside Vale.

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

GTA III Dark Edition

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:37 PM Edited by AdusPL, 14 July 2014 - 12:38 PM.

The problem is that most of people started from VC or SA. Then when they play GTA III, they say it's not good game.

• Militia, Cakelover21 and Harerama Chakraborty like this

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:03 PM Edited by Andreaz1, 14 July 2014 - 02:03 PM.

Everybody betrayed claude

Yeah... no. He betrayed them, it's totally understandable that they are out to get him. I agree that there isn't that much to do once the storyline is finished but I disagree about the city. The darkness and gloominess helped make the whole game what it is, fantastic.
  • Militia likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

the sun never rises, it is a dark, cloudy and ugly city

sweiss_gta3_rumpo1.jpg

Come again?

• Mr. Jago, CartmanKusanagi, Militia and 3 others like this

ssbawesome
  • ssbawesome

The Eigth Sage

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

You have to be tough to survive in Liberty. Claude proved that he is and that he could and did survive Liberty City. It's the kind of city that you have to step on people, shoot people in the back, and leave them behind to stay in the game. It requires even more if you want to get ahead. Sounds like you couldn't make it in Liberty.

• Militia, Cakelover21, Vice City criminal and 2 others like this

clement_attlee
  • clement_attlee

Strawberry thug

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

Like said before it is meant to be a total f*cking sh*thole! Play VC/VCS if you don't like it ;)

• Cakelover21 likes this

Viscacha
  • Viscacha

• Members
  • East-Timor

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

sweiss_gta3_rumpo1.jpg

Come again?

Go and play at that particular time - everything's so fuzzy or covered with grime making it literally darkest GTA town - even GTA2 was nicer.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

-snip-

Come again?

Go and play at that particular time - everything's so fuzzy or covered with grime making it literally darkest GTA town - even GTA2 was nicer.

But the sun technically did rise at the time of that picture. It wasn't dark and while there were a few clouds, it wasn't particularly overcast. GTA 3 was made to be gritty and if you want stuff that's clean and shiny Vice City might be right up your alley.

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

Yeah, the OP seems kinda....Not a GTA Fan.  GTA III and LCS is absolutely amazing.  I started on GTA III, then moved to VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and V.....And I must say, III and LCS are some of the best GTA games I played next to SA.

I actually like how the Leone's carry shotguns.  I like how the Cartel carry AK-47's.  I like how the Diablos carry pistols and bats.  I like how the Triads also carry pistols and bats......It's all about making it in Liberty City like the one guy said above.  Sounds like you aren't into GTA enough to own all the games or reach 100%.

Reaching 100% is actually the most difficult in GTA III out of all GTA games in the series due to Paramedics Level 12, some of the Rampages, and also how you gotta strategically plan on what to do FIRST before other things, or you're gonna have hell of a time reaching 100%.

But by the way you speak, you probably don't have much experience with reaching 100%....Or as myself, I collect proof vehicles and have 7 of them in GTA III.  Nobody will touch me in my BP/FP Securicar, BP/FP Trashmaster, AP Cheetah, AP Bobcat, AP/EC Stretch, BP/DP Patriot, or BP/DP Barracks OL.  Getting to 100% is only half of the battle.  Do you have what it takes?

• Cakelover21 and Harerama Chakraborty like this

Viscacha
  • Viscacha

• Members
  • East-Timor

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

But the sun technically did rise at the time of that picture. It wasn't dark and while there were a few clouds, it wasn't particularly overcast. GTA 3 was made to be gritty and if you want stuff that's clean and shiny Vice City might be right up your alley.

Even if that can be called sunshine, how long does it last compared to other weathers? You barely see it during the whole game - you can beat it in a couple hours and guaranteed you will not see the sunshine even once, unless you save a lot.

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

Couple of hours?  Meaning the story?  That's not even close to completing the game...

Idk why so many people think the story IS the game...It's only about 50% of the game....

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

Prankster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

stuff that's clean and shiny Vice City might be right up your alley.

Hehe, actually west Vice City island is freaking dark and dirty :D

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

GTA universe resident since 2002

• Members
  • France

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

@Militia

I've reached 100% completion in GTA III, VC, SA (twice ... no kidding), LCS, VCS, IV, Tlad, Tbogt, V, and I've to say that I think what OP says is rather true.

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

At the end of the day, if you don't like the game, don't play it.

If it's too much trouble avoiding gangs and thinking strategically, then don't play it.

Not much more to say.  I thought the game was the hardest in the series and that is why it's so cool.  The HD Era and later games aren't even challenging anymore like GTA III was.

Robinism
  • Robinism

GTA III Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

GTA III is probably the best one in the whole series. I LOVE how the city looks, how it's so dark and depressing. One of Rockstars biggest talents is how they manage to create such awesome atmosphere - and the GTA III version of Liberty City is their best work yet.

• Militia, Left4TheUndead and Harerama Chakraborty like this

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:55 PM

Yup, that is another awesome game, I love LCS way more than VC and VCS.  But all in all, I like the entire 3D Era more than the HD Era.

EpicPonyMuffins
  • EpicPonyMuffins

Is waiting for November 18th.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

The Point of this game was to serve as a starting point.

People wanted to know Claude's origin so enter San Andreas.

People wanted to know Toni's origin so enter Liberty City Stories

People wanted to know Vic's origin so enter Vice City Stories

This game set up the rest of the games in a new way.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

Even if that can be called sunshine, how long does it last compared to other weathers? You barely see it during the whole game - you can beat it in a couple hours and guaranteed you will not see the sunshine even once, unless you save a lot.

I've seen it on multiple occasions.

FootFetishBoy
  • FootFetishBoy

i Love Chicks Feet like quentin

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

Gta III Has the best Vibe / Atmosphere in the Series hands Down.

and Liberty city is the best Gta Location IMO 

• MilezDawg and Harerama Chakraborty like this

Krysalis
  • Krysalis

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:33 PM

GTA 3 with RealGTA3 mod is awesome :D

Harerama Chakraborty
  • Harerama Chakraborty

The Super Speeder

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

I never really liked GTA 3.

The story was pretty nice, but i hated liberty city, the sun never rises, it is a dark, cloudy and ugly city and it seemes like fuc*ing everyone tries to kill me.

I can't do sh*t, where ever i go, gangsters, junkies and mobsters tries to shot my ass, and in the end i have no friends.

Everybody betrayed claude, what can this poor bastard do? The Leones wants him death, the cartel, the yardies, the triads, the diablos, fuc*ing everyone.

The atmosphere in this game is very spooky and scary and really depressing. 

Its the only grand theft auto game, where you got nothing left when you finnish it, no friends, no family, just a million dollars you can only spend for guns and a city with people, who are after you.

Claude better move back to SanAndreas, Liberty City was big mistake...

1) The sun does rise. But sunshine is just lesser. Which city has more sunshine- New York City(GTA 3) or Los Angeles (SA)?

2) Don't have friends? What about your dear friends Yakuza, D-Ice and the Red Jacks, 8-Ball? Gangs shooting? That's the challenge. You should fight back! What are the weapons made for?

3) It is spooky and scary, but that does not mean that whereever you go, ghosts will follow and instantly kill you. I reckon the atmosphere was great.

4) I think that GTA 3 was much harder than the other 3D era games, including SA, though it was close. VC and VCS was just a pie, GTA A was too easy, LCS wasn't a big deal either. SA was a tough game, but not as GTA 3.

5) It's his choice. But I think he stayed in LC after this.

GTA 3 with RealGTA3 mod is awesome :D

It is, but is 3 awful without it? :bored: :sneaky:

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

I think that GTA 3 was much harder than the other 3D era games, including SA, though it was close.

I 100% agree with you.  GTA III is the hardest GTA game next to SA.  SA only had a very small amount of challenging things, but GTA III is by far the hardest game due to Paramedic Level 12 and a handful of the Rampages.  I highly doubt many people reached 100% in GTA III, tbh, cuz it's surely a hell of a tricky game and careful planning will only allow 100% to happen, but even when you plan and do things in the proper order, it's still f*cking hard as hell.  The Rampages were a nightmare on PS2/3...

• Harerama Chakraborty likes this

Harerama Chakraborty
  • Harerama Chakraborty

The Super Speeder

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

I think that GTA 3 was much harder than the other 3D era games, including SA, though it was close.

I 100% agree with you.  GTA III is the hardest GTA game next to SA.  SA only had a very small amount of challenging things, but GTA III is by far the hardest game due to Paramedic Level 12 and a handful of the Rampages.  I highly doubt many people reached 100% in GTA III, tbh, cuz it's surely a hell of a tricky game and careful planning will only allow 100% to happen, but even when you plan and do things in the proper order, it's still f*cking hard as hell.  The Rampages were a nightmare on PS2/3...

You are right, new players can't really complete the game without cheats, and the rampages are just pain in the ass. Kill 30 diablos in 120 seconds, was hard for me since after I shot the first, a bunch came and attacked me with bats. And I think GTA 3 was harder on the original PS2 versions compared to PC. And it is annoying when it rains in the paramedic or its foggy. Once I was in the tenth level and the heavy fog caused me to run over the patient, thus ending the mission.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

You are right, new players can't really complete the game without cheats, and the rampages are just pain in the ass. Kill 30 diablos in 120 seconds, was hard for me since after I shot the first, a bunch came and attacked me with bats. And I think GTA 3 was harder on the original PS2 versions compared to PC. And it is annoying when it rains in the paramedic or its foggy. Once I was in the tenth level and the heavy fog caused me to run over the patient, thus ending the mission.

The rampages are easier on PC I believe cuz the PC people have that crosshairs with the tiny white dot in the center.  So when it says "Kill 25 Purple/Red Nines in 2 minutes with M16 HEADHSHOTS ONLY" you can put that dot on their head much easier, whereas on PS2, like I am playing it on with the backward compatible PS3, it's HELL.  The rampage to kill 25 Columbians with a Flamethrower....Good God.....Kill 25 Columbians with a ROCKET LAUNCHER.....Uh?!  Are you kidding me?!  This game is by far the hardest to reach 100%.  If someone can reach 100% in this game without cheating, then any other GTA game is a cake walk, basically...Nothing is hard once you complete GTA III to 100%.

As for the Paramedics, I usually have trouble with time more than damaging the Ambulance, or running over patients, etc.  I usually do it in Portland first thing before Luigi's Girls mission, but it takes like 3-4 tries before reaching and completing Level 12.  The time is really f*cked up and sometimes only gives you like 15-20 seconds to get to the patient, and then when you pick them up, you literally gotta RUSH back.  It keeps you on the edge of your seat, and this is why some people run over patients accidently at times.  The key to this is staying calm, that's for sure...

MrVance
  • MrVance

Peon

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

Haha @RAZ395 you read my minds, it scares the sh*t out of me, it`s just :lol: like i would wrote that.

I would say this is the only GTA game (i haven`t ever played the top down ones and i don`t plan to) i realy hate with passion. Every f*cking thing in this game makes me sick. It`s so neurotic, dull and sick atmosphere that you`d almost need a f*cking xanax to play it. :karmaeater:

The characters, vehicles, cops, sounds, missions, map, everything is so f*cking annoying. Even the main character is mute heartless and greedy psychopath who would kill his own mother for some nice cash if someone would told him to. It makes me sick. All the other GTA protags were improving and became more and more influental during the gameplay but claude always stays a little psychotic errand boy. I hate the thing that with Claude you got the feeling that you`re just another small thug or street hoodlum but with other protags you just feel the reputation you are gaining throughout the gameplay.

Today he works for Sal, tomorrow he kills him. Tommorow he works for Kenji, the day after tommorow he kills him. Give me a break, it`s totaly f*cked up story, he killed like 100 of people just to revenge to Catalina at the end, like he couldn`t just poped her in the grand theft aero mission. 

Like you said, you end up being alone in the psychotic city full of degenerates and everyone wants you dead. But you have a million $. HURRAY!! And you will spend it on what? On weapon? You get all the weapon you need for 2 days of constant shooting for 200000 $.

This protag is the only one who is even lower on the end than at the start. He ends up alone, no friends and everyone hates him.

LOL. I like that my protag has at least a little bit of heart and emotions, that he makes friendships and no matter if he is a lunatic he still has feelings for some people. And that`s the way it is with most other protags, more or less except with Claude. He is realy messed up sociopath he would kill his own mother if he would be paid for it.

And the weather is so f*cked up that you got the feeling it`s a night time all the time. Not to mention those psychotic echo voices that sh*t creeps me out. The whole atmosphere seems so psychotic and negative vibrations that you can literaly feel.

And those people who love this game so much, this is all about the nostalgia they have, the only people who ever loved this game were probably started to play with GTA3 and because it was a huge break and improvement since GTA2 they were thrilled. But if you`ve started to play with any other game and than tried 3 you couldn`t possibly love it.

So i can understand GTA 3 fans because of the reason i just stated above but i`m having trouble to understand how can anyone like Claude so much. What could possibly like about him? You can`t even identify with him like you can with other protags, he is mute, he is heartless, friendship and loyalty doesn`t mean crap to him and all he cares about is money. 

Besides we don`t need dull atmosphere to get the sense of danger, VCS and SA had both warm positive atmosphere but yet there was a sense of danger.

• Ridd likes this

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

GTA III Dark Edition

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

This atmosphere is the best in whole GTA Series, if you don't like it, play that f*cking colorful VC.
  • Militia and pogo_01 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users