The Riot Van is Gone?

32 replies to this topic
GhostZodick
  • GhostZodick

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:54 AM

I started to play GTA online a lot after the july 4th DLC. I was trying to get a police riot van so I won't be killed so easily. I'm level 32 now. I followed the instructions on youtube, I went to the police station near the beach. But the riot van is not there. I tried repeatedly many times in different sessions, it just never spawned there.

Later I googled it, it seems that the riot van is gone after the 1.15 patch. Is it true? For me, the only way to get a riot van is to rise my wanted level to 4 stars and grab one from the roadblock (which is extremely hard).

Also, is there any method to save the riot van and insure it? I died countless times in order to get a riot van from the roadblock. I tried to save it as the youtube video showed but seems rockstar has already fixed the glitch. I parked the car right in front of the garage and walk into the garage, then my roit van disappeared.

Is it even possible to get a riot van and save it?

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:56 AM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 14 July 2014 - 02:56 AM.

No it is not possible unless you have a modded console.   To save and insure it, that is.

• GhostZodick likes this

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:56 AM

no you can't save it but try calling Lester he for locate a car he allways givr mr that 1 ps im drunjk do  ya  

GhostZodick
  • GhostZodick

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:02 AM

sigh... that car is my motivation to play the game recently. If I can't get it, I won't play the game so hard.

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

[cue "ERMAHGERD MAK POLIC VEHILES STORABLE ALREDY COCK*!!!" comments]

• Evershade likes this

GhostZodick
  • GhostZodick

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:13 AM

[cue "ERMAHGERD MAK POLIC VEHILES STORABLE ALREDY COCK*!!!" comments]

I don't want that ugly motorbike......

no you can't save it but try calling Lester he for locate a car he allways givr mr that 1 ps im drunjk do  ya  

It'll be a pain in the ass to call lester every time I need the car.

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:14 AM Edited by SeberHusky, 14 July 2014 - 03:20 AM.

Call Lester and request a car. His "car" has always been the SWAT van for me.

That's the only way you can get it to spawn online.

And no you can't save it.  Police vehicles have been un-saveable since November 2013. And don't try modding either, you will get banned, and the car will always delete itself even if you do get it in the garage.

What you want to stop doing, is watching those YouTube videos. They are only done for money and are always fake or misleading. The people that make those videos only care about getting views and being paid, they could care less about if the tricks work or not. People also steal other people's old videos from before the patch, and reupload them like it can still be done.

0_0_tailgaterhunt6.jpg

• A Maned Wolf and GhostZodick like this

Nuke.
  • Nuke.

gta advance > gtav

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:14 AM

Just get a friend to get a 4 star wanted level, and while the police are distracted just take it. You might get some stars for being @ the crime scene but they'll mostly focus on your friend. BTW, I think it only spawns as a roadblock in Blaine County, mostly Grapeseed from what I've seen.

• GhostZodick likes this

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

The landfills were full, New Jersey was full.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:15 AM

It doesn't spawn anymore. I haven't seen it since Hipster went live.
  • GhostZodick likes this

Fluffy Apple
  • Fluffy Apple

I Eat Babies

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:16 AM

Motorbike??? i thought you wanted a riot van?

SteampunkJester
  • SteampunkJester

Purveyor Of Thoroughly Useless Information

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:21 AM Edited by SteampunkJester, 14 July 2014 - 03:21 AM.

I wish it still spawned, my friends and I had tons of fun tearing through Los Santos with it.

Sangers
  • Sangers

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:22 AM

I'll try tonight. Can't you get it by getting 4-5 stars and waiting for the Riot Police to arrive?

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:23 AM

I'll try tonight. Can't you get it by getting 4-5 stars and waiting for the Riot Police to arrive?

Ringing creepy Uncle Lester is a lot easier than trying to rack up a wanted level and having the truck get all shot up and smashed. 

GhostZodick
  • GhostZodick

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:24 AM

Call Lester and request a car. His "car" has always been the SWAT van for me.

That's the only way you can get it to spawn online.

And no you can't save it.  Police vehicles have been un-saveable since November 2013. And don't try modding either, you will get banned, and the car will always delete itself even if you do get it in the garage.

What you want to stop doing, is watching those YouTube videos. They are only done for money and are always fake or misleading. The people that make those videos only care about getting views and being paid, they could care less about if the tricks work or not. People also steal other people's old videos from before the patch, and reupload them like it can still be done.

0_0_tailgaterhunt6.jpg

Why rockstar try so hard to ban those cars?

IH8PITT
  • IH8PITT

Let's Go Mountaineers

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:26 AM

If you haven't completed the Lester mission Cops Capacity, it won't spawn at Vespucci PD. I don't know if they've completely removed it.

GhostZodick
  • GhostZodick

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

If you haven't completed the Lester mission Cops Capacity, it won't spawn at Vespucci PD. I don't know if they've completely removed it.

I don't know whether I completed it or not. But it seems the riot van is no longer there no matter what.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:42 AM

The Riot van spawns at the police station near Vespucci Canal.

Unless you're talking about the Police Transport......?

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:43 AM

I wonder if it was removed due to a simple mistake/oversight by R* or because it was exploitable.

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:59 AM Edited by SeberHusky, 14 July 2014 - 04:06 AM.

I just blew off $200 for you in the sake of definite answers.

Yes, the riot van is gone.  No, it wasn't done on purpose.  This is likely another glitch where it was removed on accident. Tack it on with the deletion of the radio station selection menu in the garage.

Why do I say this? Because it takes $100 out of my account, and directs me to an empty parking lot at the police station where it used to be at.  If they outright removed it on purpose, it would be disabled in the menu.

There's no reason to exploit it, because it's just an armored truck, the same as the bank trucks. You can't give people grief people with it or anything.

This image was from a few months ago, around January or February 2014:

gta_v_snapmatic__125__police_riot_by_sib

The Police Transporter spawns at 3-star wanted levels and nowhere else. These vans, including the windshield, are 90% bulletproof. The tires are not.

(not my photo)

PoliceTransporter-GTAV-Front.png

• GhostZodick likes this

GhostZodick
  • GhostZodick

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:07 AM

Yes, the riot van is gone.  No, it wasn't done on purpose.  This is likely another glitch where it was removed on accident. Tack it on with the deletion of the radio station selection menu in the garage.

Why do I say this? Because it takes $100 out of my account, and directs me to an empty parking lot at the police station where it used to be at.  If they outright removed it on purpose, it would be disabled in the menu.

There's no reason to exploit it, because it's just an armored truck, the same as the bank trucks. You can't give people grief people with it or anything.

The Police Transporter spawns at 3-star wanted levels and nowhere else. These vans, including the windshield, are 90% bulletproof. The tires are not.

(not my photo)

I see. Thank you. I really want to keep it though.

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:10 AM

Probably at Ft. Zancudo like the rest of the damn Pegasus vehicles that get delivered there...

GhostZodick
  • GhostZodick

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:18 AM

Probably at Ft. Zancudo like the rest of the damn Pegasus vehicles that get delivered there...

actually you are right. That police station is one of the delivery position according to http://gta.wikia.com/Pegasus

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:41 AM Edited by SeberHusky, 14 July 2014 - 04:47 AM.

Lester adds a blip to the map and directs you to it.  It never spawns at the marine base, as it's not a military vehicle.  And how do you think you can get in or out of the base?  The gates are locked.

Also, wait a minute or two and do not move your character before picking up the Pegasus vehicle. At least until the icon stops blinking. Never had them spawn at the marine base. 

actually you are right. That police station is one of the delivery position according to http://gta.wikia.com/Pegasus

No idea why you are looking at the Pegasus vehicle list, as that has nothing at all to do with Lester's "dial-a-ride". The Pegasus vehicles are larger than other vehicles, so they only spawn at designated wide open areas.

PS: What is your rank? Like the HVY Dozer, it only spawns after a certain rank level (but it is still rare to see it).

GTA Online

• Rarely spawns in the Vespucci Police Station parking lot between San Andreas Avenue and Vespucci Boulevard, west of South Rockford Drive, if the player has a rank of 25 or above.
  • May spawn when requesting Lester to find a car.

~ http://gta.wikia.com/Police_Riot

I would advise waiting until after the next patch or two to try finding it, as if it isn't spawning when you order it from Lester, something has gone wrong in the coding.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Gulo Gulo's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:43 AM

(not my photo)

The Police Transporter can in fact spawn in MP, at Cranberry Subway station east of the Strip club at night around 1:00- 3:30.

This also used to be how you could get unmarked police cars to spawn, but I haven't checked up on it since December.

GhostZodick
  • GhostZodick

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

Lester adds a blip to the map and directs you to it.  It never spawns at the marine base, as it's not a military vehicle.  And how do you think you can get in or out of the base?  The gates are locked.

Also, wait a minute or two and do not move your character before picking up the Pegasus vehicle. At least until the icon stops blinking. Never had them spawn at the marine base. 

No idea why you are looking at the Pegasus vehicle list, as that has nothing at all to do with Lester's "dial-a-ride". The Pegasus vehicles are larger than other vehicles, so they only spawn at designated wide open areas.

PS: What is your rank? Like the HVY Dozer, it only spawns after a certain rank level (but it is still rare to see it).

GTA Online

• Rarely spawns in the Vespucci Police Station parking lot between San Andreas Avenue and Vespucci Boulevard, west of South Rockford Drive, if the player has a rank of 25 or above.
  • May spawn when requesting Lester to find a car.

~ http://gta.wikia.com/Police_Riot

I would advise waiting until after the next patch or two to try finding it, as if it isn't spawning when you order it from Lester, something has gone wrong in the coding.

I believe I'm level 32 or 33. Maybe 34 now.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:57 AM

It's a shame, that van was a Riot

Tehguy123
  • Tehguy123

Yeah Mr White... yeah science!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:11 AM

It doesn't spawn at the Police Station any more? That's a shame...

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:57 AM Edited by MantisFang, 14 July 2014 - 09:11 AM.

Back in my day, you could fit a riot van in your garage.

You and your hooligan friends won't believe me now, 

but everybody that rode with you got a free bulletproof vest... 

bah!.... run off and play with your monster trucks and zenTRONooze!

THOSE were the good old days.. back when the world was ours...

0_0.jpg

<old man noises>

• Mr.Nedich, shadyelf and serpentoflight like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

It's a glitch, I don't know if anyone has made rockstar aware of it having gone missing yet but they shouldnt fix it once they know.

Thelankymidget
  • Thelankymidget

That one guy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:30 AM

Get in a police chase, go on the motorway, when you see one blocking the road all you do is drive full speed into the policeman and get out your car and you should have enought time to get in it and Hotwire it so you can drive off and lie happily ever after...works for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users