Why don't money grinders simply glitch?

363 replies to this topic
Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:36 AM

For some people, game is their life. For me, game is part of my leisure time. I play the game, I don't work for a game. That's my opinion on money glitching. I don't have 8 hours per day to play the same game. I have a life to live, plus, I have other games waiting me to play as well. If I spend the whole afternoon playing a game and still can't get what I want, why am I even play it? Money glitching only makes the game more enjoyable. that's it.

And I'm not hurting anyone except some people's "feeling"

When you grow up, you realize it isn't always about what YOU want. You wana cheat and glitch money, do it in SP.
Cheating in MP only makes you a sociopath, and a rather sore loser.

I agree glitching in a competitive environment like using a mod for god mode or whatever is poor taste. Calling someone a sociopath for glitching money is a it extreme though, and money glitching barely effects anyone.

If anything, I would rather grinders glitch all their money right away so they can get out of the repetitive missions and into other modes so I can have fun and play with them.
The problem is that glitchers are doing it so they can have the best of everything without doing anything in hopes they don't have to work their way up and possibly get owned by someone with veteran status and skill.

People are not glitching to enjoy the game more, its to prevent them from losing/looking like what they would consider, a little bitch. Pretty weak, if you ask me.
And the fact that you still need to level up to unlock items?

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

In a word: Ethics.

-Bill

I cant believe it took almost 2 pages for this word to come up. This is why I refuse to glitch. Its just not cricket.

• mareepx and Fetti Debartolo like this

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• Members
  • United-States

Because some people like to earn what they have. It's that simple.
  • mareepx and Fetti Debartolo like this

ktek01
  • ktek01

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Really, who cares. Money is nice to have but not a necessity to have fun or do well in the game. Modders in invisible tanks off the radar tearing up free roam, or people running enhanced auto aim programs is flat out cheating to gain an unfair advantage over other players. Rockstar should worry far more about those programs than money wiping glitchers or nerfing mission payouts to hurt grinders.

• Nyraider77 likes this

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:39 AM

Doesn't matter. Glitcher has best odds of purchasing everything the MOMENT its available to them.

Whereas a legit player has a higher chance of not having enough to have it all as soon as possible.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:40 AM

Yeah and then what if that "cheater" is a grinder or somebody else who played honestly/legit

If you're a cheater, you're not playing honestly or legit... That's what the word "cheater" means...

This is the reason I advocate for year-round schooling, folks.

-Bill
  • return-to-innocence and mareepx like this

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:41 AM

For some people, game is their life. For me, game is part of my leisure time. I play the game, I don't work for a game. That's my opinion on money glitching. I don't have 8 hours per day to play the same game. I have a life to live, plus, I have other games waiting me to play as well. If I spend the whole afternoon playing a game and still can't get what I want, why am I even play it? Money glitching only makes the game more enjoyable. that's it.

When you grow up, you realize it isn't always about what YOU want. You wana cheat and glitch money, do it in SP.

I agree glitching in a competitive environment like using a mod for god mode or whatever is poor taste. Calling someone a sociopath for glitching money is a it extreme though, and money glitching barely effects anyone.

If anything, I would rather grinders glitch all their money right away so they can get out of the repetitive missions and into other modes so I can have fun and play with them.
The problem is that glitchers are doing it so they can have the best of everything without doing anything in hopes they don't have to work their way up and possibly get owned by someone with veteran status and skill.

People are not glitching to enjoy the game more, its to prevent them from losing/looking like what they would consider, a little bitch. Pretty weak, if you ask me.

Ok fair point in calling out those who gltich soley for more ammo/rockets/stats etc. But you should be careful in grouping people together so loosely. Neither of us have the insight into all players who glitch. I myself once glitched some money simply because I liked moving around properties a lot. Otherwise I usually host matches with forced+pickups to even the playing field and custom off when people are under level 70.

Dannnisaur
  • Dannnisaur

Heroic Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:44 AM Edited by Dannnisaur, 14 July 2014 - 03:45 AM.

Ok I also get why people enjoy the things they bought with "legit" money. I myself find it great when I find myself with about 750k after a few months of doing DM's, Races, whatever I found fun at the time.

But to me the whole vision of seeing a car worth a lot of money and going right, im going to replay this mission for the next few hours until I have this car, and I will feel great driving around in it... it just sounds deluded and feels like a waste of time. 

I mean the expensive rewards are cool and all and are fun to have on the horizon but really they are not that great. 

You just barely missed the ball there. Earning possessions is different than feeling nice and cozy about having a sum of money after a couple of games. The idea I was trying to give you is that players like to make goals and chase them. Especially in a game without one that is set.

You have said it yourself that you cannot see the worth of a car, and chasing after it to earn it. That is a fundamental difference between a grinder and glitcher.

• Fetti Debartolo likes this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:44 AM

Sounds like a problem with griefers, whether they "earned" their imaginary money or not makes no difference.

In my scenarios, they wouldn't have had the ability to grief (with the tank or minigun) if they hadn't glitched the cash to buy the stuff.

-Bill

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Doesn't matter. Glitcher has best odds of purchasing everything the MOMENT its available to them.

Whereas a legit player has a higher chance of not having enough to have it all as soon as possible.

I also wanna say, from what I gather from playing people in game and on the forums, no one really cares about your stats or your long running reputation.

If you want to take this stuff seriously (I do sometimes as I consider myself a skilled gamer) you do have the choice to host or join rooms that are set to forced + pickup. Don't take your ego to freemode unless you want to get trolled. Save the real competition for the Deathmatches, this game has so much choice and freedom to it that it really doesn't matter if someone glitches at the end of the day. 

• return-to-innocence and ZeroF0rce like this

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Yeah and then what if that "cheater" is a grinder or somebody else who played honestly/legit

If you're a cheater, you're not playing honestly or legit... That's what the word "cheater" means...

This is the reason I advocate for year-round schooling, folks.

-Bill
You don't get my point what if somebody who honestly got a mini gun (legit) did what you just described?

LoA-Phantom
  • LoA-Phantom

CEO of Luxury MotorSport

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:46 AM

I earn my living and work hard for it lol

I don't want to earn sh*t in a video game, it's all the same and as long as you don't glitch too much you never get caught

Talking about ethics in a video game is the funniest sh*t though, especially since we're all playing gta.
  • return-to-innocence, MilezDawg, ZeroF0rce and 1 other like this

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:47 AM

Ok I also get why people enjoy the things they bought with "legit" money. I myself find it great when I find myself with about 750k after a few months of doing DM's, Races, whatever I found fun at the time.

But to me the whole vision of seeing a car worth a lot of money and going right, im going to replay this mission for the next few hours until I have this car, and I will feel great driving around in it... it just sounds deluded and feels like a waste of time. 

I mean the expensive rewards are cool and all and are fun to have on the horizon but really they are not that great. 

You just barely missed the ball there. Earning possessions is different than feeling nice and cozy about having a sum of money after a couple of games. The idea I was trying to give you is that players like to make goals and chase them. Especially in a game without one that is set.

You have said it yourself that you cannot see the worth of a car, and then chasing after it to earn it. That is a fundamental difference between a grinder and glitcher.

Yeah nah I see your point about earning possessions, I too do like to leave some goals, like right now my goal is to mod out my exemplar to give me an edge in the Coup races, but I expect this to take like a week or so. What I find bizarre is the methodology in getting the goals, its the depressing/soulless systematic grinding of the same mission that people seem to find pride in. I myself would rather earn my goals by doing a variety of jobs or competing in deathmatches, or doing a few cooperative missions that I don't do very often and help out other players, or simply just have fun with a variety of other new activities that I want to try out.

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:48 AM

Ok fair point in calling out those who gltich soley for more ammo/rockets/stats etc. But you should be careful in grouping people together so loosely. Neither of us have the insight into all players who glitch. I myself once glitched some money simply because I liked moving around properties a lot. Otherwise I usually host matches with forced+pickups to even the playing field and custom off when people are under level 70.
So, someone who doesn't glitch shouldn't be able to move around a lot?

You get to hop around til you feel comfortable for free, while a legit must put in some work and most likely a lot more time, just to be able to achieve the same comfortable feeling as you? How is that fair?

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:48 AM

I earn my living and work hard for it lol

I don't want to earn sh*t in a video game, it's all the same and as long as you don't glitch too much you never get caught

Talking about ethics in a video game is the funniest sh*t though, especially since we're all playing gta.

haha exactly, who would have thought GTA would have attracted such a large amount of pseudo-ethical bullsh*t.

• return-to-innocence and ZeroF0rce like this

Mac4167
  • Mac4167

Carolina Born and Bread

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:52 AM

I grind solely for RP.

Main character is 207 and second is at 69 thus grinding shall continue.

Just something to ponder on... Why the hell do any of you care how others play the game? Wanna talk about logic :/

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:53 AM

So, someone who doesn't glitch shouldn't be able to move around a lot?

You get to hop around til you feel comfortable for free, while a legit must put in some work and most likely a lot more time, just to be able to achieve the same comfortable feeling as you? How is that fair?

Its not fair go complain to Rockstar for making the prices so high. I would rather it be that I move around a lot at my own leisure as I please while "legits" "work" towards whatever I do, as opposed to both of us just "working" towards it.

Think of it as two cases. Two people want to move around a lot in this game. Case 1, one of them realises that it will take an insane amount of money to do so and would honestly rather spend it on new weapons/cars etc. So he decides to glitch the money to try out those properties. The other player who is legit decides either he will work for that money however he sees fit (grinds away on RR for a few days or whatever) or simply doesn't do it at all.

Case 2: The FAIR CASE. Neither of us hop around like we wanted to, or we both grind away for days.

Any sane f*cking person chooses case 1 because guess what no one gives a sh*t about fairness if there is no interaction.

• return-to-innocence likes this

TCMike
  • TCMike

Lazy Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:54 AM

Sounds like a problem with griefers, whether they "earned" their imaginary money or not makes no difference.

In my scenarios, they wouldn't have had the ability to grief (with the tank or minigun) if they hadn't glitched the cash to buy the stuff.

-Bill

True, but they could have also purchased a shark card and used that to grief.  In the end it's still griefing that's the real problem.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:54 AM

Really, who cares. Money is nice to have but not a necessity to have fun or do well in the game.

Then, why do so many people on her claim that they NEED to glitch cash...?

Modders in invisible tanks off the radar tearing up free roam, or people running enhanced auto aim programs is flat out cheating to gain an unfair advantage over other players.

[glitcher mind]
Hey, I work 8 hours a day and have a life, so when I play GTA, I wanna have fun... This is the stuff I do to have fun... Don't like it? Switch sessions or play invite only[/glitcher mind]

See how the "glitcher's excuse" can be used for pretty much everything...?

Rockstar should worry far more about those programs than money wiping glitchers or nerfing mission payouts to hurt grinders.

Why can't they do both...? Besides, if R* didn't have so many people glitching, they could focus more time on the modders... Ever think of that?

-Bill
  • mareepx likes this

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:55 AM

I grind solely for RP.
Main character is 207 and second is at 69 thus grinding shall continue.
Just something to ponder on... Why the hell do any of you care how others play the game? Wanna talk about logic :/

Because this is MP, not SP.

Leave your bullsh*t behavior to SP, where you are all alone and no one cares.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:56 AM

You don't get my point what if somebody who honestly got a mini gun (legit) did what you just described?

Then, they're a cheater, too... Just like the person that glitched money.

Why are some people fine with one form of cheating (glitching) but not fine with another (wall breaching)? Both have been proven to affect everyone's gameplay.

-Bill
  • mareepx likes this

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:58 AM

-Bill

Right, they could have grinded for the money. Also you gotta level up to get the minigun, I see your point but your scenario is weak, anyone who can reach level 120 can afford the minigun. In fact those that grind it to level 120 will have it as opposed to cash glitchers.

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Just because this is GTA doesn't mean ethics don't come into play. I realise everything I do in GTA is fictitious. Im not really killing a hooker. Im not really stealing a car. But if I glitch I am handing myself an unfair advantage over someone who hasn't. This is where the ethics come in. At the end of the day Lance Armstrong taking steroids was not physically hurting anyone else. But how do you think the first guy to cross the line without using drugs felt? Glitching does affect others whether you realise it or not. 

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Why are some people fine with one form of cheating (glitching) but not fine with another (wall breaching)? Both have been proven to affect everyone's gameplay.

-Bill
Ok look what I'm referring to is griefing not glitches or anything like that
What if somebody who honestly obtained their minigun terrorize other players try don't use wall breach or anything like that

Dannnisaur
  • Dannnisaur

Heroic Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:59 AM

Yeah nah I see your point about earning possessions, I too do like to leave some goals, like right now my goal is to mod out my exemplar to give me an edge in the Coup races, but I expect this to take like a week or so. What I find bizarre is the methodology in getting the goals, its the depressing/soulless systematic grinding of the same mission that people seem to find pride in. I myself would rather earn my goals by doing a variety of jobs or competing in deathmatches, or doing a few cooperative missions that I don't do very often and help out other players, or simply just have fun with a variety of other new activities that I want to try out.

And that's where the second part of my original post in this thread comes into action. Although you find it boring, depressing, or whatever else, not everyone else does. Furthermore, no one takes pride in grinding the same mission over and over again, as far as I know, but rather in the fact that they're working on something they want legitimately. It just so happens however, that the most optimal way to achieve their goals and earn their trophy in a sense is to do the same mission over and over.

I believe that the real issue at hand here, from what you've been telling me, is that there aren't many missions that have a decent enough payout, hinted by the text I've highlighted in green. As that is the case, I've only to tell you that everyone feels the same.

• luisniko and Fetti Debartolo like this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:59 AM

True, but they could have also purchased a shark card and used that to grief.  In the end it's still griefing that's the real problem.

That's fine but we're talking about money glitchers here... Just showing that glitching money can, in fact, affect others.

On top of that, if someone is glitching money, 99.9% of them aren't buying a shark card... some even use that as an excuse to glitch... "I ain't buying no cash card."

-Bill

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:05 AM Edited by Medical Cocaine, 14 July 2014 - 04:06 AM.

[glitcher mind]

Hey, I work 8 hours a day and have a life, so when I play GTA, I wanna have fun... This is the stuff I do to have fun... Don't like it? Switch sessions or play invite only[/glitcher mind]

See how the "glitcher's excuse" can be used for pretty much everything...?

Yeah its f*ckn awesome having a life aye.

.......what??!

Just because this is GTA doesn't mean ethics don't come into play. I realise everything I do in GTA is fictitious. Im not really killing a hooker. Im not really stealing a car. But if I glitch I am handing myself an unfair advantage over someone who hasn't. This is where the ethics come in. At the end of the day Lance Armstrong taking steroids was not physically hurting anyone else. But how do you think the first guy to cross the line without using drugs felt? Glitching does affect others whether you realise it or not. 

It depends on how you use the cash. 

If you are some guy who did it soley to buy a crap load of RPG rockets ok sure thats just crap, I agree there are gltichers who are just fa**ots, comes with the territory in online gaming. Those people will always find a way to ruin your fun, they will troll missions, whatever.

But there are so many measures to avoid that advantage that its honestly not worth getting into a fuss over. Don't want to have someone have an edge over you because you don't have the best modded car of that class, turn custom vehicles off. Chances are you are going to bump into plenty of legit players who have maxed out gear anyway. Don't want to go up against people who have better weapons than you, host forced + pickups, those are generally a good time.

Point is, when it comes to freemode, don't take it so damn seriously. You get killed by a guy who has all this stuff from gltiching, who cares? You can still kill him if you have skill and at the end of the day your death really doesn't mean anything. You can also just drive away for fark sakes you don't have to leave the whole session and cry about the fairness of it all.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:07 AM

Right, they could have grinded for the money.

Then, they're still a cheater if they're wall breaching... The topic was money glitching... I simply pointed out a way that money glitching can affect other people's gameplay.

Also you gotta level up to get the minigun

Or, get it in a Survival...

I see your point but your scenario is weak, anyone who can reach level 120 can afford the minigun. In fact those that grind it to level 120 will have it as opposed to cash glitchers.

Disagree here. Cash glitchers can essentially glitch as much money as they want, whereas grinders can only grind so much in a certain timeframe.

Take 48 minutes of gameplay, for example, one ingame day... A person might be able to grind, what, $250K in that time? Now, take that 48 minutes for a glitcher and they'll have a helluva lot more money than the grinder will.

That, in a nutshell is why glitchers glitch... It's a faster, easier method to accumulate money. If glitching were harder and less profitable, nobody would do it.

-Bill
  • mareepx likes this

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:07 AM

This is the problem with casual gamers, they want everything to be simple as possible & expect to have everything as soon as possible & by soon I mean from the beginning.
  • tfroam, mareepx, Madara1224 and 2 others like this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

Ok look what I'm referring to is griefing not glitches or anything like that
What if somebody who honestly obtained their minigun terrorize other players try don't use wall breach or anything like that

Then, at least they've earned the ability to do that, through playing the game as it was intended.

Glitchers don't do that. They cheat to get money.

-Bill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users