363 replies to this topic
Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:59 AM

Should be asking about the grinders who bitch about "needing" to grind to make money.

mmm, thats also part of the package. There is this strange deluded "need" going around in the air that the big bucks are a fundamental need or drive of the game. Whats up with that?

Because most players want what they want as soon as possible.

• Medical Cocaine likes this

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:01 AM

How about you don't glitch or grind? That's how I play anyway.

Thats sorta outside the scope of the topic haha, but thats how I play as well. And from that perspective I can't see why someone would stop playing the normal way and start grinding for hours when they could just shortcut the whole grinding process with one glitch, and then go back to playing normally and simply have fun on missions. Somewhere in the process of grinding they seem to think they get extra value in what they are buying. Kay.

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

Grinders respect what the game offers and are simply overzealous taking advantage of that certain part.

Glitchers have no respect and are even worse when taking advantage of THAT part.

I don't grind and I'd rather get a thousand paper cuts and jump in a pool of lemon juice, than glitch.
  • cattafett, Xyn, ParanoiaX and 6 others like this

LoA-Phantom
  • LoA-Phantom

CEO of Luxury MotorSport

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

I played legit to 120 and my first full 10 car garage then I started glitching to be a millionaire and have whatever I want

Both play styles are fun, it just depends what your goal is at the time, currently I'm enjoying having all the cars I want, enough money to do whatever I want. Broke people don't so sh*t like parachute races and golf cause payout sucks but when you have millions you're not worried about payout.
  • henryborked likes this

GhostZodick
  • GhostZodick

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:07 AM Edited by GhostZodick, 14 July 2014 - 03:08 AM.

For some people, game is their life. For me, game is part of my leisure time. I play the game, I don't work for a game. That's my opinion on money glitching. I don't have 8 hours per day to play the same game. I have a life to live, plus, I have other games waiting me to play as well. If I spend the whole afternoon playing a game and still can't get what I want, why am I even play it? Money glitching only makes the game more enjoyable. that's it.

And I'm not hurting anyone except some people's "feeling"

• MilezDawg, Shootinalloveryourface, da_illest101 and 3 others like this

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:09 AM

I don't grind and I'd rather get a thousand paper cuts and jump in a pool of lemon juice, than glitch.

That just sounds insane.

• Anger Personified likes this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:10 AM

In a word: Ethics.

Some have them, some don't.

Money glitching is cheating and if you want to get really technical, could be construed as stealing, since R* has put a tangible dollar figure on GTA$.

You claim that glitching is "no ones expense," but I disagree. I'd about beat that you'd be complaining if someone shot you with a minigun while using a wall breach... Well, what if the only way that player was able to afford that minigun was by glitching money to buy it...?

By the way, that $500 you lost (medical bills) by being shot buy a minigun bought with glitched cash just affected your bank account, as well... Not a major amount, but certainly not "no ones expense."

-Bill
  • cattafett, Headdogg81, Heists and 2 others like this

Gunslinger_GK
  • Gunslinger_GK

STRR Lieutenant

• Members
  • France

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:10 AM Edited by Gunslinger_GK, 14 July 2014 - 03:13 AM.

Really you got every kind of players. Straight legit players, modders, glitchers, grinders. Most players are a combination of these 4 kinds of players i guess.
I for myself am really involved in my crew, we race nearly everyday and have car meets everynights with themed car meets every now and then. Obviously our gaming sessions revolves around car modding (amongst many other things but mostly). And with meets everyday, we nearly all began glitching because it is easier for us to get the cars we want, to sell and replace them when we feel like to.

We all had our first 50 or so racing cars the right way,we all unlocked everything in the game by racing and playing missions together but as the day passed we got bored of grinding the same missions and we began glitching  lately so we could afford the same cars for races/meets and be able to replace them when we needed too.

• ZeroF0rce and GhostZodick like this

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:11 AM

I'd about beat that you'd be complaining if someone shot you with a minigun while using a wall breach... Well, what if the only way that player was able to afford that minigun was by glitching money to buy it...?

-Bill

Thank god you can just leave the session
I see your point but this is when somebody uses common sense

iLLViLLain
  • iLLViLLain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:14 AM Edited by iLLViLLain, 14 July 2014 - 03:14 AM.

The solution is to play offline where DLC items are free and the prices for car customizations are believable and don't burn a hole through your pockets. Recently, after doing what seemed like the 100th time I played Rooftop Rumble, I asked myself, "Why am I working so hard for fake money in a video game especially when I know the servers are one day going to be gone and all the money I collected in it will be gone as well?" I'm sitting there trying to get money for these ridiculously high priced items when I could easily play the story mode where all of these things have already been unlocked and are much cheaper. 

• TCMike likes this

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:14 AM

That just sounds insane.
Glitching virtual money so I can be a free roam murder all with no brains, and have no point in even playing, sounds insane.
  • XAceFusionX, LoA-Phantom, mareepx and 1 other like this

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:15 AM Edited by Medical Cocaine, 14 July 2014 - 03:23 AM.

Money glitching is cheating and if you want to get really technical, could be construed as stealing, since R* has put a tangible dollar figure on GTA$.

You claim that glitching is "no ones expense," but I disagree. I'd about beat that you'd be complaining if someone shot you with a minigun while using a wall breach... Well, what if the only way that player was able to afford that minigun was by glitching money to buy it...?

By the way, that $500 you lost (medical bills) by being shot buy a minigun bought with glitched cash just affected your bank account, as well... Not a major amount, but certainly not "no ones expense."

-Bill

I honestly wouldn't mind, I don't take freemode seriously and see my encounters as a choice. If I get into a gun fight I just deal with whatever is thrown at me and if things aren't fun I join a mission or something. I could also say that the guy who glitched the money for the minigun could have gotten it by grinding, the only difference in the scenario is that the grinder spent way more time doing it.

• Anger Personified and GhostZodick like this

TCMike
  • TCMike

Lazy Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:15 AM

Too risky.  Plus I'm more concerned with ranking up than making money. 

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:16 AM

That just sounds insane.
Glitching virtual money so I can be a free roam murder all with no brains, and have no point in even playing, sounds insane.

Yeah it does. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to be one of those glitchers though...

A glitch is a process, what you do with the money is up to you. 

GhostZodick
  • GhostZodick

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:17 AM

-Bill

That's what "passive mode" is for

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

-Bill

Or common sense

Fluffy Apple
  • Fluffy Apple

I Eat Babies

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:21 AM

For all i care this can be the new "Bitch And Moan" Topic -.-

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:23 AM

For some people, game is their life. For me, game is part of my leisure time. I play the game, I don't work for a game. That's my opinion on money glitching. I don't have 8 hours per day to play the same game. I have a life to live, plus, I have other games waiting me to play as well. If I spend the whole afternoon playing a game and still can't get what I want, why am I even play it? Money glitching only makes the game more enjoyable. that's it.

No offense, but anyone who actually has a real life doesn't share your entitled logic, sorry to burst your bubble.

When you grow up, you realize it isn't always about what YOU want. You wana cheat and glitch money, do it in SP.

Cheating in MP only makes you a sociopath, and a rather sore loser.
  • ParanoiaX and mareepx like this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:24 AM Edited by BLeonard, 14 July 2014 - 03:26 AM.

Why should the honest person have to be the one switching sessions, in effect adjusting their game to the cheaters? Saying "just switch sessions" is proof right there that it can affect others.

How ass-backwards is that...? Telling the honest/legit players to "just leave" while letting the cheaters go about their bullsh*t, anyway? Where else is that type of outlook acceptable?

Besides, what happens when EVERY ROOM has cheaters in it? I remember, back when the "buy a Tank at any rank" glitch was going around... Damn near every session, some ass under rank 70 in a tank... I'd be willing to bet that many of them obtained the tank with glitched money, too.

If an honest/legit player has to spend half an hour of their gametime switching sessions because of cheaters, I'd say that certainly falls into the category of "affecting others' gameplay."

So, again, the honest/legit player having to adjust to the cheater's way of playing... Thought it "didn't affect anyone"...?

-Bill
  • rob602pa, Evershade and mareepx like this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:26 AM

Im a risk taker but dont glitch because i dont suscribe to instant gratification, ive been taught to earn things and i do it in a video game because i prefer the feeling of accomplishmment and also when rumors start flying about Rockstar crackdowns and raids on glitchers, lol, i dont have to sweat a thing.
I dont see anything wrong with people glitching though, as long as they dont cry about the consequences later.
  • Lc gta, LukeMayhem, MatthewH and 3 others like this

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:27 AM

When you grow up, you realize it isn't always about what YOU want. You wana cheat and glitch money, do it in SP.

I agree glitching in a competitive environment like using a mod for god mode or whatever is poor taste. Calling someone a sociopath for glitching money is a it extreme though, and money glitching barely effects anyone.

If anything, I would rather grinders glitch all their money right away so they can get out of the repetitive missions and into other modes so I can have fun and play with them.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:28 AM

Why should the honest person have to be the one switching sessions, in effect adjusting their game to the cheaters? Saying "just switch sessions" is proof right there that it can affect others.

How ass-backwards is that...? Telling the honest/legit players to "just leave" while letting the cheaters go about their bullsh*t, anyway? Where else is that type of outlook acceptable?

Besides, what happens when EVERY ROOM has cheaters in it? I remember, back when the "buy a Tank at any rank" glitch was going around... Damn near every session, some ass under rank 70 in a tank... I'd be willing to bet that many of them obtained the tank with glitched money, too.

If an honest/legit player has to spend half an hour of their gametime switching sessions because of cheaters, I'd say that certainly falls into the category of "affecting others' gameplay."

So, again, the honest/legit player having to adjust to the cheater's way of playing... Thought it "didn't affect anyone"...?

-Bill
Yeah and then what if that "cheater" is a grinder or somebody else who played honestly/legit

Dannnisaur
  • Dannnisaur

Heroic Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:32 AM

Ok I also get why people enjoy the things they bought with "legit" money. I myself find it great when I find myself with about 750k after a few months of doing DM's, Races, whatever I found fun at the time.

But to me the whole vision of seeing a car worth a lot of money and going right, im going to replay this mission for the next few hours until I have this car, and I will feel great driving around in it... it just sounds deluded and feels like a waste of time. 

I mean the expensive rewards are cool and all and are fun to have on the horizon but really they are not that great. 

Think about it this way:

Such as you cannot comprehend the feeling of earning your possesions, I personally cannot comprehend why players such as yourself feel as if you accomplish anything by buying things with glitched money, or simply doing anything at all.

Also, "fun" is a subjective term overall, and you can't really say that something even as trivial as grinding isn't fun for the whole player base of GTA.

Believe it or not, I've actually met players who think glitching is fun, and the thought just makes me shudder. How can someone be so deluded as to think glitching is fun? Where's the gameplay? Why play a game, not to play the game?

• SmokeDat, mareepx and Fetti Debartolo like this

TCMike
  • TCMike

Lazy Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:33 AM

-Bill

Sounds like a problem with griefers, whether they "earned" their imaginary money or not makes no difference. 

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Im a risk taker but dont glitch because i dont suscribe to instant gratification, ive been taught to earn things and i do it in a video game because i prefer the feeling of accomplishmment and also when rumors start flying about Rockstar crackdowns and raids on glitchers, lol, i dont have to sweat a thing.
I dont see anything wrong with people glitching though, as long as they dont cry about the consequences later.

Fair enough that you want to earn things properly. But don't you think exploiting a high paying mission and doing it over and over again sort of breaks the illusion of what you are doing? Arguing from the "Role Player" perspective (because this point you all take in earning your money is in a way a bit like role playing", why even bother taking a stance on saying you earnt your money if you were just going to mechanically and systematically do the same thing over and over again.You are just playing within the rules that Rockstar made, but its not like they matched those rules with natural laws or anything. 

To me someone who is grinding something over and over in a systematic fashion is a sign that they want more than what the rules offer to them, they are trying to stretch the boundaries as much as possible. But if you look at it in the most realistic fashion, at the end of the day selling a copy of a car for 500k isn't all that different from firing rockets into a carpark, its all pretty much the same sh*t when you are looking at it in a systematic way. Only difference is one way only makes you deal with that sh*t for about 20 minutes.

• Anger Personified and ZeroF0rce like this

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:33 AM Edited by GrandTheftBatman, 14 July 2014 - 03:33 AM.

Because they value this game a different way than you do.

Perhaps money isn't on everyone's minds as "fun"...

So the grinders think that playing the same mission for hours is fun? Dat logic.

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

I agree glitching in a competitive environment like using a mod for god mode or whatever is poor taste. Calling someone a sociopath for glitching money is a it extreme though, and money glitching barely effects anyone.

If anything, I would rather grinders glitch all their money right away so they can get out of the repetitive missions and into other modes so I can have fun and play with them.
The problem is that glitchers are doing it so they can have the best of everything without doing anything in hopes they don't have to work their way up and possibly get owned by someone with veteran status and skill.

People are not glitching to enjoy the game more, its to prevent them from losing/looking like what they would consider, a little bitch. Pretty weak, if you ask me.
  • ParanoiaX and mareepx like this

Dannnisaur
  • Dannnisaur

Heroic Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:34 AM

Ok I also get why people enjoy the things they bought with "legit" money. I myself find it great when I find myself with about 750k after a few months of doing DM's, Races, whatever I found fun at the time.

But to me the whole vision of seeing a car worth a lot of money and going right, im going to replay this mission for the next few hours until I have this car, and I will feel great driving around in it... it just sounds deluded and feels like a waste of time. 

I mean the expensive rewards are cool and all and are fun to have on the horizon but really they are not that great. 

Think about it this way:

Such as you cannot comprehend the feeling of earning your possesions, I personally cannot comprehend why players such as yourself feel as if you accomplish anything by buying things with glitched money, or simply doing anything at all.

Also, "fun" is a subjective term overall, and you can't really say that something even as trivial as grinding isn't fun for the whole player base of GTA.

Believe it or not, I've actually met players who think glitching is fun, and the thought just makes me shudder. How can someone be so deluded as to think glitching is fun? Where's the gameplay? Why play a game, not to play the game?

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Keepin' it 100

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:35 AM

One word and that PRIDE. Some people have always worked hard for sh*t in life while others cut corners and get handouts. Imo glitching is a cheap way of getting things that are supposed to be earned with some time & patience. Now i can also understand the frustration of R* stubbornness to fix the f*cked up payouts of the missions in this game and the fact that most stuff in this game is ridiculously expensive for how little we get paid. There will always be glitchers but maybe R* would raise the payouts by 2-3x then people may do more jobs and less glitching.
  • ZeroF0rce, rob602pa and Fetti Debartolo like this

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:36 AM

Think about it this way:

Such as you cannot comprehend the feeling of earning your possesions....

• Anger Personified likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users