Why don't money grinders simply glitch?

363 replies to this topic
Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:38 AM

For now lets ignore all those ignorant grinders who live under a rock and have no idea they can save hours of time by glitching.

Im simply wondering, when faced with the choice of glitching a few million dollars at no ones expense in about an hour as opposed to doing the same mission/set of missions with people over and over for days just to stock up on money for god knows what reason, why do they choose the tedious option instead of the blatantly obvious option of glitching to get the money?

• return-to-innocence, Diesleman, Lesbian_farts and 3 others like this

Ruuussia
  • Ruuussia

VW Lover

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:41 AM

It's not funny

Joekill95
  • Joekill95

The Observer

• Members
  • United-States

Glitching requires a certain risk.

Some decide that they aren't risk takers.

Simple.

• livejoker, Grimase, Lesbian_farts and 6 others like this

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:41 AM Edited by Medical Cocaine, 14 July 2014 - 02:43 AM.

eh

Xyn
  • Xyn

クロテンライジン

• The Connection
  • None

Because they value this game a different way than you do.

Perhaps money isn't on everyone's minds as "fun"...

• Black Rabbit, MantisFang, hei3enberg and 14 others like this

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:42 AM

That's a stupid question, don't you think?

Some people actually get caught doing that.

• VirtCurve320, LeopardGecko and fERON like this

Gunslinger_GK
  • Gunslinger_GK

STRR Lieutenant

• Members
  • France

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:42 AM

For now lets ignore all those ignorant grinders who live under a rock and have no idea they can save hours of time by glitching.

Im simply wondering, when faced with the choice of glitching a few million dollars at no ones expense in about an hour as opposed to doing the same mission/set of missions with people over and over for days just to stock up on money for god knows what reason, why do they choose the tedious option instead of the blatantly obvious option of glitching to get the money?

Obviously because they want to feel like they earned their money and because they play the way they want.
I have both grinded and glitched money, still i rather spend grinded money. I also get more attached to the cars i got by doing missions. 

• livejoker, XAceFusionX, tfroam and 2 others like this

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:45 AM Edited by Medical Cocaine, 14 July 2014 - 02:46 AM.

It's not funny

...are you lost?

Obviously because they want to feel like they earned their money.... 

That just sounds insane.

Right....so why grind?

• return-to-innocence, godziller, Shotty Pop and 3 others like this

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

I guess someone is upset over their previous topic being in shambles.

• SimsDaniel916, mrkush90, A Maned Wolf and 3 others like this

yakuza65
  • yakuza65

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

i havent heard of any glitching techniques for xbox, only ps3.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:46 AM

some dont have balls, others do...

thats the difference!
  • Ninja_Gear, GroundZero, serpentoflight and 7 others like this

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Foot Soldier

• Members

I like playing GTA Online, I don't want to risk having my account trashed by R* because I actively glitched money, and I have $7m in my balance anyway from legitimate game earnings.

• LeopardGecko and sebcreed like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

クロテンライジン

• The Connection
  • None

Right....so why grind?

Maybe they enjoy the game that way...just like you enjoy it without any goals.

• morrami2000, mareepx, Arazern and 1 other like this

TheSkullmasher
  • TheSkullmasher

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:47 AM

It's like buying the "Unlock all weapons" packs for Battlefield.

Yes, you can easily cut to the chase and have everything in the game... but then what? You play the game with no goal, and it runs stale. FAST.

• blakeney, morrami2000, djdest and 1 other like this

XAceFusionX
  • XAceFusionX

Future Hollister Model

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:47 AM

Obviously because they want to feel like they earned their money and because they play the way they want.
I have both grinded and glitched money, still i rather spend grinded money. I also get more attached to the cars i got by doing missions.
This, 100%. I felt more attached to the cars that I've earned by grinding, rather than glitching it. It makes me feel as if there is no reason to play if you glitch the money. You could do it multiple times and then everything becomes worthless.
  • Crunch McThornbody, tfroam and mareepx like this

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:48 AM Edited by Medical Cocaine, 14 July 2014 - 02:48 AM.

Ok comments about risk are well called for, didn't really think about that.

Right....so why grind?

So you are saying they don't care about the money, they actually enjoy playing the same mission over and over for days? Also where is that assumption about my playstyle coming from?

• return-to-innocence and Bozzah like this

ZeroSafe5615
  • ZeroSafe5615

Waiting for my PS4 to arrive.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:48 AM

i havent heard of any glitching techniques for xbox, only ps3.

They work on both consoles.

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

Pretty much this.

Grinding isn't hard. Does it take time? Yes but it's not that much compared to the time I'll be in my buzzard or a new car. Every car in my garage was bought/modded with money I made the "real" way. I did glitch but way before the millionaire days so all I own now is paid by myself, not some faulty game coding. I see your point, OP, but it would be like asking why people kill one another in freeroam and not do a deathmatch instead. People will always have a preference. You can't just ask "why are those peasants doing such a boring thing when you can do this QUICK AND EASY XTREME MONEY EDITION GLITCH 2014!!!!111!". You can see why people don't want to be part of a certain crowd.

• morrami2000, LittleB and mareepx like this

Supreme Gentlemen
  • Supreme Gentlemen

Requested Ban

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

Grinding during day-time.........glitching during nightime.

Fun Plan since I dont have anything else to do 

• JetsRLove likes this

Co3r4_5h4rK
  • Co3r4_5h4rK

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:50 AM

It's not funny

Glitching requires a certain risk.

Some decide that they aren't risk takers.

Simple.

Because they value this game a different way than you do.

I like playing GTA Online, I don't want to risk having my account trashed by R* because I actively glitched money, and I have $7m in my balance anyway from legitimate game earnings.

Right....so why grind?

Because of this, this, this, this, this, this and this.. and voila.. now move on..

• Gunslinger_GK likes this

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:50 AM

It's like buying the "Unlock all weapons" packs for Battlefield.

Yes, you can easily cut to the chase and have everything in the game... but then what? You play the game with no goal, and it runs stale. FAST.

Gonna have to disagree with this
  • xonic likes this

Xyn
  • Xyn

クロテンライジン

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

So you are saying they don't care about the money, they actually enjoy playing the same mission over and over for days? Also where is that assumption about my playstyle coming from?

Seeing how you seem to defend glitching so wholeheartedly, one can only deduce...

In all honesty, I really don't care about money. I have enough fun playing with my crew by either goofing around in FR or doing playlists. Having every supercar/sports/whatever at once matters very little to me.

• rob602pa likes this

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

Ok I also get why people enjoy the things they bought with "legit" money. I myself find it great when I find myself with about 750k after a few months of doing DM's, Races, whatever I found fun at the time.

But to me the whole vision of seeing a car worth a lot of money and going right, im going to replay this mission for the next few hours until I have this car, and I will feel great driving around in it... it just sounds deluded and feels like a waste of time. 

I mean the expensive rewards are cool and all and are fun to have on the horizon but really they are not that great. 

Gunslinger_GK
  • Gunslinger_GK

STRR Lieutenant

• Members
  • France

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:54 AM

It's not funny

...are you lost?

That just sounds insane.

Never played any RPG ? The whole genre lays on building your characters, earning your skills/weapons/everything by playing the game even after you beat the storyline. 

It's one of the oldest game-design mechanics, it adds depth to the game. This is why we have level-locked content, so the players can progress thru the game, and actually have a goal to keep on playing and leveling.

Anyone can play the game the way they want to.

• ParanoiaX, A Maned Wolf, tfroam and 1 other like this

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

The Dark Below

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:54 AM

Some people like to be legit and other don't care. Simple as that. Could also have to do with not wanting to take the a risk however small it may be.

• zenifystone likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:55 AM

Should be asking about the grinders who bitch about "needing" to grind to make money.

• BitPieStudios likes this

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:57 AM

It's not funny

...are you lost?

That just sounds insane.

Never played any RPG ? The whole genre lays on building your characters, earning your skills/weapons/everything by playing the game even after you beat the storyline. 

It's one of the oldest game-design mechanics, it adds depth to the game. This is why we have level-locked content, so the players can progress thru the game, and actually have a goal to keep on playing and leveling.

Anyone can play the game the way they want to.

...yeah I get the concept of an RPG, but it works poorly in this game. This is more of a sandbox game with fun stuff to do. The satisfaction gained from working towards those "goals" you all speak of lasts only momentarily, you would have to be severely deluded to still take pride in driving a 750k+ car a week later for grinding a mission hours on end.

• return-to-innocence, Diesleman and Mr. Crowley like this

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:57 AM

How about you don't glitch or grind? That's how I play anyway.

At least the grinders can sleep well at night. Glitchers could very well wake up one morning to an empty bank account, and a bad sport lobby.
  • Nomad0202 likes this

Co3r4_5h4rK
  • Co3r4_5h4rK

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

I mean the expensive rewards are cool and all and are fun to have on the horizon but really they are not that great. 

Driving my Futo is more fun than driving my Zentorno..

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

Should be asking about the grinders who bitch about "needing" to grind to make money.

mmm, thats also part of the package. There is this strange deluded "need" going around in the air that the big bucks are a fundamental need or drive of the game. Whats up with that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users