Can we request, and is it possible..

73 replies to this topic
SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

To actually ban money glitchers from GTA:O in general?

I mean, not let them in. At all. Including the people on YT who continously show the glitches.

Maybe it can even be an offense thing.

First offense: Money sweep to 0 dollars.

Second offense: Lose all your cars [Can be added to first offense. Maybe make this one: Cheater pool for five months]

Third offense: You're out. Ban from GTA:O for two months?

Does this sound fair? Would it decrease the cheating?

• Iroquois, ivarblaauw, ten-a-penny and 4 others like this

Ikeblaster
  • Ikeblaster

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:38 AM

f*ck no!

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:39 AM

Why don't you just let Rockstar deal with it? Unless this somehow affects your life to have people glitch  for money 

• meatrocket8, GrottiCollector and godziller like this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:43 AM

f*ck no!

And why not? 

Why don't you just let Rockstar deal with it? Unless this somehow affects your life to have people glitch  for money 

It doesn't effect my life. But it effects my gameplay. This just gives them one more excuse to delay updates because a bunch of geeks thinks it's cool to mod games, because they can't play a game fairly.

Want my honest opinion? I'd permban them from Online after their second time exploiting or helping create ANY glitch like the one out now. 

When I get home from work, and the gym, and don't have plans? I game. 

I like GTA:O. I like updates. I don't like a bunch of asinine morons ruining it for us who play fair.

• Iroquois, ten-a-penny and gizmonomono like this

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

The Wombatopug!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:45 AM

I mean, not let them in. At all. Including the people on YT who continously show the glitches.

Second offense: Lose all your cars [Can be added to first offense. Maybe make this one: Cheater pool for five months]

Yes, it's fair. I like it.

f*ck no!

Reason?
  • Iroquois, ten-a-penny and gizmonomono like this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:46 AM

Only reason people would say no is guilt. Or lack of being informed. 

Pick and choose.

• tfroam likes this

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

I listen to Nickelback

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:48 AM

f*ck no!

And why not? 

It doesn't effect my life. But it effects my gameplay. This just gives them one more excuse to delay updates because a bunch of geeks thinks it's cool to mod games, because they can't play a game fairly.

Want my honest opinion? I'd permban them from Online after their second time exploiting or helping create ANY glitch like the one out now. 

When I get home from work, and the gym, and don't have plans? I game. 

I like GTA:O. I like updates. I don't like a bunch of asinine morons ruining it for us who play fair.

Cool to MOD games? Nobody's modding anything, lol.

I love money glitching, most of the satisfaction comes from the fact that I'm getting everything I want in the game without falling prey to R*'s cash card bullsh*t. 

Of course, you're obviously one of those people who seriously believe that glitches are the reason why hists keep getting delayed, am I right or am I right?

• meatrocket8 and SebringCoupeLol like this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:50 AM

"who doesn't fall for r*'s cash car" 
Stopped caring there.

Just play the damn missions. I made about 90k in about two hours last night. My god.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:51 AM

What you are talking about can already happen OP.

The bigger question is why do you care if Sugar Free Nos has more money than you?

• ZeroF0rce, marco-polo and Sugar Free Nos like this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:54 AM

What you are talking about can already happen OP.

The bigger question is why do you care if Sugar Free Nos has more money than you?

I don't.

I care more so about how time on actual updates are wasted due to idiots doing this. That, and I just don't like people exploiting games. Look at what happened to GTA 4, and now RDR. 

They ruin games for decent players.  What starts off as something small and harmless, gradually builds up.

• Iroquois and ten-a-penny like this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:54 AM

You can ban them when R* increases they payouts double/triple-fold, which will never happen.

Stopped caring there.

Just play the damn missions. I made about 90k in about two hours last night. My god.

Ohh my gosh, $90k!?  That's a Panto right there! So cool!! -___-

• Luk38644, manicmechanic71, GrottiCollector and 3 others like this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:57 AM

You can ban them when R* increases they payouts double/triple-fold, which will never happen.

Stopped caring there.

Ohh my gosh, $90k!?  That's a Panto right there! So cool!! -___-

...You missed the point.

So, I make 90k at about 12 am, with a few friends then we goof off.

Do it again another night. It adds up to 180k. Keep going over time. And that's just in a general two hour time span of doing Martin and Lester missions on hard. 

Days I have off: Take about 7 hours of here and there mission grinding or just DM and race playing. Can get up pretty fast to the mils.

I save it. I wait. 

Why do you need all that money so fast anyway?

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:01 AM

I don't understand why someone needs more than $10m tbh..
  • meatrocket8, SideburnGuru and tfroam like this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

I'd say it's possible, but, especially in the case of PS3, what stops someone from just making another account...?

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that this whole "dead hooker in the car" glitch could very well result in the whole "re-arrange your garage" feature being removed, at least until they can get it so that it isn't able to be used for unintended purposes. when and if that feature is removed, that'll end the discussion on the whole "money glitchers don't hurt anyone else" myth. It's been busted twice already, once in January when the servers came down to remove modded cash and again when the content creator had to be removed for a period of time.

IMO, what needed to happen was R* coming down a lot earlier and a lot harder from day 1 than they did. Here's what I would have done:

First Offense: Cash reset to 0, including anything bought with illegit cash.
Second Offense: Character Reset. Start from the Tutorial again
Third Offense: Character Slot Locked

Also, anyone posting a YouTube video of a glitch automatically escalates to a second offense. One for doing the glitch, one for sharing it. I don't understand why R* has continued to allow these things to be posted. They should have contacted YouTube and had anything other than just regular gameplay content removed. If they had, people would know YouTubers like domislive as "The guy that got his character reset after showing a money glitch"... Instead, R* features him and his channel.

In short, I'm sure it could be done, but the question is, how much desire does R* have to actually do it...?

-Bill
  • ten-a-penny, tfroam, BitPieStudios and 2 others like this

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Stopped caring there.

Can't wait to see how far 90k gets you when the next DLC comes out. I used to be like you, and then I saw though Rockstars bullsh*t practices. They bullsh*t me, I'll bullsh*t them, monkey see monkey do.

• Awesom-0 likes this

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:03 AM

Money glitches also include the infamous Multiple Armoured Truck Spawn bug...which actually happens at random for some and may get them banned for being in the wrong session.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:07 AM

Stopped caring there.

Can't wait to see how far 90k gets you when the next DLC comes out. I used to be like you, and then I saw though Rockstars bullsh*t practices. They bullsh*t me, I'll bullsh*t them, monkey see monkey do.

Since it only takes about two hours every night, do a bit of math and multiply about 90,000 x 7. 

Just to see how much can be made in a week. Or, do it x 14. 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:15 AM

You think money glitches delay updates :lol:

I'm sure the entire development team all drops everything to patch 1 money glitch XD

• meatrocket8 likes this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:24 AM

Can't wait to see how far 90k gets you when the next DLC comes out.

Well, let's look at the Independence Day content:

For females, the cost for every clothing item was $81,585
For males, the cost for every clothing item was $104,595

So, in either case, $90k would get you pretty darn far to acquiring all of it, if you wanted it all, that is.

IIRC, the musket and fireworks launcher total ran about $75k... So, another couple hours for those things.

Not counting the vehicles, since it's been announced that those are permanent additions, so no rush to buy them.

So, 2 hours for all the female clothes, 2 hours for the male clothes (if you even have 2 chars) and 2 hours for each of the weapons for each char adds up to a whopping 8 hours for all of the DLC that's been out for 2 weeks now...

8 hours of gameplay in 2 weeks averaging $45k per hour... Could be done quicker, I'm sure, if you really wanted to. That's less than 2.4% of the time that the update has been out and will only shrink the longer it's been out... Keep in mind, this is limited time DLC... Most of the DLC's have no time limit on how long you have to buy them.

Money glitches also include the infamous Multiple Armoured Truck Spawn bug...which actually happens at random for some and may get them banned for being in the wrong session.

I'd disagree with that, since, as you said, it happens at random. The Armored Trucks were meant to be attacked and stolen from... Things like the arrange garage circle were not meant to be used a s a way to duplicate cars.

There's a difference between having multiple Armored Trucks pop up, which is out of your control and using a feature of the game for a completely different and unintended purpose that it was meant to be used for.

-Bill
  • RoyalRedXIII likes this

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:31 AM

Put bullet into their faces.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:37 AM

I'm sure the entire development team all drops everything to patch 1 money glitch XD

Probably not... But, what could happen is, they plan to release an update on say, this coming Tuesday and because of the new money glitch, they hold back the update until they can incorporate a fix for this new money glitch into that update.

In short, while the "design" part of the team could have their part of 1.16 done and ready, this new money glitch could put a delay into 1.16 being released, until the "glitch patchers" part of the team is working on a fix to include with 1.16.

IOW: "Design Team" done with 1.16, working on 1.17 while "Glitch Patch Team" working on their half of 1.16 (which now will include a patch for the new hooker glitch)... Patch 1.16 doesn't come out until the "Glitch Patch Team" has finished with their half, even if the "Design Team" is onto the next update already.

Would make perfect sense to me and could be comfortably described as a "money glitch delaying an update." It would also explain why R* hasn't given any advance notice of the past two updates... They don't want to announce something and the weekend before, have a money glitch (or something else) pop up and possibly have to delay an announced release date because of it.

If there is no advanced announcement, there can't be a delay...

-Bill
  • SideburnGuru and tfroam like this

Co3r4_5h4rK
  • Co3r4_5h4rK

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:38 AM

Well I like the idea..

They don't delay updates.. and that's stupid to think that way.. but the game isn't fair anymore.. I don't own a tank or a Buzzard yet 'cause I'm saving my money for it, I play the game the way it was intended.. now all I see is a bunch of modded Zens or tanks or buzzards and that's kind of boring

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:38 AM Edited by SideburnGuru, 14 July 2014 - 02:39 AM.

Prove to me they don't. You all pretend to be experts. Prove to me a good portion of the team also in charge of updates don't have to shift some of their focuses on the exploits that come out. 

Another user also proved ANOTHER way it delays an update.

GG

• Iroquois likes this

-Velox
  • -Velox

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:39 AM

This is the type of guy who ruins the fun.

I would hate to party with you.

GhostZodick
  • GhostZodick

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:41 AM

Rockstar need to keep people playing the game. Money glitching doesn't actually "hurt" anyone, it only hurts your feeling cause you think it is unfair. If you Rockstart ban all the accounts who glitched for money, the gaming population will decrease drastically. Some people may never play the game again since they lost everything (level, cars, properties, clothes, and all other collections).

By the way, in the real world, if you find a loophole in the law, you can use it to make money legitimately until the legislator fix it.

Xyn
  • Xyn

Dⱥrk Pp Tys

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

I agree OP...but these forums don't.

Besides, If R* doesn't seem to care, why should we?

• SideburnGuru likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

Prove to me they don't. You all pretend to be experts. Prove to me a good portion of the team also in charge of updates don't have to shift some of their focuses on the exploits that come out. 

Another user also proved ANOTHER way it delays an update.

GG

You speak of the development team like it's the size of the Mortal Kombat 1 Development team.

What proof do you need when it's merely common sense?  Except for stupid heists, updates have been releasing very consistently, and there's been a crap ton of various glitches throughout GTA's history.

If you're going to hate on money glitching, use a valid reason.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:52 AM

Rockstar need to keep people playing the game. Money glitching doesn't actually "hurt" anyone, it only hurts your feeling cause you think it is unfair. If you Rockstart ban all the accounts who glitched for money, the gaming population will decrease drastically. Some people may never play the game again since they lost everything (level, cars, properties, clothes, and all other collections).

By the way, in the real world, if you find a loophole in the law, you can use it to make money legitimately until the legislator fix it.

OK, why does "Rockstar need to keep people playing the game," especially cheaters? R* already got the money for the game from them and let's be real, if they're glitching millions upon millions without being punished, they aren't buying cash cards and as a result, aren't a source of R*'s income... So again, why does R* "need" these people to keep playing? if anything, they're costing R* money due to stolen GTA$ and they use the servers free of charge (those servers don't run on fairy dust and unicorn farts, you know).

This is like a retail store saying "Don't prosecute shoplifters, we need people to shop here." The shoplifters aren't making the company money and in fact, are costing the company money.

-Bill
  • SideburnGuru likes this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Dⱥrk Pp Tys

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

OK, why does "Rockstar need to keep people playing the game," especially cheaters?
-Bill

Statistics for the suits & ties at Take-Two.

The more people play, the more likely their chances to keep their funding to keep their projects for Online alive.

If they experience a sudden drop, the suits will deem it because the project is no longer worth it...they won't listen to R*'s Online dev team for any other reason.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:11 AM Edited by Accendo, 14 July 2014 - 03:14 AM.

OK, why does "Rockstar need to keep people playing the game," especially cheaters? R* already got the money for the game from them and let's be real, if they're glitching millions upon millions without being punished, they aren't buying cash cards and as a result, aren't a source of R*'s income... So again, why does R* "need" these people to keep playing? if anything, they're costing R* money due to stolen GTA$ and they use the servers free of charge (those servers don't run on fairy dust and unicorn farts, you know).

This is like a retail store saying "Don't prosecute shoplifters, we need people to shop here." The shoplifters aren't making the company money and in fact, are costing the company money.

-Bill
That's a failed comparison. The goods in GTAO are potentially infinite. The goods at a shop irl are not.
I believe Rockstar is going to release some sort of paid DLC in the future and keeping players active by not banning them would very much in their favour if that is the case.
  • HopalongCasidy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users