Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you actually like the DMs detection system?

51 replies to this topic

Poll: DM Detection Systen (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the GTA Online DM Detection System?

1. Yes, it's fine like that. (18 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. No, i want it to be changed. (42 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

I mostly be the power play in TDMs at start and this makes me mad. Only way to handle this is revealing players. There is another thing that makes me double mad; hiding blip. When a player is in a losing streak, he has the chance of hiding their blip on radar and when he chooses to do that, you can't see them on map, even if you call Lester to reveal. Major disadvantage for the enemy. 

I'll go from Power Player, to hot sniper target, to not the power player. 

Rockstar does this nonsense to keep the sh*tty players interested. Same as "catchup" in racing... its nonsense

• Rwande likes this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Good Pals with Yer Maw!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

I must be the only person to think the DMs on this game are better than COD and the likes. The fact that you can make your own DMs to get them just how you would like a map to be is sweet and better than most games.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

R* in a nutshell can be retarded.

They want pvp game modes but don't want players playing 'better' to have an advantage over the players playing 'worse'..  Which always boggles my mind.

I myself have never like players who complain about campers.  And i've never liked AUTO AIM.

But here we have R* making changes to pvp to better make it a Wack-a-Mole Simulator then and actual death match.

Because...little Jimmy camping is sooo bad right?

I camp ASAP in AA PVP.  Dafuk else am i gonna do?  Move around?....

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Bethesda fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

They want pvp game modes but don't want players playing 'better' to have an advantage over the players playing 'worse'..  Which always boggles my mind.

I myself have never like players who complain about campers.  And i've never liked AUTO AIM.

But here we have R* making changes to pvp to better make it a Wack-a-Mole Simulator then and actual death match.

I once told my brother "Why don't you stay there killing everybody" He said "Because that's called camping and i don't do that"

His wise words made me tell myself in all competitive pvp games to not to camp. It's part of me already, but i'm not going to argue with you, i know everyone has their own playstyles, you payed $74 to play the game how you want.

• HexagoN likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

I once told my brother "Why don't you stay there killing everybody" He said "Because that's called camping and i don't do that"

His wise words made me tell myself in all competitive pvp games to not to camp. It's part of me already, but i'm not going to argue with you, i know everyone has their own playstyles, you payed $74 to play the game how you want.

Ok explain to me why its wrong to camp?  Just wondering... 

Because 'he doesn't do that'....is not a good answer.

The point of PVP is die less and kill more..  Not run around and like an angry chicken spamming lock ons.

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:57 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 14 July 2014 - 05:03 PM.

The point of PVP is die less and kill more..  Not run around and like an angry chicken spamming lock ons.

it all depends what you consider camping... 

if your motto is "hiding behind a little box just hoping someone might walk past" then yeah thats bad...

if your motto is "securing a larger area down to gain an advantage" then that can be good camping...

i know if your the guy behind the little box your only gonna fool me once... cuz an RPG is coming your way...

i tend to go out of my way to flank the little campers out of their comfort spots and into a spawn point from hell lol.

same for "off the map DM snipers"... 

you should always be on the move to keep your opponent on his toes... and it really depends on which maps for what is a better tactic...

at the end of the day a kill is a kill...

redpoint
  • redpoint

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:00 PM Edited by redpoint, 14 July 2014 - 05:02 PM.

The only thing I don't like is if an enemy is nearby he automatically pops up on your radar. Its like, why? 

And you know your enemy can see you as well, so it just creates a camping standoff. 

Even if they're on a different floor in a building, or round the corner, or behind a wall, you can see them on the map. 

It makes the whole noise/stealth system completely pointless. 

The only time you should ever be able to see someone on  the radar is if you pay to reveal them from Lester, if they're shooting a gun follow the noise, we're not soldiers on the game, we're criminals, why is it every Jim, Bob and Harry can pinpoint someone's EXACT location from the gunshots, why can't we just use our heads? 

EDIT: On the camping issue above me, gamers generally dislike camping because its like a "dick move", its just the stigma associated with it.

But you better believe in an auto-aim lobby if you're moving around you might as well snatch the gun off your enemies and pop yourself in the head. The only time you should move in AA is to switch between cover.

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:07 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 14 July 2014 - 05:07 PM.

The only thing I don't like is if an enemy is nearby he automatically pops up on your radar. Its like, why? 

And you know your enemy can see you as well, so it just creates a camping standoff. 

Even if they're on a different floor in a building, or round the corner, or behind a wall, you can see them on the map. 

eh, i dont think thats exactly true... their is something that is triggering them to pop up on the map... i can think of so many times i blindly walk right into the guy hiding on the side of a van only to know after its too late...

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Bethesda fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

When the hell did i say it was wrong to camp? I DID say you could play how you like and you COULD camp, i'm OK with people camping because who am i to tell them how they need to play, if a friend of mine camps, i let them be because that's how they like to play, i "run like an angry chicken spamming lock ons" because that's my playstyle. I started to rush when my brother told me that and i have played like that since that moment, it's part of me. My answer is that i think killing while you camp is so easy and cheap, that i want something more challenging, and, like i already said, is my main playstyle now so there's really answer at all. And it makes more sense because when i'm in a killing spree is better to go running and gunning than camping because the detection system is bs.

If i come at you in a DM (that i don't think so since you friend said that you didn't like AA) and you start camping, i'tll be all ok, because it's my decision to go runnig like an angry chicken spamming the lock on.

However i respect and like your philosophy, kill more and die less, no matter what, you want to win.

• HexagoN likes this

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

UFC IN THE FUKCING SKY DUMB FUKCING SH1T maps

LMFAO I don't understand why these are so popular either.

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Bethesda fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

UFC IN THE FUKCING SKY DUMB FUKCING SH1T maps

LMFAO I don't understand why these are so popular either.

Because they're unique bro! Glitched containers in the sky i mean they're f*cking unique everyone needs to see them! They'll get f*cking verified!

• HexagoN likes this

Duality Scarlet
  • Duality Scarlet

Rat

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:39 PM Edited by Duality Scarlet, 14 July 2014 - 05:49 PM.

If you play free aim dms then the detection system works just fine.

What I don't like is the power play.. Since when should you pop up on the minimap when you're doing good?
Oh and they should nerf the "reveal players" feature.. Aaand get rid of thoses stupid filters.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

the only thing that keep me from playing DM mode is the stupid flashing screen that impaire the vision once youre in a killing or losing streak

hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Nope, it made auto-aim deathmatches even worse than they already are.

i love the auto aim, i just wish they wouldn't hide the dots in the minimap.

• CBas1220 likes this

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Bethesda fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:58 PM Edited by Mikelo, 14 July 2014 - 05:59 PM.

If you play free aim dms then the detection system works just fine.

What I don't like is the power play.. Since when should you pop up on the minimap when you're doing good?
Oh and they should nerf the "reveal players" feature.. Aaand get rid of thoses stupid filters.

I totally agree with you, it's like you make a lot of noise when you're doing good or something?

I use the reveal players when someone uses it too or when i get constantly detected for being the power player.

Oh and the filters? I have a big enough TV with HDMI and i got used to them, once you get those filters all the time for getting killstreaks you can play just fine with them.

Rwande
  • Rwande

psychopath

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Rwande, 4 weeks ago.

I mostly be the power play in TDMs at start and this makes me mad. Only way to handle this is revealing players. There is another thing that makes me double mad; hiding blip. When a player is in a losing streak, he has the chance of hiding their blip on radar and when he chooses to do that, you can't see them on map, even if you call Lester to reveal. Major disadvantage for the enemy. 

lets face it, the one with the loosing streak will get dropped within 30 sec. one player has no enough firepower to drop more than 3 max 5 within this time even if hes a camping ass bitch. and seriously... is there any A list player using hide blip when on loosing streak? cmon

hah... freezing... stuck in clouds... just wait until they fix gettin shot mid roll (f*cks me up more than anything else) and the general lag in dm for next gen - never. r* has a bunch of experts to ignore all incoming mails with meaningful suggestions...

btw detection is excellent in dm. you just need to know how to use it for ur own advantage...

CBas1220
  • CBas1220

Ol' Painless

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

They need to bring back old school GTA IV deathmatches, no stealth, blips on/off (at the hosts discretion)... they should've saved that stealth crap for free-mode IMO ...dunno why the implemented new features in Online racing, but totally snubbed DMs... hope they add stuff in the future...

Rwande
  • Rwande

psychopath

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Rwande, 4 weeks ago.

maybe learn how to play this f*cking game. yall mofos whos crying about the very basic combat mechanism (roll? learn it. counter roll? learn it. dodging bullets? learn it) and all the fully unnecessary 'helps' that this game provides to make it HELL A LOT easier for noobs can go and f*ck yourselves. LEARN TO PLAY THIS VERY f*ckIN SIMPLE GAME and stop bitching around like a 2 yr old babyboy.

period.

ktek01
  • ktek01

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Definitely needs some tweaking. Line of sight is garbage, they cant see me or I cant see them but still show up on the map? Then they come running close by clopping down the street like a Clydesdale and dont show up? The worst are the filters though, absolutely pointless, annoying, and distracting. I would like options added like they did for racing. Radar off matches would be a blast, and they could have free roam like radar matches for those who would prefer it. Just give us the options. 

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

All I want for Christmas is proper matchmaking. :(

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

The "reveal all player" option needs to be removed. It's basically a Black Ops Blackbird that costs $500. ._.

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by H8GodMode, 4 weeks ago.

Reveal players should be an optional feature, along with Power player...

yet their idea of options is turn off gamer tags... that sh*t dont even make much of a difference...

they give all the racing babies the options to turn everything off to create fairness then why not in DM...

its bullsh*t when i get in a match and the whole team is revealing every minute...

and its even bigger BS when im in a crew v crew tdm, and after saying "dont call lester, were not using that" they start losing and all of a sudden "xBabyLoserx has revealed players for $500"

and the Power Player system is f*cked...he becomes a target and when the opponent gets the kill, they get the stupid testosterone and you have to put 2x as many bullets in em to kill them, and they kill with quad damage, ie- 2 bullets? FU for catering to the babies

/rant

Rwande
  • Rwande

psychopath

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

They must give option to turn off reveal players, set ANY forced weapon on ANY map. Such f*ckin basics but no DM players going and take a minute to write it down to R*. Races are far more popular, so R* got far more complains and suggestion to change the way it works as for DM no doubt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users