Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you actually like the DMs detection system?

51 replies to this topic

Poll: DM Detection Systen (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the GTA Online DM Detection System?

1. Yes, it's fine like that. (18 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. No, i want it to be changed. (42 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Kingpin

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:13 AM Edited by Mikelo, 14 July 2014 - 01:40 AM.

Hello,

I came here GTA Forums members to ask you a question, do you like the detection system that the DMs actually have?

Yes or no and why?

I'll give you a brief resume of how the DM detection system is based in my own experience as an every-day deathmatch player. If you think you already know how this system works, i invite you to skip the spoiler, however, you are free to see my short resume about the dm detection system if you want to.

Spoiler

• TheMckeever likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

This action will have consequences...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:32 AM

The way I wish the made it is to only get spotted if you're in the line of sight of someone, but only if you're close. Far away, they shouldn't be able to see you.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:36 AM

Nope, it made auto-aim deathmatches even worse than they already are.

Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

JOHNNIE TEE IN THE HOUSE

• Members
  • Senegal

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:37 AM Edited by frankenstein107, 14 July 2014 - 01:37 AM.

I liek it.

Keeps things balanced. 

That's why you play free aim. :)

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:38 AM

I imagine those disadvantages suck in AA...

But based on my FA experience, I'm quite content with the current system.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:39 AM

I liek it.

Keeps things balanced. 

It sucks in free aim too.  No reason why I appear on the map just because some dude miles away is in my line of sight >:l

Makes it impossible sometimes to sneak up on people.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:40 AM

Was sh*t from the beginning, even if you don't see the player your character still does, which is cheap to me.

Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

JOHNNIE TEE IN THE HOUSE

• Members
  • Senegal

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:42 AM

I liek it.

Keeps things balanced. 

It sucks in free aim too.  No reason why I appear on the map just because some dude miles away is in my line of sight >:l

Max out your stealth stat, helps out a lot.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Shum Shum, Schlippity Dup.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:44 AM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 14 July 2014 - 01:44 AM.

That doesn't help. I have max stealth on both of my characters, most guns suppressed, but even if I'm hiding in a bush, I still pop up on the radar. Hiding in plain sight died with whatever patch this stupid feature came in with... :(

• Biohazard Abyss, vipprimo and G37 like this

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:49 AM

I'll start off by saying that I HATE the use of Lester in T/DMs. So it blows my mind that with how EASY it is now to show up on the mini-map that people are STILL using it.

If I wanted this kind of garbage I'd stay in Free Roam. But no.

- It's a terrible system.

- Phone Services On/Off needs to be a lobby option.

• Zorvaine and NubcakeVII like this

Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

JOHNNIE TEE IN THE HOUSE

• Members
  • Senegal

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:52 AM

That doesn't help. I have max stealth on both of my characters, most guns suppressed, but even if I'm hiding in a bush, I still pop up on the radar. Hiding in plain sight died with whatever patch this stupid feature came in with... :(

Oh it doesn't help you hide in plain sight, actually, it just helps you sneak up behind people since it reduces the amount of noise you make. 
The suppressor also doesn't completely eliminate gunfire noise, just cuts it down significantly, so if you were shooting a suppressed weapon next to someone's ear, you'll still pop up on their radar, lol.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:54 AM

Oh it doesn't help you hide in plain sight, actually, it just helps you sneak up behind people since it reduces the amount of noise you make. 

The suppressor also doesn't completely eliminate gunfire noise, just cuts it down significantly, so if you were shooting a suppressed weapon next to someone's ear, you'll still pop up on their radar, lol.

I understand what stealth does, but it is completely irrelevant due to the line-of-sight detection.

• G37 likes this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

XDBX Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:56 AM Edited by Day Reaper, 14 July 2014 - 02:04 AM.

I agree with it needing a few tweaks.
Look im all for balancing the game but damn i feel like im always on the map because of kill streaks and im not bragging about that just saying as someone who camps in defensive moments only, i hate that i get exposed for being decent at DMs and being a hunter of the weak.
I suggest the opponent only get 20 seconds of my blip's revelation whenever I get on a kill streak instead of revealing my blip until i get killed or eliminate the stupid red flashing screen because i thought the purpose of that flashing trash was to balance the game for the suck a$$ players.

Ive been trying not calling Lester for player reveals but i get frustrated when im always on the map and the other team has skilled players and they can gang up on me and kill me all because they can see me. I'm fukcing sorry Rockstar but any player who can get a FREE Special Carbine, is not disadvantaged, meanwhile I had to climb up to Rank 24 to get the AK-47 and then to Rank 42 to get a Carbine Rifle (my fave weapon)....so i no longer feel bad for low rank players in DMs as they have firepower now to compete with a Rank 245 like myself.
I did my homework and stil do by walking around the map locations and familiarizing myself with the terrain, shortcuts, etc.

I dont need to come in 1st place----- as i have already earned the two DM tattoos. I probably could just camp ---but I tried camping, you know, since they can see my blip, i figured if i camp they will just come to me but LOL....i hate just sitting there and wasting time when i could be killing.

Sorry i forgot to add to the already wall o text that the detection system is so bad to me that i finally removed all my suppressors as i studied the mini-map when i had them equipped and when i didnt , and i saw very little difference in the exposure of my blip and is why i dont even care about silence any longer. Its No wonder i had to learn the stupid fukcing combat roll that i despised people using on me.
  • Mikelo and NubcakeVII like this

Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

JOHNNIE TEE IN THE HOUSE

• Members
  • Senegal

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

I understand what stealth does, but it is completely irrelevant due to the line-of-sight detection.

I really have no problems with it on free aim, so yeah.

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Kingpin

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:04 AM Edited by Mikelo, 14 July 2014 - 02:05 AM.

I agree with it needing a few tweaks.
Look im all for balancing the game but damn i feel like im always on the map because of kill streaks and im not bragging about that just saying as someone who camps in defensive moments only, i hate that i get exposed for being decent at DMs and being a hunter of the weak.
I suggest the opponent only get 20 seconds of my blip's revelation whenever I get on a kill streak instead of revealing my blip until i get killed or eliminate the stupid red flashing screen because i thought the purpose of that flashing trash was to balance the game for the suck a$$ players.

Ive been trying not calling Lester for player reveals but i get frustrated when im always on the map and the other team has skilled players and they can gang up on me and kill me all because they can see me. I'm fukcing sorry Rockstar but any player who can get a FREE Special Carbine, while i had to climb up to Rank 24 to get the AK-47 and then to Rank 42 to get a Carbine Rifle (my fave weapon)....so i no longer feel bad for low rank players in DMs as they have firepower now to compete with a Rank 245 like myself.
I did my homework and stil do by walking around the map locations and familiarizing myself with the terrain, shortcuts, etc.

I dont need to come in 1st place----- as i have already earned the two DM tattoos so i could just camp but I tried camping, you know, since they can see my blip, i figured if i camp they will just come to me but LOL....i hate just sitting there and wasting time when i could be killing.

THIS, just THIS, i f*cking know that feel bro, this is the only f*cking game that punishes you in that magnitude for being good. I'm almost always MVP and f*ck, i f*cking hate that, being in a killstreak and a gay ass bad mofo shoots at you in the back just because this f*cking game thinks that "balancing" means f*cking make the bad players overpowered so they have some kind of f*cking radar so they can actually kill something, goddamnit, if you're bad in a game, you don't let the game give advantages to you, you practice and get better. The detection system has made that in some point of every DM that i play i need to call Lester to reveal players because these kind of players have one Lester that reveals me every time that it's called Rockstar Games.

Sorry, i needed to let it all out lol.

• Day Reaper likes this

Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

JOHNNIE TEE IN THE HOUSE

• Members
  • Senegal

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:08 AM

^Uncharted 3 has a power play system on its TDMs, where the losing team gets an advantage, whilst the winning team gets double cash for their kills.
I think something similar should be implemented into GTAO, where the power player gets double RP for their kills.

• Day Reaper likes this

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Kingpin

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

^Uncharted 3 has a power play system on its TDMs, where the losing team gets an advantage, whilst the winning team gets double cash for their kills.
I think something similar should be implemented into GTAO, where the power player gets double RP for their kills.

Actually, my good man, when you have a kill streak you have a RP multiplier that gives you more RP each kill. So Headshot plus the max RP multiplier means like 100 RP/kill or something like that. But thanks for replying.

Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

JOHNNIE TEE IN THE HOUSE

• Members
  • Senegal

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:14 AM

Actually, my good man, when you have a kill streak you have a RP multiplier that gives you more RP each kill. So Headshot plus the max RP multiplier means like 100 RP/kill or something like that. But thanks for replying.

Oh, really? Forgot about that, sorry. :)

Medical Cocaine
  • Medical Cocaine

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:17 AM

Not really. Its great for sneaking up on people around corners in close quarters.

aNsWeRkEy02
  • aNsWeRkEy02

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:52 AM

its like in max payne 3..when you use unsilenced weapon..you get flash on radar..but I agree that showing on radar when on killstreak sucks + that annoying filter (why would rockstar put that)..there should be a vendetta system or perks that can be equipped and charge when you score a kill..not that lester abilities that can be spammed..

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

XDBX Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:03 AM Edited by Day Reaper, 14 July 2014 - 04:34 AM.

Mikelo i feel you man. Lol.

Wait until you get to my Rank and get even less respect.
One thing i didnt mention was the awful spawn locations.
Whats my reward for being decent at DMs?
The opponent spawning behind me. I get no such luck. Tell me why at times im one kill. ONE KLL from winning a Normal DM and then i get spawned what seems like 1,000's of yards away and lose the chance to be in 1st place because the 2nd place guy got 3-4 kills in a row while i f*cking climbing a god damn hill or have to walk around the damn block.
When a player is superior than me, i accept it. But when im giving up cheap kills to campers cause they see me coming that's very frustarting and all i can do is laugh.
Throw in the fact that one has to wait 45 minutes of trying to get into a decent DM because everyone and their mother is creating 50,000,000,000,000,000,000 RP and $999,000,000,000 or UFC IN THE FUKCING SKY DUMB FUKCING SH1T maps that seem to always be Unarmed matches. Just Not my thing.
  • Ballistic Jello and Mikelo like this

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Kingpin

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:56 AM Edited by Mikelo, 14 July 2014 - 03:57 AM.

Mikelo i feel you man. Lol.

Wait until you get to my Rank and get even less respect.
One thing i didnt mention was the awful spawn locations.
Whats my reward for being decent at DMs?
The opponent spawning behind me. I get no such luck. Tell me why at times im one kill. ONE KLL from winning a Normal DM and then i get spawned what seems like 1,000's of yards away and lose the chance to be in 1st place because the 2nd place guy got 3-4 kills in a row while i f*cking climbing a god damn hill or have to walk around the god damn block.
When a player is superior than me, i accept it. But when im giving up cheap kills to campers cause they see me coming is very frustarting and all i could do is laugh.
Throw in the fact that one has to wait 45 minutes of trying to get into a decent DM because everyone and their mother is creating 50,000,000,000,000,000,000 RP and $999,000,000,000,000,000,000 or UFC IN THE FUKCING SKY DUMB FUKCING SH1T maps that seem to always be Unarmed matches. Not my thing.

Holy sh*t. Are you sure you are not me while i'm sleepwalking? Yeah, f*cking killing streak and then someone spawns behind you, boom you're dead. It's a cheap strategy from Rockstar.

When i'm in a killstreak and someone kills me from the back like the bitch she/he is, i have nothing to say but shout "Oh yeeeahh! He killed me he's a pro thank you f*cking Cockstar clap clap clap at your f*cking game" and yeah i get you, is frustrating.

Oh and i really hate those deathmatches too:

http://gtaforums.com...w-game-ruiners/

I hate the melee system of this game, you hit the air, you hit someone, and if someone smashs the O/B button into you you can't escape. I don't want to sound disrespectful, but i think the people that likes unarmed deathmatches in this game are the people that can't kill for sh*t with a gun, and they got used to lose and think they're fun. As a deathmatch lover, my heart broke and my passion for playing this game went downside when the 1000RP 10000$ deathmatches flooded this beautiful game mode. I complained in skyfights, yeah, but i gave up on this bullsh*t of 10000RP 1000000$ creations. I can't wait until they're gone, until then my motivation to keep playing GTA Online is none.

P.D: You're going to my respect list :)

Dannnisaur
  • Dannnisaur

Heroic Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:10 AM

The only fault I can find in it is that the sound blips are unaffected by the environment. Jumping on grass in no way makes the same noise as jumping on a container.

Mikelo
  • Mikelo

Kingpin

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:19 AM

The only fault I can find in it is that the sound blips are unaffected by the environment. Jumping on grass in no way makes the same noise as jumping on a container.

Well sir, i have seen that if you go running through a bush you make more noise, i could be wrong though

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

XDBX Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:47 AM

No I think people play the melee because it is fun to them. I played , dare i say my biggest enemy in this game, Prison Thugz Fight, once and actually had fun but that was only after being beaten to submission by being sent to it a million times.
I probably would play an occasional one, if I got to play maps I want in armed DMs more often.
I like the knives and the crow bar and bat is cool but i have to be bored of regular DMs to play a melee map and right now that ain't happening.

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:05 AM Edited by MrManBuz, 14 July 2014 - 05:07 AM.

No I think people play the melee because it is fun to them. I played , dare i say my biggest enemy in this game, Prison Thugz Fight, once and actually had fun but that was only after being beaten to submission by being sent to it a million times.
I probably would play an occasional one, if I got to play maps I want in armed DMs more often.
I like the knives and the crow bar and bat is cool but i have to be bored of regular DMs to play a melee map and right now that ain't happening.

They're awful most of the time because it's horribly laggy so it's never a fair fight (it is fun when you've got the advantage though lol). I don't understand how people play that sh*t. Between that and the idiotic races it's impossible to find a decent DM or Race without wasting near an hour of your time joining a game, leaving then joining a new one, and then throw in the 5 minutes stuck in the clouds. I don't know why I bother with the game sometimes.

• Day Reaper likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:12 AM

i love the auto aim death matches they're more enjoyable.

reiniat
  • reiniat

May science shine your way.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:12 AM Edited by reiniat, 14 July 2014 - 05:12 AM.

Long time ago i made a super lenghty rant about how f*cked up is the combat system of this game and i mentioned the detection system, which in my opinion is broken to the core, and was never really designed.

Like 90% of the game features this is f*cked by design, and it cant be changed so easily, so dont expect it to become better anytime soon (or ever)

Caysle
  • Caysle

Welcome To The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:54 AM

I mostly be the power play in TDMs at start and this makes me mad. Only way to handle this is revealing players. There is another thing that makes me double mad; hiding blip. When a player is in a losing streak, he has the chance of hiding their blip on radar and when he chooses to do that, you can't see them on map, even if you call Lester to reveal. Major disadvantage for the enemy. 

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

XDBX Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

5 minutes stuck in the clouds. I don't know why I bother with the game sometimes.

Here i am blaming my internet connection thinking it was only happening to me.
Fact is some of us will be forced to buy a PS4 and the game again as much more performance is expected of them. Im no expert but i figure that freezing and roaming the sky will continue unless someone in here can testify otherwise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users