MMI Glitch (free of charge)?

27 replies to this topic
livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:42 AM

Spawn in a lobby, take my Elegy for a ride to the nearest airport (Grapeseed's, in this case) and I open up my Xbox menu to respond to a message. I then hear "PLOUSH!" and I'm like "ah, crap" because I know I'm in the water. Sure enough, my car is more wet than a whale. I call MMI expecting to pay a good amount as I never destroyed the Elegy before but it came up as free of charge. So is this a known glitch (searched but a 2 minute adventure showed nothing) or...?

Could it be possible to, if you knew your car would blow up (say, falling down Mt.Chiliad), open up the Xbox Guide and avoid paying the cost?

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:43 AM

I'm on PS3, and I haven't had to pay for replacement from sinking in water in any of my vehicles since the Independence Day patch came.  I've probably sunk 5 vehicles and they've all been free of charge.

• LukeH_97 likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:45 AM Edited by livejoker, 14 July 2014 - 12:46 AM.

I'm on PS3, and I haven't had to pay for replacement from sinking in water in any of my vehicles since the Independence Day patch came.  I've probably sunk 5 vehicles and they've all been free of charge.

What? I've always had to pay. Is this a new thing that I missed? :/
Well I feel foolish.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:48 AM

What? I've always had to pay. Is this a new thing that I missed? :/
Well I feel foolish.

I'm pretty sure it's new, possibly a glitch.  I've had to pay for sinking my vehicle before this patch. 

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

Scrub so hard they call me magic eraser

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:05 AM

They did that to curb the trend of Cargobobbing cars into the ocean. Now, if your car gets destroyed by water, no one pays insurance.
  • livejoker and Nomad0202 like this

Tacts_21
  • Tacts_21

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:07 AM

They did that to curb the trend of Cargobobbing cars into the ocean. Now, if your car gets destroyed by water, no one pays insurance.

Well that sucks...
  • meatrocket8 and Stealth-Death like this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

Scrub so hard they call me magic eraser

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:08 AM

Well that sucks...

It's good for me when I go stunting with my motorcycle. I end up in backyard pools a ton.
  • LukeH_97 and LightningLord411 like this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

same here!

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

No insurance fee payed for car that is free of pay? have to assume it's a glitch. or, you know, use logic. you all disappoint me.

• livejoker, ZeroF0rce, Nuclear-SJJ and 1 other like this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

No insurance fee payed for car that is free of pay? have to assume it's a glitch. or, you know, use logic. you all disappoint me.

it applies to all cars

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

It took me too long to understand what you meant.

Nomad0202
  • Nomad0202

遊牧民

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:13 AM Edited by Nomad0202, 14 July 2014 - 10:14 AM.

I like to river jump on a Sanchez. Got it returned about a dozen times FOC after getting the stunts wrong. This shows I am not very good at river jumping. But it's fun.

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:14 AM

it applies to all cars

that's what you call a coincidence then. the Elegy was always free of charge when destroyed. 99% sure. because, you know, back doors. i like back doors. so soothing to know they are there. just in case.

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

Congratulations! You're Vinewood's biggest star!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

it applies to all cars

that's what you call a coincidence then. the Elegy was always free of charge when destroyed. 99% sure. because, you know, back doors. i like back doors. so soothing to know they are there. just in case.

elegy always costed me around 1k at mmi.

blackindia
  • blackindia

blackindia78

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

Ever since you could get a 2nd property I had this weird glitch happen to me. Sometimes when im bringing out a car from my garage I get locked out of it and it says I dont have access to this PV. Yesterday this happend to my Entity and it also went missing from my garage after this. When I called MMI they said it been destroyed which I knew it hadnt. It was free of charge at least.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

Was really sure that my insurance was free cause of the elegy.

If there really is a "no charge" glitch, then I'm bout to take my adder 'mountain biking'

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

Ever since you could get a 2nd property I had this weird glitch happen to me. Sometimes when im bringing out a car from my garage I get locked out of it and it says I dont have access to this PV. Yesterday this happend to my Entity and it also went missing from my garage after this. When I called MMI they said it been destroyed which I knew it hadnt. It was free of charge at least.

back in 5, boarding up that back door

it applies to all cars

elegy always costed me around 1k at mmi.

i choose not to believe you. nails already in the door.

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

If there really is a "no charge" glitch, then I'm bout to take my adder 'mountain biking'

Should do a test with a car that doesn't cost as much before taking out that adder. :p

• RoyalRedXIII likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

Should do a test with a car that doesn't cost as much before taking out that adder. :p

I should.... It's just too bad that your suggestion makes sense. To be honest, I'd rather just do somethin that makes very little sense at the moment.

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

Also happening with fuel station bowsers. Just tested it with my Felon in Blaine County. Didn't pay a thing to replace it, lol

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

Also happening with fuel station bowsers. Just tested it with my Felon in Blaine County. Didn't pay a thing to replace it, lol

Damn it. That was my favourite way to make assholes pay for their own destroyed cars.

Silenced_Bullet
  • Silenced_Bullet

Leader of Project Domisntlive

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

All my cars are free of charge right now

JON22
  • JON22

I am the king of crap. Look at my stats and bow to my crapness

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:16 PM Edited by JON22, 14 July 2014 - 01:17 PM.

Helps me as I like to play with my gate glitch I found in Vinewood Hills at the radio tower by accident (blew up the granger I was using for cover by the gate and killed me). Glitch is mostly random with the results and have destroyed a few PVs testing which vehicles work best.

whookidd856
  • whookidd856

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

Corny, because when I get into a enemies cars that they had left open, I drive it to the nearest deepest body of water then grab another car quick before they realize I have it and SMASHHHHHHH there sh*t right into the water, making them pay for the bill lmao, hope it still works =)

secrules2
  • secrules2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

Corny, because when I get into a enemies cars that they had left open, I drive it to the nearest deepest body of water then grab another car quick before they realize I have it and SMASHHHHHHH there sh*t right into the water, making them pay for the bill lmao, hope it still works =)

I do this a lot^^^. It cracks me up.

I did notice that I didn't have to pay for my Adder that I put in the water by the heli pad/boat docks.

meatrocket8
  • meatrocket8

Stompin' Necks and Cashin' Checks!

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

it applies to all cars

I think it was free to replace only if you didn't have any mods on it.

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

Oh so it's a glitch and not because the Elegy is free? I was in a mission with it, lost control and fell to the river with it. I called MMI and it was indeed free of charge

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

My car has been a cheetah every time so it being an elegy didn't matter to me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users