Quantcast

» «
Photo

Style Vs Speed

34 replies to this topic

Poll: Style Vs Speed (69 member(s) have cast votes)

What's more important to you when picking/driving your car?

1. Style (47 votes [68.12%])

Percentage of vote: 68.12%

2. Speed (18 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

3. Neither I just pick whatever car is popular at the time (4 votes [5.80%])

Percentage of vote: 5.80%

Vote Guests cannot vote
trul3g3nd
  • trul3g3nd

Paid In Full

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

I prefer style over speed. I'm a muscle car fan so I own mostly muscles and classics over anything else. Super or other high end cars maybe faster but I'm just not into all that exotic fanboy stuff.  

• dairyworker likes this

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Big Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

Well you can have both, if you happen to like the look of the exotics.

If it's a straight choice between the two then I prefer speed, possibly the most fun you can have in the game is driving supercars at ridiculous speeds, when you get in that zone where no matter what you attempt you don't crash and it all comes together.

Sweet.

Pink Fly
  • Pink Fly

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

Chrome Adder is the best car in the game by a large margin.

trul3g3nd
  • trul3g3nd

Paid In Full

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

If it's a straight choice between the two then I prefer speed, possibly the most fun you can have in the game is driving supercars at ridiculous speeds, when you get in that zone where no matter what you attempt you don't crash and it all comes together.

Sweet.

You have a good point I agree and I respect you for that but sadly most people are not matured like you are lol. My most fun comes from customizing my cars and just cruising and driving them to my friends car shows and show them off. I just see the same people with the same exact super and sports cars and most be chromed out with hideous dollar rims and think they are better than everyone else and its just annoying. To each its own I guess.

• dairyworker, MuhNamesTyler and Nacho Z like this

Zanje
  • Zanje

Stand up guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:09 PM Edited by Zanje, 13 July 2014 - 11:11 PM.

I drive what i like so style, i could not care less about it's stats as long as i think it is cool. 95% of what i drive is a van and a Thrust lol, may not be the most "optimal" choices but they make me happy so screw it. I dont even own a super

• trul3g3nd likes this

shyhaim
  • shyhaim

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

well, it's not all about speed or style; handling is a major caracteristic i consider when picking a car.

if i don't get any pleasure when driving it, it's not worth a slot in my garage.

i'm driving a carbonizzare, an exemplar or a bagger for that reason.

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Big Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

Sweet.

You have a good point I agree and I respect you for that but sadly most people are not matured like you are lol. My most fun comes from customizing my cars and just cruising and driving them to my friends car shows and show them off. I just see the same people with the same exact super and sports cars and most be chromed out with hideous dollar rims and think they are better than everyone else and its just annoying. To each its own I guess.

It's depressing isn't it when you see someone's garage for the first time and it's an orgy of gold and chrome with dollar rims. I guess the first time someone did it was funny but it's just really boring now.

Don't get me wrong, I've got the fastest cars in the game and they get used the most but I've got plenty of other cars I like just for the look or the handling, like the Futo, Sabre and Primo. Those cars are awesome.

My girlfriend laughs at me because of my obsessiveness over small visual details. I used to have a regular Dubsta before it got replaced by the 6x6 and I must have changed the window tint 30 times. Used to annoy myself!
  • trul3g3nd and JohndamnTravolta like this

JohndamnTravolta
  • JohndamnTravolta

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:21 PM

Muscle cars have always been my favorite, so I'll take a vigero over an adder any day
  • Average white guy, SMFtwstdHICK, MatthewH and 1 other like this

caarl00s
  • caarl00s

:)

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

Handling over all! :D

Affalterbach
  • Affalterbach

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:29 PM

True, the most expensive car is always better. And if you put dollar wheels on it it will get awesome grip.
  • elidc likes this

trul3g3nd
  • trul3g3nd

Paid In Full

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:40 PM

Sweet.

It's depressing isn't it when you see someone's garage for the first time and it's an orgy of gold and chrome with dollar rims. I guess the first time someone did it was funny but it's just really boring now.

Don't get me wrong, I've got the fastest cars in the game and they get used the most but I've got plenty of other cars I like just for the look or the handling, like the Futo, Sabre and Primo. Those cars are awesome.

My girlfriend laughs at me because of my obsessiveness over small visual details. I used to have a regular Dubsta before it got replaced by the 6x6 and I must have changed the window tint 30 times. Used to annoy myself!

lol I know the feeling cause Every small detail counts I'm the exact same way. Speaking of gfs mine was laughing at me bc I spent a good amount of time looking for a rusty Voodoo lol but It's always good to see other people appreciate different types of cars especially the underrated ones. 

DJ_DC99
  • DJ_DC99

Local Troll

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:53 PM

True, the most expensive car is always better. And if you put dollar wheels on it it will get awesome grip.
Yeah, and it's awesome when you go around killing non-Adder noobs, and they can't catch you.
  • Affalterbach likes this

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Big Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

Sweet.

lol I know the feeling cause Every small detail counts I'm the exact same way. Speaking of gfs mine was laughing at me bc I spent a good amount of time looking for a rusty Voodoo lol but It's always good to see other people appreciate different types of cars especially the underrated ones. 

Are you on ps3 by any chance, you sound like a man after my own heart.

OhhFlurry
  • OhhFlurry

Make it Rain

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:01 AM

I'm all about the performance of the vehicle, not really interested in the looks tbh

RandallFlagg00
  • RandallFlagg00

Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

Speed. I don't care what it looks like. I don't do any non performance upgrades. I just want to get from point A to point B as quickly as possible. Mainly zentorno and entity for some defense also. Also, seeing as how 95% of races are supercar so it's like practice also.

trul3g3nd
  • trul3g3nd

Paid In Full

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

Sweet.

Are you on ps3 by any chance, you sound like a man after my own heart.

Yup add me TruNYBalla

ZenJenga
  • ZenJenga

taps your phones

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:05 AM

I drive whatever I feel like at the moment.  I have a good variety of vehicles and drive each of them depending on my mood. 

I'm all about the jester lately, but last week it was the blade. 

I like having fast cars in missions, in case a long drive is necessary, otherwise I don't really care.

mysteriousamg
  • mysteriousamg

SurvialistSociety Crew Leader & Savage11's Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:19 AM

Speed beause style is not going to get you away from other player bullets.

Twilly
  • Twilly

Depression is Happiness

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:42 AM

Lol the fastest cars/bikes I own are my Jester and Akuma. Only supers I had were turismo and infernus. No supers atm, they bore me.
  • trul3g3nd likes this

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

#paletostrong

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:08 AM

No. no it is not. Shush.

MattRMich
  • MattRMich

Top-Hat Wearer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

Why don't we have both?, but if you're suggesting which i'd rather then i'd have to go with speed. Easier to escape enemies, they're agile and the majority of them look awesome.

DerBarde
  • DerBarde

Apex Stalkers

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

I didn't vote. Most of my cars are competetive racing cars, some are just style or/and fun to drive with.

But I try to make the competetive cars as stylish as possible (for me. Many of you won't like my love for racing spoilers :p )

espickard25
  • espickard25

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:57 PM Edited by espickard25, 14 July 2014 - 12:59 PM.

Chrome Adders look like sh*t. Being the most expensive car and most expensive paint job aren't always good
  • trul3g3nd likes this

RooneyLFC
  • RooneyLFC

scooter brother

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

I love style, my most used car is the huntley s.
But unfortunatly in gta speed is a must. So you 9/10 situations you have to pick speed over style.

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Car Enthusiast/Creepy Fetishist.

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

most times i go for style AND speed

dairyworker
  • dairyworker

I am the milk man

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

style.

all my cars have been chosen on looks over performance. I don't even know what the stats are for most of my cars. it is a valid point that speed is an essential thing in this game but,  i do just fine in the cars i use, maybe if you had better driving skills you wouldn't need the "fastest" car for every little task/job, am i the only one who likes a challenge. in fact i have been using my futo for missions the last few days to try and forcefully improve my skills with it...

it all comes down to what you want out of this game i guess. i love cars of all eras/styles and a big part of gta is the cars for me so i build a collection i like to look at. others just want to finish missions as fast as possible or simply dony care about cars.

surfer, bobcat, rhapsody, warrener, blade, futo.....

rosevelt, stinger gt, buccaneer, saber turbo, felon (4door), sentinel xs, glendale, jester, zentorno, bati 801...

• trul3g3nd likes this

trul3g3nd
  • trul3g3nd

Paid In Full

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

style.

all my cars have been chosen on looks over performance. I don't even know what the stats are for most of my cars. it is a valid point that speed is an essential thing in this game but,  i do just fine in the cars i use, maybe if you had better driving skills you wouldn't need the "fastest" car for every little task/job, am i the only one who likes a challenge. in fact i have been using my futo for missions the last few days to try and forcefully improve my skills with it...

it all comes down to what you want out of this game i guess. i love cars of all eras/styles and a big part of gta is the cars for me so i build a collection i like to look at. others just want to finish missions as fast as possible or simply dony care about cars.

surfer, bobcat, rhapsody, warrener, blade, futo.....

rosevelt, stinger gt, buccaneer, saber turbo, felon (4door), sentinel xs, glendale, jester, zentorno, bati 801...

Finally someone that understands what I'm talking about. That's exactly why I didn't give the option of choosing both style and speed. I agree with you 100% on everything you said bc I feel the exact same way.

Shoot I've been using my voodoo in missions just bc I feel like it and I still get the job done. I don't even need a fast car to get away from enemies just cause the fact that I barely run from anyone and I always love a challenge. 

I'm ranked 236 In the game. In the beginning I Did every mission did a bunch of races Team death matches just bout everything and now I'm just laying back enjoying my cars and doing other things while you still got these fan boys out there 100 levels above me still showing off their 9 or 10 ugly colored super and sports cars like they the sh*t but really all I smell is pussy.

Like you said though if they had better driving skills...

Chrome Adders look like sh*t. Being the most expensive car and most expensive paint job aren't always good

Not at all

• dairyworker likes this

SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

My preferred cars for tooling around in freeroam:

0_0.jpg

So... you tell me.

Sparky McWonderpants
  • Sparky McWonderpants

Peon

• Members
  • Gibraltar

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:44 PM Edited by Sparky McWonderpants, 14 July 2014 - 06:47 PM.

Function over form all day erryday.  

Adder - speed

Entity - all around super

Turismo - handling, braking, accel

Zentorno - all around super

Sandking - off roading

Huntley - top tier SUV

Elegy - top tier sports car

Akuma - best accel

Bati - all around bike

Gauntlet - all around muscle

....are all in my garage for a reason.  If I went for style, I would've never sold my Sentinel XS, Carbonizzare, Vacca, or Tailgater

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

A great target as well. 

I will take a Phoenix over the adder any day of the week. 

• trul3g3nd likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users