Quantcast

» «
Photo

Money glitch views, past and present

95 replies to this topic

Poll: Money glitching (212 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you money glitched?

1. Yes (145 votes [68.40%])

Percentage of vote: 68.40%

2. Yes, but only in the past month (29 votes [13.68%])

Percentage of vote: 13.68%

3. Yes but only in the past 3 months (10 votes [4.72%])

Percentage of vote: 4.72%

4. No (28 votes [13.21%])

Percentage of vote: 13.21%

Do you find others glitching make your experience less enjoyable?

1. Yes, because I have nothing to work for (8 votes [3.77%])

Percentage of vote: 3.77%

2. Yes, because others didnt earn their purchases (16 votes [7.55%])

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

3. Yes, both 1 and 2 (10 votes [4.72%])

Percentage of vote: 4.72%

4. No (178 votes [83.96%])

Percentage of vote: 83.96%

Why did you glitch?

1. For everything (93 votes [43.87%])

Percentage of vote: 43.87%

2. To be free to modify cars (7 votes [3.30%])

Percentage of vote: 3.30%

3. To be free to buy cars (11 votes [5.19%])

Percentage of vote: 5.19%

4. To have fun with missions I enjoy rather than most lucrative (17 votes [8.02%])

Percentage of vote: 8.02%

5. To have a large safety net in preperation for add ons (59 votes [27.83%])

Percentage of vote: 27.83%

6. Kesh Kerds (25 votes [11.79%])

Percentage of vote: 11.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Hello_losers
  • Hello_losers

Thank you based Kojima.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

Money glitches have been around GTAO from the start and although they are becoming rarer and less common still exist. When GTA was still in its earlier stages there were the big fights over legit VS glitched. Now, approximately nine months after online release what are your views on money glitching and have they changed? Were you initially against it but gave in after payout nerfes? Have you remained a legit/ glitch player since release? Maybe you earned everything you wanted but now just want pocket money to be free to mess around with and not worry about finances. Discuss the changes or lack of in the communities views on money glitching since the games release.

DoingTheImpossible
  • DoingTheImpossible

Waiting for GTA V on Xbox One.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

Does sp to mp count if you don't sell the car? (I brought in the tailgater from the last epsilon mission)

Nyraider77
  • Nyraider77

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:45 PM

I used to care but Rockstar doesn't so why should I. You ask what do I mean by Rockstar doesn't care. They have held special events featuring none other than Domislive who has posted various glitches on youtube. So who cares anymore. #GETYOMONEYUP
  • Diesleman, ZeroF0rce, BitPieStudios and 6 others like this

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

Yes.

No.

For everything.

• senormidget and Aquaticwonder like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

Yes.

No.

For everything.

• senormidget and Aquaticwonder like this

Yura'ndGames
  • Yura'ndGames

☆Bifta'sRus☆

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

I'd rather have fun on missions and have freedom than grind RR, Beg people for money, And complain when Rockstar makes things too expensive.

• BitPieStudios, RossCA, itrpatrick and 1 other like this

v1J
  • v1J

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Jordan

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

Played legit the first couple of months. Then decided, to glitch this month. To obtain 23M. There's nothing wrong with it. You're not bothering anyone, and actually. You're helping your self in the long run for future DLC'S

• RossCA and Coreyandy5 like this

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

Yes, no, cash cards.

Last option I actually would've picked "to get back funds that were rightfully mine, but lost due to bugs that Rockstar still haven't fixed after 9 months, but after glitching the owed money back I figured what the hell and got much much more" which is oddly not an option in the poll.

• Coreyandy5 and NubcakeVII like this

infamouslegato
  • infamouslegato

Former TNWO Lieutenant

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

I view money glitching as white collar crime in GTA, so it's all good to me.

Fill 2 garages on a 2nd character with modded Adders so you have something to sell in case Rockstar takes your duped cars & glitched money. You'll spend $25 - $30 million buying and modding them but Rockstar doesn't seem to take legitimately purchased cars even if it was done so with illegitimate money. They figure that since you at least got rid of the cash they'll let you keep the car. $720,600 x20 = $14,412,000 safety net to be resold in the event of a your glitched cash being taken.

It's less than 50% return, but nobody said money laundering was efficient.

• KeeNer187, ZeroF0rce, RossCA and 1 other like this

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:38 PM

Fill 2 garages on a 2nd character with modded Adders so you have something to sell in case Rockstar takes your duped cars & glitched money. You'll spend $25 - $30 million buying and modding them but Rockstar doesn't seem to take legitimately purchased cars even if it was done so with illegitimate money. They figure that since you at least got rid of the cash they'll let you keep the car. $720,600 x20 = $14,412,000 safety net to be resold in the event of a your glitched cash being taken.

with this comment existing, all it would take now is rockstar seeing this and taking it into account the next time they sweep back accounts for glitched money.

theyll take all your cars too and stick a stock elegy in there.

• KrazyFace likes this

DoingTheImpossible
  • DoingTheImpossible

Waiting for GTA V on Xbox One.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

with this comment existing, all it would take now is rockstar seeing this and taking it into account the next time they sweep back accounts for glitched money.

Or they could be funny and give you 20 faggios
  • Franceska likes this

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

To be honest I've enjoyed some of the harmless non-money related glitches like the gate launcher (when I could get it to work).

I don't really care if people money glitch or not. How can you blame them at this point when payouts have been nerfed/reduced and everything is so expensive. When paint jobs and horns start costing nearly $50k and the highest paying repeatable job is under 19k (and constantly glitches out and fails), again, how can you blame the players?

• Diesleman and NubcakeVII like this

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

Exactly the "economy" is so screwed up that trying to get something simple like a horn takes 3 times of coveted or RR- for a horn?
  • NecroNeedle and NubcakeVII like this

BosHog
  • BosHog

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

There are several things that come to mind when it comes to the talk of people using glitches to gain money etc.

Does it really affect anyone else? Not really IMO. In terms of Races etc it is entirely possible to be competitive without having millions. In missions you work together so again, no real negative impact. You probably get the impression by now.

So why do they do it, apart from simply being able to, well maybe it keeps them interested. Buying new cars, mods, apartments, not having to worry about the consequences of dying or arsing around etc. As someone who really only played missions and raced, and stopped on the released of Xbox One only to return this week,  the lack of fresh missions and story-lines meant the game got stale eventually. I have glitched money so that I can mod and buy cars without that I pretty much wouldn't be playing, and the fact I am doing so means I might just get it for XB1.

A more pressing question for R* is would those who have done it spent the amount of real cash needed to be rich beyond needs in the game. Probably not I imagine, for the majority.

Basically I would have liked it more if the glitches never surfaced but now its way to late fix unless they REALLY REALLY plan on re-upping the game and staying on top of it for Next-Gen. 

Not sure if that really answers the question but.....

• Magick likes this

Duality Scarlet
  • Duality Scarlet

Getsuga

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

No, I have never glitched for money nor RP. I play in a legit way and I enjoy it.

I have nothing against money glitchers, they are harmless, everybody's free to choose their "play style".
  • Magick likes this

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:01 PM

Or they could be funny and give you 20 faggios

XD

problem tho. ( i like it, but problem)

you can sell faggios and make money off of them.

you cant sell elegys.

LukeH_97
  • LukeH_97

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

People money glitching is bigger now than ever and R* deserve it with their stupid f*cking cash cards! What are they going to do honestly? Ban 3/4 of their players from the online? 

moostered
  • moostered

Homeboy

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

I glitched 2million last week to buy the liberator,super diamond and a gold adder.The liberator because it's extremely over priced,the super diamond because I wanted to try it out and the gold adder because I was running low on $WaG
  • JetsRLove likes this

elidc
  • elidc

• Members
  • Finland

People money glitching is bigger now than ever and R* deserve it with their stupid f*cking cash cards! What are they going to do honestly? Ban 3/4 of their players from the online? 

You really think that 3/4 of community glitches? lol

BosHog
  • BosHog

Trick

• Members

I think a massive wave of bans to all but the worse glitchers could be risky as they will hope many of the current base re-buy for next gen. 

LukeH_97
  • LukeH_97

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

You really think that 3/4 of community glitches? lol

How's that funny! Do you really think I have a specific statistic of how many people glitch? It's an estimate and it's more than likely true but you can continue to play Rooftop Rumble whilst I'm having fun not worrying about money

shootingallovertheplace
  • shootingallovertheplace

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

Money glitching is ok cause whatever it's not like I notice and hell if I need some cash I'll do a lil glitch it's cool one time I was too lazy I bought cash card and amazingly no my head did not explode from the hypocrisy

/thread

TPenterprise
  • TPenterprise

***Leader - WMCC *** ***Lieutenant - SURF***

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

Do you find others glitching make your experience less enjoyable?
  1. Yes, because I have nothing to work for (3 votes [5.26%])

2. Yes, because others didnt earn their purchases (3 votes [5.26%])

I can't possibly see how these two answers are reasons to make someone else's experience less enjoyable. 

Just because someone else didn't "earn" their purchases by grinding RR for 8 hours, doesn't mean you can't do it. At the end of the day you wouldn't know if they glitched their money or not until they told you so why should it make any difference to you whether they glitched or not. I also don't understand how you could "have nothing to work for" just because someone else glitched, it doesn't effect you in the slightest.

Yura'ndGames
  • Yura'ndGames

☆Bifta'sRus☆

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:43 PM

I just keep 6 mill in my bank and make sure to blow it.

• return-to-innocence, LukeH_97 and JetsRLove like this

Inbred Walrus
  • Inbred Walrus

For Mother Russia!

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

I've only glitched for the first time in months these last 2 days. It's so f*cking liberating not having to grind for hours and hours to get a decent amount of money. I respect all hookers now.

• return-to-innocence, jv95_, Rolling Otter and 3 others like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:55 PM

YES
NO
EVERYTHING

i glitched only like 400k back in october during the good ol' lsc glitch, then in november i received a couple of hacked millions, then in december i received a couple of hacked billions, then came january's purge.

played legit for the next 2 months, then in march the Rebel money glitch popped and i just gave in, glitched 50million by the time it got fixed.

played legit, when into GA(glitchers anonymous) you know something like AA meetings but for glitchers, was clean for over a month but then my bro ask me to help him with this new glitch, i helped him, bitting my lips trying to resist the urge, i did it 3 times and it felt good, did it 5 more times and it felt better, did it 9 times and god this feels good, then the Hooker method surfaced i just went crazy!

im keeping a low profile, doing only 6-8millions per day, 22millions in the last 3 days. on the other hand my bro when mad crazy, glitching 30millions per day.

infamouslegato
  • infamouslegato

Former TNWO Lieutenant

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

Meh, even if they do, it doesn't matter. They can't take the dozen odd some cars I got off the street, pimped out and then gave to low level players. It's not just unbridled greed that makes me glitch. I like using the money to give low level players modded cars.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

This last glitch is ingenious. The duplicated cars are pretty much perfect copies, not dupes with the value of rebels and upgrades. The 1.14 tool box glitch was the one that got me back to money glitching for the first time since November.
  • LukeH_97 and JetsRLove like this

GtaFein
  • GtaFein

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

Yes

No

Safety net

da_illest101
  • da_illest101

GTA World Heavy Weight Champion

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:15 PM Edited by da_illest101, 13 July 2014 - 10:22 PM.

Being glitching since November and I don't see myself stopping unless have a 100 millions( ok maybe mot that much, but a lot). Sure I already brought everything, but I have fun playing missions that are not coveted and rooftop rumble.
  • BigBrother67 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users