• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:34 AM

I would love to spearhead a mod project of creating 3D interiors for many buildings. It would be truly awesome even if you copy pasted a lot like the apartments in online. Just being able to go into all those buildings along Santa Monica and Venice Beach.

I believe we've hit a peak in what visuals we get in a GTA game but the next area of improvement will be bringing the world to life and hopefully a bump in scale again. You go back to San Andreas and look at the Vinewood sign and then compare it to the one in V. That's the best example of the scale jump we got from the 3D Era to the HD Era I can think of. Imagine what the next jump would be.

Do you know much on modelling and stuff? I've been thinking of some stuff for some interiors for that Willie's supermarket and I know pretty simple modelling. If folks can work together and make it into some crazy cool Walmart-esque place, it'd be pretty cool.

minifat
  • minifat

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:00 AM

It's just a better way to represent the world as being 3D than the old flat textures. The problem is obviously you people seem to expect it to be functional just because it's more than a flat texture. :facedesk:

Having a mix or 3d and 2d interiors is just gross. There are too many 2d interior textures in this game.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:41 AM

Do you know much on modelling and stuff? I've been thinking of some stuff for some interiors for that Willie's supermarket and I know pretty simple modelling. If folks can work together and make it into some crazy cool Walmart-esque place, it'd be pretty cool.

I do but my biggest fear of injecting my own models into the GTA world is that it would heavily break the feel of the world. Every place in the game has that Rockstar touch, right down to pamphlets lying around and posters on walls. It all just feels grounded in that universe.

I think I would rather find assets that would function okay when brought together to flesh out the shopping store and other areas. Of course I could make stuff from scratch, but it just wouldn't feel right to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users