Weird non enterable interiors.

32 replies to this topic
confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

rebel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

ok so lately ive been seeing these wierd interiors that are non enterable. the you tool has an interior but it is not full it looks blurry. then the gas station that you wait at in the paleto score setup has the same blurry look only with different interiors. then willies supermarket has another blurry interior that looks like walmart. what are these are there more? are they unfished?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

They are there to make buildings look a bit more realistic - to show that there is something, even if you can't access it.

• Staten, Palikari, stjimmy3 and 6 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:52 PM Edited by universetwisters, 13 July 2014 - 06:52 PM.

...then willies supermarket has another blurry interior that looks like walmart...

I'm hoping that you can enter it in the NG version, seeing as you can buy clothes & guns at walmart IRL, but then again, that's a stretch. Maybe a mod will come out that'll make it enterable, that's pretty cool.

Speaking of, I know around the block from Trevor's trailer, there's a Chinese restaurant that you can't enter, but the interior is visible. Perhaps Rockstar read my story?

• MichaelPayneV likes this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

I got a photo of an npc in a bank ages ago.

0_0.jpg
  • MichaelPayneV likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

0_0.jpg

I've entered that bank a few times, but now it's locked. :/

There's also a fast food restaurant near Franklin's safehouse that has a non-enterable interior.

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

GTA universe resident since 2002

• Members
  • France

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

Just found another of these "blurry interior" : a supermarket, just next to the 24/7 located next to You Tool (Grand Señora Desert).

ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

You guys are just noticing these? There are quite a bit on the map. The giant skyscrapers, shops on rodeo dr, shops on the 3rd st promenade, venice beach.
  • Christofchickens likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

It was to avoid the problem there was in IV (and also in the earlier games, but more noticable with IV's improved graphics) where a lot of the ground-level buildings were just blocky textures on a flat surface.

• voyager likes this

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:45 AM

0_0.jpg

I've entered that bank a few times, but now it's locked. :/

There's also a fast food restaurant near Franklin's safehouse that has a non-enterable interior.
It's locked in online but not in single player.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:46 AM

It was to avoid the problem there was in IV (and also in the earlier games, but more noticable with IV's improved graphics) where a lot of the ground-level buildings were just blocky textures on a flat surface.

I know they had the same thing in GTA 4, but only in a lot less places, like Dursilla's and some movie theater looking place around Northwood.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

I also thought it was some kind of pre-load that they did and would unlock later but as previous gangstas have said it`s there to create more immersion but at the end of the day it should of just had a solid exterior cause it breaks immersion the way it is.

TheDupi
  • TheDupi

Game, Sleep, Repeat

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

Are the banks unenterable in SP too?

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

It's just a better way to represent the world as being 3D than the old flat textures. The problem is obviously you people seem to expect it to be functional just because it's more than a flat texture. :facedesk:

• thekillerdonuts and Wavesittich like this

GtaV Is Coming To Pc
  • GtaV Is Coming To Pc

32 Days Left

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

NG will fix that problem

• Alvarez likes this

Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

There are only a very few interiors in GTA V. Even GTA IV had more interiors! Rockstar disapointed me a little bit.

• Official General, latigreblue, Detective Phelps and 6 others like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

There are only a very few interiors in GTA V. Even GTA IV had more interiors! Rockstar disapointed me a little bit.

Even the Burger Shots have no interior. When I was on the mission "did somebody say yoga?" I thought that the Burger Shot I drove Jimmy to was enterable. I was extremely disappointed when I found out that the Burger Shots have no interior.

I miss the restaurants.  :cry:

• Palikari, TheticalFlyer97 and A.O.D.88 like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

Even the Burger Shots have no interior. When I was on the mission "did somebody say yoga?" I thought that the Burger Shot I drove Jimmy to was enterable. I was extremely disappointed when I found out that the Burger Shots have no interior.

Man, I got a few small spoilers the day before buying the game. One of them was that so far you could not enter no Burger Shots or Cluckin' Bells. I was so annoyed and disappointed about that, and this was before I even bought the f**king game. 

• Palikari and Detective Phelps like this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

fleeca bank robberies would be just as enjoyable as robbing the 24/7 stores.

After a couple robberies there could be security guards and silent alarms to add on to difficulty also each fleeca bank could be re designed to be more intricate with some of them having harder safes to crack and there being two or more floors or a laser grid to bypass and the loot would be between 10,000 to 50'000 dollars.
like someone said if the gang wars were so repetitive and dull to them than maybe we could have a bank robbery dlc update meanwhile they could finish working on a gangster expansion package.
  • Official General, Detective Phelps and Darth Krizz like this

HazzardX
  • HazzardX

Special Agent Big Smoke.

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

All the games have that thing..

Just look at GTA3,for example

awug5j.jpg

Interior

357g9ys.jpg

They made this thing,just to make you think that the game si more accesable and more open world, than,it really is..

• Palikari and GtaV Is Coming To Pc like this

Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:18 PM

I miss very much an enterable hospital. In GTA IV enjoyed a lot entering the hospital and killing everybody, and then escaping the police.

Maybe Rockstar could make a DLC with enterable buildings, not only cars and clothes for Online.

• Detective Phelps and TheticalFlyer97 like this

GtaV Is Coming To Pc
  • GtaV Is Coming To Pc

32 Days Left

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:21 PM Edited by GtaV Is Coming To Pc, 16 July 2014 - 10:23 PM.

Well if they said that they used the full power of the consoles, making interiors for DLC wouldn't be possible unless Rockstar was bullsh*tting us.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

I miss very much an enterable hospital. In GTA IV enjoyed a lot entering the hospital and killing everybody, and then escaping the police.

Same here! I remember playing GTA IV online, and raiding the hospital with my friends. :lol:

On TBoGT multiplayer, we planned the attacks by procuring APCs and Buzzards.

Maybe Rockstar could make a DLC with enterable buildings, not only cars and clothes for Online.

If they can change the sculpture (or whatever it is) on Vespucci beach, they can change the map in other ways as well.

This means that R* can add more interiors in the future.

• Palikari likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

Well if they said that they used the full power of the consoles, making interiors for DLC wouldn't be possible unless Rockstar was bullsh*tting us.

*sigh*
  • theNGclan, Acetaminophen, The Odyssey and 3 others like this

polaris23
  • polaris23

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

Same here! I remember playing GTA IV online, and raiding the hospital with my friends. :lol:

On TBoGT multiplayer, we planned the attacks by procuring APCs and Buzzards.

If they can change the sculpture (or whatever it is) on Vespucci beach, they can change the map in other ways as well.
This means that R* can add more interiors in the future.

They changed the sculpture? In online or what?

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

They also added various building sites over time.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

There were tons of these semi-detailed buildings in L.A. Noire - they would have a window display with solid objects, but the windows were the only part of the building with any depth. The doors remained defiantly 2D. 

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

There were tons of these semi-detailed buildings in L.A. Noire - they would have a window display with solid objects, but the windows were the only part of the building with any depth. The doors remained defiantly 2D.

Team Bondi with Rockstars research slaved away for years making that 8 mile city block have as much detail as it could, to the point where people who lived in LA at the time could actually find their way around! Also slaved away working with Jay Leno to design to the 96 vehicles in the game, making sure they were as authentic as possible. On Rockstars side, they handled things like artwork, casting, motion capture, music, etc.

WSBPT
  • WSBPT

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:27 AM

they need to make liquor stores more enterable.. only like 5 in the city.. the f*ck?!

J-B
  • J-B

Two Faced

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

I'd be all for more interiors. Just not more cubby hole shops.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:24 AM

I would love to spearhead a mod project of creating 3D interiors for many buildings. It would be truly awesome even if you copy pasted a lot like the apartments in online. Just being able to go into all those buildings along Santa Monica and Venice Beach.

I believe we've hit a peak in what visuals we get in a GTA game but the next area of improvement will be bringing the world to life and hopefully a bump in scale again. You go back to San Andreas and look at the Vinewood sign and then compare it to the one in V. That's the best example of the scale jump we got from the 3D Era to the HD Era I can think of. Imagine what the next jump would be.
  • universetwisters likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users