Photo

Thirsty: The Dam Blowup - My playlist that simulates a heist. PS3

8 replies to this topic
thrillhous
  • thrillhous

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:08 PM Edited by thrillhous, 18 July 2014 - 02:28 AM.

I have been working on some CC missions that when strung together form a heist. Each picks up where the last one left off. Make sure they are played in order.

This one is called "The Dam Blowup"

The premise is that your Crew has decided to hold the LS water supply ransom. After literally minutes of scheming the crew decides that planting bombs at the dam and threatening to blow it up will surely be worth some big time payout.

One of your Crew knows a guy who knows that some prototype motorcycles are being transferred to Fort Zancudo.

Part 1: Base Race. Race your Crew to the gates of Zanduco to steal the prototype motorcycles.

Part 2: Prototypes

Intercept the shipment of prototypes before they are transferred into the base.

Since the CC does not allow creation of real "missions" this is what I call a COOP-Capture. Theoretically you are playing with friends or Crew. So work cooperatively with them to kill all the cops and military. Then move in to steal the bikes. This being GTA and a Capture someone has to win. The delivery spots are right next to each other. As a Crew determine who did the most work to capture the bikes and let them deliver first for more points.

Part 3: Escape

Picking up a the spot where the last one left off. Your crew has stolen the prototype motorcycles but now you have to lose the cops and get to Simeons Garage to remove the GPS trackers. Features a large FREESTYLE section through LS; see who knows the quickest route to Simeon's Garage. Freestyle means you can chose your own route for most of the journey.

Part 4: Stash

Your crew has stolen the prototype motorcycles and delivered them to Simeon's Grage to have the GPS trackers removed. The cops know you are in the area escape and deliver the getaway vehicles to the Dam. COOP capture.  

Again this is a COOP Capture work with your buddies to fight the cops and get out alive. Obviously one crew member has to get there first.

Part 5: Case Race

Your crew has successfully stashed the prototype motorcycles as getaway vehicles at the dam. Time to round up some Explosives. Another one of your brainier crew members has learned that there is a transfer of cases loaded with Explosives happening at a LSPD station. Be the first to arrive and steal the Cases.

Part 6: Explosives

Team up to steal cases of explosives from the LSPD. Take the cases to Lester's Warehouse for modification.

Part 7: Plant

Another COOP capture. Lester has modified the cases of explosives to be triggered by your Crew. Work as a TEAM to take the cases of explosives from Lester's warehouse and plant them at the dam.

Part 8: Detonate

The cases of Explosives have been set. Get on the Prototype Motorcycles, escape to a safe distance, and call in your Ransom.

All of this really hinges on the idea of a COOP capture. Obviously it wont work with random noobs. This is intended to be played with friends who know that there are limitations on the Content Creator that dont really allow cooperative missions or heists to be created yet.

By working together against the cops/military this sort of simulates a heist. Each section has its own payout and obviously there will be no ransom paid. 8)

I have many more ideas on heists like this and really do want feedback as to what you think works or didn't work.

thrillhous
  • thrillhous

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:29 AM

There does seem to be a slight error on the Captures. I have specified in them that the starting weapons should be owned+pickups... but for some reason the default when launching the missions seems to be forced+pickups.

thrillhous
  • thrillhous

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

I have updated part 3 Dam Blowup: Escape.

It used to have a Freeform section in the middle of it. I have removed it and put in a more standard race.

In freeform race I would have a starting point and a destination that was really far away. This allowed the player to chose their own route based on memory and map knowledge.

But since it was on motorcycles the probability of smashing the characters delicate noggin and having to go all the way back to the checkpoint was too high.

thrillhous
  • thrillhous

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

I have updated part 6 Dam Blowup: Explosives

The cops had their spawn set to infinity. I lowered that value to make the shootout a little more reasonable.

thrillhous
  • thrillhous

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:35 AM

I have updated Part 2: Prototypes.

Originally I had the respawn vehicle set to Albany Emperor. But they started to clog up the bridge on the way to the shootout.

So I have changed the respawn vehicle to none.

Enmonado
  • Enmonado

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

I have updated part 6 Dam Blowup: Explosives

The cops had their spawn set to infinity. I lowered that value to make the shootout a little more reasonable.

That's what i liked the most, in fact i have played the whole playlist and i have to say, the part 6 was the funnier part, and i think it was due to the large amount of cops.

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:33 PM

I'll be trying this with some friends soon. Really appreciate all the effort that's gone in to it.

thrillhous
  • thrillhous

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:30 PM

I'll be trying this with some friends soon. Really appreciate all the effort that's gone in to it.

How did it go? Any feedback for me?

Devinisdabomb
  • Devinisdabomb

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

That's really cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users