Tekken 7

58 replies to this topic
Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:56 PM

I really couldn't care less about its popularity, I find it boring and too slow paced for my liking. Always have, and I grew up playing fighting games on freakin' arcade machines. It never held up well against the likes of Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat.

Do you just float from thread to thread telling people how much you don't like things?

• EmSixTeen likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

I really couldn't care less about its popularity, I find it boring and too slow paced for my liking. Always have, and I grew up playing fighting games on freakin' arcade machines. It never held up well against the likes of Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat.

Do you just float from thread to thread telling people how much you don't like things?

Yes. That is exactly what I do.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

A very constructive and valid use of your time. Well done, we are all very proud. 

Setzaroth
  • Setzaroth

Machiavellian Fist Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:59 PM

What do you mean uninspired? They're on par with basically every other fighter out there. Some characters are just as iconic as Mortal Kombat.

That's your opinion. I think they look boring.

My opinion is that they are well done, sure... (a well founded opinion mind you) However, the assertion that some of the fighters' designs are iconic in the genre is a fact.

Joemoetoe
  • Joemoetoe

Champion of the Amazons

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:42 AM

Tekken is my fave fighting game. I'm ready for this

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

⌚ Obsession ⌚

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

Tekken is miles faster than Street Fighter, just saying.  Street Fighter is probably the slowest of fighting games, hence why lots of players compare Street Fighter to chess, as players have to play way more cautiously than the likes of Tekken, MK, Marvel vs Capcom, etc.

The difference is extremely obvious too

vs

In Tekken you keep on swinging, while in Street Fighter you have to keep trying to land footsies game and such.  Tekken revolves around combo strings so it's way faster, as playing super cautiously is going to get you nowhere really.  I don't mind that you don't like Tekken, just you saying it's real slow got me a bit bothered is all.

• Ermac and Ivan1997GTA like this

The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

I WAS going to get this game on PC once I buy it, but after reading that it will have PS4 exclusive content (without any indication that it's timed), I don't think I will be getting this anymore. I still WANT to get this game, but my OCD-overloaded, perfectionist, no-nonsense, Drill-Sargent, fuse-less, mad beast side of me doesn't feel like putting up with this nonsense, so I'm probably not getting it anytime soon. I am at least going to wait and see if this content is coming out later, but for now, it's off the books. And don't even get me STARTED on Katsuhiro Harada's dumb excuse for this nonsense. He tried flipping the tables around when someone complained about PC not having those features, but he failed miserably and it just looks stupid in my eyes:

"Exclusive PSVR content for PS4 = disrespect to PC??
[email protected] Exclusive 4K Tekken7 for PC in disrespect to loyal playstation tekken fans..."

Having 4K in the PC version of the game is in NO WAY a disrispect to PS4 fans. The base PS4 model is physically and technically incapable of running in 4K, but the PS4 Pro is completely able to run in 4K (if you can even call it that) and probably will, so that point is pretty much moot. Different systems have different capabilities, and PC will always be the most powerful, no matter what happens, and taking advantage of that will never be unfair to the other platforms (in fact, PC players complain about games not taking full advantage of their own hardware as unfair, since developers are too centered on consoles to focus on the PC versions and they say consoles are holding graphics back, which is unfortunately true, as major graphical features were cut on Unreal Engine 4 because "next-gen consoles couldn't handle it", so their complaining wasn't all that unjustified). There should be NO EXCUSE for console exclusive content, as they will NOT SELL MORE CONSOLES! They just make people hate the companies more, and it just unnecessarily wastes Sony's money from paying them to do this. Seriously, this madness HAS to stop.

Setzaroth
  • Setzaroth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:33 AM

Perfect against true final boss of Tekken 7. This was standard difficulty. It looks really easy, but this is one of the hardest fights in the game. Took me probably 20 tries to learn his pattern and figure out what is punishable and when.

• Mitsuha likes this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:10 PM

I see Eddy's back in the game, wearing a horrible leopard print jacket that makes him look like a complete twat and poser but i can look past that, as long as i can do some mad capoeira and break dance some people to death, it's all good.

Setzaroth
  • Setzaroth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:16 PM

I see Eddy's back in the game, wearing a horrible leopard print jacket that makes him look like a complete twat and poser but i can look past that, as long as i can do some mad capoeira and break dance some people to death, it's all good.

Ya, not a fan of the redesign. He has some other clothes that can be applied in customization though

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:01 AM

Im having tons of fun learning paul in tekken 7

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:42 AM

Friends are already starting to drop off for the same reasons that put me off Tekken before - The amount of things needed to learn to even start playing properly.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:43 AM

I have this game as Tekken is my favourite fight series but thanks to Gunrunning I've seldom played it and I did not have much luck with the online

experience in the first weeks of release and lost most of my matches.

It's a fantastic game graphically and I love the story lines but as EmSixTeen says the amount of things to learn is very off putting as I'm not good at button

combo's. Going to have another go at this today though as I see there's a new update file out.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

Honestly it's not the combos that make it hard, I play other fighting games so I'm used to the nuance needed, but in Tekken there's an unbelievable requirement to learn other characters strings/distances/etc.

Definitely have a go at it though, I'm just speaking from the point of view of someone who likes to be quite competitive but doesn't have time to sink in to something so different.

Setzaroth
  • Setzaroth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:24 AM

Friends are already starting to drop off for the same reasons that put me off Tekken before - The amount of things needed to learn to even start playing properly.

Yep. Learning every matchup in streetfighter is about the equivalent of learning everything about one matchup in Tekken.

Setzaroth
  • Setzaroth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:44 AM

Got my first rage quit  :lol:

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:51 AM

Yep. Learning every matchup in streetfighter is about the equivalent of learning everything about one matchup in Tekken.

Pretty much, and it's why I stick to SF (personally). I'd rather play against my opponent than the game.

Setzaroth
  • Setzaroth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

Pretty much, and it's why I stick to SF (personally). I'd rather play against my opponent than the game.

It's just mechanics. SF has them too. Tekken just has more.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:02 AM

Not what I was getting at, but you're not wrong.

Setzaroth
  • Setzaroth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

All character episode endings

Setzaroth
  • Setzaroth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

Some ranked gameplay with Lars. Not my best but it worked out

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:40 PM

Haven't played this series in ages, does it still have the bowling mini game?  

Static
  • Static

Natural blondie like Goku

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:46 PM

Haven't played this series in ages, does it still have the bowling mini game?  

They actually just announced it, as DLC unfortunately. Even though you know that sh*t is on-disc.

Setzaroth
  • Setzaroth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:27 PM

Mentor Promotion with Lars

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

certified forklift driver

• Facade
  • None
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:38 AM Edited by Jinx., 17 July 2017 - 10:39 AM.

Shiet. #hype

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:20 PM

getting a Capcom vs Snk feeling so hype

Setzaroth
  • Setzaroth

• Members
  • United-States