Photo

Looking for team for a project

15 replies to this topic
arvark
  • arvark

Oh yes, we'll keep on trying.

• BUSTED!
  • Italy

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:39 PM Edited by Doc 1985, 12 July 2014 - 09:47 PM.

I want to do a little game, like GTA, with this  graphic http://i.imgur.com/M4GFX7z.jpg‏, this project is not paid as this going to be a free game (At least for now), we don't have any time limits, you can use, I know it may sound idiotic, but I know how developing a game works, coding (Most likely C#, C++  and some Engine like Unity uses JavaScript), modelling (Most of the GE uses his format, Unity doesn't though, it compresses all in the .EXE as far as I know), animating (I didn't understand much about how getting them In a game) and editing the GE (As far as I know you have to use an SDK). I don't want to sit there and do nothing while you work. I can model, do animation and a little bit of texture-ing.

Here are all spots you can get:

Programmer (Necessary)

Modeller (Necessary)

GE Coding (Not Highly necessary, but it'd be nice)

Animator (Necessary)

Texturer: (Necessary)

I want to do a cartoony game, so animation and models will be easy to do.

Features;

Driving cars

Shooting

Killing;

Being wanted;

Buying Houses 

Saving

Changing Clothes

Missions

Guns pickup

Buying guns

Health points.

Being Killed

Being busted.

Requirements

Programmer:Knowing C#, JS or any Unity compatible language.

Modeller: Modellers have to know how to model, I don't care wich SW you use, you just need an .OBJ exporter

GE Coder: Know how to edit the Game Engine (Unity)

Animator: Animators have to know to animate.

Texturer: Texturers have to know how to texture, Photoshop is advised, but you can use any software.

The GameEngine will be Unity3D, but if a programmer finds another GE (As long as it's free) more comfortable we can swap. 

How I want the game to look:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT! I DON'T WANT THE GAME TO BE EXACTLY LIKE THAT, I ONLY WANT THE GRAPHIC TO LOOK SIMILAR.

• StarryCloth likes this

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

The Contractor

• Members
  • European-Union
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

Even if the concept's nice, don't expect people to want to help you, sadly.

arvark
  • arvark

• BUSTED!
  • Italy

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

I know, but that's how all project started, maybe some good people could help me, it's nothing like W_D, GTA V ecc. An experienced coder with modellers, texturers and animators can do this shortly...

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

The Contractor

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:54 PM Edited by CasualSergiu, 12 July 2014 - 09:55 PM.

Well, you're right there but, it's waaay too ambitious for its own good, honestly. Indie projects always end in two possible ways, either become successful or die in the development process, I don't see it happening. Still, if you're that ambitious and determined to do it, you could eventually pass. Good luck on your project, mate. 

arvark
  • arvark

• BUSTED!
  • Italy

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:59 PM

I don't want all and now (Even if my title does not say so, but that's just a reference to Queen :p), just, like all games get created, player, anims, then map and then the rest of the additional features.

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

The Contractor

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:49 PM Edited by CasualSergiu, 12 July 2014 - 10:53 PM.

I don't want all and now (Even if my title does not say so, but that's just a reference to Queen :p), just, like all games get created, player, anims, then map and then the rest of the additional features.

$$$ is calling, yeah, he's looking for you, said, umm...he'll help you out.

On a serious note, honestly, do you really think that somebody's gonna come up and help you out (with you having no progress yet)? I mean, unless you pay them or you do have some progress and they want to help you out of good will, nobody's going to do it.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

If you know how game development works, then why don't you start putting a game together.

If not, then what would people who do want with you? You are just dead weight.

• theNGclan likes this

arvark
  • arvark

• BUSTED!
  • Italy

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:53 AM

I'm not, I can model (But one modeler can not do all the work, same thing for a coder), and I could start, but I need coders -.-

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

here is the big problem. you need coders, working from scratch on an engine which requires you to pay to use. the coding may be the easy part in a way but it is the most time consuming. noone will spend months writing code for you out of the good of there heart, and kind of insulting that you ask them to.
my advise would be to get skyrim, and use the world editor to make your game, as most of the groundwork has already been done.

arvark
  • arvark

• BUSTED!
  • Italy

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

Actually Unity3D is free.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

Unity is a good idea. It's easy enough to work with. Grab yourself a copy, see if you can make a character model, animate that character, and get animated character into Unity. If you can do that, it's a start. That will get people to consider you more seriously, and you should be able to find a Unity coder relatively easily.

arvark
  • arvark

• BUSTED!
  • Italy

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:59 PM Edited by Doc 1985, 13 July 2014 - 06:59 PM.

I know a good texturer that can help me, a whole blender community willijg to help me, so i guess it worth to try

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:42 AM

My best advice is do what I did. If you want to work with a good team - get hired by one.

But go for it. Point is, you won't get anywhere by just showing up on a site bringing nothing but grand ideas and trying to find help. Even if you find someone, it won't be people you want to work with. The only way you'll get someone to work with you is if you can show that you'll be pulling your weight.

arvark
  • arvark

• BUSTED!
  • Italy

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

As soon as my HD will be fixed (I can use only browser, if I use Blender or other programs it crash), I'll start to work on the player. And where do I find a team?

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

one does not simply find a team for free. you're ignoring all advise given to you. find some place else to look for someone to make a game for you.

StarryCloth
  • StarryCloth

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Sweden

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

I want to do a little game, like GTA, with this  graphic http://i.imgur.com/M4GFX7z.jpg‏, this project is not paid as this going to be a free game (At least for now), we don't have any time limits, you can use, I know it may sound idiotic, but I know how developing a game works, coding (Most likely C#, C++  and some Engine like Unity uses JavaScript), modelling (Most of the GE uses his format, Unity doesn't though, it compresses all in the .EXE as far as I know), animating (I didn't understand much about how getting them In a game) and editing the GE (As far as I know you have to use an SDK). I don't want to sit there and do nothing while you work. I can model, do animation and a little bit of texture-ing.

Here are all spots you can get:

Programmer (Necessary)

Modeller (Necessary)

GE Coding (Not Highly necessary, but it'd be nice)

Animator (Necessary)

Texturer: (Necessary)

I want to do a cartoony game, so animation and models will be easy to do.

Features;

Driving cars

Shooting

Killing;

Being wanted;

Buying Houses 

Saving

Changing Clothes

Missions

Guns pickup

Buying guns

Health points.

Being Killed

Being busted.

Requirements

Programmer:Knowing C#, JS or any Unity compatible language.

Modeller: Modellers have to know how to model, I don't care wich SW you use, you just need an .OBJ exporter

GE Coder: Know how to edit the Game Engine (Unity)

Animator: Animators have to know to animate.

Texturer: Texturers have to know how to texture, Photoshop is advised, but you can use any software.

The GameEngine will be Unity3D, but if a programmer finds another GE (As long as it's free) more comfortable we can swap. 

How I want the game to look:

Spoiler

IMPORTANT! I DON'T WANT THE GAME TO BE EXACTLY LIKE THAT, I ONLY WANT THE GRAPHIC TO LOOK SIMILAR.

I am an proffesional texturer in the age of 11! From sweden! I would gladly help you with that! :D Really good idea yo have in ya head!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users