jeter2
  • jeter2

GTA's Car & Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

Hello There!

I have a question that i am pretty sure alot of people also have

How will Vehicle Mods work with Los Santos Customs?

Like in the one mission where you have to get Amanda's (Michael Wife's) Car fixed and you have that car modded to say a actual BMW M3 will the game crash

I remember in San Andreas thats what happened to me

Does anyone know how Los Santos Customs or if it even does will function with Vehicle Mods?

Thanks

milenkovic24
  • milenkovic24

Srbin

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

http://gtaforums.com...ing-discussion/ Here is thread about mods.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

Honestly, no idea.

I would probably guess that Amandas car in the boat stealing mission will replace your modded BMW M3, as it's a scripted mission vehicle.

Then, the BMW M3 will appear again with mods you applied to the Amandas car. In the best case. In worst case, the game will say something like "WTF, are you kidding me, i can't work like that, here's a exception error number blablabla, fock you very much."

• LZoleee likes this

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

If the modder made the BMW to specifically replace Amanda's car, then it's probably gonna work flawlessly.

There will be no crashes if the mod is properly made and it will appear in every mission and cutscene.

• jeter2 likes this

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:26 AM Edited by Delta India Echo, 16 July 2014 - 02:26 AM.

If you understood how GTA IV car mods worked with the extras, then it's no rocket science that it's gonna work flawlessly.

It's exactly the same system, only this time around you buy the "extras" they don't spawn randomly on the streets. About wheel models, it doesn't even need to be changed either. Unless ofcourse you want an specific rim mod.

jeter2
  • jeter2

GTA's Car & Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:09 AM

If you understood how GTA IV car mods worked with the extras, then it's no rocket science that it's gonna work flawlessly.

It's exactly the same system, only this time around you buy the "extras" they don't spawn randomly on the streets. About wheel models, it doesn't even need to be changed either. Unless ofcourse you want an specific rim mod.

But GTA IV is Still different in terms of Los Santos Customs

Like Aleph-Zero Stated the "BMW M3" would have to specifically be designed for the Zion Cabrio used in the Boat mission

In GTA IV i could mod any car into any car unless say a 4 Passanger Vehicle was required

So i do not believe its going to work flawlessly as it did in GTA IV with no custom mods shop I believe it is going to require more work on the Car Mod Developers Side?

Thanks for your reply

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:23 AM Edited by Delta India Echo, 16 July 2014 - 03:23 AM.

But GTA IV is Still different in terms of Los Santos Customs

Like Aleph-Zero Stated the "BMW M3" would have to specifically be designed for the Zion Cabrio used in the Boat mission

In GTA IV i could mod any car into any car unless say a 4 Passanger Vehicle was required

So i do not believe its going to work flawlessly as it did in GTA IV with no custom mods shop I believe it is going to require more work on the Car Mod Developers Side?

Thanks for your reply

Probably, I haven't checked the game files. But if there is a sentinel3.wtf (sentinel and sentinel2 are the XS and Cabrio version each) in there, then that's probably gonna be the Sentinel used in that mission.

• jeter2 likes this

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:18 AM Edited by Skizzo45, 17 July 2014 - 12:19 AM.

Modifications were in SA as well, only that it was Transfender instead of LS Customs. The problem is, if the modder creates extra parts for the mod, they will show in LS Customs, if not, then you will be able to only apply paint jobs, window tints, wheels, tire smoke etc. In SA, if you modded a vehicle, then you took it to a mod garage and try to apply a spoiler or bumper or exhaust or anything other than paints and wheels or non-visual upgardes, the game would crash. So essenatially, you will kind of have to sacrifice costumization for modded cars if the modder doesn't accomodate the original vehicle's custom items with the car he creates.

Im curious to see about the custom license plates since what I always hated about car mods was that a lot of them either had no plate or they had some fake-ass plate that was not the original.

• jeter2 likes this

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:24 AM Edited by Delta India Echo, 17 July 2014 - 12:25 AM.

Modifications were in SA as well, only that it was Transfender instead of LS Customs. The problem is, if the modder creates extra parts for the mod, they will show in LS Customs, if not, then you will be able to only apply paint jobs, window tints, wheels, tire smoke etc. In SA, if you modded a vehicle, then you took it to a mod garage and try to apply a spoiler or bumper or exhaust or anything other than paints and wheels or non-visual upgardes, the game would crash. So essenatially, you will kind of have to sacrifice costumization for modded cars if the modder doesn't accomodate the original vehicle's custom items with the car he creates.

Im curious to see about the custom license plates since what I always hated about car mods was that a lot of them either had no plate or they had some fake-ass plate that was not the original.

I suppose this time around the selected parts will be invisible if you choose them. Unless the modder applies them.

GTA SA was an unstable heap of sh*t back in the good ol' days.

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

Just like in SA most likely. You will have to download a car that supports those mods. If you download a car that does not, then the game will crash as soon as you try to put it on or even enter the LSC. Pretty simple actually. This is why I`ll try to stay away from car mods just like I did with SA. Also keep in mind that some cut-scenes are using cars so I would suggest to make a list of cars that should be chosen carefully during the first walk-through, while waiting for quality mods to be released.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

I suppose this time around the selected parts will be invisible if you choose them. Unless the modder applies them.

GTA SA was an unstable heap of sh*t back in the good ol' days.

No, this doesn't have anything to do with SA being old or ''unstable'' Any game will crash when a mod goes where it's not supposed to. And I am more than certain that GTA V will crash as well if you take a modified vehicle to LS Customs and try to apply for ex. a spolier from the original car.

jeter2
  • jeter2

GTA's Car & Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:06 PM Edited by nkhaira, 20 July 2014 - 12:08 PM.

Im curious to see about the custom license plates since what I always hated about car mods was that a lot of them either had no plate or they had some fake-ass plate that was not the original.Cu

Custom License Plates from Modders did suck

andersona7x6661
  • andersona7x6661

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

Guuudu

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

Since parts can be hex edited to any vehicle.. i guess the normal parts will appear.

I just hope for all the modders that they take the time and create actual body kits the original vehicle had.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users