Photo

Trevor Discussion [spoilers]

89 replies to this topic
The Harwood Bitcher
  • The Harwood Bitcher

f*ck YOU

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:44 AM Edited by The Harwood Bitcher, 15 August 2014 - 03:58 AM.

Trevor is really umpredictable and spontaneous
Uses bullying and treaths as means to get his way
He has is own " unique" charm ,displays great violence at the slightest provocation
And last i feared for michael and franklin everytime he losed his sh*t near them
He reminds to an ex girlfriend i had and was unnerving being with her,you never know what crazy sh*t she was gonna do next
That being said,it has becomebmy second favorite gta character and i always play with with him because just like my ex, is f*cking awesome to go bananas with him

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

One o' them Illuminati motherf*ckers

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

I believe I had all three guys hanging out together, and Trevor was making Michael and Franklin ask him a question. Franklin asked Trevor if he was gay. Trevor's response was, "Yes... No... Do you want me to be?" He then went on to say he likes who he likes and doesn't worry about it.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

OK so can we all agree that Trevor is bisexual? Lol

Sofa
  • Sofa

innocent bystander

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:14 PM Edited by Sofa, 16 August 2014 - 03:16 PM.

OK so can we all agree that Trevor is bisexual? Lol

I guess, or even omnisexual, as trevor does imply going for anything in any way, come to think of it. I'd say this term pretty much fits.

A definition :"a sado-masochistic, homo, necro, peda, bestial, with the desire to screw anything: animal, vegetable, or mineral!" (Urban dictionary)

Hhmmm, i've heard that last part somewhere before.....
  • OneManCrimeWave likes this

Young Martini
  • Young Martini

The New Guy in Town

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:44 PM Edited by Andreas, 19 August 2014 - 10:05 PM. Merged posts.

I saw many times in GTA V mentioned Trevor's boyfriend... and some lil' weird things Trevor says who make me doubt if he is gay or not... what you think?

Is he gay?

noggerchoc
  • noggerchoc

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

I saw many times in GTA V mentioned Trevor's boyfriend... and some lil' weird things Trevor says who make me doubt if he is gay or not... what you think?

Is he gay?

I think he's bisexual

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

I just don't think he gives a f*ck

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

he's the only character with any real morals

sure he doesn't do anything if you choose to kill micheal

but unlike micheal he doesn't show up to help either

troughout the story it's pretty clear that Micheal is just selfish looking out for himself, Franklin seems to just be in it for the money or something

only Trevor has any motivations outside of his own self interests . his whole battle with the military industrial complex, him saving martin's wife etc.

what do the other 2 do for any1 but themselves?

out of the 3 main characters he is the only 1 I'd want as a friend, the other 2 are just selfish assholes if you ask me.

EVERYBODY has a smart phone. it'd be unrealistic if he didn't have one

i don't have a smart phone, don't need one, don't even want one

overpriced annoying little buggers turning every1 into self absorbed screen staring idiots

oww gotta facebook this sandwich I'm eating, oh no my simpsons village needs my attention, oh need to take part in this whatsapp conversation about nothing even though I'm in company in a public place etc.

f*cking idiots, whatever happened to common decency!

just as calculators have ruined our math skills, all this communication technology will ruin our communication skills

if it doesn't have a like or re-tweet button people simply won't understand.

• OneManCrimeWave and Sofa like this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

troughout the story it's pretty clear that Micheal is just selfish looking out for himself, Franklin seems to just be in it for the money or something

only Trevor has any motivations outside of his own self interests . his whole battle with the military industrial complex, him saving martin's wife etc.

out of the 3 main characters he is the only 1 I'd want as a friend, the other 2 are just selfish assholes if you ask me.

overpriced annoying little buggers turning every1 into self absorbed screen staring idiots

oww gotta facebook this sandwich I'm eating, oh no my simpsons village needs my attention, oh need to take part in this whatsapp conversation about nothing even though I'm in company in a public place etc.

just as calculators have ruined our math skills, all this communication technology will ruin our communication skills

phones ruin comunication skills.

calculators have increased my math skills.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

really? than you'd be an exception

most people now a days can't even do simple calculations without help from a computer (me included)

but the generation before me never had this luxury so they do everything in their head or on paper (for the really complicated ones)

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

really? than you'd be an exception
most people now a days can't even do simple calculations without help from a computer (me included)
but the generation before me never had this luxury so they do everything in their head or on paper (for the really complicated ones)
My algebra teacher has taught me a lot of things. We just use calculators for a little help, like graphing and solving equations.

OneManCrimeWave
  • OneManCrimeWave

The One Lovable yet Deadly Human Criminal Conspiracy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

This is why I can't understand how people can call Trevor a Psychopath/Sociopath who just doesn't give a f*ck. It's been shown several times throughout the story that Trevor can show empathy and sympathy and cares about people, whether they're close to him or not. This why he's so built on loyalty. The reason for why he acts so unhinged is because of his extreme, undiagnosed case of borderline personality disorder and the crank screwing with him psychologically.   

• Sofa and maxpaynefan like this

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:12 PM

Trevor actually has some of the most understanding or knowing scenes...

-he was really willing to die to save M in the prologue

-in Trevor Philips Industries, when the bar lady says "I will not serve you", the look on T's face is just soooo good. the subtle face twitches are just so humble.

-when he comes to LS and he says "I mourned you" overlooking the city he looks super humble and genuinely hurt

-before torture scene begins, when T says "looks like a good time" to M saying "what is this"... you can tell in his face that he's not actually excited.. he's just saying that because he knows M can't handle it. he's being a friend. he says "run along" but what his face is saying, "go. let me handle this for me, brother."

-if you do Heist 2 Ship, at the very end after they take back the weapon, T's face is super humble and even crushed a little. it's very well done compared to Offshare where he just goes pyscho.

one of my best moments for T was after Exile ended and M went back to LS.... and I switched to T for the first time

T was sitting on his trailer balcony at sunset just smoking myself... he looked so... remorseful, lost of thought, serious...  you just never seem him so passive and in deep thought, just sitting there, smoking, staring at nothing... and then i walked inside the apartment and saw for the first time how messy it become.

i really felt in that moment that during Exile, T really genuinely was happy having M back and also being in love... and once again he lost it again and was just crushed. and i think that's what sparked him to real dig into Brad again. 

• HoleInTheSky, OneManCrimeWave, Carmain2K and 2 others like this

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:58 AM

Agreed I love reading deeper into the characters like that some really good points you made I think that's when t was happiest Michael back and in love. I originally picked A because I felt like he needed to be put out of his misery too much of a liability to keep around especially after the big one. And it was only a matter of time before he either snapped and killed m and f or let his temper get the better of him and get everyone killed
  • maxpaynefan likes this

The Harwood Bitcher
  • The Harwood Bitcher

f*ck YOU

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:01 AM

If you get drunk with franklin hes gonna come onto him
Franklin:-so how crazy can you get?
Trevor::-how crazy you want me?
Crazy bad or crazy sexy?
Franklin:-DUDEEEE!!!
I gonna let that one slide cause you re drunk
Trevor:-cmon!
No one gonna know ,no one gonna judge

I f*cking spit my beer at that moment

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:12 AM

Trevor actually has some of the most understanding or knowing scenes...

-he was really willing to die to save M in the prologue

-in Trevor Philips Industries, when the bar lady says "I will not serve you", the look on T's face is just soooo good. the subtle face twitches are just so humble.

-when he comes to LS and he says "I mourned you" overlooking the city he looks super humble and genuinely hurt

-before torture scene begins, when T says "looks like a good time" to M saying "what is this"... you can tell in his face that he's not actually excited.. he's just saying that because he knows M can't handle it. he's being a friend. he says "run along" but what his face is saying, "go. let me handle this for me, brother."

-if you do Heist 2 Ship, at the very end after they take back the weapon, T's face is super humble and even crushed a little. it's very well done compared to Offshare where he just goes pyscho.

one of my best moments for T was after Exile ended and M went back to LS.... and I switched to T for the first time

T was sitting on his trailer balcony at sunset just smoking myself... he looked so... remorseful, lost of thought, serious...  you just never seem him so passive and in deep thought, just sitting there, smoking, staring at nothing... and then i walked inside the apartment and saw for the first time how messy it become.

i really felt in that moment that during Exile, T really genuinely was happy having M back and also being in love... and once again he lost it again and was just crushed. and i think that's what sparked him to real dig into Brad again. 

Great words for a semi great character. :D

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:02 AM Edited by S1N0D3UTSCHT3K, 21 August 2014 - 02:06 AM.

Agreed I love reading deeper into the characters like that some really good points you made I think that's when t was happiest Michael back and in love. I originally picked A because I felt like he needed to be put out of his misery too much of a liability to keep around especially after the big one. And it was only a matter of time before he either snapped and killed m and f or let his temper get the better of him and get everyone killed

Ending A was actually pretty decent... especially T's death and then M's words after T dies about his limits... I thought it was a pretty cool scene and well acted (ending b was just bad and felt forced)

it was very rushed and short though. i mean, you can't have a 60 hour game building up a relationship and then just so abruptly end it in 10 minutes

all the endings were a bit rushed though, i mean the REAL peak moment where the game could have ended was when T/M/F were driving back from SS to LS (if you do Subtle).... that was an amazing moment one of the best in the game (on par with the victory drive after Heist 1 in the van to the parking garage or victory drive in the getaway vehicle after Heist 5 Fire to Lester's place) ... and after that they just bitch and argue in a silly way and then have a super rushed ending

even Ending C i mean Lester gives up and says kill T and M after like just five seconds of thought. it felt so fake and poorly acted. Ending C should have been like 3-5 missions that took a few hours and really taken the time to build up more emotion.

the ending scene though was awesome (even though it should have been Steve Haines or Devin Weston in the car since Haines was really the main antagonist the whole game) 

and when T is just left there and M drives off and then T realizes he has no car and no ride, and the way he just kinda spins and shrugs like "...ooookaay thennnn shiiiiit guess im walking" it's perfect lol

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:29 AM

I can see that while Trevor is a crazy and depraved human being, he does have a soft side and a sense of morality. Hell, when I saw the bit when he was driving Patricia home, I felt a little touched. You can really see that he had genuine feelings for Patricia, and whenever she called him, his soft side definitely was definitely shown. Hell, he even has a soft spot for Michael's own children. To Jimmy and Tracey, he was like an uncle to them and they loved the guy. I really wonder how he was to them when they were kids. Hell, he was in Michael's life even dating back to the early 1990s when it was said that Tracey sit on Trevor's lap when she was 2 years old.

As for his sexual preference, I can't really say if he was totally straight or not. He made sex jokes to guys as well, and part of me sensed that he wasn't fully joking if you know what I mean. I would say he was mostly into women, but I wouldn't doubt if he had some kind of sexual feelings towards guys either.

• Zwenkwiel and maxpaynefan like this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:46 AM

I can see that while Trevor is a crazy and depraved human being, he does have a soft side and a sense of morality. Hell, when I saw the bit when he was driving Patricia home, I felt a little touched. You can really see that he had genuine feelings for Patricia, and whenever she called him, his soft side definitely was definitely shown.

"and if you leave me now you, you'll take away the very heart of me

ooh ooh ooh ooh no baby please don't go"

really loved that part as well

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

I can see that while Trevor is a crazy and depraved human being, he does have a soft side and a sense of morality. Hell, when I saw the bit when he was driving Patricia home, I felt a little touched. You can really see that he had genuine feelings for Patricia, and whenever she called him, his soft side definitely was definitely shown. Hell, he even has a soft spot for Michael's own children. To Jimmy and Tracey, he was like an uncle to them and they loved the guy. I really wonder how he was to them when they were kids. Hell, he was in Michael's life even dating back to the early 1990s when it was said that Tracey sit on Trevor's lap when she was 2 years old.

As for his sexual preference, I can't really say if he was totally straight or not. He made sex jokes to guys as well, and part of me sensed that he wasn't fully joking if you know what I mean. I would say he was mostly into women, but I wouldn't doubt if he had some kind of sexual feelings towards guys either.

Thats what i liked about trevor, he cared for michael's kids. i liked it when he said he would kill to keep them safe from people like lazlow.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:47 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 21 August 2014 - 07:47 PM.

Is it strange that I find Trevor to be the most unlikeable protagonist personality wise, yet have the most fun playing as him? Well he's a horrible person, playing as him really gives you the opportunity to be a complete asshole and psychopath to everyone.

• Sofa likes this

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

A lot of people can't look past the fact that Trevor is dirty, loud and a psychotic "hillbilly" (some people pay so little attention to dialogue that they don't even know he's Canadian)

Trevor is special. Rockstar presented him at face-value as a generic psycho who has no morals and kills masses without a thought, with no aim but killing, money, drugs and hookers. The fact that he's actually the deepest character in GTA 5 is hilarious. The writers done this on purpose.

I would literally have to write an essay to explain my full thoughts on Trevor. Take away Trevor from GTA 5 and it would easily become the worst story I've played through.

Oh and he plays/played hockey, so I'm not going to disagree with Trevor.

• Alec Skorpio, OneManCrimeWave, Xerukal and 1 other like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:19 PM Edited by Xerukal, 21 August 2014 - 09:23 PM.

A lot of people can't look past the fact that Trevor is dirty, loud and a psychotic "hillbilly" (some people pay so little attention to dialogue that they don't even know he's Canadian)

Trevor is special. Rockstar presented him at face-value as a generic psycho who has no morals and kills masses without a thought, with no aim but killing, money, drugs and hookers. The fact that he's actually the deepest character in GTA 5 is hilarious. The writers done this on purpose.

I would literally have to write an essay to explain my full thoughts on Trevor. Take away Trevor from GTA 5 and it would easily become the worst story I've played through.

Oh and he plays/played hockey, so I'm not going to disagree with Trevor.

I'm glad people are starting to catch onto something I've wrote essays on in the past. 

I don't mean that in the "NOW YOU SEE THE LIGHT, ALL THANKS TO ME" type of way. I mean it in the most literal sense. I tried to explain the fact that Trevor is a trap of a character. That you shouldn't take him at face value or else the entire idea of his existence will be ruined for you, and so you'll be left with a caricature of a character, a marketing ploy of sorts (he was touted as "the crazy one" all along), which isn't how deep his story goes at all. 

He has complexities and, contrary to popular belief pinning those complexities on inconsistent writing, they are deliberate. Because the delicate touches of humanity and morality that fuel some of his actions throughout the journey of his character are so subtle that they simply CAN'T be a writer's easy way out. These things take actual effort to work into the character, and even more effort for the actor (Steven Ogg) to put just the right amount of energy and emotion into it. 

• The Gardener, OneManCrimeWave and Sofa like this

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:29 AM Edited by S1N0D3UTSCHT3K, 22 August 2014 - 02:29 AM.

one of the best scenes in the game is the start of Predator where T says he talked to F because he needs help and M gets mad

the moment when T says "that's so typical of you, more worried about yourself then asking about my trouble"

and then M's eyes dart back and forth, in a very embarrassed thinking sort of way... and then says "......you're right.... i did do that"

and T nods

amazing face and voice work.... one of the best scenes between those two

• The Harwood Bitcher and maxpaynefan like this

collywobbles
  • collywobbles

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:47 PM

One thing I ain't understandin is how Trev hang wit dudes like Ronald an wade. He seem pretty chillin but he hangin wit nerds. He only makin fun of them an rapin em whenever they chill. I don't get what he seein in them scrawny jawns. I meen wade seem a little cool but he soundin like he chewin on a pogo stick. Anybody know why he hangin wit chumps.
  • VCR likes this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:00 PM

One thing I ain't understandin is how Trev hang wit dudes like Ronald an wade. He seem pretty chillin but he hangin wit nerds. He only makin fun of them an rapin em whenever they chill. I don't get what he seein in them scrawny jawns. I meen wade seem a little cool but he soundin like he chewin on a pogo stick. Anybody know why he hangin wit chumps.

because he can take advantage of them

collywobbles
  • collywobbles

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:02 PM

True an Trev an ugly dude too, haha. Only a dude who be lookin like Bert an Ernie can act up like Trev.

AlinH92
  • AlinH92

INTJ

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

i don't know about you, but a character who can wear a dress and still look badass in it has an A+ in my book.. also it is amazing how great Steven Ogg "fleshed out" the character, brilliant performance all around. also his "in-a-strange-kind-of-way" relationship with Patricia was funny. personally, while i enjoy playing with all three of them, Trevor seems more adequate to the whole GTA lifestyle, consiering the fact that killing huge amounts of people\police officers in the process *for him* doesn't seem out of the ordinary..long story short [or not], Steven Ogg is an excellent actor. i am very happy that we all got to discover his greatness via this game and he deserves the spotlight more. i do hope he has major work coming his way in the near future, perhaps on a similar *sinister* note (like.. a creepy locksmith, LOL).. -Trevor really had that Ricky from TPB thing going for him, except the rickyisms and hilarious failed business attempt.. on a similar note, confide nemini and.. don't eat indian xD

polaris23
  • polaris23

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

Trevor is my favourite GTA V protagonist. He just rules.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:14 AM

Trevor is very loyal. Too loyal, but he feels genuinely hurt by Michael's betrayal.

Beneath the psycho exterior and shocking acts he's actually a very nuanced and well drawn character. Sometimes he was actually quite touching, like how he relates to Brad, is genuinely hurt by Michael and seems to actually care for Michaels kids...even though it means he advises Jimmy to take up method instead of weed. He abuses Ron, wade and Floyd but in his own f*cked up way acts like they are a little family unit together. Indicating he must've come from a very f*cked up household himself.

He's also the most fully realised and best drawn out character I've seen in a game, ever. I haven't played the last of us yet, that looks really good as well, but I can't judge that. The voice acting, his looks, the writing, the odd clothing, the trailer, the takeover of Floyd's apartment...it all comes together perfectly.
  • OneManCrimeWave and Xerukal like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users