Trevor Discussion [spoilers]

89 replies to this topic
kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

He leaves Michael for dead in north Yankton knows franklin is gonna kill Michael and he does nothing about it. So not that loyal he's better than Michael but not as loyal as he let's on

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

What's next, a Lamar discussion?

OT: If Trevor didn't escape, he would've died as well, so he had to run. He mourned for Michael, and when he found out that he was alive, he was furious. This fury lead to the death of you know who.

As for him not intervening in ending B, it's because Mike is responsible for Brad's death, and also because Mike ratted him out back in North Yankton.

Trevor calls Mike a "snake" for a reason.

• theNGclan, theGTAking101, Luuk' and 4 others like this

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

Lol I'm not doing that I think I'm putting spoilers of some sort in titles and mods are changing it to that.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:30 PM

He leaves Michael for dead in north Yankton

Dammit use spoiler tags next time I haven't beat that part and the whole game is RUINED.

But seriously though, Trevor could have been a good character but they screwed that up by making him "super silly spontaneous". I know he's supposed to be the typical chaotic GTA player personified, but that goes to show that the community shouldn't influence Rockstar's decision making. The only good thing I like about him is that you can give him a big mustache and he has some nice flannel shirts. That's about the only reason as to why I play him.

• slowburn29 and Trevorphilipjfry like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

Is Trevor even aware of what you're doing if you choose ending B? I only played it once but I don't recall Trevor being in the mission at all. 

He didn't leave Michael for dead, he thought Michael got killed right in front of him. What did you expect him to do, fight the entire FIB and North Yankton Police Department just to pull his buddy's corpse to safety? 

• Detective Phelps likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

Is Trevor even aware of what you're doing if you choose ending B? I only played it once but I don't recall Trevor being in the mission at all. 

I know Franklin calls Trevor to tell him what's going on before he arrives at the wind farm or wherever Franklin meets Michael at. Trevor yells at Franklin for going to kill Michael and says they're "meant for each other".

Capital
  • Capital

Generic Goon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

Well he just found out Michael tried to get him whacked, obviously he's not going to put his life at stake to rescue him not even knowing who those guys were. 

The second part about him not saving Michael from Franklin is weird though.. then again that entire ending is surrealistic. So that fitted in with the mission fine.

• Revenge of the Donut likes this

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

Guys Im talking about bury the hatchet not the first mission

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:50 PM Edited by Xerukal, 12 July 2014 - 09:51 PM.

Guys Im talking about bury the hatchet not the first mission

The last reason LSPD stated pretty much applies still. 

it's because Mike is responsible for Brad's death, and also because Mike ratted him out back in North Yankton.

Sensible reasons to leave him to the Chinese, if you ask me. 

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

Michael is an asshole and a snake, and Trevor knows this, but he's also Trevor's best friend and someone he loves. I don't think Trevor could bring himself to personally kill Michael.  

Hot_STUFF
  • Hot_STUFF

I'll kill ya

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

IMO he is best as an insane animal, but would you have liked him if he was sober?

Sofa
  • Sofa

innocent bystander

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

One of the most entertaining gta characters in my opinion. I'll refrain from using my own moral constructs to justify or condemn any ingame character or event, regarding trevor i find the superficial simplicity appealing, and the ulterior complexity interesting enough.

Wildly attentive to the present and little else, trevors way of going about things by being set of by a random impulse to then abandon all consequence, although taken to an extreme, it is funny and strangely familiar to me.

Wipes out all competition in the meth business in response an irritation, and then abandons it in favor of other coincidental "projects" (groundwork done..... OOh shiny). Typical tweaker behavior, or one could argue, symptomatic of certain disorders as well. All of which i find endearing and humorous.

Also a fairly straight arrow, for someone with a significant substance abuse, if one can use the term "straight". Some of the trevor related jokes can make me cringe abit though (penislol).

Unlike michaels depression, and franklins ambition driven narratives, trevors has more tempo.

CaptainMental
  • CaptainMental

Speedballer

• Members
  • Malta

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:39 PM Edited by CaptainMental, 13 July 2014 - 03:49 PM.

But seriously though, Trevor could have been a good character but they screwed that up by making him "super silly spontaneous". I know he's supposed to be the typical chaotic GTA player personified, but that goes to show that the community shouldn't influence Rockstar's decision making. The only good thing I like about him is that you can give him a big mustache and he has some nice flannel shirts. That's about the only reason as to why I play him.

Trevor is probably meant to be a schizophreniac combined with manodepression, basically he is a guy who can go from caring and dependable to a homicidal manicac withinin minutes, when he sets up a goal he seems to be able to pursue it to 100% but he also seems prone to depression. Basically he is one scary m0therfµcker since he is so unpredictable.

I wrote it before, but the most logical ending would have been Michael ending Trevor because Trevor knows Michael was a rat, he knows Michael caused Brads death and that Michael was gonna sell out him and Brad to the police. Only reason why Trevor does not off Michael as soon as he finds out the truth is because Trevor is a schizophreniac who couldn't make up his mind.

StephenJLY17
  • StephenJLY17

Want me to get my dick out again?

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:23 AM

I picked Deathwish but I went and played Option B and A. Franklin has Lamar, Michael has his family whereas Trevor has nobody.

Killing Trevor actually made me sad
  • jkim_1 likes this

Joekill95
  • Joekill95

The Observer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:25 AM

Trevor has Ron, despite Ron being his bitch.

And, of course, anyone he wants to eat...

SlugBug
  • SlugBug

Gusenburg Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

Trevor Phillips, he very strange, besides his obvious psycho traits, you matter what designer clothes you buy for him, he changes into a dress of some sort. After you finish the game, you have more than 30 mil and he still lives in that metal trashcan. What happened to him before all this that turned him into that? Was it a streak of bad things? He mentions in the very beginning when your driving to Los Santos with wad he couldn't be a pilot bc he wasn't stable enough, (or something in that nature, i'll look it up later) he has no family that we know of besides his mom who randomly leaves him after he does her a favor, and we know he's from Canada. Also he's afraid of clowns. Or maybe he just has a mental illnes. What do you think happened to Trevor? Or do you just think he has a disability of some sort?

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

Michael is an asshole and a snake, and Trevor knows this, but he's also Trevor's best friend and someone he loves. I don't think Trevor could bring himself to personally kill Michael.  

I don't think neither could bring themselves to it, remember the NY standout, Michael practically begs Trevor to try and shoot him as in "Give me a reason to actually shoot you."

I personally don't think that Mike simply doesn't have the balls to deal with Trevor, I think he would have in a heartbeat if Trevor tried to go after his family, but that somewhere deep down in his subconscious (that is usually subdued by his own ego) he still has a glimmer of affection for him.

jkim_1
  • jkim_1

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:42 AM

I picked Deathwish but I went and played Option B and A. Franklin has Lamar, Michael has his family whereas Trevor has nobody.

Killing Trevor actually made me sad

I never did the option to kill him but I saw the video and thought it was disturbing.

The poor guy is burning to death in front of the two guys he considered his brothers.

I don't care if he's a crazy psychopath, if this was a real life situation, I would never throw him under the bus let alone kill him. I would merely just distance myself from him; Trevor had every reason to be mad at Michael simply because he was disloyal, yet he had enough decency to NOT kill him.
  • CasualSergiu likes this

Protocol_10
  • Protocol_10

Genius

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:19 AM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 12 August 2014 - 12:10 PM.

Does anyone else find it unrealistic that Trevor has a smartphone?

It just doesn't seem as likely as it is with Michael and Franklin. Especially since it's a nice phone and he's so rough with everything you'd think it wouldn't last and the list could go on and on.  I'd expect him to have a flip phone from 2006 or something like that that's all beaten up.

GtaV Is Coming To Pc
  • GtaV Is Coming To Pc

Less Than Two Months Left

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:22 AM

Well he also has 18 million dollars so...

• PreciousWall, Duxfever, burnzy187 and 3 others like this

Protocol_10
  • Protocol_10

Genius

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:24 AM

Well he also has 18 million dollars so...

I meant before the game started. Either way, it doesn't fit his personality in my opinion.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:27 AM

Is it a little off? Sure... But R* pushed for more functionality and features for the phones (Trackify for one), and Trevor had to get a smartphone to not be "disadvantaged" in comparison to M&F.

• stjimmy3 likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:29 AM Edited by Xerukal, 12 August 2014 - 12:29 AM.

He could have stolen it from someone during his involvement in the drug and weapons trafficking business. Many wealthy people in that line of work. Surely some of them have smartphones?

• PreciousWall, burnzy187 and FANTOMTRON like this

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:33 AM

he's the CEO of a multinational corporation... even rednecks can be big business and connected

• Ruscris2 likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:34 AM

He's the CEO of his own business, of course he's going to have the latest in communications technology.

Also, I agree with Xerukal that he probably stole it from someone. Ron probably set it up for him.

State_Trooper
  • State_Trooper

Sexiest Bitch

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:40 AM

A smartphone is required to make contact with his business partners, as a CEO of Trevor philips industries he definitely have one.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:53 AM

plus T is a gangsta so he gotta have that latest tech bling

Chamberlain Gangster Familes for Life mother f*cka! :D

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Disreputable Mexican Pharmacist

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:55 AM

Anyone find it unrealistic that Trevor kills several hundred armed para-military goons, fly a biplane into the back of a cargo plane, or gets super human powers from being a meth addict?
I think the reskinned phone is acceptable.
  • Mr.Nedich and thekillerdonuts like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:01 AM

Trevor was the richest of the three when we were introduced to him, so it'd be unrealistic for him to have a flip phone.

• burnzy187 and bootswitdafur like this

VCR
  • VCR

plus+

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:08 AM

EVERYBODY has a smart phone. it'd be unrealistic if he didn't have one

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users