Just Remove the Money in Pocket Thing

60 replies to this topic
SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:18 AM

It is a waste of space. Who keeps money in their pocket?

Almost everybody as soon as they can puts their money in their bank. Why have a pocket? It is just a waste of time and space to have it in. Every time we do a mission we are basically forced to put it in the bank. And now we can buy anything even if we have no money in our pocket (like the impound lot, you can now use your bank, same with everything else)

Removing said feature will also mean we should remove the mugger feature. This, in turn, removes useless clutter and adds more room for other features. 

Thoughts?

• CaptainMental likes this

Choppers
  • Choppers

Nani sore!?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

Someone just got mugged...

• Mr. Rocko, Clueless Muffin, Luk38644 and 42 others like this

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

To be fair it is a pointless inconvenience. They don't use it and they have been patching out the need for money in hand. So far the only point to the cash/bank system is to get mugged, the inconvenience of having to bank every time one gets money and for the player to lose money if they don't. It doesn't add much.
  • DAMND likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

That badass milf from Vault 111

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:27 AM

Just so you waste your time and possibly lose your money.

That's all what Rockstar support and want.

NoMeansPlayDeaf
  • NoMeansPlayDeaf

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:34 AM

Look at your "money dropped" stat.

Now multiply that by millions of players.

It makes it more likely for some players to buy cash cards because it's quicker than playing the game for in game money.

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:37 AM Edited by SnyderGuy, 12 July 2014 - 05:37 AM.

Yeah, mugged for a max amount of $5000 when I have over 10million. Oh no!

(Not mugged FWI)

It makes it more likely for some players to buy cash cards because it's quicker than playing the game for in game money.

I didn't know millions of players was a number.

Let's see... $28,547 dollars, that means, I've dropped $28,547 millions of players. 

You can't multiply numbers by people. :p

luisniko
  • luisniko

That badass milf from Vault 111

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:38 AM

Of course buying Cash Card is faster than playing the game for money, because that's what it meant to be.

But seeing the prices in Online makes my real life money have less value than it supposed to be. So I just forget about in-game money and just play the game.

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:39 AM

Of course buying Cash Card is faster than playing the game for money, because that's what it meant to be.

But seeing the prices in Online makes my real life money have less value than it supposed to be. So I just forget about in-game money and just play the game.

Which is why people money glitch. 

• XXCrimsonXX, Gridl0k and VoodooVibez like this

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:43 AM Edited by Ballistic Jello, 12 July 2014 - 05:44 AM.

(Not mugged FWI)

Let's see... $28,547 dollars, that means, I've dropped $28,547 millions of players. 
Well, FWI (sic), he's telling you that the literally, billions of GTA dollars dropped by GTAO players means that's just a few more shark cards going out the door.

FYI.

Edit: And yeah, it's 2 grand, not five. Boo-frikkin-hoo, Sally.
  • Choppers likes this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:48 AM

Almost everybody as soon as they can puts their money in their bank. Why have a pocket? It is just a waste of time and space to have it in. Every time we do a mission we are basically forced to put it in the bank. And now we can buy anything even if we have no money in our pocket (like the impound lot, you can now use your bank, same with everything else)
Removing said feature will also mean we should remove the mugger feature. This, in turn, removes useless clutter and adds more room for other features. 
Thoughts?

Wrong hookers use cash on hand. Also taxis

Also even tho the impound uses 250 out of bank it still requires it on hand. I go with no money and it says insufficient funds so I withdraw 500 and it works but takes money from bank wtf

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:49 AM

Nooo! I lost $2000! Now I only have $10,276,876! I'm done with this game!

Thoughts?

Also even tho the impound uses 250 out of bank it still requires it on hand. I go with no money and it says insufficient funds so I withdraw 500 and it works but takes money from bank wtf

They changed it two updates ago. Have you used the impound lot lately?

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:50 AM

Thoughts?

Yes. And it still requires me to have 250 on hand but takes from the bank. Its dumb

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:52 AM

Thoughts?

Yes. And it still requires me to have 250 on hand but takes from the bank. Its dumb

Doesn't for me! :D

Mayochiki
  • Mayochiki

︻デ═一

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

The first comment is always reserved for some clown. You can't lose more than 5k even if you have millions in your pocket.

TWOGUN
  • TWOGUN

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:11 AM

Lamar doesn't do credit
  • Xyn, ten-a-penny, Heists and 1 other like this

godziller
  • godziller

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:20 AM Edited by godziller, 12 July 2014 - 06:21 AM.

U can mug from the bank now I believe...swear I did it all this weekend...

And mugging is more of a tactic than a way to make loot

Choppers
  • Choppers

Nani sore!?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:20 AM

The first comment is always reserved for some clown. 

Huh, I never would have thought someone would figure out my true identity..

happy-clown-thumbs-up-14047640.jpg

• Xyn, ten-a-penny, Metal Slime and 5 others like this

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:20 AM

Max $2000.

Big woop. HUGE waste of space.

godziller
  • godziller

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:22 AM Edited by godziller, 12 July 2014 - 06:37 AM.

Max $2000.
Big woop. HUGE waste of space.
Sorry...edited my post...with a pro argument for mugging...I use a mugger pretty much everytime I play

Mayochiki
  • Mayochiki

︻デ═一

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

The first comment is always reserved for some clown. 

Huh, I never would have thought someone would figure out my true identity..

happy-clown-thumbs-up-14047640.jpg

The deal here is that your first comment didn't make any sense. Also SnyderGuy is right... having money on the pocket is useless. You can't lose it, you still lose money when you die (different from dropping it). The mugger is useless then, would be exciting to chase one with 150K dollars or so, and if that could be exploited, of course... but that's another matter. The first day everybody was scared of loosing money so everyone was running to the ATM's... now nobody gives a f*ck.

What's the point then? Nothing at all. And yeah, I don't get why everybody needs a joke to show-off... even when the joke can't apply...

Choppers
  • Choppers

Nani sore!?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:01 AM

The deal here is that your first comment didn't make any sense. Also SnyderGuy is right... having money on the pocket is useless. You can't lose it, you still lose money when you die (different from dropping it). The mugger is useless then, would be exciting to chase one with 150K dollars or so, and if that could be exploited, of course... but that's another matter. The first day everybody was scared of loosing money so everyone was running to the ATM's... now nobody gives a f*ck.

What's the point then? Nothing at all. And yeah, I don't get why everybody needs a joke to show-off... even when the joke can't apply...

Since when are jokes only for showing off? Relax. 

I disagree about the mugger being useless, even if he doesn't pull 100k+ from one player (How would one dude grab 150K or so from a guy anyway?), he still makes for a good laugh.

• ten-a-penny and VictinisRage like this

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:04 AM

(Not mugged FWI)

No that means that overall, (if there was only 1 million players) have dropped a total of 28.5 million GTA$. Which is about 2800$ IRL

Tupiz
  • Tupiz

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:10 AM Edited by /Tuomaz, 12 July 2014 - 07:13 AM.

Actually I think the whole system is pretty cool; you use your pocket money to hookers, throw it around in strip club or to buy beverages from a vending machine. Bank money in the other hand is for places where it's possible to use your credit card.

Medical bills should be taken away. What's the point when you don't even spawn at the hospital? Money should not drop either if we have it in bank.

Also the withdrawal/deposit option on the internet doesn't make much sense. Should be removed to make ATMs useful.
  • redpoint likes this

Mayochiki
  • Mayochiki

︻デ═一

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:12 AM Edited by Zhake, 12 July 2014 - 07:23 AM.

I disagree about the mugger being useless, even if he doesn't pull 100k+ from one player (How would one dude grab 150K or so from a guy anyway?), he still makes for a good laugh.

In almost every new thread there's someone making fun of the OP for no reason. And I'm not crying about that, but becomes annoying when that start to mislead the thread, every one quote the same spam comment and potential threads gets locked (not only my case).

EDIT: Don't wanna be a boring prick, but this is becoming more trollish every day.

The purpose of the mugger (even when can be useful to steal somebody's tank or just messing with friends) keeps useless... stealing only 5k isn't a big deal. I don't get why the money can't be managed like in single player... sharing money with a second character is also dumb... a level 5 can get two high end apartments with super cars. Another example is when you don't have enough cash for something, you print money with your phone but the money used is the one in the bank... again, no sense.

Bank money should be only for buying vehicles and properties. The money you carry for ammo, LSC, stores and clothes. Then the mugger could have a major role more important than just trolling.

• Heists and Choppers like this

Mayochiki
  • Mayochiki

︻デ═一

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:18 AM Edited by Zhake, 12 July 2014 - 07:19 AM.

In almost every new thread there's someone making fun of the OP for no reason. And I'm not crying about that, but becomes annoying when that start to mislead the thread, every one quote the same spam comment and potential threads gets locked (not only my case).

EDIT: Don't wanna be a boring prick, but this is becoming more trollish every day.

The purpose of the mugger (even when can be useful to steal somebody's tank or just messing with friends) keeps useless... stealing only 5k isn't a big deal. I don't get why the money can be managed like in single player... sharing money with a second character is also dumb... a level 5 can get two high end apartments with super cars. Another example is when you don't have enough cash for something, you print money with your phone but the money used is the one in the bank... again, no sense.

Bank money should be only for buying vehicles and properties. The money you carry for ammo, LSC, stores and clothes. Then the mugger could have a major role more important than just trolling.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

Have people gone insane? Best feature ever. Withdraw the banked cash on a second character and there is your money for a rainy day (or, in this case, the day a DLC comes out).

My playing character has 20k on the bank account now, while the second has around 18.5 million cash which is safe from spending sprees, healthcare or other things I don't want it to go to.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

It's annoying to loose cash when some asshat spawn kills you or gets you when you are trying to bank it but you only loose $500 ($2000 max if your mugged).  It's not the end ofthe world and the money is easily made back.

Hookers and taxi's yes, impound , no.

What?  Dropping $500 makes you have to buy a cash card?  Really?  Doubt it.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

I money glitch so I usually have over 200K at least in my pocket :turn:

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice