87 replies to this topic
coach_wargo
  • coach_wargo

The One Who Knocks

• D1RTY12
  • United-States
  • Best Snapmatic [Vehicle] 2013

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

I had these drop out of the sky during a survival. Then they came with me into free roam and across multiple sessions. Is it safe to assume that the random I was in the survival with was a modder?

5somedude
  • 5somedude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

Ok. Is there any way that we, as players, can reach out to the modder community and ask them or things?
Does anyone know the names of any specific people responsible for these things?
It'd be nice if we could request things from them like snow on the map, or reskins, or something cool, instead of this UFOs and Ferris wheel nonsense...

If there is a way to reach out to the modder community, then I would like to reach out with a chainsaw, f*cking worthless sh*te bastards. I just want to play my game without it being ruined by a bunch of worthless f*cking morons. Do the rest of the world a favor and kill yourselves, and leave the oxygen for people with something worth contributing to the world.

Okay.....??
I can't believe I have to spell it out, but I am talking about whoever is responsible for this glitch, it destroys your car, f*cks up missions, and does absolutely nothing good for the game. I have nothing but disdain for those who have to ruin other people's games.

Smh no one said you need to spell anything out. But maybe I should spell out my response.

I replied with that awkward "okay?" Cause you posted with a seemingly unnecessary level of anger or whatever, indicated by your particular choice of words. That's not even the direction I was going in.

I apologize, I meant no offence to you, but yes after having to pay for my car 3 times because of it being destroyed by these spawning ferris wheels I am angry. I just cannot stand people who have nothing good worth contributing to a game and choose to ruin it for others.

• The_Herb likes this

moostered
  • moostered

Homeboy

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

Why does everyone hate the ferris wheels?I'd love to see them falling out of the sky.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

I apologize, I meant no offence to you, but yes after having to pay for my car 3 times because of it being destroyed by these spawning ferris wheels I am angry. I just cannot stand people who have nothing good worth contributing to a game and choose to ruin it for others.

It's cool, just maybe in the future just relax and ease up on the chainsaw metaphors, huh :)?

Although I do feel ya pain, (because your right, Some stuff the modders do can really ruin the gamefor others), There's no need to let the game and those who play it anger you THAT much.

Anyways,
The reason I said what I said is because we've seen in the past that the modder/glitcher/ hacker community is capable of doing things other than antagonizing (I.e. Spurring The billionaire days) and it has been said that it will be the modding community who will help "enhance" the game when GTAO does finally come to the PC, so I'm led to believe that there is something that can be worked out :)

At least a little bit -.- that is.

tfroam
  • tfroam

Snipers are pussies who usually suck at close combat.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

Why do they always spawn in that area? It was the same with the UFO's as well.

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

It's right near the spot where the garages are under the map.

egomaniac247
  • egomaniac247

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

Happened in a lobby I was in last night. About 3/4 of the players in the lobby came over to check it out. Then my crewmate and I realized what a terrific sniping bait this was and headed to a nearby rooftop. An hour later the entire lobby is on every rooftop surrounding the Ferris wheels and having a sniper war. It was a lot of fun.

Living Legend
  • Living Legend

Troll

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

Someone changed (and released) ECB2's mod menu so instead of spawning a Meteor when pressing Debug/Rock on the VCAHaxClient it'll spawn the Ferris Wheel. The other change includes replacing the Give/Take weapons with 'Make player put their hands up'.
I don't think ECB2 is happy with people editing his menu, so he isn't releasing any more updates for it as far as I know, which is good for regular players.
Rockstar are also tightening up on it, the Online mod menu for PS3 won't be around for much longer I don't think. It'll maybe be around for another 2 patches at least. You're just going to have to deal with it for now.

IT'S THE SAME CASE AS UFO'S THEY WILL STICK AND TRAVEL WITH YOU.

5somedude
  • 5somedude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:14 PM Edited by 5somedude, 13 July 2014 - 06:15 PM.

It's cool, just maybe in the future just relax and ease up on the chainsaw metaphors, huh :)?

Although I do feel ya pain, (because your right, Some stuff the modders do can really ruin the gamefor others), There's no need to let the game and those who play it anger you THAT much.

Anyways,
The reason I said what I said is because we've seen in the past that the modder/glitcher/ hacker community is capable of doing things other than antagonizing (I.e. Spurring The billionaire days) and it has been said that it will be the modding community who will help "enhance" the game when GTAO does finally come to the PC, so I'm led to believe that there is something that can be worked out :)

Lol, I am not THAT angry, but it's all good. Also, that is not a metaphor, a metaphor is a figure of speech that describes a subject by asserting that it is, on some point of comparison, the same as another otherwise unrelated object. I was not making any comparison.

• sultangris and RoyalRedXIII like this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

Anyways,

Lol, I am not THAT angry, but it's all good. Also, that is not a metaphor, a metaphor is a figure of speech that describes a subject by asserting that it is, on some point of comparison, the same as another otherwise unrelated object. I was not making any comparison.

I stand corrected. Then ease up in the chainsaw figurative speech lol.
  • 5somedude likes this

Darth_Zannah
  • Darth_Zannah

Sith'ari

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Well, seen it last night finally. Wherever anyone walked money would sprout from their ass. Seen the surrender emote done to myself and others. Gave everyone all the guns available in the game in the lobby. They also were able to make their cars fly and change their colors at will. Couldn't tell what their language was but their English was actually pretty good. One thing i have noticed with these "modders/hackers" is they usually are in groups from what I have seen from 4-9.

• BitPieStudios likes this

Kampret
  • Kampret

Glorious Multiplatform Gaming Race

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

Happened to me when I was cruising around using my Akuma at top speed, invisible at first, then I died. Poor Akuma got stuck under the ferris wheel.

• BitPieStudios likes this

BitPieStudios
  • BitPieStudios

Doggie Goils. :U

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:32 PM Edited by BitPieStudios, 23 July 2014 - 12:36 PM.

Happened to me when I was cruising around using my Akuma at top speed, invisible at first, then I died. Poor Akuma got stuck under the ferris wheel.

This is the exact thing that happened to me, only with a Bati. the bike was destroyed after a good few minutes.

0_0.jpg

But I decided to make the most of it like with the meteor I also saw the day before; I stunted onto it after I re-called my bike.

0_0.jpg

...yeah meteors are also a thing as well.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• Kampret likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

The new UFOs, wish I can see them too.

No you dont, its f*cking stupid and lags the sh*t out of the game making it unplayable, plus they fall from the sky as you drive through and usually land on you or right in front of you so you hit them or die, stupid ass cheaters, i wish rockstar could just ban those idiots, seems like they are multiplying, haha!

The_Herb
  • The_Herb

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

I'm glad someone posted a picture of the meteor because it's not just the Ferris wheel falling from the sky. It's absolutely ridiculous though, I was playing RR with a friend when I saw them spawn. I just wish I could actually play the game.

c0pkillr
  • c0pkillr

Mental State on Max!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

Had my first experience with a modder yesterday.  Never seen the ufo's or any of the other crazy sh*t myself but yesterday I entered an open lobby, stole an NPC car and was driving for less than 30 seconds when a ferris wheel and meteor dropped right in front of me.  

0_0.jpg

I immediately switched sessions and the items were still there.   

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

chuck norris uses those to work out.. when hes done he just throws them wherever.

l-Unamused-puppy.jpg

yea the chuck norris stuff is corny..... i know. lol
Annoyingly corny

Sw1ft562
  • Sw1ft562

null...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

chuck norris uses those to work out.. when hes done he just throws them wherever.

l-Unamused-puppy.jpg

yea the chuck norris stuff is corny..... i know. lol
Annoyingly corny

so much so that you replied to a 2 week old post

TurkeyShenanigans
  • TurkeyShenanigans

^^THIS^^

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

0_0.jpg

Seen 'em too

~Joseph~
  • ~Joseph~

Pro Racer |2-1 Ratio|

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

Modders have the ability to spawn f*cking ufos and ferris wheels but they cant spawn something useful?

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

... may i ask why its always in that one street block?

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

l-Unamused-puppy.jpg

that dog is damn cute

Pshh my dog looks much more cute.

2j1va5i.jpg

Sneakerfeen11
  • Sneakerfeen11

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

Does this seem to be a PS3 issue? I'm on Xbox and have never had a ferris wheel or UFO in a session. I play often and go into different sessions. 

BattleExel26
  • BattleExel26

22's on a box Chevy

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

So this is like the herpes of the GTA world? Once you have em.....

You turn off the console and turn it back on. Hold L1 and R1 through loading. No more GTA herpes.
Problem solved.

What changes if you hold L1 and R1 then?

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

You turn off the console and turn it back on. Hold L1 and R1 through loading. No more GTA herpes.
Problem solved.

Gives you a super large boner.

BattleExel26
  • BattleExel26

22's on a box Chevy

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

Problem solved.

Gives you a super large boner.

Oooohohohohoooooooh I can't wait to launch the game in that way...
  • Ninja_Gear likes this

XGamerz808
  • XGamerz808

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:00 PM

Just driving around until a meteor spawns on my Elegy

0_0.jpg

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:06 PM

That's where you spawn when you time out trying to join a friend session or mission. once a rock was on my car and it was rolling around a little slowly crushing my car and I couldn't get in it. Eventually it exploded and I didn't have to pay insurance, wonder if the asshat who put them there did or not, lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users