Quantcast

» «
Photo

The best graphics mod for my machine? (GTX 780)

17 replies to this topic
Waggner
  • Waggner

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

Greetings,

I'm looking for the best and most realistic graphics GTA IV mod for my PC.

PC specs(3 most important components for gaming) :

i5 3570K

GTX 780

8GB RAM

Currently I'm running a Steam version 1.0.7.0 and CryENB V2 (This is a good mod but nights are too dark + some minor problems) but will downgrade to 1.0.4.0 if there is a better mod...

Waggner
  • Waggner

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

Anyone??

Slasher_101
  • Slasher_101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

Look up Visual IV, its supposed to be pretty good. It improves the quality as well as the performance. I don't know how realistic it will make the graphics, but most people say its the best.

Nikopol89
  • Nikopol89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

It's pretty impressive!

• CheatingSoi likes this

CheatingSoi
  • CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:58 AM

Yes iCEnhancer 3.0 is excellent. Combined with a few other texture mods, the game looks breathtaking. Especially with the depth-of-field. I took this screen shot the other day, and thought it looked so good, I made a fake ad out of it for BMW.

2hduy3s.jpg2vl30ac.jpg

• Nikopol89 likes this

Nikopol89
  • Nikopol89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:28 AM Edited by Nikopol89, 30 July 2014 - 06:32 PM.

Yes iCEnhancer 3.0 is excellent. Combined with a few other texture mods, the game looks breathtaking. Especially with the depth-of-field. I took this screen shot the other day, and thought it looked so good, I made a fake ad out of it for BMW.

That is funny and really well done! You made me do this:

293a8ih.jpg

• CheatingSoi likes this

DLXHammer
  • DLXHammer

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

I have a similar setup and I'm trying to achieve the look of iCEhancer 3.0. I'm new to moding but have been playing around for the last few days. My first sever attempts were with iCEhancer 3.0. The redme was fairly simple, copy/paste to directory, and run the 'injector'. But I get the same result every time; My character and people and very glossy looking, night time is completely black, and morning is red and green sky. I tried adding other texture and vegetation mods but nothing helped, which is why I've given up on iCEhancer 3.0. Am I doing something wrong?

Nikopol89
  • Nikopol89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

I have a similar setup and I'm trying to achieve the look of iCEhancer 3.0. I'm new to moding but have been playing around for the last few days. My first sever attempts were with iCEhancer 3.0. The redme was fairly simple, copy/paste to directory, and run the 'injector'. But I get the same result every time; My character and people and very glossy looking, night time is completely black, and morning is red and green sky. I tried adding other texture and vegetation mods but nothing helped, which is why I've given up on iCEhancer 3.0. Am I doing something wrong?

The ICE 3.0 readme:

+ READ ME - IMPORTANT :
PLEASE BACKUP YOUR GAME IF YOU USE THE MANUAL INSTALLATION
I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED OR WHATEVER CAN HAPPEN LIKE A TORNADO OR A NUCLEAR DISASTER
YOU INSTALL ICENHANCER 3.0 AT YOUR OWN RISK

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

+ INSTALLATION :

1. Extract everything somewhere.
2. Know what version you have of the game.
(If updated game on Steam then 1070.)
2 bis. You can also downgrade your game to 1040 for best graphics if you don't mind about MP.
3. Copy the content of the folder you choose depending of your version
4. Paste it in the root of your game.
5. Replace if it asks ( BE CAREFUL THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE BACKUP YOUR GAME BEFORE YOU DO SO)
6. Launch your game.

You do not have to run the enbinjector! Where did you read it? :)

Before doing something you don't know, Google it! As the folder says, enbinjector is for "optimus gpus" only: it's an old Nvidia technology for laptop's gpu power saving.

If you have read the readme, now you have a backup of the original GTA main folder.

Start from scratch simply copying & pasting the right patch version files. It is very important that you know what patch your GTA is (downgraded 1.0.4.0 or 1.0.7.0 or EFLC 1.1.2.0 - for every patch there's a different download from ICE website), as the wrong enb will not work.

Just for you to know: right now your enb is not working. I do not know what the enbinjector does to the GTA folder, so I really recommend to start from scratch with a raw GTA folder.

Good luck & have fun :)

DLXHammer
  • DLXHammer

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:19 AM

Wow, that explained it! Thanks!

I only applied the injector from the Optimus folder because the redme didn't really explain what it was for. So I figured it was required, ugh!

I will re install later!

Thank you

DLXHammer
  • DLXHammer

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

Now the game won't launch...
Tried both 1.0.4.0 and 1.0.7.0 versions of the game and iCEhancer. Once I copy to GTAIV folder, then try to launch, nothing happens.
When launching from directory folder I get "d3dx9_43.dll is missing".

Nikopol89
  • Nikopol89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:07 AM

Now the game won't launch...
Tried both 1.0.4.0 and 1.0.7.0 versions of the game and iCEhancer. Once I copy to GTAIV folder, then try to launch, nothing happens.
When launching from directory folder I get "d3dx9_43.dll is missing".

Mmh, that happened to me before with ICE 2.1...

First, be sure to run the game as administrator from LaunchGTAIV.exe not from GTAIV.exe.

If it doesn't work, you have to find the .dll (Google & download it) the game asks for and copy it in the GTA main folder. If it still doesn't work, it's likely the game misses other dlls; don't give up: for having ICE 2.1 work I had to find three dx9 dlls. It's boring and annoying, but at least every time the games doesn't start it prompts an error with the missing resource.

You're near the goal, don't give up: iCE 3.0 is really worth it :)

ps:

I've made a fast Google search for you, here's the .dll you need

http://www.dllrepair...es/d3dx9_43.dll

+++ BE CAREFUL +++

Internet it's a dangerous place! Be sure to download a .dll file, you do not need anything with .exe extension!

Do not ever download an executable file if you're not 100% sure what is it (for example: Skype installer from Skype website).

(Sorry for the trivial advice, but searching for this very .dll the first result was an .exe, probably a virus/trojan/etc)

DLXHammer
  • DLXHammer

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

I no longer get the .dll error. However, It looks like the game attempts to launch (full screen window pops up) but quickly shuts down. I not finding any error logs in event viewer (if I'm looking in the right place, not sure).

Nikopol89
  • Nikopol89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

I no longer get the .dll error. However, It looks like the game attempts to launch (full screen window pops up) but quickly shuts down. I not finding any error logs in event viewer (if I'm looking in the right place, not sure).

Meh... It can be a lot of things...

For Steam version it is essential that the first launch is from the Steam platform itself, as it is needed to finish the installation process. After you have launched the game from Steam, you can make backups & whatever (downgrading, modding, etc). I'm sorry, didn't remember to tell you before.

By the way, maybe there's a workaround: XLIVELESS (here)

It's an ASI launcher (needed for later modding), a modded version of the GTA xlive.dll with no multiplayer support (a friend of mine had the same issue, it worked)

Download, copy, paste & replace in the GTA main folder

DLXHammer
  • DLXHammer

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:54 AM Edited by DLXHammer, 06 August 2014 - 06:18 AM.

Sorry, I haven't been too descriptive with what I've been doing.

I'm now working off a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate 64bit. I have the Steam version of the game, I go as far as launching the game (after putting commandline.txt in the main folder that has command(s) that let me actually adjust the graphics settings) logging into windows live and staring the game. After the first cut scene and driving around a bit I shut down the game to avoid saving the game, which makes it easier the apply a custom save game later. Then I copy and paste the contents of the iCEhancer 3.0 folder.

Launching from desktop and steam program (after skipping the social club login) both result in nothing happening. Launching from the LaunchGTAIV.exe (with or with out admin privileges) gives me the missing .dll message. Adding the missing .dll gives me the flashing window with no errors.

I'm familiar with xliveless, applying it doesn't fix my issue. I used it with an ENB (which I wasn't happy with) in order to use the trainer to play around with the weather and time of day. One thing I noticed about xliveless was there was never an xlive or xlive_d.dll to replace. But it still did it's job. I'll keep you updated with what more I discover. I give it a few more attempts with a backup I made of the main folder.

Thanks for all your help! I haven't given up yet

My specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
i7-2600k @ 4.4ghz
GTX 770 FTW
16 GB RAM

UPDATE

I located a disc version of the game and gave it a go... So im pretty much where I was with the Steam version. I updated to current version of the game (1.0.7.0) started it up past the first cut scene, then applied the 1070 iCEhancer 3.0. I only get a response from the LaunchGTAIV.exe (when running as admistrator), which first gave me the missing .dll and is now flashing the window like before. Now im noting a "log.txt" in the main folder which reports the following right after the launch attempt:

full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\
redirecting CreateDevice
redirecting CreateDevice
initialising shader environment
D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
try to use "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV" for shader files

Hope this sheds some light on the issue.

Nikopol89
  • Nikopol89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

We are approaching an unknown territory :panic:

I've googled that log report: it seems to be related to the enb's sweetFX shaders & stuff...

First, we need to be sure that the files you have downloaded are not corrupted: it's weird but it can happen, mostly with compressed files. Just to be sure, try to download again the files from iCE site.

Next: give admin privileges (run as administrator in file properties) to GTAIV.exe too.

As I'm reading here, the ENB is failing to read the needed files. Make sure the whole GTA folder has users' permissions (administrators + current user) to read & write files (folder properties --> security).

Here's something else useful, I was right about permissions :)

Ah, as the link remembers: ENB is not "overlay friendly"! Every program which attemps to overlay (MSI Afterburner, Steam, Fraps, etc...) will crash the game.

You're welcome, I'm happy to help :)

DLXHammer
  • DLXHammer

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:04 PM Edited by DLXHammer, 06 August 2014 - 03:07 PM.

SUCCESS!

The troubleshooting page for SweetFX mentioned to update Direct X (which I figured was already cause of my setup/GPU). So after updating and I can now launch the game! :cool:

Nikopol89
  • Nikopol89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:34 AM

SUCCESS!

The troubleshooting page for SweetFX mentioned to update Direct X (which I figured was already cause of my setup/GPU). So after updating and I can now launch the game! :cool:

I'm glad it's finally working, have fun! :)

By the way it's weird, as Steam should have automatically installed everything needed (DirectX, Microsoft .NET Frameworks & VC++, etc) :blink:

DLXHammer
  • DLXHammer

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:06 AM

Yes, weird. Game looks amazing now.

Now I can finally finish story mode before GTA V hits PC.

Thanks again for your help, Nikopol!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users