• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:57 AM

sh*t happens. Still, I can't believe they're fake. My sole opinion. I've compared, for example, the pants to the actual alpha screenshots, they're about the same. It wasn't me nor Edi the ones who designed them, nor wrote anything but well... serving files in someone's face isn't as easy as supposed.

You'd be surprised on how easy it would be to fake most of that stuff I can imagine.

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:57 AM Edited by CasualSergiu, 12 July 2014 - 01:59 AM.

And er, what does that have to do with anything?

I was just guessing you were asking that, being weird and all...
Anyways, I hope you get my point.

You'd be surprised on how easy it would be to fake most of that stuff I can imagine.

Could be...I hardly believe it but it could, I agree. Sadly, I'm not even sure anymore...although I still tend to see it as real.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:00 AM

I mean, why is the Freeway from Vice City the thing you were planning to tease?

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:01 AM Edited by CasualSergiu, 12 July 2014 - 02:03 AM.

I mean, why is the Freeway from Vice City the thing you were planning to tease?

Because it is mainly using III-styled textures and it was, supposedly, made right after III's launch.
Again, I'm not even sure anymore, if this turns out all fake, which I don't really think it would, it'll be useless.

>tfw good intentions gone wrong...

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:06 AM

That doesn't really mean anything, Vice City was originally an expansion pack to III, so obviously they were using III textures in some places (such as license plates) before replacing them later.

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:08 AM

That doesn't really mean anything, Vice City was originally an expansion pack to III, so obviously they were using III textures in some places (such as license plates) before replacing them later.

The wheels were different in the file. Honestly, I'm not sure what to think of, when I see the particles, they look exactly like in the alpha, when I see the player's textures, same, but really, all that, fake. I don't know. I'm not sure. If it all turns out to be fake, I'd like to apologise to the rest of the people who thought, same as myself, that it was/is real.

• ssbawesome likes this

HazzardX
  • HazzardX

Special Agent Big Smoke.

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:16 AM Edited by HazzardX, 12 July 2014 - 02:17 AM.

The wheels were different in the file. Honestly, I'm not sure what to think of, when I see the particles, they look exactly like in the alpha, when I see the player's textures, same, but really, all that, fake. I don't know. I'm not sure. If it all turns out to be fake, I'd like to apologise to the rest of the people who thought, same as myself, that it was/is real.
Yeah, the internet is full of websites like that
Maybe,that website was intenionately made to trick us into thinking that those files are real...

Gamerjman19
  • Gamerjman19

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:50 AM

Well sh*t, this got bad

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:03 AM

Back on topic, this is very exciting, and I want you guys to keep working! :) Great stuff!

• CasualSergiu and SpeedMaster14 like this

PerfectBlade
  • PerfectBlade

Heists are coming!

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:15 AM

The files...(most of them) are 100% real. IMO.
  • Jeansowaty and SpeedMaster14 like this

arvark
  • arvark

I want it all! And I want it now!

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

If we could find the site URL by it's files...

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

It'd look pretty legit if it was files only. But those 'dev notes' make it look like a badly made joke.

arvark
  • arvark

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

Actually if you read all, it says that it was fired, so maybe he uploaded all he got...

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:16 AM Edited by CasualSergiu, 12 July 2014 - 11:21 AM.

If only we could find the gameplay...
Yeah, I agree with Silent, the developer notes are horrible, yet, who knows? Still the files look all legit, I've actually tested the pants and got a pretty good result.

JauvWI6.pngDlBDAsW.png

Also, the jacket's 100% the same as in the screenshots, I'm 90% positive the files are legit, meh, people are judgmental, they have the right to be...

Technically, if this was all faked, why let HazzardX write the messages (as some of you think)? I mean, my grammar is at least, decent. The pants seem just a little different. Probably older than the shot itself.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

Actually if you read all, it says that it was fired, so maybe he uploaded all he got...

Since when all Englishmen make the same grammar mistakes as the person who allegedly found the files?

arvark
  • arvark

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

My grammar isn't good, so I didn't notice the errors, sorry.

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:19 AM Edited by CasualSergiu, 12 July 2014 - 11:33 AM.

Since when all Englishmen make the same grammar mistakes as the person who allegedly found the files?

He had no reason to do all this, plus, he's not able to draw all that. And yes, the grammar mistakes are about the same, only problem is that HazzardX's got an even messier grammar.
I also noticed that the guy's grammar in the dev notes gets better over time.
Early note:
" Author: William Millis

Created:  24/11/1999
 I have an great Idea! We should add all kinds of mobsters and mafia goons. I made you some stuff,if you wanna use them as goons! Happy holidays!"

Late note:
"Creator: William Millis
Created: 23/3/2001
Hello. I fixed the problem with My Playstation Two Dev. Kit
I'm sorry,but I cannot attend Electronic Entertainment Expo, this year.
But, The new files of Joey Sorvino are ready for the game,now, you can use the old files for a pedestrian,or something
I'm sorry again. Did Dan Houser messaged you,telling that we will give the test CD to IGN? He told me that we will give CDs to many people,to test the game and find bugs.
Have you finished removing the debug option from the game's code?
See you soon."

In earlier notes his grammar seems to be horrible. Later it's a little better. Plus, he seems to know what he was talking about.
Heck, thinking about it, most of my British friends have either average or horrible grammar(s).
Not sure if that proves anything but, just for the record.

PerfectBlade
  • PerfectBlade

Heists are coming!

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:35 AM Edited by Perfect Blade xD, 12 July 2014 - 11:35 AM.

People are starting saying it's fake..but..who knows..for me they look legit. 

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

Technically speaking, it's in the middle, some people think it's real, some don't.
Until further proof they have all the right to take sides.

PerfectBlade
  • PerfectBlade

Heists are coming!

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

Technically speaking, it's in the middle, some people think it's real, some don't.

Yeah..but..like i said...who knows.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

OK, sorry to do this, but it's kinda proven fake.

1) First off, the TXD's here are formatted for PC, they don't match the usual set up regarding PS2 TXD's. The fact that TXD Workshop CAN open these alone is an alarming fact to that whilst a PS2 TXD Viewer just returns an error stating it's a PC TXD. (But maybe they worked on PC too I hear you say, well onto point two...)

2) Second, most obvious, these TXD's contain a mix and match of different compression methods, Images either being 32bit, 16bit, 8bit or DXT-1 Compressed. What's the issue here? Well...

Most obvious and alarming, let's get it out of the way. DXT-1 Compression was first used on the PC Version of GTA Vice City. DXT-1 Compression does not work on the PS2. The PC version of GTA3 used 8bit TXD's in it's original release archives, bumping up to 32bit TXD's for the Steam Release, no version of GTA3 has ever used DXT-1 Compression.

PS2 TXD's in game stuff only supports 8bit Colour, yet we have things here in 16bit and 32bit (which is WAY beyond the PS2's limits at the time), and as already stated, GTA3 on PC only came in two flavours, 8bit and 32bit, there is NO reason to create 16bit, especially if this is supposed to be a master, no texture maker would send as compressed already, what are they idiots?

3) These PNG's use the modern ISO/IEC standard, meaning, well, they were encoded AFTER 2003.

Sorry guys, if you didn't fake it, then you've been had.
  • Silent and CasualSergiu like this

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:42 AM Edited by CasualSergiu, 12 July 2014 - 11:48 AM.

Yeah..but..like i said...who knows.

Well, seems like it was all fake. I apologise to anyone interested, although, these fake files are pretty well made...
We've all been fooled but a few people, which shows that the files are pretty damn accurate. Might still be good for use though.
Anyways, topic should be locked as it doesn't have too much of a point.

PerfectBlade
  • PerfectBlade

Heists are coming!

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:45 AM Edited by Perfect Blade xD, 12 July 2014 - 11:46 AM.

Ok..if it's fake let's lock the topic..but the alpha zaibatsu guys textures are cool.

You might use them in GTA3Alpha Mod. ^^

PerfectBlade
  • PerfectBlade

Heists are coming!

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:53 AM Edited by Perfect Blade xD, 12 July 2014 - 11:54 AM.

PS2 TXD's in game stuff only supports 8bit Colour, yet we have things here in 16bit and 32bit (which is WAY beyond the PS2's limits at the time), and as already stated, GTA3 on PC only came in two flavours, 8bit and 32bit, there is NO reason to create 16bit, especially if this is supposed to be a master, no texture maker would send as compressed already, what are they idiots?

3) These PNG's use the modern ISO/IEC standard, meaning, well, they were encoded AFTER 2003.

edit.

My mistake.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

What if the guy (possibly William Mills) was redoing the files using the new standards and then uploaded them in high quality just to show people interesting stuff?

And what if they were created for a PS4 release he's been secretly working on???
  • CasualSergiu likes this

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:55 AM Edited by CasualSergiu, 12 July 2014 - 12:33 PM.

OK, sorry to do this, but it's kinda proven fake.

1) First off, the TXD's here are formatted for PC, they don't match the usual set up regarding PS2 TXD's. The fact that TXD Workshop CAN open these alone is an alarming fact to that whilst a PS2 TXD Viewer just returns an error stating it's a PC TXD. (But maybe they worked on PC too I hear you say, well onto point two...)

2) Second, most obvious, these TXD's contain a mix and match of different compression methods, Images either being 32bit, 16bit, 8bit or DXT-1 Compressed. What's the issue here? Well...

Most obvious and alarming, let's get it out of the way. DXT-1 Compression was first used on the PC Version of GTA Vice City. DXT-1 Compression does not work on the PS2. The PC version of GTA3 used 8bit TXD's in it's original release archives, bumping up to 32bit TXD's for the Steam Release, no version of GTA3 has ever used DXT-1 Compression.

Sorry guys, if you didn't fake it, then you've been had.

Thank you for breaking it down. I believe some guy did make a huge mod, on the other hand, having files such as these. Great fakes. Still, thank you for breaking it down. I apologise to anyone who went with this, although they're fake, I'll leave the download link there, they're quite good.

And what if they were created for a PS4 release he's been secretly working on???

You got a strong point there, sadly, we'll never know if it was either modified or completely faked. Although 'modified' is rather unlikely. That should end this topic. If any administrator comes by, please, don't forget to lock this. Thanks.

PerfectBlade
  • PerfectBlade

Heists are coming!

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

What if the guy (possibly William Mills) was redoing the files using the new standards and then uploaded them in high quality just to show people interesting stuff?

lol..ignore what i said..i got huge imagination..so.. :lol:

arvark
  • arvark

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

Two other proofs are that the reflection01 file is from vc and that the banshee s importable by kams script.

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

Two other proofs are that the reflection01 file is from vc and that the banshee s importable by kams script.

The Banshee's just a cutscene version and about that reflection01 file, yes, it's from VC, obviously. I already filed for a lock of this thread.
The supposed files are either completely fake or remade (which is quite unlikely). Well, the link will stay up for anyone wishing to get the files themselves (since, if it's all fake, they're well done fakes at least).

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

Requested Lock :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users