Quantcast

» «
Photo

XBOX 360/PS3 users allowed to transfer characters to PC?

32 replies to this topic
fatcowxlive
  • fatcowxlive

MooMooMoo!

• Members

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:39 PM Edited by fatcowxlive, 11 July 2014 - 03:40 PM.

Those with GTA 5 on PS3 or Xbox 360 will have the option of transferring their GTA Online character profile and progression to the PC, PS4, or Xbox One version.

Source

What? In what world is this fair? People will be rolling in mansions and million dollar accounts steamrolling the PC newbies. I have yet to play GTA 5, let alone GTAO, will this affect me or am I looking too much into it?

MarshallRawR
  • MarshallRawR

Anarchist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

It's nothing new really. Well, personally, I care and don't, I'm not really sure.

Yeah they will have their awesome cars and weapons, but well, game'll be less fun quicker for them I guess?

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:58 PM Edited by Andreas, 11 July 2014 - 03:59 PM.

I'm also wondering how that will work. It might be unfair to those that haven't even played the game yet, but I think it won't be that much of a problem. Maybe you could make an arrangement with other gamers that also have no experience with GTA Online yet. That way, the majority of players in a lobby would be in the first <insert number> levels, and no one would have an unfair advantage over the others. Not sure how well that would work, though.

Ruscris2
  • Ruscris2

Snow Storm

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

It's really bad, imo. I'll have to play online 24/7 for 2 months if i want to be the biggest pimp in town.

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

Even if i had a high level character on PS3/X360 i would not transfer. I think those who transfer will miss on a lot of the new details.

• robban likes this

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

Even if i had a high level character on PS3/X360 i would not transfer. I think those who transfer will miss on a lot of the new details.

All interesting details will be in story mode. Online is just for fun, shooting other players, activities... There are no such things as "details" online.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

Those with GTA 5 on PS3 or Xbox 360 will have the option of transferring their GTA Online character profile and progression to the PC, PS4, or Xbox One version.

Source

What? In what world is this fair? People will be rolling in mansions and million dollar accounts steamrolling the PC newbies. I have yet to play GTA 5, let alone GTAO, will this affect me or am I looking too much into it?

Smith and Wesson made people equal.

I would say the same is applicable to mouse targeting, so worry not.

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

All interesting details will be in story mode. Online is just for fun, shooting other players, activities... There are no such things as "details" online.

Online has no details? What is it Minecraft?

No. Even Minecraft has details. I have no idea what you tried to say there.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

All your gold are belong to us.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:09 PM

Online's very core will remain the same as it's primarily controlled by server scripts that are downloaded. So there won't be any super game changing tweaks that are NG/PC exclusive.

Transferring characters is completely fair. If you're going to bitch about original players being able to seamlessly pick up where they left off then you should just play invite only lobbies.
  • chrisscorsese88 likes this

socrates75
  • socrates75

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

Source

Smith and Wesson made people equal.

I would say the same is applicable to mouse targeting, so worry not.

Exactly....

uJhatafart00
  • uJhatafart00

Zarrogante

• Members

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

I hope you can't transfer money as well, seriously...

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

All your gold are belong to us.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

I hope you can't transfer money as well, seriously...

All your characters use the same bank, so...

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

I'll gladly dominate money glitch-infested level 400 peasants, thank you very much .

Their sh*tty chrome-painted alien sports cars can't save them from my mouse aiming. Everyone who's played Max Payne 3 for the past two years has absolutely nothing to worry about.

• arrout, BlackScout, Bodge and 1 other like this

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

I hope they implement some sort of level segregation so that all those level 100+ players don't gang up on new ones.

SkyWest1218
  • SkyWest1218

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

Am I the only one that doesn't see the problem here? Who cares if you can transfer your character? People who play on PC will have no more of a disadvantage starting out than people who are only just starting out on consoles.

• theNGclan and Shimo815 like this

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

I hope they implement some sort of level segregation so that all those level 100+ players don't gang up on new ones.

Some kind of match making lobbies...

bindik
  • bindik

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

Actually, only + they will have is money, else the shooting is all about skill :p

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:42 PM Edited by Jimbatron, 12 July 2014 - 04:44 PM.

I can only see this being a problem if so 4rse holes go around hunting low level starters to troll them.

There's still some new starters on the PS3, it doesn't seem that much of a problem, I've seen lobbys with ranks 5 to 400 in them. You can jump in and out free-mode and into jobs easily, so it is not difficult to avoid people who are looking to cause trouble. Just keep your head down until you've bought a few decent guns. It doesn't take long - probably most half decent players will be competitive with an smg.

I plan to start a fresh with a new character on the PC. However, if someone does try to troll me and my PC crew buddies from GTA IV days, I can always break out my 150 ranked PS3 character and hit them back with Tanks, Buzzards and all the weapons money can buy.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

In reply to the title question: I'm pretty sure your online progress is synced to your Social Club profile and is saved to a server aka the cloud. I'm not sure if you'll actually be transferring anything if you all you have to do is log in to your social club account.

In reply to the OP: It's no different than picking up the game today on PS3 and going up against douche bags in tanks and mini guns. I don't see it as fair or unfair.

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

I would LOVE to carry my 360 stats onto the PC. Why should anyone who already payed for their copy of the game, and made progress on their Online character need to start all over?

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:02 PM Edited by Xerukal, 12 July 2014 - 07:03 PM.

I would LOVE to carry my 360 stats onto the PC. Why should anyone who already payed for their copy of the game, and made progress on their Online character need to start all over?

Uh... because they're paying for the copy of the game again on PC? Which is a whole new platform that didn't really have a previous version of the game in question. As in, there is no "last gen" GTA V on PC. So there was no existing Online player-base. Which could theoretically cause huge troubles in balancing, however...

I don't think it's that big of a deal in the long run. There's always going to be gankers and griefers in the open world. The PC version won't change that. But in terms of being competitively viable in modes like TDM and the like, skill will be all that matters with the elimination of mandatory 360/PS3 controller input.

I mean, of course you'll still play with people who are comfortable with the controller, but now you have your own keyboard and mouse. The controls you are comfortable with. So the core fairness is still there, if nothing else. (Note: I'm not talking about *you* in specific. Just people who are in varying situations when it comes to this whole thing)

It's going to come down to skill in the end, really. And come on, even with Online's heavy focus on progression and character building, It's still a "f*ck around with your friends" simulator at its core. At the end of the day, being a higher level just means having more options to play around with. 

The positives do seem to far outweigh the negatives here. Because PC gamers like myself who were doubly foolish enough to both buy the game on last gen AND spend money on cash cards, can now transfer all of that to the PC version without having to pay anywhere near as much, in both money and time, to get all that progress back. Not that I personally progressed that far, but others obviously have. 

Spoiler

milenkovic24
  • milenkovic24

Srbin

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

It`s not really fair. People like me who didn`t play GTAO yet, when I get game I will compete in new gamewhile I am lvl 1 with nothing unlocked and playing with someone ranked 120 has much money and  everything unlocked. It won`t be fun.

xboxshqip
  • xboxshqip

Crackhead

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

this will ruin the game for new comers 

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:39 PM Edited by Twilight Sky, 12 July 2014 - 09:39 PM.

I don't think this means what a lot of you think it means.

It does not mean your single player progress. Just your online character progress for that platform.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

Well to be honest this happening to the PC platform really sucks, I mean even for consoles but for those it's understandable many players will be upgrading from one to another and play with the same people (I'm wondering about this, if you are in a crew of XB360 and you transfer to the PC how will that work for the ones that keep on XB360? What about your LIVE friends?), and not many will be buying the console and play the game for the first time, there might be a few cases but won't be that many. Now for the PC platform is something very different, whats the point of starting a brand new game and find lvl 200+ with fancy guns, garages with a shtload of cars and millions of money (if it's transfered and admitting much of it was glitched)... so imagine how this might be, a lvl 2 with a sht hand pistol being stalked by high lvl idiots using grenade launchers, rocket launchers or whatever they decide to use ... how sht that will be?

I know R* has to do this to grab the most they can from LG, but for the new players it's a total BS. And there will be anothe rthing not yet explained, what about the limited items from old events we never had access too? Will they transfer that too? Will we see guys going around with cars, weapons, masks and clothes that we never had the chance to get? If this is the case I'm already imagining them using these to make some real cash and selling some packs or as single items for real money like other online games.

For me this is a real let down, it's a brand new game in a brand new platform, not a crossover game so each should stay in its own place. For consoles is no big deal but for PC's it is...

fatcowxlive
  • fatcowxlive

MooMooMoo!

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:35 AM

Thank you all for your responses!

This is the important part IMO. I think this is a way to try and milk out sales out of console players who have a decent PC or a PC gamer that picked up the game on 360/PS3 because they got tired of waiting. If you think about it it's smart from R*. Also as others mentioned, starting out fresh here is the same as doing so on the 360/PS3. The only difference will be that there is a gap between the high level high $$$ players and PC newbies. Shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Jaddxx
  • Jaddxx

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:25 AM

I'm pretty much advancing towards PC gaming now. Getting an ASUS X550L for schoolwork and gaming, it's not a beast but it'll run perfectly.

Technically speaking, I'll transfer my Online character but I really won't give trouble to low-level players and if they shoot at me, I'll just kill them once and be on my merry way.

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

Uh... because they're paying for the copy of the game again on PC? Which is a whole new platform that didn't really have a previous version of the game in question. As in, there is no "last gen" GTA V on PC. So there was no existing Online player-base. Which could theoretically cause huge troubles in balancing, however...

I don't think it's that big of a deal in the long run. There's always going to be gankers and griefers in the open world. The PC version won't change that. But in terms of being competitively viable in modes like TDM and the like, skill will be all that matters with the elimination of mandatory 360/PS3 controller input.

I mean, of course you'll still play with people who are comfortable with the controller, but now you have your own keyboard and mouse. The controls you are comfortable with. So the core fairness is still there, if nothing else. (Note: I'm not talking about *you* in specific. Just people who are in varying situations when it comes to this whole thing)

It's going to come down to skill in the end, really. And come on, even with Online's heavy focus on progression and character building, It's still a "f*ck around with your friends" simulator at its core. At the end of the day, being a higher level just means having more options to play around with. 

The positives do seem to far outweigh the negatives here. Because PC gamers like myself who were doubly foolish enough to both buy the game on last gen AND spend money on cash cards, can now transfer all of that to the PC version without having to pay anywhere near as much, in both money and time, to get all that progress back. Not that I personally progressed that far, but others obviously have. 

Spoiler

Oh my god, what? There are people level 200 on the 360 and ps3 versions right now who go and grief new players. Hmm... might not play GTA:O at all cuz u know... cant handle the pressure. 

NomadRider
  • NomadRider

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

Because of how long as it takes to rank up in GTA Online I wouldn't bother if I had to start over. Carrying my PS3 profile over is a must for me. I wouldn't buy this game again if I had to start over!
  • Shimo815 likes this

Shimo815
  • Shimo815

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

&nbsp;

Because of how long as it takes to rank up in GTA Online I wouldn't bother if I had to start over. Carrying my PS3 profile over is a must for me. I wouldn't buy this game again if I had to start over!

&nbsp;
same-here.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users