Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why does Lance act like a complete retard in this game?

17 replies to this topic
watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

When I played VC, Lance was just the typical, smooth, colloquial guy who played it cool. But in this game, he acts as if he has a brain the size of a pebble and is incredibly impulsive and gets him and his older brother Vic into all sorts of predicaments. (ex: missions The Audition, From Zero To Hero, Blitzkrieg, Taking the Fall, White Lies, and especially Light My Pyre) I mean I know the timeline is two years away from the original VC, but why is he such an idiot in this game in comparison to his appearance in the original?

MrVance
  • MrVance

Trick

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

Hehe, strange, i feel quite opposite. I find him in VCS very funny, carismatic but also neurotic- which makes him funny. In VC he is more cool, calm, sneaky and quiet.

It is not half as funny as in VCS. Every mission i need to do with Lance i enjoy it and laugh.

"i`m a black killa from Manila, the Manilla Billa"  :lol:

Lance T Vance, T for tulips in thailand.

LOL

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

Because VCS was poorly made and written.

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

Lance Vance is just a crazed coke head in VCS...Just play the mission White Lies in VCS, one of the lamest missions ever.  Lance gets into a Maverick, flies away, while you are in a Vortex picking up the Cocaine that falls from the Maverick.  Also during one of the missions (I forget the name) he and you are on a bike chasing down guys in cars and shooting them, then you go into the Mendez Mansion and kill that guy, but this mission was stupidly tricky cuz idiot Vance would always drive in front of you while you were shooting the cars and his health would go way down...I hated Lance Vance the most out of any character in VCS, actually.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Trick

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

Come on guys i know it`s a forum and everyone is entitled to his own opinion, freedom of speech `n all that  :lol:  but still, i would expect people who like this game on VCS forum and not just people who criticising it. . Besides how can you say it`s a bad written game just because you don`t like it? I will not say that GTA 3 is a lousy game just because i personally don`t like it. Hell that`s just my own opinion, now i don`t know about USA but here in EU VCS was huge hit back in 2007.

Of course Lance in VCS is the kind of character that you either love him or hate him, there is no between. To me it is very funny in VCS because of his neurotic cokehead attitude while in VC he is just too calm and sneaky. I just love the unique screaming voice of great Phillip Michael f*cking Thomas, his voice is awesome and it comes more to expression in VCS.

clement_attlee
  • clement_attlee

Strawberry thug

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Because his name is stupid?

Khan96
  • Khan96

Mafia Never Forgets

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

Well, he maybe change after his brother's death.

With his brother Victor, he is a funny psyco,
After his comrade Vic's death, he acts quiet and play it cool. And Lance Vance is always a greedy moron, being cool and silent don't change this truth. He betrays Tommy, it shows that he is still the same greedy moron in VC.
  • thekillerdonuts, Smoke Cat and MrVance like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Trick

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

Altough i didn`t like Lance`s character but he surely was pure fun in VCS and for the 1.st time i`ve played VCS i almost died of laughing when i was hearing his screaming and his funny rhimes (one more lance vance chance :lol: )

Every mission with Lance in VCS was fun as hell.

But i didn`t like his cowardly escape in the start of VC when Vic was killed. f*cking coward didn`t even try to help his brother or at least go and check if he is still alive. Vic certainly wouldn`t run away like that.

GTA19somethin
  • GTA19somethin

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

Altough i didn`t like Lance`s character but he surely was pure fun in VCS and for the 1.st time i`ve played VCS i almost died of laughing when i was hearing his screaming and his funny rhimes (one more lance vance chance :lol: )

But i didn`t like his cowardly escape in the start of VC when Vic was killed. f*cking coward didn`t even try to help his brother or at least go and check if he is still alive. Vic certainly wouldn`t run away like that.

Yeah. The least he could've done is to exit the helicopter and defended his brother. To tell you the truth, if Vic was alive, I don't think he would bother to avenge his brother's death due to his stupidity. I mean despite the times that Tommy remained loyal to him, even promising Lance in a phone call that he wouldn't rip him off or stab him in the back, Lance still betrayed him to side with Sonny. I like Lance, but he deserved to get killed.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Trick

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

Yeah. The least he could've done is to exit the helicopter and defended his brother. To tell you the truth, if Vic was alive, I don't think he would bother to avenge his brother's death due to his stupidity. I mean despite the times that Tommy remained loyal to him, even promising Lance in a phone call that he wouldn't rip him off or stab him in the back, Lance still betrayed him to side with Sonny. I like Lance, but he deserved to get killed.

I mean how dumb was Lance in VC anyway to betray Tommy. Did he realy think Sonny would suck his ass and put him as his bussines partner and giving him a fair slice? Sonny would wipe out Lance the 1.st moment after he wouldn`t find him useful anymore. The mafia families like Forellis were back in 80s don`t except people who aren`t their blood in their circles. Plus they don`t like snitchs like Lance.

collin131
  • collin131

Player Hater

• New Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

Lance in this game definetly sucks in everything, including the car rides coz he always finds a way to kill himself...

MrVance
  • MrVance

Trick

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

Well he certainly is funny in VCS, you can`t say he`s funny in VC. In VC he`s just boring and sneaky, but in VCS he is funny as hell.

I like that neurotic cokehead attitude he`s got in VCS, it amuses me  :lol: .

I know few cokeheads in real life so i know they act the same as Lance did in VCS, they are loud, neurotic and paranoid.

GTA19somethin
  • GTA19somethin

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

I mean how dumb was Lance in VC anyway to betray Tommy. Did he realy think Sonny would suck his ass and put him as his bussines partner and giving him a fair slice? Sonny would wipe out Lance the 1.st moment after he wouldn`t find him useful anymore. The mafia families like Forellis were back in 80s don`t except people who aren`t their blood in their circles. Plus they don`t like snitchs like Lance.

Took the words right out of my mouth. What Lance didn't realize is that Sonny is not a guy to be trusted, and Lance is pretty much a useless idiot regardless of who he hangs out with. Sonny betrayed Tommy 15 years prior to the setting of VC, so who's to say Sonny wouldn't have done the same to Lance in less that a few minutes?

Boyz2Society
  • Boyz2Society

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

Well Lance was a useless cokehead before he even met Tommy. So I guess since Vic's death, he regretted his stupidity and became much calmer and cool. Then he betray Tommy despite the fact that the latter promised no betrayal. So Lance was still a retard in VC. Just much more quiet than he was in VCS.

Xyn
  • Xyn

Sɇɇd f The Đwɇllɇr

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Because that's what he is.

His cool cat personality in VC is a farce; if he were truly cool he wouldn't have tried to take Diaz down so half-assedly and get caught.

With Vic, there was no use in trying to pretend to be anything...and I honestly loved him to death in VCS more.

Because VCS was poorly made and written.

Weird, considering GTA IV's story is basically VCS v2.0,

...and people love to hail IV as the best story.

• Smoke Cat and Khan96 like this

Paul723
  • Paul723

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

What are you talking about? Lance is still the same retard in VC he was in VCS. He's just more level-headed in VC than he was in VCS since he's no longer addicted to that coke in the former of the two. That so-called cool persona Lance displayed in VC was just a hoax to hide his true nature.

LeopardGecko
  • LeopardGecko

GTA biker

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago

I guess he´s either a bit more matured in 1986,while his behavior in 1984 is like some temperamental bratty kid or maybe he acted smooth and badass to impress Tommy to make Tommy help him kill Diaz,but could show his usual behavior with Vic.

However,he´s not really much smarter in VC,he tried to take out Diaz on his own and was captured by Diaz´s men and Tommy had to save him,and later he betrayed Tommy and got killed.

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

Sprunk Can

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted A week ago

I always saw Vice City Stories as setting up the history of characters. Like Salvatore in San Andreas and how CJ is the guy responsible for turning him into a paranoid cook. In Vice City, Lance would have learned the ropes of the business and spent time indulged in the 80s party scene. In VCS we see Lance first leaving home, thinking it'd probably be like those crime films and fiction and getting overwhelmed by all the partying and the rush of the fast lane in life.

Took the words right out of my mouth. What Lance didn't realize is that Sonny is not a guy to be trusted, and Lance is pretty much a useless idiot regardless of who he hangs out with. Sonny betrayed Tommy 15 years prior to the setting of VC, so who's to say Sonny wouldn't have done the same to Lance in less that a few minutes?

Ehhh, ration doesn't play much part in his behaviour when he feels like he's playing second fiddle. He does it in VCS and he does it in VC, he clearly has security issues with himself and his image and started cracking when Tommy made it more and more apparent (In Lance's eyes) he was second, not an equal partner.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users