Altimeter for Aircraft

15 replies to this topic
Spectrap
  • Spectrap

Fuzzy Pickes

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

Why has no one suggested this yet? We need something like the submarine has. An Altimeter would be very helpful at times

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

Don't those lines on the minimap do the same thing?

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

Hurrrrrrrr duuuurrrrrr. There is lines on the map for how high you are.

Potato Bizzle
  • Potato Bizzle

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

I think he's talking about how in the submarine it actually tells you how many feet you are from the surface/bottom. The lines don't really help honestly.

Khan96
  • Khan96

Mafia Never Forgets

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

Yeah good idea, also there was altimeter for aircraft in GTA San Andreas.

GTA V should have to.

Spectrap
  • Spectrap

Fuzzy Pickes

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:39 PM Edited by Spectrap, 10 July 2014 - 07:40 PM.

Hurrrrrrrr duuuurrrrrr. Actual digits to show how high you are. Those lines aren't helpful at all since I can already see how my jet is lined up via 3rd person

Duncan96
  • Duncan96

Honest Joe

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

Hurrrrrrrr duuuurrrrrr. Actual digits to show how high you are. Those lines aren't helpful at all since I can already see how my jet is lined up via 3rd person

If you're referring to the angle of the nose, those lines are not for that.

The lines that are static show the complete height, from ground to ceiling.

The line that moves up and down shows where the plane is on the scale.

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

And from there you can use your brain to know how high up you are with estimates ect.

igotskiz
  • igotskiz

Mediator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

An altimeter on an aircraft wouldn't work due to the amount of fluctuation the meter would be going through due to whatever the plane is flying over, as opposed to the submarine's altimeter being set to sea level, due to there only being one sea level. 

You'll know how far away the ground is by looking down.

JaegerV2
  • JaegerV2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

Altimeters, Speedometers and Fuel gauges...

Some of the things people want to see in GTA, tell me something people, you do realize this is GTA right? And not a simulation.

Next people will want fully working mildots on their rifle scopes, even though wind factor is pointless in sniping.

Or how about a "spare tire" option in case we get a puncture, simply get out and replace it on the spot..

Do you see the pattern? None of these things fit in GTA simply because GTA doesn't take itself seriously. It's a Sandbox game designed for mass use.. Again it's not a simulation.

If you want realistic, go outside. No offense intended I just don't get why there's so many people wanting insignificant things such as meters and what not when the only thing we're all waiting for still hasn't arrived.

Rwande
  • Rwande

psychopath

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

1 stripe 1 mile. all said.

Khan96
  • Khan96

Mafia Never Forgets

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:29 PM

Wow, it is not bad like that. At least the aircrafts in GTA V has a stall alarm. I discovered it today.

elidc
  • elidc

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

Useless feature

Revingdave
  • Revingdave

STI Lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

Some of the things people want to see in GTA, tell me something people, you do realize this is GTA right? And not a simulation.

Next people will want fully working mildots on their rifle scopes, even though wind factor is pointless in sniping.

Or how about a "spare tire" option in case we get a puncture, simply get out and replace it on the spot..

Do you see the pattern? None of these things fit in GTA simply because GTA doesn't take itself seriously. It's a Sandbox game designed for mass use.. Again it's not a simulation.

If you want realistic, go outside. No offense intended I just don't get why there's so many people wanting insignificant things such as meters and what not when the only thing we're all waiting for still hasn't arrived.

A bunch of small features like a spare tire would be pretty cool. I hate bulletproof tires.  Chases with cops players ect would be way more fun.

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

We don't need an altimeter

We need rockets that don't just target stupid cops
  • JaegerV2 likes this

JaegerV2
  • JaegerV2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:43 PM

A bunch of small features like a spare tire would be pretty cool. I hate bulletproof tires.  Chases with cops players ect would be way more fun.

Cops V Robbers style game types are rumoured to make an appearance at some point, now that you mention it lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users