11,076 replies to this topic
El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted A week ago

yeah but that's a different conversation than automation versus manual driving.

we can have both.

I'm always for improving mass transit as it would cut down on all forms of commuter congestion.

• Tchuck likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

Great mass transit here in Japan is part of the reason why I went with the MX5. It can simply be my fun car, that I can take on weekends to whenever I want. And then switch to mass transit for regular everyday things.

• El Diablo likes this

turbocharger
  • turbocharger

stisni pisni, pusti zviždi

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]

Posted A week ago Edited by turbocharger, A week ago.

Yeah, when rich/well-doing people prefer using public transportation, it's an indicator of a well developed country and vice versa, if poor people prefer driving their own cars to commute, it shows an economical/social anomaly, characteristic for poor countries. Not implying that you're rich, but the fact you own a personal vehicle and still don't mind using mass transit is a great thing. Being able to rely on a bus, metro or whatever to get to work and not be late is a blessing. Just sit back and enjoy, don't have to worry about traffic, finding a parking spot etc.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

Definitely. Here in Japan, public transportation is accessible to everyone. Because of that, owning cars is extremely affordable too, specially since Japanese tend to take very good care of their stuff, which makes used cars really cheap since people also just prefer to buy brand new for the convenience. Mind you, some people still choose to take the car to work; but not because they need to, but because they want to. That is what a successful mass transit system affords you: the choice to move around on your own terms. It also helps the system here is massively efficient too, with total delay over a year (without counting natural disasters or accidents with people) in the region of the minutes.

• turbocharger likes this

turbocharger
  • turbocharger

stisni pisni, pusti zviždi

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]

Posted A week ago

And here in the winters sometimes I wait a whole hour in the city centre, capital city mind you, for the bus to come, freezing my poor pinky toes off. And when it arrives it's full, not to mention trams. Politicians have enormous payrolls yet everything is dysfunctional here.

I felt so embarassed when Japan donated 50 Toyota RAVs to institutions of Bosnia and Herzegovina sometime this spring. I live across a Toyota dealership, and there they were, white, clean and new. Passing by them for weeks before they were given away, all I could think was how they were going to get ruined and misused real soon. Please don't send any more donations down here, you can't send as much as our corrupt government can steal.
  • Tchuck likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted A week ago

Interesting to say I've seen the Centenario now. I was not expecting to see one today, still shook!

Average white guy
  • Average white guy

I love the smell of exhaust fumes on cool, frosty mornings.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Average white guy, 2 days ago.

You could also build mass transit systems within cities. The technology is available right now!

This. Ban cars in dense areas and allow only bicycle and foot traffic, and automated public transportation. Green af.

This I agree on. IMO self-driving vehicles will be the norm in large cities within the next 20 to 30 years. NYC, Chicago, LA etc. need them as soon as possible. Outside of cities I don't see the point in making self-driving mandatory. As everything moves slower and traffic is pretty much a non-issue in small towns.

I don't think self-driving vehicles will be entirely safer, but they will damn well improve travel and productivity in large cities. Also I don't think manual driving will ever truly disappear, at least not for the foreseeable future. I hope at least  :/

• turbocharger likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users