Do you mean the Audi S5 fastback sedan or the S5 coupe, versus the Q50s 3.7 or the Q50s hybrid? Because those are either two cars that are very different or two cars that are very similar.
Well having thought about it, assuming you mean the S5 five door fastback and the non-hybrid q50s they are both pretty similar cars. Size, power, equipment, performance. Both do 155mph and get to 60 in 5 seconds. They even look the same. The few things that make the difference for me are:
- The Audi is a manual, the Q50 i believe is only available in an Auto. So the Audi swings it in that department for me, maybe not important for others.
- The Infiniti is cheaper and I dont really think you get much more for your money with the audi, except a "slightly" more prestigious badge.
- The Audi might hold its value better, but that is offset by the higher initial cost. Depends how long he wants to keep it. 2 years or 10?
- Infiniti claimed gas mileage is about 10% better than the Audi.
- Audi 4x4. This could be seen as a pro or a con, depends where you live i guess and what your needs are. Its handy if you live in a snowy place (not Texas), but it makes a heavier and less efficient car. Also I like RWD.
Theres really not a lot to pick between these two cars. The Infiniti is a nice alternative to the executive euro sedan choices. But if you want an executive euro sedan why not the 5 series? Also if the consideration was with the coupe version of the S5, then its a pretty different looking car.