Photo

Car Talk Topic

10,166 replies to this topic
Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (Suction Testicle Man @ Apr 16 2007, 00:26)
QUOTE (Pavlov @ Apr 15 2007, 23:55)
QUOTE (Suction Testicle Man @ Apr 15 2007, 18:43)
QUOTE (Pavlov @ Apr 15 2007, 18:32)
user posted image

Just beautiful

Yeah he's hot.. but damn that's a nice car. wow.gif

In this photo you can see an unique atmosphere of today's historical racing. Catching this moment was just great.

I see - where was the photo taken?

Ferrari Days at Monza.

And the car is a 512F Le Mans.

user posted image

And the R33 is amazing.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (Suction Testicle Man @ Apr 15 2007, 20:33)
think I might paint it yellow and have some crappy plumber's name on the side, then fill it with a nice table, chairs, then my computer system and recording equipment, plus a wall of amps. Leaves me with a mobile guitar studio. biggrin.gif Either way, I still plan on driving to Russia in this - so it needs to be liveable in - so I suppose it's more a matter of floorplan suggestions. I'm planning on welding on the sliding door for example (since it always falls off anyway) and just using the back rear doors for access.

Well.. I consider a hot tub a necessary thing for living wink.gif

I cracked up at the side door thing!

Dup
  • Dup

Retired Lurker

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:08 AM

Speaking of Ferrari 512 <-- That is a hawt model in progress!

@ Waddy - An R33 GT-R that's been blessed with Top Secret kit. NICE! Steal it for me.

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:47 PM

I'm on the good way to commit something totally stupid, means buying a racecar, which is in this case a Fiat 500 abarth 1993.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

ViceDog
  • ViceDog

Boss

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:00 PM

There's a lot of fun in a racecar, especially these small Fiat 500's, but the costs sad.gif .

Maintaining such a car can be a real pain.

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (ViceDog @ Apr 16 2007, 14:00)
There's a lot of fun in a racecar, especially these small Fiat 500's, but the costs sad.gif .

Maintaining such a car can be a real pain.

Actually this is the point. Maintaining something bigger would be a pain in the ass. This is easy to maintain oneself, plus complete overhauls are not complicated and FAST.

And sets of wheels/tires come cheap. it was all considered.

rmmstnr
  • rmmstnr

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:47 PM

think I might paint it yellow and have some crappy plumber's name on the side, then fill it with a nice table, chairs, then my computer system and recording equipment, plus a wall of amps. Leaves me with a mobile guitar studio.  Either way, I still plan on driving to Russia in this - so it needs to be liveable in - so I suppose it's more a matter of floorplan suggestions.

Darn, I guess you wouldn't wanna do this then?

http://i75.photobuck...urbineinVan.jpg

http://i75.photobuck...rbineinVan2.jpg

It's a shame, I'd like to see more of these on the road tounge.gif

Organic Zero
  • Organic Zero

|Block Rocking Beats|

• Feroci

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:07 AM

it sadness me to see that you guys can see and have pretty interesting cars while i'm stuck in latin america in a land of fwd cars.... if i manage to get out, i'm seriously considering getting a e30 325i bimmer.... is that a good idea?

EvilPenguin
  • EvilPenguin

Insufferable c*nt.

• Feroci

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (Organic Zero @ Apr 16 2007, 23:07)
it sadness me to see that you guys can see and have pretty interesting cars while i'm stuck in latin america in a land of fwd cars.... if i manage to get out, i'm seriously considering getting a e30 325i bimmer.... is that a good idea?

MY GOD YES.

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (Organic Zero @ Apr 17 2007, 08:07)

you have many Ferraris in Brasil,no?

Dup
  • Dup

Retired Lurker

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:16 AM

But Ferraris are for Mr Tarty Farty pants, who buys them "for his wife" then drives them at 25mph in a 60 mph area, then gets pissed off when a tatty 206 fills his rear view mirror and ends up forcing him to move out the middle of the country lane which he sits over the white line like he owns the f*cking place.

Ferrari drivers round here need a lesson in driving. The 911 GT3 driver on the other hand, biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Anyway, come june I'll be riding fwd with my EP3 Type R. I'm tempted by a DC2 Teg, but they're a bit long in the tooth now.

Organic Zero
  • Organic Zero

|Block Rocking Beats|

• Feroci

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (Pavlov @ Apr 17 2007, 06:53)
QUOTE (Organic Zero @ Apr 17 2007, 08:07)

you have many Ferraris in Brasil,no?

sitting on garages mostly.... confused.gif

and still, driving such car in a road that feels more like a rally track has the same feeling as swimming in a pool of razor blades and showering yourself with rub alchoohol...

serioulsy, here is sooo lame that the best sports car you can get for the amount of money that i have is this one (but i don't want that)

user posted image

Gol Turbo 1.0 16V

yeah, you heard, the engine is 1.0 litre.... 200km/h is a never happening dream on it...

it's economical thou turn.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:29 PM

Ewww.

It's like an old Seat or something.

E30 325i should be awesome. Actually, someone from my school got a nice red one for $2,500AUD. But he probably only thinks it's hardcore because it's a BMW :side:

Organic Zero
  • Organic Zero

|Block Rocking Beats|

• Feroci

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Apr 17 2007, 15:29)
Ewww.

E30 325i should be awesome. Actually, someone from my school got a nice red one for $2,500AUD. But he probably only thinks it's hardcore because it's a BMW :side:

the VW has quite a history on my country of being a really sucessfull car, on the past, several really sporty versions were made (GTi, GTS, TSi) all having either 1.8 or 2.0 litre engines. the 2.0 was the best one as it could be easily changed to a 2.2L engine without having to fork over too much money. the only downside for me was it being FWD.

about the Seat thing, i can't be sure, the car had come a really long way, and ever since it's beggining, it was following the design of the VW golf somehow. The lasted gen looks really like a golf's small brother ph34r.gif

user posted image

back on e30's inlove.gif

found this pic... never thought that even the wagon could look this sexy

*gta star*
  • *gta star*

Z Man - Veteran Z member

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:28 PM

I don't think that looks sexy, that's my personal opinion, I hate the colour and I think it's ugly.

The shape of the car itself looks very plain, boxed shape, not my scene.

Organic Zero
  • Organic Zero

|Block Rocking Beats|

• Feroci

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (*gta star* @ Apr 18 2007, 17:28)
I don't think that looks sexy, that's my personal opinion, I hate the colour and I think it's ugly.

The shape of the car itself looks very plain, boxed shape, not my scene.

considering that the e30 bimmer is a 80' project, and knowing what type of cars germany was producing during the 80', i can't agree... i may sound as a fanboy, but concerning the design of the car, it get much nicer and cleaner lines than many of the round shaped cars that other companies were pumping out at it's time...

also, the way the headlights are placed on the front with all the black grill surrounding it gives it a mean look

still, i'm not on the merits of defining what you like, each one on its own... biggrin.gif

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:50 AM

And the skies opened, and Lord said OMFG, - heh that's me -, what a stunning beauty.

user posted image

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:25 PM

I love that 599. Looove it. inlove.gif

Btw, is that a Shelby Cobra beside it?

Organic Zero
  • Organic Zero

|Block Rocking Beats|

• Feroci

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (-Kajun- @ Apr 28 2007, 12:25)
I love that 599. Looove it. inlove.gif

Btw, is that a Shelby Cobra beside it?

that's definatly a cobra inlove.gif

i zemand pics!

there's 2 599 here on brazil... one sold(red) and one in the store(black). The red one was saw by a friend near the interlagos circuit, during the opening of the stock car season

user posted image
user posted image

he couldn't take better pics because he was on the move....

if i have time i shall drop by the dealer to drool over the black one...

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• Administrator
  • None

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:05 PM

Volkswagen Gols are awesome, especially the first generation. As OZ said, they've been hugely popular in South America. That yellow one that was posted looks like it shares a Felicia chassis.. wouldn't be surprised. Big up the retro. icon14.gif

user posted image

Organic Zero
  • Organic Zero

|Block Rocking Beats|

• Feroci

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:45 PM Edited by Organic Zero, 01 May 2007 - 04:54 PM.

that's a Mk3 model, the one i posted is a Mk5. and yes, they are incredibly popular around here, since they are somewhat cheap (unless you are looking for the GTi and TSi models), reliable, as most of our petrol is crap, and very easy to tune. They are something like the vauxhall nova is for the guys on uk.

also, there's some variations of it, the Voyage is the sedan version, Parati is the Station and Saveiro is the ute. This last one is one of the favs. among the street racers since it's lightest of em'all... but it sucks at stability at high speeds...

VW saveiro Mk5
user posted image

http://www.carrosnaw...m.br/histvw.asp <- link with pics of some of the brazilian models produced till the day

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:01 PM

Air extractor + huge ass wing > stability. As weird as it may look on a pickup.

oipolloi
  • oipolloi

I say XD too much, just ignore it

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:15 AM

I love those 80's Bimmers, fancied one myself once. At Practical Performance Car (awesome UK tuning mag) they are doing a "scrapyard turbo build", they have taken an 80's 5-series and a big turbo from "something american" and are trying to put the two together using only stuff from scrapyards, sheet steel and a MIG. Dunno if they've managed it yet...

For the guy in South America who wants RWD, Wasnt that where the VW beetle was made in it's last days? Ok so it's rear engined too which can't be good for stability (i've driven a 911, terrifying...) but the tuning scene for them is HUGE! so there should be loads of parts available online. Or i think in Argentina the Hillman Avenger (early 70's GM car, that was it's British name but it was called a Dodge and Chrysler elsewhere) was made up until quite recently, see if one of those has found its way to where you are XD. It's supposed to be fairly easily tunable, though good luck finding specific off the shelf parts, any random kind of bigger carb, air filter and exhaust should go on

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:49 PM

Gumball 2007 was cancelled.

More here: http://www.gtspirit.com/

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (Organic Zero @ Apr 18 2007, 15:51)
QUOTE (Cran. @ Apr 17 2007, 15:29)
Ewww.

the VW has quite a history on my country of being a really sucessfull car, on the past, several really sporty versions were made (GTi, GTS, TSi) all having either 1.8 or 2.0 litre engines. the 2.0 was the best one as it could be easily changed to a 2.2L engine without having to fork over too much money. the only downside for me was it being FWD.

about the Seat thing, i can't be sure, the car had come a really long way, and ever since it's beggining, it was following the design of the VW golf somehow. The lasted gen looks really like a golf's small brother ph34r.gif

*gol*

back on e30's inlove.gif

found this pic... never thought that even the wagon could look this sexy

That new Gol just looks awkward.. they've tried to make it fit in with the rest of the VW range.. they failed! Personal tastes, so yeah! tounge.gif VW do own Seat, so $5 says it shares the platform with a Seat.

E30 is such a nice looking car. My only criticisms with that E30 is that strip on the front. Rest is very, very nice inlove.gif BMW Estates/Wagons are always very nice looking cars, especially the E60 M5 Touring. My god!

Dup
  • Dup

Retired Lurker

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:03 PM

I've just put my name down on a pre-facelift 2003 Civic Type-R in Satin Silver. I should be picking it up on Weds. Cost a bit more than I wanted to spend, but the Peugeot is going to be kept by Amanda but I'll still own that. I'll be paying for it for 5 years but theres nothing to stop me selling it and settling the finance.

I gave it a fiar decent test drive. Damned impressive to be honest! Its about time I had a car worth having. It's a stretch but lifes too short!!

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:23 PM

Awesome, Dup. Do smack up some pics when you get a hold of it.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:43 AM Edited by BCspeed34, 06 May 2007 - 05:47 PM.

Yeah, I cant wait for some pics biggrin.gif

Now, does ANYONE on here have a Carfax subscription? I need a VIN checked on this EVO VIII I found.

EDIT: Nevermind about the Evo, I love scams biggrin.gif

Organic Zero
  • Organic Zero

|Block Rocking Beats|

• Feroci

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (oipolloi @ May 2 2007, 07:15)
I love those 80's Bimmers, fancied one myself once. At Practical Performance Car (awesome UK tuning mag) they are doing a "scrapyard turbo build", they have taken an 80's 5-series and a big turbo from "something american" and are trying to put the two together using only stuff from scrapyards, sheet steel and a MIG. Dunno if they've managed it yet...

For the guy in South America who wants RWD, Wasnt that where the VW beetle was made in it's last days? Ok so it's rear engined too which can't be good for stability (i've driven a 911, terrifying...) but the tuning scene for them is HUGE! so there should be loads of parts available online. Or i think in Argentina the Hillman Avenger (early 70's GM car, that was it's British name but it was called a Dodge and Chrysler elsewhere) was made up until quite recently, see if one of those has found its way to where you are XD. It's supposed to be fairly easily tunable, though good luck finding specific off the shelf parts, any random kind of bigger carb, air filter and exhaust should go on

VW bugs or "Fusca" as they are know here are fairly common, they are nice, interesting and cool, but they are not my type for one thing....

DAMN THOSE THINGS ARE SOOOOOOOOO SMALL! X(

yeah... i feel like a tuna in a can in one of those... and cabrios are either rare or recognized as a chick car.... so meh for me....

A VW Bus on the other hand is something that is more likely to me if you are only aiming to ride smooth, without making every trip to the market into a time trial attack... I'll probably have one when i get older... i still have the urges for speed these days....

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:57 PM

Some bad memories from 2002 when Zender (yes THE Zender) dealership burnt down. And all the amazing archives of amazing Zender Ferraris with. Clients database, over 20 years of history.

user posted image

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users