Tyrant

22 replies to this topic
Palikari
  • Palikari

Live and let live

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:24 AM

Tyrant tells the story of an unassuming American family drawn into the inner workings of a turbulent Middle Eastern nation. Bassam "Barry" Al-Fayeed (Adam Rayner), the youngest son of a war-torn country's controversial dictator, returns to his homeland after a self-imposed 20-year exile in America for his nephew's wedding. Upon his return, Barry is immediately thrown back into the familial and national politics of his youth. He braces himself to confront the stark realities of his father and older brother Jamal's (Ashraf Barhom) harsh rule, and finds himself at odds with Jamal's wife, Leila (Moran Atias), who strongly believes in a firm, unforgiving regime. Although his wife, Molly (Jennifer Finnigan), struggles to comprehend her husband's apprehension, Barry is unable and unwilling to make his all-American family understand his unease over returning home. Emma (Anne Winters), their 17-year-old daughter, adores her father and shares his disdain for the extravagances of her extended family. Meanwhile, their son, 16-year-old Sammy (Noah Silver), revels in the lavish lifestyle their "royal" status brings, but dangerously tests cultural divides with his poorly disguised interest in handsome family bodyguard Abdul (Mehdi Dehbi). Barry's only warm memory of his childhood, boyhood friend Fauzi (Fares Fares), wants nothing to do with him. Fauzi is now a journalist, whose reports on the abuses of the Al-Fayeed rule resulted in his arrest and torture. Barry must now confront the life he once fled. With his father's health in decline, everyone – Jamal, their mother Amira (Alice Krige), their father's top advisor Yussef (Salim Daw), and even easygoing U.S. diplomat John Tucker (Justin Kirk) – expects him to assume a more active role in both the family and the regime.

Official website: http://www.fxnetworks.com/tyrant/ (Only available in the USA)

This is a good review: http://www.slate.com...t_reviewed.html

• Raavi likes this

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:46 AM

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes. It's got potential and I intend to continue watching. I'll catch the third episode later today.

• Raavi and Palikari like this

Palikari
  • Palikari

Live and let live

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes. It's got potential and I intend to continue watching. I'll catch the third episode later today.

The third episode is great as well. I love Jamal Al-Fayeed, he is a psychopath. Ashraf Barhom is a great actor.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

Wasn't expecting to actually like this series but I can't wait for episode four.

Wonder how long until Beary is at the throne?

• Palikari likes this

Palikari
  • Palikari

Live and let live

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

Wonder how long until Beary is at the throne?

He reminds me of Bashar Al Assad, who was a doctor in the West (the UK) and then went back to Syria. Maybe Bassam will be at the throne if Jamal dies. But I don't want Jamal to die! He's great a psychopath.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

I just rolled through the first four eps of this and while some of it seems a bit contrived and weak, I'm hooked on the setting and theme. Ashraf Barhom is just perfectly twisted as Jamal and Moran Atias is ridiculously hot.

• Raavi and Palikari like this

Palikari
  • Palikari

Live and let live

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

I just rolled through the first four eps of this and while some of it seems a bit contrived and weak, I'm hooked on the setting and theme. Ashraf Barhom is just perfectly twisted as Jamal and Moran Atias is ridiculously hot.

Jamal is amazing, he's a psychopath! I want a character like him in GTA VI.

• Voodoo and Raavi like this

Palikari
  • Palikari

Live and let live

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:19 AM Edited by Palikari, 06 August 2014 - 05:26 AM.

The setting of today's chapter has been a little bit poor. When Bassam walks on the street at night, you can clearly see it's Tel Aviv, Israeli buses and even a cab with Hebrew letters. That disappointed me a lot. What's next? An Israeli flag? People speaking Hebrew? I think they should be more careful with those details.

The rest of the chapter was just great: Jamal is evil and insane!

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:14 AM

The setting of today's chapter has been a little bit poor. When Bassam walks on the street at night, you can clearly see it's Tel Aviv, Israeli buses and even a cab with Hebrew letters. That disappointed me a lot. What's next? An Israeli flag? People speaking Hebrew? I think they should be more careful with those details.

You probably caught that stuff because you're from Israel. For someone like me, I couldn't tell which place it was.

I'm loving this show. Just when it seemed that Bassam had tamed Jamal, bam!, he does something insane. Jamal's volatile character coupled with the calmness of Bassam is what's making this show what it is.

• Palikari likes this

Palikari
  • Palikari

Live and let live

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:56 AM

The last episode was AMAZING! I hope there's a season 2. This show has a lot of potential that can still be exploited.

Spoiler

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:59 AM

Well I didn't think that last nights episode was the finale.... What an extremely short season.

• Palikari likes this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

Dammit! I didn't realize that was the end, either. Kind of a let down, actually. I really hope it gets renewed.

• Girish and Palikari like this

Palikari
  • Palikari

Live and let live

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:18 AM

The exterior facade of Abuddin's US embassy was actually taken from the Syrian embassy in Paris. They only changed the waving flag:

1912451395.gif

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

Started watching this show. Caught an episode on FX and that episode was good enough to make me buy the season pass off iTunes. 

I'm on episode 6 now. 

• Palikari likes this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

Started watching this show. Caught an episode on FX and that episode was good enough to make me buy the season pass off iTunes. 

I'm on episode 6 now. 

I know it's a little late but FOX offers every episode of Tyrant online for free rather than paying the outrageous iTunes cost.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:36 PM

I'm on episode 6 now. 

I know it's a little late but FOX offers every episode of Tyrant online for free rather than paying the outrageous iTunes cost.

I'm not in America, so that doesn't apply to me. 

That's only available if you're in the US. 

I don't mind. I like having it right there and I can afford it. I generally only purchase shows I really enjoy. The rest I find other ways to watch or Netflix. 

• SimsDaniel916 likes this

Palikari
  • Palikari

Live and let live

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:43 AM

I'm not in America, so that doesn't apply to me. 

That's only available if you're in the US. 

I don't mind. I like having it right there and I can afford it. I generally only purchase shows I really enjoy. The rest I find other ways to watch or Netflix. 

You can use a proxy. You can also download some addons for Firefox that mask your real IP so it appears you're in the US.

Jeone
  • Jeone

I don't like cats

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:05 PM

Saw a episode of this yesterday not bad but I don't get what is about
Can some one tell me what it's about?

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:27 PM

Good news! Tyrant has been renewed for a second season.

The bad news is that we have to wait until Summer 2015 which is almost a year from now.

• Girish and Palikari like this

Palikari
  • Palikari

Live and let live

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

Saw a episode of this yesterday not bad but I don't get what is about
Can some one tell me what it's about?

Read the beginning of this post and watch the trailer. It's better you start from the first episode.

Good news! Tyrant has been renewed for a second season.

The bad news is that we have to wait until Summer 2015 which is almost a year from now.

I can't wait so long!

Spoiler
The second season will be great!

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:40 PM

Just saw on Twitter that Season 2 premiers TONIGHT! Fox isn't doing a great job marketing the show's return as I had no idea it was back tonight but I'm excited nonetheless.
  • Girish and Raavi like this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• Olympics
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

Cheers, SimsDaniel. Had completely forgotten about this series.

Spoiler

• SimsDaniel916 likes this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:18 AM

NOOO! This is HomeLand all over again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users