Photo

Grand Theft Auto: VICE

54 replies to this topic
Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:53 PM Edited by Severe, 12 August 2014 - 08:54 PM.

Well, added the first three missions now, I hope the screenplay-format doesn't bother people, I just find it easier writing it that way.

Edit: Also gonna be adding an expanded vehicles section soon. Also, yay 2nd page (even if it is mainly my own posts.)

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

Looks good mate. I am looking forward to seeing everyones interpretations of a Next Gen VC. I am currently working on my concept and I'm not totally sure when mine will be ready to be posted. 

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:10 AM

Can't access Mission #3 for some reason. Google Docs won't let me in there.

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

Can't access Mission #3 for some reason. Google Docs won't let me in there.

I tried re-entering the url, works for me, lemme know if it's still broken.

Also: I've been contemplating a couple of potential DLC packs. So far I've got the 'Jack Howitzer Retro Action pack' and the 'Heydey Retro Luxury pack' and some kind of modern, hi-tech pack, I've not come up with a name for yet. They might be added soonish as well.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:40 AM

Wow I read the first mission and I really like your screenplay style writing. Very awesome and puts me right in the action and makes me feel like I am reading the script for a GTA movie. Blows me out of the water  :^:

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

Works now. Looks good! Second what gtamann said, I really like the screenplay set up.

DLC packs sound great. Retro Action Pack is making me feel all fuzzy. Exploder Survival Knife? :happy:

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:17 AM Edited by Severe, 13 August 2014 - 10:29 AM.

DLC packs sound great. Retro Action Pack is making me feel all fuzzy. Exploder Survival Knife? :happy:

I hadn't actually thought of that, but that'd definitely fit in!

Glad the format isn't a problem, I'll keep writing them like that then.

NothingSpecial
  • NothingSpecial

2spooky4me

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

I've read all three missions. That Lupe woman kinda reminds me of Maria Latore. And I'm getting a villain vibe whenever JJ speaks.

And also I like the way you wrote those missions. Keep it up.

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

Added mission #4 and as soon as I figure out how to do tables, vehicles will be put up.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

I'm slowly coming around to the idea of a modern day Vice the more I read your missions. I picked up on the Marabunta mention and it dawned on me that they'll probably be used like Haitians in VC and the Cholos in VCS. Another group of displaced refugees violently antagonising and being antagonised by the player. It's a sad cycle but one that would be very good to satirize.

Protagonist #1 jumping into the getaway speedboat of protagonist #2? Tip my hat, that's pretty ingenious.

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:51 AM

Added a bit to the Security-section, the Vehicle-section and a bit on weapon mechanics in the Gameplay Features-section.

Also, for those interested, until I'm able to make a vehicle table I like, here is the 'raw' overview.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

And the same for weapons, including a list of mods, potential DLC weapons and rough damage/penetration model.

https://docs.google....WlE&usp=sharing

It's not entirely complete, but eh, might as well show it off.

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

Added another mission, 'Tee-off'.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

Serious American Psycho vibes.

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

Serious American Psycho vibes.

Well... you're not wrong.

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:01 PM

Another mission added.

FriendlyFireOFF
  • FriendlyFireOFF

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:27 AM Edited by FriendlyFireOFF, 11 September 2014 - 10:29 AM.

Love your map OP. Though I would add a Tampa like city on the north west peak and maybe a Disney World type theme park in the middle of the map. Then for DLC add some tropical islands to the south. VI has to be VICE CITY and the map is bound to look very similar. Nice one.

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

Added another mission, was going to add a bit of Radio, but after the formatting f*cked up for the third time, I'm calling it quits for tonight.

Love your map OP. Though I would add a Tampa like city on the north west peak and maybe a Disney World type theme park in the middle of the map. Then for DLC add some tropical islands to the south. VI has to be VICE CITY and the map is bound to look very similar. Nice one.

Re: Disney World: One good reason not to include a Disney World (or most any other kind of theme park) is the absence in GTA of children. A Disney World-replica without children would be bizarre and I don't have any particular interest in seeing children added to the game.

Hocko1999_fgc
  • Hocko1999_fgc

VIRUS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:29 AM

Sorry that I'm late to board the boat as I just read this for the first time, but great job man :)

helpplease
  • helpplease

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:39 AM

I'm ok with it as long as Vice City is partitioned away from the rest of the land, and isnt extended. Also make sure there are plenty of bikes in the wet lands etc because in San Andreas it was a bitch losing your vehicle in the country. 

thedriver111
  • thedriver111

R.I.P. Top Gear

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:10 PM

Shouldn't this be moved to Concepts? Anyway, looks interesting

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:31 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 13 January 2015 - 01:32 PM.

I like this topic, first of all it looks visually appeasing I especially like the way you have made the gang section look like a factfile. I also like the format of your missions and your dialogue seems to really fit the tone. I get kind of a neo-noir vibe from it when I read the missions. I like Frankie too.. she seems to have a good balance in her character like she's not too girly but isn't overly tough either. She kind of reminds me of the character Tes played by Malin Akerman in the film Catch .44 for some reason thats how I picture her. If you're not farmiliar with the movie here's a picture of the character who also coincidentally works in a strip club.

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:06 AM Edited by Severe, 21 January 2015 - 12:06 AM.

Sorry that I'm late to board the boat as I just read this for the first time, but great job man :)

Thanks a bunch! It's never late, though an update is really overdue.

I'm ok with it as long as Vice City is partitioned away from the rest of the land, and isnt extended. Also make sure there are plenty of bikes in the wet lands etc because in San Andreas it was a bitch losing your vehicle in the country. 

Not sure what you mean, extended how? And how do you see it being partitioned off?

Shouldn't this be moved to Concepts? Anyway, looks interesting

Isn't that where it is? Thanks regardless.

I like this topic, first of all it looks visually appeasing I especially like the way you have made the gang section look like a factfile. I also like the format of your missions and your dialogue seems to really fit the tone. I get kind of a neo-noir vibe from it when I read the missions. I like Frankie too.. she seems to have a good balance in her character like she's not too girly but isn't overly tough either. She kind of reminds me of the character Tes played by Malin Akerman in the film Catch .44 for some reason thats how I picture her. If you're not farmiliar with the movie here's a picture of the character who also coincidentally works in a strip club.

Thanks man. The factfile format is inspired by the website for original (and real) Vice City. Even though a modern day VCPD probably wouldn't be using paper files, I like the aesthetic. I don't know if I'd call it neo-noir, I'm not as such aiming for that anyway, if anything I might call it neon-noir, a mix of glitz and grit, which will probably show more if I ever get around to writing down.

I'm glad you like Frankie, I have a hard time figuring out whether she is to 'male' - or if that is even a thing - but I generally like what she's like now. I've been piecing this together over several years and Frankie was actually male for a long time and her story outline as such isn't dominated by her gender, which probably helps make her seem less girly. I haven't seen that movie, but I might have to check it out.

I have a hard time picturing her and I generally try to avoid thinking too much about it, but you're not a million miles off. I looked at some other pics from the movie and this comes close. Somewhere between that, Katee Sackhoff, Gillian Jacobs and Linda Hamilton (ca. 1991), except a little less pretty and more 'beat up' - Frankie's not treating herself well. 

Anyway, thanks all, for the comments - it's nice to know people like it.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

Thanks man. The factfile format is inspired by the website for original (and real) Vice City. Even though a modern day VCPD probably wouldn't be using paper files, I like the aesthetic. I don't know if I'd call it neo-noir, I'm not as such aiming for that anyway, if anything I might call it neon-noir, a mix of glitz and grit, which will probably show more if I ever get around to writing down.

I'm glad you like Frankie, I have a hard time figuring out whether she is to 'male' - or if that is even a thing - but I generally like what she's like now. I've been piecing this together over several years and Frankie was actually male for a long time and her story outline as such isn't dominated by her gender, which probably helps make her seem less girly. I haven't seen that movie, but I might have to check it out.

I have a hard time picturing her and I generally try to avoid thinking too much about it, but you're not a million miles off. I looked at some other pics from the movie and this comes close. Somewhere between that, Katee Sackhoff, Gillian Jacobs and Linda Hamilton (ca. 1991), except a little less pretty and more 'beat up' - Frankie's not treating herself well. 

Nice play on words there hehe. Its not bad movie although its not overly good either. If you have a couple of hours to spare you may as well watch it. Akerman's character is probably one of the highlights. I'm usually the complete opposite.. I tend to picture my characters and imagine their voices speaking the lines I know others don't like to imagine their characters as any one person though. I like when tough female characters aren't overly pretty as that tends to distract from their character.. I guess I probably have a bit of a feminist leaning view when it comes to female characters.. if they're only there purely for a bit of eye candy then they might as well be written out since they bring nothing to the table. In saying that I don't think I could write for a strong female character.. then again neither can Rockstar :D

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:38 AM

I love you description of Francisca Ventura.

Female, an ex cop, and has served time, it's like you read my mind. :) :^:

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

I love you description of Francisca Ventura.

Female, an ex cop, and has served time, it's like you read my mind. :) :^:

Thanks man, hopefully you'll like the other two protagonists just as much, once I get around to fleshing them out more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users