Gta V to support mantle?

64 replies to this topic
manupa14
  • manupa14

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

http://www.dsogaming...rt-amds-mantle/ I'm just gonna leave the article there, you guys tell me what you think

momoTR
  • momoTR

GTA Veteran

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:26 PM Edited by momoTR, 09 July 2014 - 05:14 PM.

There is an article from videocardz.com. They put up the rumour as far as I know.

Link: http://videocardz.co...-support-mantle

Vicetopia
  • Vicetopia

Factory Overclocked

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

Why would they even post that?
There's no information to support it, whatsoever.  It's clickbait.

• SonofUgly likes this

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:13 PM Edited by Aleph-Zero, 09 July 2014 - 04:13 PM.

I wish some important website would post a HUGE lie about NG GTA V so Rockstar would at least talk about it even if it was just to say NO -.-' One month and not a word.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

If the PC version (and possibly the next-gen versions) support Mantle, then I can imagine that this will help AMD a great deal. It would be a nice change, too, since San Andreas and GTA IV were both more optimized for nVidia GPUs. Also, it would make an already simple decision (for me, anyways) whether AMD or nVidia would be the better choice, even simpler.

milenkovic24
  • milenkovic24

Srbin

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

If it is amd working on it, i`m sure it will support mantle. Also, look at the list of games that were amd working on, then look at the nVidia one, you will se that most of games with amd evolved were good optimized games (Far Cry 3, Battlefield 4, Bioschock Infinite...) while Nvidia working on games such as (Watch Dogs, AC IV Black Flag) were running bad on high-end PCs. So it`s better that AMD is working here.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:52 PM Edited by Xerukal, 09 July 2014 - 06:52 PM.

If it is amd working on it, i`m sure it will support mantle. Also, look at the list of games that were amd working on, then look at the nVidia one, you will se that most of games with amd evolved were good optimized games (Far Cry 3, Battlefield 4, Bioschock Infinite...) while Nvidia working on games such as (Watch Dogs, AC IV Black Flag) were running bad on high-end PCs. So it`s better that AMD is working here.

That's two games from the same company, though. Doesn't that tell us that Ubisoft is just sh*te at making games for PC?  NVIDIA has had some great runs in the past. Specifically the Batman Arkham games by Rocksteady. 

It's just that their Gameworks bullsh*t is awful. It's gotta stop, or at least become way more open and gamer-friendly.

• milenkovic24 likes this

TheSuspect007
  • TheSuspect007

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:56 PM

I would be surprise to see a partnership between R* and AMD because of this :

http://www.geforce.c...on-pc-this-fall

It's nVidia who talked about the announcement of GTA V, not AMD.

That being said, nVidia hasn't said anything else about graphical details that were not on R* announcement news. Is it because :

1 - They were told to not say anything or

2 - They just wanted to tell that the best seller game ever is finally coming to PC and sell more GPU's. I think it's the first reason

We will know for sure very soon...

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

What if i told you guys that Rockstar will be supporting both NVidia and AMD hardware as best as they can? Crazy right? Some conspiracy sh*t right there. -.-'

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

No!

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

I think the PS4 and PC versions will support mantle due to PC being flexible with both DX and Mantle. Plus the PS4 uses AMD hardware so it would make sense for it to support it while Microsoft will use DX12 for the XB1 as it's their territory.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:37 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 09 July 2014 - 07:39 PM.

It's quite possible it may support Mantle, however, Mantle will be basically pointless once DirectX 12 comes out, which will be a low-level API just like Mantle, and with support over all brands of graphics cards. Maybe it's more possible that Rockstar starts employing DX 12 functions instead.

Edit: If Mantle is employed on the consoles, it may explain the room for better graphics and AI. http://www.dualshock...f-both-further/

• Wylight and Kampret like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:59 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 09 July 2014 - 08:00 PM.

The PS4 is rumoured to be getting an overclock at the same time, increasing the processor speed from 1.6 GHz to 2.75 which was originally the plan in the previous devkit, I could see mantle really benefiting the PS4 at an advantageous situation.

Snorlax
  • Snorlax

Peon

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:03 PM Edited by Snorlax, 09 July 2014 - 08:02 PM.

Why would they even post that?
There's no information to support it, whatsoever.  It's clickbait.

ugh.....

just HOW is this "clickbait"? this is coming from a legitmate site and not some fud site like kpopstars or the latin times or some other non-gaming related site.

furthermore, while nividia was the first non-rockstar source to confirm GTA V was coming to PC, AMD were the first to have actual driver profiles for GTA V discovered in their betas going back to as early as october 2013 and then again in another beta driver from january and march.

no such thing was ever discovered in any of the nvidia drivers released during this time. so even if the game doesn't support mantle afterall, there's a strong possibility that it will be an AMD gaming evolved title. perhaps rockstar had initially worked out a deal with nvidia, the same way ubisoft had reportedly done so with their watch dogs game and AMD, but things may have changed.

we'll just have to wait and see.

That being said, nVidia hasn't said anything else about graphical details that were not on R* announcement news. Is it because :

2 - They just wanted to tell that the best seller game ever is finally coming to PC and sell more GPU's. I think it's the first reason

read my last post to find out why this may not hold any significance anymore.

TheSuspect007
  • TheSuspect007

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:25 AM

I see your point but I stand with mine.

Your point has good sense but even if R* has no deal with AMD, there GPU's will still run the game. Therefore, they need drivers to do it.

Also, on a marketing/contract point of view, I can't see why nVidia would mention that game (has you said,nVidia is the only non-Rockstar source to confirm GTA V PC  ) if R* has a deal with AMD.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

It's quite possible it may support Mantle, however, Mantle will be basically pointless once DirectX 12 comes out

Eh, you say that, but it took Mantle to come around in the first place, along with the uptake of Linux Based Gaming and OpenGL use to finally convince Microsoft to well, not be sh*t with DirectX. Competition was good in this case, especially as DirectX was growing in weird ways going from 10, to 10.1, to 11, to 11.1 and then 11.2, with no real benefits whatsoever in those .X releases, just an excuse with Nvidia to launch more GPU's.

The PS4 is rumoured to be getting an overclock at the same time, increasing the processor speed from 1.6 GHz to 2.75 which was originally the plan in the previous devkit,

Is that a typo??? It was the Xbox One which got a CPU overclock to 1.75Ghz, seeing as it's a similar APU that the PS4 uses I really doubt they're sitting on an unused 1.15Ghz of power. :p

utack
  • utack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

furthermore, while nividia was the first non-rockstar source to confirm GTA V was coming to PC, AMD were the first to have actual driver profiles for GTA V discovered in their betas going back to as early as october 2013 and then again in another beta driver from january and march.

Exactly. That is why i hope Rockstar did the clever thing and tell both GPU companies to keep with their specific solutions like Mantle, Gameworks or whatever it may be.

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

Anything that would have V run better on my AMD based rig is welcome!

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:58 PM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 12 July 2014 - 07:08 PM.

If the PC version (and possibly the next-gen versions) support Mantle, then I can imagine that this will help AMD a great deal. It would be a nice change, too, since San Andreas and GTA IV were both more optimized for nVidia GPUs. Also, it would make an already simple decision (for me, anyways) whether AMD or nVidia would be the better choice, even simpler.

Sure, but then again Mantle will also be open and support everything from Nvidia cards to Intel HD Graphics.

But I suppose when more games start to support Mantle, AMD cards will have that little extra boost in performance though.

The PS4 is rumoured to be getting an overclock at the same time, increasing the processor speed from 1.6 GHz to 2.75 which was originally the plan in the previous devkit, I could see mantle really benefiting the PS4 at an advantageous situation.

I don't really see that happening. Increasing the clock speed means more voltage which means more power required which means more heat.

The current PS4 design was based around that 1.6Ghz clock speed. I think the highest they could probably go is 2.0 Ghz with a slight voltage bump, but you will always increase the heat output and the fans will have to work harder which means louder.

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:43 AM

I know this is a rumour, but wasn't Max Payne 3 an AMD Gaming Evolved Title? Besides, I don't think I've seen that many TWIMTBP Rockstar or even Take-Two titles.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:57 AM

The PS4 is rumoured to be getting an overclock at the same time, increasing the processor speed from 1.6 GHz to 2.75 which was originally the plan in the previous devkit,

Is that a typo??? It was the Xbox One which got a CPU overclock to 1.75Ghz, seeing as it's a similar APU that the PS4 uses I really doubt they're sitting on an unused 1.15Ghz of power. :p

Not a typo. You can check on google the previous PS4 devkit which was based on maximum 2.75 GHz processor speed. Even now it's actually capable of doing it, but at the size of the console and the fan itself, not sure how it will work.

http://vr-zone.com/a...sted/45606.html

I just don't know if it was completely different machine or if it was very similar and decided to reduce the speed as well as make the console smaller.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:12 AM Edited by r34ld34l, 13 July 2014 - 06:13 AM.

Not a typo. You can check on google the previous PS4 devkit which was based on maximum 2.75 GHz processor speed. Even now it's actually capable of doing it, but at the size of the console and the fan itself, not sure how it will work.

I just don't know if it was completely different machine or if it was very similar and decided to reduce the speed as well as make the console smaller.

Wasnt PS3 dev kit also better than "normal" PS3? Maybe not in more GHz, but I'm sure PS4 can also download more GHz from internet, together with more RAM and bandwidth just like PC.

Snorlax
  • Snorlax

Peon

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

I know this is a rumour, but wasn't Max Payne 3 an AMD Gaming Evolved Title? Besides, I don't think I've seen that many TWIMTBP Rockstar or even Take-Two titles.

nope. mp3 featured nvidia tech.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

I'm not an AMD user, although remember that one of the leaks we got about V PC, was the AMD drivers (2013 fall) with options for it, which means they are working in it for quite sometime so this is quite possible and thinking about it maybe even DX12 support comes down the road, but who knows let's see what happens.

milenkovic24
  • milenkovic24

Srbin

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

I'm not an AMD user, although remember that one of the leaks we got about V PC, was the AMD drivers (2013 fall) with options for it, which means they are working in it for quite sometime so this is quite possible and thinking about it maybe even DX12 support comes down the road, but who knows let's see what happens.

Maybe, Halo 3 code was also found in one of those drivers and never come to PC.Well, it should support mantle, it`s the biggest game of decade for me, it should be the most improved game with all options.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

Maybe, Halo 3 code was also found in one of those drivers and never come to PC.Well, it should support mantle, it`s the biggest game of decade for me, it should be the most improved game with all options.

For now, we will probaly see GTA VI :)

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

That doesn't seem plausible because the TDP would increase significantly. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:22 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 13 July 2014 - 03:28 PM.

Ugh...so many websites have been saying this since last year.

Even N4G.

http://n4g.com/news/...z-up-to-2-75ghz

The current 1.6 GHz is just a base clock, but it's capable of doing 2.75 GHz. But it is obvious that the console right now would need a better cooling system to keep it at a good temperature. So I'm guessing the devkit had a bigger fan that could keep it cool.

Edit: Actually, read the previous link on the previous post I made. The temperatures on the operating system was 5-35c at 2.75 GHz. Sounds ridiculous, but Jaguar is capable of a turbo core.

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

1.6GHz to 2.7GHz is very suspicious. Unless they downgraded to 1.6 in the first place.

fefenc
  • fefenc

Luis Lopez is The Best HD era GTA Character Ever Created

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:47 PM Edited by fefenc, 13 July 2014 - 03:48 PM.

If Rockstar works with NVIDIA (Gameworks), GTA V will be as "bad port" as GTA IV, since NVIDIA will ruin it's FPS tax, making it unplayable to sell more graphic cards.

Rockstar must work with AMD if they don't wanna make a "second GTA IV"...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users