10 replies to this topic
thehambone
  • thehambone

C:\>_

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:35 AM

Hello everyone,

Has anyone noticed how at the start of the game, Claude's stamina is rather low -- he can only run a few feet before having to jog and catch his breath -- but as the game progresses, his stamina seems to be able to run for longer distances?

I'm just curious as to whether or not Claude's progressive stamina buildup is a result of the player running around more as they play the game (like in San Andreas), or if it's directly tied to the storyline; i.e. your stamina won't increase if you don't progress in the story.

Any thoughts?

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:19 AM

It is directly relevant to the 'Distance travelled on foot' stat. The more the value, the longer Claude can run without tiring.

However, this all becomes irrelevant once you complete the Paramedic mission - as you will be able to never get tired while running. (The Infinite Sprint ability)

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

Does the same apply to Vice City?
My guess is yes.
Or just mash the Shift button, and you'll sprint forever without Paramedics :D

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically correct.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

Odd, never knew that. I do know that if you tap the sprint button rather than hold it, it basically gives you infinite sprint anyway.

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

I never knew this either as Paramedics Level 12 is the FIRST thing I do when I am going for 100% in GTA III, amongst other things before starting the first mission.

Johan
  • Johan

Keep it 8 more than 92, 100.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:10 AM

It increases the more you run, nothing to do with the storyline.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblings Videospiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

I do know that if you tap the sprint button rather than hold it, it basically gives you infinite sprint anyway.

I remember finding out about that after VC came out and evidently Rockstar found out because they took away the ability to make that the infinite sprint and made it the SUPER SPRINT, which I still don't know what's so super about it.

• Mr. Jago likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

Tommy Vercetti runs way too fast.  It's rediculous as he runs so fast, the slightest fall off a curb, or a couple steps causes him to lose health/armor.  It's pathetic...

• Midnight Hitman likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblings Videospiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:45 AM

Tommy Vercetti runs way too fast.  It's rediculous as he runs so fast, the slightest fall off a curb, or a couple steps causes him to lose health/armor.  It's pathetic...

It's convenient if you're chasing after a car or running away from one. He's like Usain Bolt on steroids.

• Mr. Jago and ClaudX like this

thehambone
  • thehambone

C:\>_

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

It is directly relevant to the 'Distance travelled on foot' stat.

Awesome, that makes the most sense.

I do know that if you tap the sprint button rather than hold it, it basically gives you infinite sprint anyway.

I remember finding out about that after VC came out and evidently Rockstar found out because they took away the ability to make that the infinite sprint and made it the SUPER SPRINT, which I still don't know what's so super about it.

CJ looks like a madman when you super sprint.

I always thought this was strange, he runs at like 20 MPH!

• Kamd likes this

Naroon
  • Naroon

Saturday Night Beaver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:46 PM

Tommy's sprint speed is hilarious. You can catch up to cars who try to leave you behind with ease in many cases.

I once literally died because he was running so fast he "fell" off a curb and lost some HP (I only had like 7 hit points left.) A great moment, much laughter was had by all in the room.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users