ending b has a few plot holes spoilers

48 replies to this topic
kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

It doesn't take care of Chinese problem Trevor has or the stretch problem a takes Care of the Chinese problem cause Trevor dies anyway I still love the story and all endings just something I noticed. He guys see anymore plot holes?

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:43 PM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 08 July 2014 - 08:43 PM.

A and B are definitely the more undeveloped endings. They seem to only be there in order to cater towards people who hate Trevor or Micheal.

Donut
  • Donut

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

The entire story had plot holes.

• Blingy, GutterMouthPWG, Tycek and 13 others like this

Che Guevara_187
  • Che Guevara_187

Rebel

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:19 PM

C is the only ending that makes sense , A and B are good endings nall but Franklin wouldn't kill T or M 

• lol232 and daltontigerboy like this

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

killing M made the most sense

just a bitter old rich man who had the life style the game was really all about the $$$ and who had it all in a sleezy way?

M!

• Jeansowaty, Tao Cheng and ocd like this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

It doesn't take care of Chinese problem Trevor has or the stretch problem a takes Care of the Chinese problem cause Trevor dies anyway I still love the story and all endings just something I noticed.

It's not supposed to.  The thing is, in ending A or B, the other problems are still out there and will eventually mean the surviving characters die anyway (off-screen, of course, like pretty much every GTA protag except Vic and Johnny).  The fact they got rid of all threats in ending C was because they were working together to get sh*t done.

• archiebunker, Jimbatron and TheticalFlyer97 like this

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

I suppose here's my theory on the endings. You can A do what Michael failed to do in north Yankton and rid yourself of Trevor or B take Michaels advice and do whatever it takes to survive even if it means stabbing your friend and mentor in the back. Orrr C learn from Michaels mistakes and to me that's the point of the game you saw how Michael tried to wezal his way out and it all came back to bite him in the ass. So you learn from Michaels mistakes and do the right thing
  • Jimbatron and TheticalFlyer97 like this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:49 PM

I suppose here's my theory on the endings. You can A do what Michael failed to do in north Yankton and rid yourself of Trevor or B take Michaels advice and do whatever it takes to survive even if it means stabbing your friend and mentor in the back. Orrr C learn from Michaels mistakes and to me that's the point of the game you saw how Michael tried to wezal his way out and it all came back to bite him in the ass. So you learn from Michaels mistakes and do the right thing

I'd agree with you on A and B, but here's what I think about C: the important part is the ambush at the foundry.  In effect, it's the scene in the prologue at the farm, but in reverse; they're ambushing Merryweather instead of being ambushed by Norton; instead of somewhere cold, they're somewhere hot (the foundry); but the most important reverse comes near the end; Michael and Trevor are in contact by radio, but suddenly Trevor stops responding, so Michael fights his way across the room (in the same way Trevor attacked the police in Yankton when he thought Michael was dead) and it's that act that proves to Trevor that Michael can do something for someone other than himself.  So I guess, in a way, Michael is balancing out the mistake he made back in North Yankton, even if he isn't aware of it.

• archiebunker, Jimbatron, TJGM and 8 others like this

TirkaneX
  • TirkaneX

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:02 AM

imho, c is a humorous end. You know, mega happy end super best friends,  And, as D. Houser says, it's not to define who's the good one but who's the less bad. A is is like Trevor is, crual, B is like Michael is, dishonest(it's hard to find the right term), C is like Franklin is, the good guy butterfly rainbow animals are my friends I enjoy helping  with my towtruck and cab company etc.

But it bring nothing more to kill M or T, and it's fun to play with all of them, even after the mainstory.

So...

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

Good point about Michael helping Trevor. I think there's a lot more to the endings that first thought

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

And as I stated months before the release of GTA V... 9 years have passed since 2005 and I'm still looking for a better GTA than SA. Still no sign of it.

daltontigerboy
  • daltontigerboy

Cousin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:18 AM Edited by daltontigerboy, 09 July 2014 - 10:25 AM.

And as I stated months before the release of GTA V... 9 years have passed since 2005 and I'm still looking for a better GTA than SA. Still no sign of it.

What does that have to do with this topic?

Anyway. Neither A or B made sense and both had plot holes I think. As someone above stated, Franklin would not have killed Michael or Trevor. It's just not something he would do. It seems that Rockstar put those two endings into the game just so they could say that the game had multiple endings. They obviously couldn't go back to having one single ending after IV, but they also didn't have enough good ideas for multiple endings in the game, so what were stuck with is the two terrible cop out endings, and ending C, the actual ending of the game.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

Indeed, both A and B leave major holes in the story, yet some people are still convinced they're canon. 

C is canon, as far as I'm concerned, as it's the only one that makes post-story DLC possible without some sort of ret-con weirdness. 

• JetsRLove likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

The entire story had plot holes.

Actually ALL GAMES have plot holes.

inb4legendofspyro:dawnofthedragon

• Fuzzknuckles and Captain Arthur like this

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

I think GTAv is better than gta as but that's just my opinion. I don't believe in cannon endings tbh. I also think Franklin would kill Trevor or Michael because although c is a nice ending its a bit unrealistic. Franklin knows from fresh meat that Trevor is a loonatic that could snap and kill him and Michael anytime. So he has to be killed off. And he also knows that its only a matter of time before Michael stabs him in the back just like he did to Trevor. Or c you learn from Michaels mistakes

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

That's why you choose "C" and keep everybody alive for your savegame.

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:05 PM Edited by lol232, 09 July 2014 - 05:08 PM.

A GTA game better than GTA SA?
29/4/2008
It was here for 6 years.
  • MiamiViceCity, Tycek, kj2022 and 3 others like this

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:36 PM

OP post gave me cancer...Looks like it's made by a "swag yolo 12 years old" kid.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:38 PM

Lol if you get cancer from a internet post I think you need some help

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

No storyline is without sin, FACT. There's plot holes in in every other GTA storyline too if you dig deep enough (or just scratch the surface - the writers behind GTA aren't exactly Shakespeare).

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:04 PM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 09 July 2014 - 10:06 PM.

You can pretty much tell that ending C was meant to be the game's actual ending, but A and B seemed lazily put in last minute. A lot more work was put into ending C, as it takes about 35 minutes to complete if you're playing it for the first time, and the other ending can be finished in just 10 minutes. Ending C has more gold medal objectives, and has more detail put into it in general.

I'd bet ending A and B did not exist when this artwork was made:

actual_1356731693.jpg

• lol232 and TheticalFlyer97 like this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

Multiple endings suck anyway. They should have gone back to having NORMAL story-lines. Though, ending A and B just sound like "we'll let you have this one, but you failed really...". Preferable to IV's choice of endings... which were "MEGA guilt" or "MEGA guilt".

Jeez, it's a good job I don't really care about ending spoilers. That's both IV's ending AND V's ending ruined for me before playing them :p
  • Tikhung and TheticalFlyer97 like this

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:46 AM

now that I think about it...

if your a fan of trevor you're really no better and a fanboy like this guy

GTA-V-E1.jpg

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:25 AM

A and B are definitely the more undeveloped endings. They seem to only be there in order to cater towards people who hate Trevor or Micheal.

But nothing for those who hate Franklin.

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

Another COD Player...

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

Franklin's cool, f**k those who don't like him.

• archiebunker, ten-a-penny, TheticalFlyer97 and 1 other like this

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

It is almost as if GTAV's story was a rushed piece of crap.
  • MiamiViceCity and Kevert like this

Capital
  • Capital

Generic Goon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

Ending A and B were lazy endings.

C isn't much better. Definition of an anti climax.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

sometimes i feel like it wasn't worth it. When I walk by lester's house i feel deeply depressed that he's gone.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

Franklin's cool, f**k those who don't like him.

Depending on the ending you choose, Franklin is a treacherous swine and a coward.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

franklin not as big a nigga as lamar, lamar should have smoked that chump in gravy nigga.
and micheal sucks ass for killing his best friend in a wheel chair after all he did for him motherf*cking micheal is a huge dickosaurus and hates the crippled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users