Gta San Andreas Enb Problem

8 replies to this topic
Tomy Verceti Viceman
  • Tomy Verceti Viceman

Grove Street taco lunch with Sweet

• New Members
  • Cuba

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:29 PM

Hi guys I'm new, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum. Anyway, lets get to the point. I'm working on (or 99.99% complete) a brilliant mod pack called 'SA LowLife'. It tweaks every element of gameplay, graphics, sound, textures, and every useful CLEO mods i could find. All vehicles are replaced, planes, new gfx with enb tweaked by me, gta v road textures, new grass, vegetation, tropical colormod, new gun and car camera,CLEO Mods, Triangulum's Sound Overhaul, The World Trade Center and Burj Khalifa mods, new cj body and fingers, new internet cafe and Grove Family HD Pack (just all the main characters of San Andreas (e.g; Tenpenny, Toreno, Sweet etc) and Gta IV peds nad building textures (srt3.) As you can tell, this is a HUGE improvement for the world of SA, but there is one thing hindering the release of this mod. I think it's a problem with enb, or texture. When I am very high up (maybe flying a plane) and look down, the textures flicker like hell. And some textures of the map are just BLANK and not there, not loading, not anything.  A huge space. This is very annoying since i dont want my volunteers to feel this annoyance, so i need help. And, before you say, i have memory512.cs or StreamMemFix.asi whatever you call it. I will try and give a picture. Thanks in advance! :panic:

AeroFX
  • AeroFX

"All can be changed"

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

Try to use flickr.asi on Project 2DFX... i use it..

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically correct.

• GTAMods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

but there is one thing hindering the release of this mod. I think it's a problem with enb, or texture

Yeah, permission to bundle all these mods is a huge problem.

• Danikov likes this

Silent
  • Silent

Altering R* Vision™ since 2008

• GTAMods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

"Brilliant" and "mod pack" should never end up being in the same sentence.
  • Danikov and TJGM like this

Tomy Verceti Viceman
  • Tomy Verceti Viceman

• New Members
  • Cuba

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:50 PM Edited by Tomy Verceti Viceman, 30 July 2014 - 12:53 PM.

Uh I think its a problem with the Timecyc because Im using 10x far clip distance. But for many people those holes in the map don't exixt is it just me or have I messed up my Timecyc? And I am using project 2dfx because I like the way in Gta IV the lights shine from above, but Gta IV lags too much, I don't meet system requirements. I also found Render.cs which is supposedly used to prevent holes or flickering in the map but it doesn't work! Please you modders out there are die hard Gta Sa fans and you make brilliant mods, Silent, your ASI loader is mandatory; without it many mods would not exist example DK_22 Pac IV weapon camera. And when I release SA_Low Life it will be a huge success! Im still updating the cleos for real features like showering or washing hands. Help me, I know this Timecyc will work!

P.S Isn't Flickr.asi a file from SA::RENDER? Because I don't remember it being in my SA directory.

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• GTAMods Staff
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:52 AM

No, flickr.asi is from P2DFX, and it should be located in your scripts folder within the SA directory if you are using the latest version of P2DFX.

Mod Packs aren't allowed here either.

Tomy Verceti Viceman
  • Tomy Verceti Viceman

• New Members
  • Cuba

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

I fixed the problem by deleting various plugins that increase the draw distance. I had a 10x far clip Timecyc, Render.cs, memory512.cs and Project 2dfx's draw distance changer 'gta3vcsa'. Seems like all these plugins were interfering and crashing and looping the holes in the map, so i deleted all of them except the P2DFX's default draw distance multiplier and memory512.cs. All was going well until now... right now its not holes in the map im worried about but this new problematic crash issue. Sometimes (most of the time) the game crashes within 10 minuets into the game. I know i am meant to start a knew topic on a new issue but this is a total conversion and this topic is about fixing the issues, if you address it that way. If you want my system specs there here (sorry if my system looks totally f*ckED, I built one myself like most humans from the PC masterace do):

Graphics Card: Nvidea GeForce Titan GTX 780

CPU: Intel Core i7 - 4930k QuadCore 4.2 GHz (overclocked by experienced overclocker)

RAM: 16GB 4x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 SDRAM 1600Hz 1.5v (the info from the store i bought it from)

Audio: I dunno doesen't say in my Performance Tab

P.S Im on Windows 8.1

Tomy Verceti Viceman
  • Tomy Verceti Viceman

• New Members
  • Cuba

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:18 PM

[Sorry for the double post]

Yunno, it would be sweet if someone could help guys:)

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:12 PM Edited by pep legal, 24 August 2014 - 12:42 AM.

[Sorry for the double post]

Yunno, it would be sweet if someone could help guys:)

Man...crashes can be caused by a lot of thing such as : bad models (dff) , corrupted textures, scripts mutual interferences, engine limits breached, memory leakage, etc.

have a look at this thread : http://gtaforums.com...-crasheserrors/

You will need SALA for getting Error Code of those Crashes.

At first, I would suggest testing every new model and texture you put in the game. Use DFF Viewer to see if the model can at least be open, Use TXD Workshop to do the same for textures files.

Use that Limit Adjuster inside "2dfx-project" to increase some engine limits (don't use SALA for that...SALA is very buggy, helpful for debugging only). You may want to tweak some ini settings, like nodes, buildings, objects, alpha,etc.

That Memory Stream Extender (memory_512.cs) is a good thing to use. (Probably you already have it).  You can try the 512MB or 1GB version. There is a 2GB version but it's a little buggy (I think).

Avoid using heavy models : 5k polygons is considered heavy for this game. 3k poly is good. You can use some few heavy models, but only for "non-repetition" itens : ex.: an 8K poly for CJ house is acceptable (there is only one)...but not good for Taxis (there are lots of them on streets).  

If you can't find the polycount of the model, look at DFF file size. Keep DFF files above 0,5MB away from your game.

And for textures, use and abuse of Mipmaps. Excepting for LOD textures, all the textures of my game are Mipmapped. You may want to have a look at this : http://gtaforums.com...xd/?hl= dds2txd

I strongly recomend not to work directly with IMG files (gta3.img). Putting in / Taking off files of IMG can be harmful. You still can do it for fast testing...but for a release version of you Pack it's better extract ALL files from original gta3.img into a folder, Do all moddifications in that folder...and finally rebuild the whole folder into a brand new IMG file.

For Packs which make huge "transformations" like yours it's always good to keep only those modds which are important and well tested by users. Get rid of those small moddifications that no one will even notice and only clutter your game.

BTW...There are thousands of Mod Packs out there...and 99% of them are buggy. I don't blame modders...this game is problematic even with no modd..

That's all I can say.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users