152 replies to this topic
enjoithepain
  • enjoithepain

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

GG MMD!

This is the pic for the first top fun. sry for the bad quality. Northernhawk & me got 1 kill each. After 20min of me flying over the last MMDer he ran under a train! Fire_Gamer (our 3rd player) started the match but disconnected.

Good, I'm glad you got the picture for that one. That was painful to watch when Sensei got ran over by that train! Also I can't believe NorthernHawk splattered panchoober and managed not to crash his jet :D

GG D12 :^:
  • A J and Riznind like this

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

Thought this would work better, it's a Google Doc of EVERYONE'S stats in the tournament.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Major props for even attempting this  :^:  Dedication to the event right there. 

I remember doing the same for Gang Wars but that was just racing points, jobs (Mafiya Work) and kills, you're keeping track of far more stuff, good work T0X1C.

I look forward to our next game against our rivals and friends MMD. :)

Good luck to the Reapers and Queens in their games too  :^: , judging by how well Queens have done so far that's going to be a really good game.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

If you want to suggest a change for Round 3, do so NOW. :p

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

New Rockstar created maps may be chosen. starting now since nobody has played yet :^: I'll add them to the list later. Please wait for me to do so, in case some are for 3 teams and you haven't noticed. :p

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

TMMD 2 - 4 DAMN

Thanks to both teams for making it happen and enjoi for the pics. :^: Good games.

TDM:

Fsw52fJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Fsw52fJ.jpg

I dropped out after a few minutes to keep teams even because zander disconnected.

Capture:

Yid0WKF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Yid0WKF.jpg

Race 1:

fHS2BbW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fHS2BbW.jpg

Race 2:

zKf3aqP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zKf3aqP.jpg

Top Fun 1:

VkSpet0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VkSpet0.jpg

Top Fun 2

rV9BIXu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rV9BIXu.jpg

Both teams made it to the Yellow Zone so no Versus Point is awarded.

Lazy, Shady and Ripper were jelly of my chromed, troll Entity. :(

Q8ioZ2j.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Q8ioZ2j.jpg

• johnwontscore, A J and G D like this

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:41 PM Edited by T0X1C, 25 August 2014 - 03:49 PM.

With immediate effect, the new rules regarding forfeiting games, games not going ahead, etc.

• Pulling out of the tournament results in all past and future matches being lost 6 - 0.
  • Not showing up to an agreed time for a game results in your team going 2 - 0 down. The team that showed up can choose which playlist will not be played if the match eventually goes ahead. Not showing up again results in your team going 4 - 0 down, not showing up a 3rd time results in the game being lost 6 - 0.
  • It is now mandatory to have a backup date scheduled, this means you will need to organise TWO dates that both teams can make. For example, if you can only play on Fridays you will have to organise the game for the coming Friday with the backup game being the next Friday. Not showing up to the main date results in one of the team going down by 2. Not showing up to the backup date (if applicable) results in the same punishment (i.e the score will either be 4 - 0 or 2 - 2). If both teams don't show, there is no punishment. This rule stops teams from simply going 2 - 0 up if the other team doesn't show up and then riding that out to victory. The backup date can be at any time during the game window, a day after the main date or a week.
  • The team that showed up to the main date (Home or Away) chooses which playlist will not be played on the backup date.
  • A game that does not go ahead with neither side willing to organise it will result in a 6 - 0 win for the Away side.
  • A game that does not go ahead with the Home side clearly making an effort to get the game going will result in a 6 - 0 win for the Home side.

Zeldeza
  • Zeldeza

Master Sniper

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:07 PM Edited by Zeldeza, 25 August 2014 - 06:24 PM.

Why the new rules all of a sudden? 

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

Shouldn't the new rules be put in effect at the start of the next round? 

Since this is the first case of a team winning by forfeit through a no show, it doesn't have to be. It would be unfair if QOTD won 6 - 0, but other teams only won 2 - 0 if something like this happened again in future despite it being possible to implement the rule immediately. No need to wait until the next round to apply a rule like this, if another team had already won 6 - 0 because of a no-show then yes, the rule would only kick in next round.

Zeldeza
  • Zeldeza

Master Sniper

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:37 PM Edited by Zeldeza, 25 August 2014 - 06:47 PM.

Since this is the first case of a team winning by forfeit through a no show, it doesn't have to be. It would be unfair if QOTD won 6 - 0, but other teams only won 2 - 0 if something like this happened again in future despite it being possible to implement the rule immediately. No need to wait until the next round to apply a rule like this, if another team had already won 6 - 0 because of a no-show then yes, the rule would only kick in next round.

I've never been the best when it comes to understanding certain rules but shouldn't this one give QOTD a 6 - 0 win? 

"A game that does not go ahead with the Home side clearly making an effort to get the game going will result in a 6 - 0 win for the Home side."

Though if that's not the case, shouldn't these rules apply from now on since they were made after our match? So technically they shouldn't effect the end result of our match as they hadn't been invented yet? 

Just curious.. 

Also, I feel the need to point out that on the list of rules on the first page there is a rule saying:

"Similarly, if it is obvious that the Home Team Captain is making an effort but the game does not go ahead, the Home Team will be awarded a 6 - 0 victory."

And as that's the rule that was in effect during our 'match', though the Away Team forfeited, we get an automatic 6 - 0 win, wouldn't we? 

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

I've never been the best when it comes to understanding certain rules but shouldn't this one give QOTD a 6 - 0 win? 
"A game that does not go ahead with the Home side clearly making an effort to get the game going will result in a 6 - 0 win for the Home side."

Though if that's not the case, shouldn't these rules apply from now on since they were made after our match? So technically they shouldn't effect the end result of our match as they hadn't been invented yet? 

Just curious.. 

Well you could argue that REAP did make an effort, they just couldn't make it on that day. QOTD can't make weekdays. Seems kinda harsh to put them on the receiving end of a 6 - 0 defeat for being unable to make the game. The game window is technically not over, this is a rule that doesn't technically apply to in-game events and adding it doesn't affect other crews as, say, adding a new rule about weapons after one team has already played. I hope I'm making sense?

Zeldeza
  • Zeldeza

Master Sniper

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:51 PM Edited by Zeldeza, 25 August 2014 - 07:11 PM.

Just curious.. 

Well you could argue that REAP did make an effort, they just couldn't make it on that day. QOTD can't make weekdays. Seems kinda harsh to put them on the receiving end of a 6 - 0 defeat for being unable to make the game. The game window is technically not over, this is a rule that doesn't technically apply to in-game events and adding it doesn't affect other crews as, say, adding a new rule about weapons after one team has already played. I hope I'm making sense?

Don't get me wrong, I see where you're coming from, but.. to make new rules during the middle of a round that will really only effect one team seems a bit unfair. Putting the new rules in effect at the start of the next round seems the better option imo. 

Also, shouldn't all new rules only apply to future matches and not matches that have already taken place? 

SmilingAssassin
  • SmilingAssassin

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Why would it be unfair.
It was in the rules from the beginning?

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

The rules referred to a team that didn't make an effort to make the game happen, this is more a case of real life getting in the way and another chance to play the game not being available. It really is more of a case of a new rule being added than an old rule being changed. If a team were to flat out ignore requests to get the game done then the forfeit will be 6 - 0. A forfeit of that severity is harsh on a team that couldn't make a single game.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

The REAP /QOTD match may be just needs to be given additional time to get organised and played?

SirPhilMcKraken
  • SirPhilMcKraken

QOTD PS3 Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

I see where you're coming from TOX1C and thats fair enough that it was only one game. But we had previously set up the time, made an effort to be there and then I was told that after 2 hours after the game should have started, we were then informed they couldn't make it. Just a heads up really around the time it was due to start to let us know they were short on players would have been fine but its the fact that we were left with no clue as to what was going on and were just left sitting there waiting, text chat set up and all.

We've become increasingly active in making our own in-crew events and which many are planned a fair bit in advance to make sure we get enough people being able to make it as I know a load of people have IRL stuff in preparation for going back to school/uni or being on holiday. I personally prefer the weekend as I go to bed at around 10pm weekdays to get up for work the next morning and thats the time most people are free and I know a few others are in the same boat.

Its a shame as I do wish everyone to have an equal shot at winning points and I'm sure it would have been a great battle but it was just a wasted evening for us.

• A J, Jokerzreality, T0X1C and 2 others like this

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:41 PM Edited by T0X1C, 25 August 2014 - 07:41 PM.

The 3 points are yours, we're talking about a difference of 4 to the W/L ratio which may not have any bearing in such a small league anyway. I understand your position, perhaps REAP would have been able to make a weekday game but you cannot. 2 - 0 seems fair to me under these circumstances. They are a tough team to beat, take it and run.

You're free to start organising Round 4. :^:

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:45 PM

I see where you're coming from TOX1C and thats fair enough that it was only one game. But we had previously set up the time, made an effort to be there and then I was told that after 2 hours after the game should have started, we were then informed they couldn't make it. Just a heads up really around the time it was due to start to let us know they were short on players would have been fine but its the fact that we were left with no clue as to what was going on and were just left sitting there waiting, text chat set up and all.

We've become increasingly active in making our own in-crew events and which many are planned a fair bit in advance to make sure we get enough people being able to make it as I know a load of people have IRL stuff in preparation for going back to school/uni or being on holiday. I personally prefer the weekend as I go to bed at around 10pm weekdays to get up for work the next morning and thats the time most people are free and I know a few others are in the same boat.

Its a shame as I do wish everyone to have an equal shot at winning points and I'm sure it would have been a great battle but it was just a wasted evening for us.

It really sucks when that happens, you show up, wait around and the others don't show up.

Good post by the way :^:

I noticed when we arranged to play you guys you couldn't do a weekend, and we played a Thursday night (We were fortunate we had a good amount of players to match you guys that night, too), you appear to be organising quite a lot of things, may I ask how you are doing this? .

I'm keen and I'm sure other members of the Damned are keen to play more organised events against other crews, but getting decent matches set up is increasingly difficult, as witnessed here. Racing crews only want to race, team death match crews only want to TDM, finding crews that will compete in a range of modes is hard to impossible, and even in their chosen modes, a lot of crews are incredibly picky about settings that they insist on or a certain sh*tty map.  /rant

Good luck to all crews in round 4. Who are we playing?

• SirPhilMcKraken likes this

SirPhilMcKraken
  • SirPhilMcKraken

QOTD PS3 Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

It really sucks when that happens, you show up, wait around and the others don't show up.

Good post by the way :^:

I noticed when we arranged to play you guys you couldn't do a weekend, and we played a Thursday night (We were fortunate we had a good amount of players to match you guys that night, too), you appear to be organising quite a lot of things, may I ask how you are doing this? .

I'm keen and I'm sure other members of the Damned are keen to play more organised events against other crews, but getting decent matches set up is increasingly difficult, as witnessed here. Racing crews only want to race, team death match crews only want to TDM, finding crews that will compete in a range of modes is hard to impossible, and even in their chosen modes, a lot of crews are incredibly picky about settings that they insist on or a certain sh*tty map.  /rant

Good luck to all crews in round 4. Who are we playing?

Thanks! I try and be fair and impartial :)

It depends on what ideas we have really. Its a culmination of the crew leader's planned ideas for the crew as a whole or a console specific event planned by one of us. We have Meth'd Up Monday and Toxic Tuesday where we dress up in bright green and just cause chaos. I enjoy dressing up like Walter White ;)

Then we've had a few other free roam event based things such as Hide and Seek and then other ideas such as a pirate themed event where we all dressed as pirates and split into two teams and got the sailing boat and limited ourselves to the single shot old rifle (name has completely slipped my mind) and whichever boat has kills the other team first wins. Problem with these is they take an incredibly long time to set up due to cops, pegasus vehicle problems and other things but they're fun! To be honest, even setting these up amongst our crew is a bit of a hassle. I've tried to setup a few things in the vain of Little And Cubed, a set of videos with YOGSCAST Martyn and NerdCubed where they make certain mini-games using the DM creator. They generally require extra "outside-game" rules if that makes sense like trying to land a plane on the back of a flatbed etc but theres always the chance of people not listening to instructions or remembering them. We don't really pre-test them either beforehand so sometimes they go ok or sometimes they take a crazy long time to setup.

We're actually a diverse crowd, we all play together but we all have our own favourite disciplines which we're best at. We all have our own favourite tracks/maps but we are open to most really unless they are badly designed or irritating (a sh*t tonne of jumps, hidden weapons, dodgy spawns etc). We've also got quite a few active creators as well who often ask us to try out their creations :)

We're definitely open to crew vs crew events outside this :) Just may need to be well in advance so we can plan it all. We've started to put together a proper scheduling system so we can keep up to date on what event is when :)

• A J likes this

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

Sounds epic bro,

You were trying to remember the musket gun ! :)

Musket only games are great fun!

Good to know you also have troubles organising stuff at times too, it can be an utter shambles for us, I remember we wanted to do a thing involving 16 players and a cargobobbed bus, i.e. we all sky dive from the bus when in the air, it took nearly an hour to get everyone together, then it took an idiot twice to avoid the temptation to blow the f*cking thing up, then the cops showed up, it was hilarious, but getting it set up a bloody nightmare. It's all good fun though

We should try to do some stuff together soon :^: Good in your next match ;)

Laker23
  • Laker23

Waiting for United to come good, waiting..

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

I think we had the races on a Thursday and the rest on a day I can't remember, just know it was split over 2 days. I think it was actually the pirate even was on the weekend that time.

I love all the events though, keeps the game fresh. And don't get me started on cops, determined to ruin anything you plan every time -_-
  • SirPhilMcKraken and A J like this

SirPhilMcKraken
  • SirPhilMcKraken

QOTD PS3 Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:49 PM Edited by SirPhilMcKraken, 26 August 2014 - 07:49 PM.

Sounds epic bro,

You were trying to remember the musket gun ! :)

Musket only games are great fun!

Good to know you also have troubles organising stuff at times too, it can be an utter shambles for us, I remember we wanted to do a thing involving 16 players and a cargobobbed bus, i.e. we all sky dive from the bus when in the air, it took nearly an hour to get everyone together, then it took an idiot twice to avoid the temptation to blow the f*cking thing up, then the cops showed up, it was hilarious, but getting it set up a bloody nightmare. It's all good fun though

We should try to do some stuff together soon :^: Good in your next match ;)

Thats it xD Yeah :)

Yep, that sounds just like what we end up doing. I just wish we could turn cops off in an invite-only session, we could do so much stuff but we end up giving up on some because the cops keep showing up and its irritating as f*ck! x( That sounds like a cool idea though, may have to try that ;)

Yeah man, let me know of any ideas! Thanks, you too :)

Gelotronica
  • Gelotronica

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Spain

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:56 PM

Hello friends, SonsOfAnarchySpainMC we are interested in participating in the league, do not know if this is possible but it can also be for the next, good job.
  • T0X1C likes this

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

Hello friends, SonsOfAnarchySpainMC we are interested in participating in the league, do not know if this is possible but it can also be for the next, good job.

Yes, you are welcome to join the next one if there is enough interest. :)

Gelotronica
  • Gelotronica

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Spain

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:04 PM

Yes, you are welcome to join the next one if there is enough interest. :)

Ok thank you very much! Of course we will continue interested, count on us.

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

Looks good Toxic only if Xbox had enough crews around here that enjoyed doing stuff like this.
  • T0X1C likes this

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:24 PM Edited by T0X1C, 29 August 2014 - 03:28 PM.

I would have been happy to incorporate an Xbox league and share the topic, but there was no interest. :^: If you ever want to organise one, you're free to copy-paste everything and change "PS3" to "Xbox360." :p

QOTD Xboxers were interest, but that was it.

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

Yah I league with 2 crews probably would be to good, last year it was 3 but WOTN didn't even do anything it was just Academi and the Legion which is now gone

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

Well so far it's looking like neither game is going ahead, with 6 - 0 forfeit wins for DAMN and QOTD. There is still time though, so get organising.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:04 PM Edited by T0X1C, 09 September 2014 - 02:38 PM.

Righty then, some big changes:

• THR have pulled out, so all past results involving them are changed to 6 - 0 forfeit wins for the other team. I think the only game that actually happened was vs MMD, player scores from that game are being wiped (sorry enjoi). :p
  • The fixtures are going to be rearranged to accommodate this change.
  • The rule about needing a backup date is being scrapped.
  • You now only need to play in a minimum of FOUR games to win the Iron Man and/or War Pig award.

Updated stats sheet for ya:

https://docs.google....i=1#gid=5982002

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

So now there are four. 

Disappointed that THR have dropped out right before we were about to play against them. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users